Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

I had mine too yesterday Mink, dates were spot on so nine weeks three days today! Got to see the heartbeat, and the blood flow through the heart and from me to baby. Due the 25th July. Can't wait to tell the family tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Happy Christmas ladies!

Just bought a large bottle of gaviscon, have a feeling I'll be needing it to relieve the acid reflux over the next few days. This baby is not going to spoil my Xmas dinner!

I have decamped to my parents house for a couple of days. I'm actually quiet sad that this is the last ever Xmas eve I'm going to sleep in my old room! I think I need to grow up!ha!

Hope all the ladies who have been feeling unwell get a little break tomorrow to enjoy their dinner and please God, this time next year we will all be preparing for Christmas with our little bundles of joy.

Peace, health and happiness to you all
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

theg81der wrote: »
    silly wrote: »
    So, I'm not sure how I will cope tomorrow, with food everywhere! And Christmas dinner is my all time fav!

Aaaaand, I'm cooking for the inlaws tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Me too I alway cook for xmas there but hoping as MIL knows she`ll take pity on me. I can`t even stand the smell of food or people or anything actually. Sooooooo sick (feeling really sorry for myself today girls just found out an old friend died so sad :().

Sorry to hear that re your friend, so sad to lose someone anytime of year let alone Christmas.

Really feeling for all you girls who are feeling sick Xmas day. Hope there's some respite for you, even a couple hours.

Merry Christmas everyone and as said above, this time next yr will be baby's first Christmas and we'll all be yummy mummies.

Only 365 shopping days to Christmas 2012 lads ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

We had a lovely christmas. announced to my parents that we were engaged. have been keeping it secret for months due to complicated circumstances.

morning sickness seems to have abated to only once a week.

A friend tackled me in the pub about being pregnant and i was so suprised that she copped on immediately that i was. was very cross as she then went and told another friend who promptly tild her husband. very cross as they were very blase about it. they didnt seem to realise that its a very personal thing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi Girls,
    I hope you had great Xmas.
    Ours was ok.
    My mum is in Dublin since Wednesday evening. I love her but I'm tired - her behaviour is sometimes so strange. She didn't ask me even once how I feel. My morning sickness was killing me last few days. I was vomiting quite often and feel really tired of everything.
    Anyway today we are celebrating 6th wedding anniversary and tomorrow will be full 10 weeks of pregnancy.

I also get my letter from Coombe, I'm going on 5th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

notsobusy wrote: »

A friend tackled me in the pub about being pregnant and i was so suprised that she copped on immediately that i was. was very cross as she then went and told another friend who promptly tild her husband. very cross as they were very blase about it. they didnt seem to realise that its a very personal thing....
    Oh that sucks! Some people can be so tactless!
    Congrats on the engagement!

Some people can be so insensitive.
    My boyfs cousin 'outed' us and another friend to each other because he thought it was ok because it was a secret for both of us. Bless him, his heart was in the right place and while it wasn't that big a deal for us, as we r almost 12 weeks, the other person is only a few weeks and hadn't told very many people.

I know this is sad, but I cried after I left my parents house this eve. I think it was the realisation that everything is changing and I won't be able to move back home for Christmas next year. Even tho I've been living with my Boyf for three years, I've only spent one of those Christmas Eve's in my own house and that was only because he had been really sick and had been in hospital for a long time. Sad, I know but it's probably just a combination of nostalgia and hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Its horrible when people find out unexpectedly like that, I'm sure we all want to tell the important people personally!
    And for everyone else to keep their nose out until we're ready for them.

I am 12 weeks 6 days today, and I am so tired, I have almoist fallen asleep at the dinner table twice in the last two days!
    I'm really hoping that this 2nd trimester energy boost isn't a myth, because my exhaustion is getting steadily worse.
    I've taken to having a nap in the afternoon - and I still yawn my way through the rest of the day - grr

Hooe everyone elses christmases were awesome, and that you are all feeling spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

HI girls, Hope you all had a great xmas!!!

I am 13 weeks on Sunday and I have started to shop-majorly.

I have my buggy,cot,wardrobe and chest of drawers ordered :( There is no stopping me I'M LIKE A MACHINE!!!
    Starting to feel like myself again, 2nd trimester FTW!

• Advertisement

Wow javagal, that's organisation!
    We're hoping to get a few donations from family members.

Picked up a couple of bits in Next this eve...got a nice black dress for €19. Delighted with myself!
    Going to have a look in mother care tomorrow for some trousers and leggings and tights. Anyone know what their sale is like?

kildareash wrote: »
    Wow javagal, that's organisation!
    We're hoping to get a few donations from family members.

Picked up a couple of bits in Next this eve...got a nice black dress for €19. Delighted with myself!
    Going to have a look in mother care tomorrow for some trousers and leggings and tights. Anyone know what their sale is like?

It's not too bad. My mam told me Marks N Spences are good for maternity trousers. Must try get some soon. Although I fit in my normal clothes-they're just not comfortable

To anyone else with morning sickness I went and got sea bands on the recommendation of a pharmacist I know and they seem to be working. Someone else told me cold bland food and that seems ok too. Not sure which worked but that feck I`m getting some relief.

javagal wrote: »
    It's not too bad. My mam told me Marks N Spences are good for maternity trousers. Must try get some soon. Although I fit in my normal clothes-they're just not comfortable

Never even thought of marks...might pop over there at the weekend.
    The buttons in my trousers are under serious pressure! I've gone up a dress size in the last six weeks.
    I need to keep the weight in check so Even if my energy levels don't come back to normal, I'm going to force myself to exercise in the New Year. I have two dogs who are only dying to get going again.

When I went to M&S before Xmas they told me that they stop providing maternity clothes. I asked is is because of Xmas but they told me that no it is permanent.
    New Look in Liffey Valley is good for maternity clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Java I am so jealous of you buying stuff: im not even allowed look yet! I was trying to show him things online and he refuses to look: he says when Im 5 months gone we can start buying but for now no!!

I'm mad for a nosey around the shops but can't stand for any length of time so im moving from bed to couch at moment... very exciting but I was able to eat abit of xmas dinner!

I'm in a dilemna with what to do with clothes: I've lost 18 pounds now. So obviously my clothes aren't fitting: i havent a pair of jeans that will stay up on me but my stomach is massive compared to rest of me so dresses look like crap!! And tights are massively uncomfortable!! I dont know wether to buy new stuff now or wait: I'm obviously going to start putting on weight at some stage! So to buy or not to buy.... ;)

And can I just say the relief of being over 12 weeks.... unreal. I bawled I was so happy (although to be fair I have also cried at Mrs Browns Boys, Cool Runnings, Up, The Simpsons, The Lion King and Eastenders over the last few days!!)

Cyning I have bought so much that ive worried myself to think something will happen. Although major bargain is the complete bottlefeeding set ftom avent. 52 pounds on amazon. Has loadsa bottles,the powder portioners,sterilser,bottle warmer and insulatex bag! steal or what ladies

That is seriously good value! I am so mad to buy stuff: and i hadn't even thought of Amazon untill now!!

Speaking of bottle feeding... Has any of you decided if you will be breast feeding or bottle feeding??

I want to breastfeed.
    I hope it will work.

• Advertisement

Saurelin wrote: »
    I want to breastfeed.
    I hope it will work.
    I hope to try it too.have such a bad head cold.what can I take?

I'm hoping to breastfeed but will be prepared with bottles just in case... thats the plan for now. I know I'll be a bit gutted if I can't for whatever reason!

No real idea on the headcold: you can take paracetamol afaik: they were trying to give it to me in hosp anyway for pain so i dont think anything stronger.

I'm hoping to breast feed too, but I'll probably end up combining it with bottles and expressing milk. Ive always felt that feeding is an important bonding time for both parents.
    We have the weddings of two close friends the month after I'm due, so I'll need someone else to be able to look after him or her for a few hours at least. Thankfully, they're both local so I'll be able to pop home to baby during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hoping to breast feed too, but will certainly express some milk so that hubby (or should that be daddy?) can be involved too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I would like to breast feed too. My fiance asked me to express milk so he could feed aswell. I was very impressed!!

Breastfeeding all the way so expecting it to be painful thou can`t let oh touch me at the mo.

Glad you are all hoping to breast feed like me! I'm worried I won't be able to do it and I'm not sure what the best gadgets for expressing milk are,, so we'll all have eachother to help with advice.

I so hope I can do it. Even for a few weeks. It's great for bonding and great for baby so big up the breastfeeding bessies!!!

I have home made lemsip and tissue plugs up my nose. Cold, Cold go away Come again some other day. Like...Never !

javagal wrote: »
    I so hope I can do it. Even for a few weeks. It's great for bonding and great for baby so big up the breastfeeding bessies!!!

I have home made lemsip and tissue plugs up my nose. Cold, Cold go away Come again some other day. Like...Never !

Agh poor you! not sure how i`ve managed to dodge the cold fairy i`m normally doesed this time of year! think its a positive side of having such crap ms i haven`t been anywhere to get it.

• Advertisement

Javagal - have u tried freshly squeezed lemon and honey? U can mix in some hot water with blackcurrant juice or somethng if u don't like the taste on its own.
    My little nephew had an awful dose a few weeks ago and along with a bit of tlc from nanny he got over it without needing to see the doc or antibiotics.

Hope u feel better soon!

Advertisement