Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Mink wrote: »
    I've bought a coccyx cushion on line today. I don't know if anyone else gets this but my tailbone gets unbelievably sore sitting in work, even after the first hour. It's making me sit weird to avoid the pain.

I seriously thought that was just me, i'm getting that all the time!

I work from home though, so I can pad my derriere without any shame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I wish that baby fair in RDS had've been on during none working hours, grr!

I've bought a coccyx cushion on line today. I don't know if anyone else gets this but my tailbone gets unbelievably sore sitting in work, even after the first hour. It's making me sit weird to avoid the pain. Plus I have a cyst at the end of my tailbone (called a pilonidal sinus) and that gets aggravated by all the pressure.

Everyone in work is going to laugh at my arse cushion! Plus I swap desks halfway through day so I have to schlep through the office with my arse cushion in tow :rolleyes:
    Oh god, the joys of pregnancy!!
    Poor you!

I'm in a bit of pain today. My sides feel like I was doing sit ups in the gym all night.
    And I am getting very bad cramps at the bottom of my bump, I can hardly sit up straight, i'm sitting back on my chair, but I can't really reach the computer, and I have sooooooo much **** to do today.
    Even the constant kicking and moving around is hurting me!
    Please stop hurting mammy baby!!!

Oh hubby felt kicks again last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

First ante natal class today...don't know what to expect.

No pain in coccyx, but my pubic pain is starting to get sore. Whatever I turn in bed at night it can really lift me out of it. Might go doc next week, when I'm off :)

So jealous that some of your OH's can feel kicks. I've been getting really strong ones on the inside but he can feel nothing. A couple of times we've felt something hard at the top side of the bump, like a heel or an elbow or something. He was delighted to be able to feel that. He's also started poking baby now so it starts to go mad inside me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Do you work weekends Mink?

No, I'm just thick in the head. I thought that fair was 14th & 15th March (ie; today - mid week). Don't mind me:o

It's April, duh! Definitely going to go & check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

No, I'm just thick in the head. I thought that fair was 14th & 15th March (ie; today - mid week). Don't mind me:o

Baby brain Mink :) I have my own moments everyday so don't worry about it...at least you know you can go now ;)

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »
    Oh god, the joys of pregnancy!!
    Poor you!

I'm in a bit of pain today. My sides feel like I was doing sit ups in the gym all night.
    And I am getting very bad cramps at the bottom of my bump, I can hardly sit up straight, i'm sitting back on my chair, but I can't really reach the computer, and I have sooooooo much **** to do today.
    Even the constant kicking and moving around is hurting me!
    Please stop hurting mammy baby!!!

Oh hubby felt kicks again last night.

I've been getting those cramps too. Sometimes they kinda scare me but they go away again & baby moving around fine. Says in the What to Expect book that this is normal to get.

A lot of the kicks I'm feeling are quite far down, ie; just above my pubic bone. Once in a while I'll get one nearer my belly button. It makes me wonder is baby standing up in there and jogging on the spot on my pubic bone.

Can't wait for my big scan next Wednesday!!

kildareash wrote: »
    First ante natal class today...don't know what to expect.

No pain in coccyx, but my pubic pain is starting to get sore. Whatever I turn in bed at night it can really lift me out of it. Might go doc next week, when I'm off :)

So jealous that some of your OH's can feel kicks. I've been getting really strong ones on the inside but he can feel nothing. A couple of times we've felt something hard at the top side of the bump, like a heel or an elbow or something. He was delighted to be able to feel that. He's also started poking baby now so it starts to go mad inside me!

My What to Expect app says usually dads can't feel the kicks until nearer 28 weeks. Not my experience but I'd say the norm is later in 2nd trimester

I'm hoping to go to the cork one.

My kicks are really low down too, and feel very much on the inside, as if babs is hopping up and down (ususally on my bladder). She did a really strong one yesterday, completely caught me by surprise and made me go OOOF really loud :) Hubby had his hand on my belly at the time, and felt nothing, so I think he'll be waiting a while longer.

He's sad though, because he'll be going to Budapest on Monday for 4 weeks, so he's really worried he'll be missing all the fun. I don't think he realises that what he'll miss is me going crazy buying baby stuff when he isn't around to keep me in check :D

He was super sweet yesterday though, brought me home my favourite takeaway, and when I asked why, he said that he had been chatting to a few women at work, and they had each told him that being pregnant is really hard work, sore and uncomfortable and exhausting, and not the wonderful experience that people make it out to be. And so he thought I deserved a treat. It was super sweet.

• Advertisement

Love it, really classy, but with a touch of funkiness to it.
    The back really sets it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My hubbie hasn't felt any kicks yet: he thought he felt one the last day but it was just my tummy rumbling! God i thought it was hillarious though!

Tinkerbell i really like that dress!

I have constant cramps down low: but also in my side: babs had kinda moved more to the right hand side now: and thats where I pulled all the muscles with vomiting: fecking hurts when i feel my little kicks!

Tonights chipper night in my house: curry cheese chips and a chicken fillet burger I've been dreaming about it since last night (quite literally. Yes I have taken to dreaming about eating!)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

We have baby girl: D
    Alice Rose :)

I had a scan today in hospital; little one was moving like a mad :)

We are so happy that everything is fine and hubby is over the moon that he will have his little princess :)

Saurelin wrote: »

We are so happy that everything is fine and hubby is over the moon that he will have his little princess :)

Woo hoo!!!! Just updated list there. Estrogen heavy so it is!

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

I pity those boys in a few years time, looks like there is going to be more girls than boys (well in our small survey anyway!). Maybe the rest of it are going to balance it out.

Just back from ante natal class...the pelvic exercises we're good. Back definately feels a whole lot better after doing them. Definately going to get one of those gym ball tho.

Oh congrats on the scan saurelin, you must b so relieved to see baby doing well. Congrats on the little princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats Saurelin, fantastic news & beautiful name! My OH is calling ours "daddy's little girl" already... she's gonna have him wrapped around her little finger & bleed him dry, he won't have a cent ;)

Saurelin wrote: »

Congrats!
    Girls are winning!

I scanned pictures from today

mammys+girl.jpg

daddys%2Bgirl.jpg

edit: edit of pictures

• Advertisement

Cute little foot in the first one. Awww!!

Mink she will have mammy's feet :D big ;-)
    and daddy's face expression - my hubby has a picture with exactly the same face as Alice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Saurelin - Congratulations - you must be thrilled, glad all went well & Alice Rose is a beautiful name... The girl to boy ratio is creeping back up!

Tinkerbell - love the dress!

Congrats Saurelin! Another girl!

I bought little small baby things today: I got the most gorgeous hungry caterpillar little vest and onesie and socks and hat: and loads of neutral vests and things they sooo small: And the little scratch mitts!The scratch mitts got to me more than anything they were tiny!

Guineys had a sale on baby towels and cellular blankets aswell: might be worth a look if anyone has one near them.

I must wash them all now tomorrow and pack them in a little bag: just did a shop online and ordered nappies and disposable changing matts and vaseline and baby washing stuff too. So just must sort myself out and i have the majority of a hospital bag together just in case!

Neither dunnes, pennys or guineys had newborn socks today so must get them still actually!

My first baby items so so cute :)

What size baby clothes are ye getting?

I was looking at newborn at the weekend and it said up 7.5lbs. I was just going to get 0-3mths, thought they'd be more value for money.

I've got a combination of newborn and 0-3... Mainly 0-3 though. But for socks I want to have both: socks are difficult enough to keep on babies feet!!

only few newborn and most 0-3

Oh yeah, that's a good idea about the socks. Never thought of that.

Will wait till I get paid at the end of the month and then start making me way though ye list of things to get.

Have to work for a few hours Saturday and Sunday, but then I'm off next week. Can't wait to turn off the alarm tomorrow night. OH is away for the weekend so I can sprawl across the bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`m a bit scared to buy stuff now since I haven`t bought anythin yet....think i`ll wait till 24 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Cyning, can I ask where you got the hungary caterpillar stuff, really want some and have been keeping an eye out but haven't seen any anywhere, thanks

Advertisement