Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

So far we have:
    Cyning - 8th July
    Mamaheidi - 8th July
    Javagal - 9th July
    Kash - 13th July
    Fri.day - 18th July
    Silly - 18th July
    Saurelin - 22nd July
    March11 - 22nd July
    Mink - 28th July

Only missing Kildareash's date???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sorry guys didn't mean to worry anyone re the whole not having morning sickness thing. I normally pay no heed to "Internet facts". I'm still hoping I don't get morning sickness. I'm glad I still have the sore boobs and occasional cramping though. But there are definitely women who get no real symptoms other than a missed period and the pregnancy goes fine.

The funny thing is I get a little crampy after I go for a pee. It's like my uterus stretches out after emptying the bladder!

Anyone start buying any baby stuff? I actually went and bought a baby gro with the OH when we started trying! I feel like I have a legitimate reason to go down the baby aisle in tescos now haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

The only thing I have bought so far is some pretty pastel wool which will soon become baby's first blanket. I probably wont get anything else until chritmas is out of the way, but I have asked for Ikea vouchers - maybe I should change that to mothercare? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Haven't started buying anything yet: I will once the 3 months is up :) the sales woohoo :D 3months 26th December so good timing!

No cravings for me :D although I guess you'd have to want to eat if you wanted cravings...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Haven't and won't buy anything for ages yet, am too superstitious!!

Dare I ask if anyone is going to have a glass of wine or a glass of guinness or something on Christmas day??? I am debating whether I will or not.:cool:

• Advertisement

I haven't bought anything either. Don't think we will until the 12 weeks are up either, first scan on jan 17th! Aaaaaaaages away!!!

Might have half a glass of wine mixed with 7up on x mad day. Not sure yet.

Silly - when did you get your letter re scan for CUMH?

I am due few days after you and am anxious to find out when I will be getting my date!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

Regular poster with an old old username I never used!
    Due the 25th of July myself too, no symptoms at all, just a bit bloated and having stretching cramps every now and again.

Regular poster with an old old username I never used!
    Due the 25th of July myself too, no symptoms at all, just a bit bloated and having stretching cramps every now and again.
    Welcome puntoseller and congrats!

March11 wrote: »
    Silly - when did you get your letter re scan for CUMH?

I am due few days after you and am anxious to find out when I will be getting my date!!!!
    Just got it this morning!
    My appointment in the dr's was last Friday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey Ladies,
    Haven't been on in a few days my laptop has been sent to china to be fixed :(
    Feeling tired, so so tired and cannot sleep, getting the weepys too, Yesterday I watched nine months and cried for 30 mins, and don't even talk to me bout ed sheeran.
    Sillly, Hope I get my scan date soon, thinking of getting a private one for reassurance

Yeah, welcome to the gang Puntoseller and congratulations on your BFP!

Oh thanks Silly, fingers crossed I get my letter soon so!!

I woke 4 times last night and had 3 loo trips and slept upside down in the bed again!!

Me boobies resemble Madonna's conical bra today, they are killing me!!

And, my letter went to my mothers house - never got around to changing my address with the dr (after 2 yrs). You could see the word "out patient" through the address window and "CUH" stamped on the envelope.
    Damn it!
    My mother saw it before I did when I went to drop my daughter down this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi everyone,

Another one due in July to add to the list. I have been following your posts the last week or so and decided to join in!

Hope everyone is doing ok, I feel pretty much 100%, just a bit sleepy in the evenings - finding it hard to stay awake after 10pm!:)

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Another one due in July to add to the list. I have been following your posts the last week or so and decided to join in!

Hope everyone is doing ok, I feel pretty much 100%, just a bit sleepy in the evenings - finding it hard to stay awake after 10pm!:)
    Hi kiwi, welcome and congrats!
    I'm the exact same as you. No sickness or anything, just tired in the evenings and site boobs too.

Saw this online - might be helpful for you girls with morning sickness...
    http://www.inhealth.ie/Preggie-Pop-Drops.aspx

Kiwi I'm the same, we found out last Sunday and I was zonked all week, feel asleep every morning and night on the bus to and from work. I spent the weekend completely relaxing and I'm feeling a millions times more alert this week, I think I'm sleeping better at night too.
    I bought crystallised ginger and ground ginger just in case I need it, but I'm not queasy at all (fingers crossed). I'm assuming I can pop them into my water bottle and just keep topping up with water, so noone will cop in work if I do get ill.
    I'm going for an early scan in 3 weeks, fingers crossed I can get my dates sorted then, mine aren't making sense right now, the CB test was giving me an extra week then I should have had, then only explanation is I must have ovulated a week early?
    which means I might be 6w+3 rather then the 5w+5 my period dates are giving.

Kiwi I'm the same, we found out last Sunday and I was zonked all week, feel asleep every morning and night on the bus to and from work. I spent the weekend completely relaxing and I'm feeling a millions times more alert this week, I think I'm sleeping better at night too.
    I bought crystallised ginger and ground ginger just in case I need it, but I'm not queasy at all (fingers crossed). I'm assuming I can pop them into my water bottle and just keep topping up with water, so noone will cop in work if I do get ill.
    I'm going for an early scan in 3 weeks, fingers crossed I can get my dates sorted then, mine aren't making sense right now, the CB test was giving me an extra week then I should have had, then only explanation is I must have ovulated a week early?
    which means I might be 6w+3 rather then the 5w+5 my period dates are giving.
    I think you add 2 weeks onto the clear blue results...
    If you put the date of the first day of your last period into a pregnancy date calculator. ( you'll find loads in google) it should give you a fairly accurate due date.

Oh yeah I know the +2 week rule, but still it dated me a week ahead of when I should have ovulated, I should have only been 1-2 (on test) 3-4 by Doc calculations, but the test said I was 2-3, 4-5 by Doc..
    If that makes sense.

Oh yeah I know the +2 week rule, but still it dated me a week ahead of when I should have ovulated, I should have only been 1-2 (on test) 3-4 by Doc calculations, but the test said I was 2-3, 4-5 by Doc..
    If that makes sense.
    Ah yeah.
    Do you know the date of the first day of your last period?

yeah that doesn't match up, the only thing I can think of I ovulated on day 7/8 rather then day 14/15, sure I'll just have to wait and see if at the scan we measure as 9 or 10 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I don't know who spread this myth about pregnancy being the most joyous time of your life but if i catch them, I am going to give them such a kick up the arse, they won't sit for a week.

I am nothing but a big nauseous ball of worry with sore boobs and an aching back. And today I have heartburn, which I have never before experienced. It's not nice at all. Where's my glow, dammit!
    Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Welcome Kiwi, and congrats! When are you due?

Silly, you said you had a 10 year old - have you told them yet?
    One of my only memories of anyone being pregnant is of my Mum when I was 3 or so, and she was showing me what the baby looked like inside her tummy and we used to go through the picture book every evening and I would put my head on belly to 'listen' to the baby :)

I think the rest of us are first timers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

+1 on the heartburn, started last night, have it again today, and I've not eaten anything different. I feckin hate heartburn. Rennies at the ready!

Welcome & congrats Kiwi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Totally agree with you Kash...I'm finding it hard to concentrate in work, i've been feeling so ill.
    Plus I've had more ugly spots on my face in the last few weeks than I did in my teenage years!

As for heartburn, I was diagnosed with gastritis in the summer and I can't take stomach tablets now so I'm just waiting on this to flare up. I always have gaviscon extra (liquid and tablets) near me. At the minute, I'm being extra good with my food, but I now that's not going to last.

Have doc appointment in the morn to (hopefully) confirm everything, but three pregnancy tests can't be wrong!

What's everyone eating these days?
    I know I'm supposed to be eating super healthy but I'm bring very bold.
    I just don't have the energy to cook a healthy meal when I get in from work so I end up having a sandwich and taytos! Or else scrambled eggs.
    Hubbie doesn't get in until 9, so I've had a rest by then to cook something for him, but that's too late for me to eat as I'd be going straight to he'd after and wouldn't sleep a wink on a full stomach.

Yeah. I have a 10 yr old, so it feels like I'm a first time mum again. I was 21 when I had her so I breezed through the pregnancy. Don't remember feeling as tired/bloated/cranky as I do now!
    I haven't told her yet! Only 2 sister's know and 2 good friends from work.
    I hate keeping it from my mom and dad, but want to wait until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

thanks for the warm welcome!

I think I will be 8 weeks on Fri, but not 100% sure as not exactly planned, but a nice suprise (once it sunk in!)

I went to my Gp 2 weeks ago and she put me down as being 10 weeks to get me in for a scan earlier so I have a date for mid dec (my hospital do first scan at 14 weeks!)

From my calculations im due mid july some time but should no more once have the scan.

First time also and really all very new to me!!!! to say the least, but luckly feel really good, maybe bit of a sore chest and not sure if just in my head really thirsty all the time. My usual sweet tooth seems to have vanished into thin air and its more salt/savoury I seem to be heading towards????

Hope ur all enjoying this cold miserable evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I ate a bag of salt and vinegar taytos today... I was craving them all day and I am seriously sick of mashed potatoes... kinda regretted it afterwards though :D

I still haven't got my date for my 3 month scan: I know I've had two already but they were just making sure everything was okay so hoping I get a date during the week.

And kash i totaly agree: I'm a big nauseus weak sore ball of misery: i haven't stopped moaning in 3 weeks. And I am getting sick of it!! I don't know who came up with the idea of glowing during pregnancy and eating for two... they were obviously never pregnant :D

Hi everyone. I'd like to join. I'm due the first week of July (not sure exactly because of irregular periods and no scans at my hospital til 20 weeks!!). I have a little girl who's nearly 8 months now. We'll have a 15 month gap between the two.

I am exhausted!!! Thank God the babby has started sleeping the night (just a couple of weeks ago - woohoo!!!) but it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my energy. I have to stay up til 10 to feed her and it's a stretch every night!!!

Here's to the second trimester when the nausea, weird food aversions and tiredness will be gone (hopefully in time for Christmas dinner - the thought of which makes me want to vomit at the moment even though I usually love it).

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Hey all, just found out that I'm expecting my first - not 100% sure when I'm due but I reckon around July 20th - have had very irregular periods so very hard to estimate when I might of ovulated! Was really nervous telling my boyfriend as this wasn't planned at all - but no need to worry he sat on the couch grinning like a chesire cat all night!! Going to my GP today any tips on what to ask about or expect!?

Morning all!

Welcome and congrats to the newbies: Kiwi2011, Cuddle and Imullen. :)

Kiwi2011 - lucky you symptom free.. :D

Kash - I find I am going between absolutely loving the ground my hubbie walks on to being very narky with the poor sod! Bit of a twilight zone at the moment in our house! God bless hormones making us hormental!!!!

Kildareach - best of luck with your appointment today.

My diet at the mo:

Morning - glass of oj, banana, yoghurt, mandarin & tea
    Mid morn - tea, crackers n cheese
    Lunch - ham salad sandwich & tea or soup & bread
    Dinner - Potatoes, varying meat & veg or lasagne & chips or brown rice & casserole or omlette or wholemeal pasta with meat & tomato sauce or a chicken noodle & veg stiry fry - I just vary between these.

I would also have a cuppa after my dinner with some choc cake, a muffin or biscuits.

I am also drinking about 2 litres of water a day and taking pregnacare plus tabs daily.

My calcium intake is poor as I don't drink milk, so I am trying to drink ovaltine with warm milk a few nights per week.

I got my letter for scan in CUMH for 18th Jan too yesterday, felt so excited when I opened it!!! Kind of made it more real!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Welcome to the new girls and congrats!
    Re: what to ask the dr??? There's not much to ask so early on. If the pregnancy isn't planned then you should start taking folic acid ASAP. This helps develop a healthy spine etc for your baby.
    Your dr will take bloods ( if it's a morning appointment) and might weigh you.
    Ask you dr about any foods you are not sure about eating. Home made Mayonnaise and shell fish are definite no no's.

My diet these days are

Morning : 2 weetabix with banana and milk
    Lunch: hummus and crackers/ rice cakes or brown bread, cheese and relish or wrap with meat and peppers cheese lettuce etc. or tuna and rivitas/rice cakes. Have tea and a yoghurt each day too.
    Dinner : too tired to cook!!!!
    So usually have tea with scrambled eggs and toast/beans
    Or cheese sandwich and taytos
    Or tea brown bread and jam.

Really need to get my ass in gear re dinner.

Advertisement