Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    silly wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »
    Just realised, this time 4 months i Will either be a Mammy or 1 day over due!
    Hopefully a Mammy but omg where is the time going.
    It's crazy how fast things are going alright. I'm already looking forward to baby's first Christmas!!

And Halloween! Even though i have a wedding that day my mam Will bring her trick or treating with my 6 and 7 year old brother and sister!
    Awww!! There are always loads of cute baby Halloween outfits available.

Called to my friend the other day, she has a little six week old. She got that tummy tub, she swears by it! Def getting one!

Can anyone recommend a good baby sling? There's a local event on here every August, I'm hoping not to bring a buggy as its in a field, baby will be 4 weeks, so hoping to put him/her into a sling for the day, so any recommendations would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Just catching up on the thread, glad to hear all the bumps and kicks are happening. We went away for a 2 day break out the Wesht, it was so nice to just get away, ate a collossal amount of food though and I'm up 2lbs again this week, eek!

Feeling baby kick every few hours, usually when stop moving and eat something. I'm feeling some kicks from outside but OH never gets his hand on belly fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Can anyone recommend a good baby sling? There's a local event on here every August, I'm hoping not to bring a buggy as its in a field, baby will be 4 weeks, so hoping to put him/her into a sling for the day, so any recommendations would be appreciated!

Do a you tube search for "moby wrap" I can't remember how I came across this idea but I think I like it! I will be practicing with a sack of spuds or something first first though!

Do a you tube search for "moby wrap" I can't remember how I came across this idea but I think I like it! I will be practicing with a sack of spuds or something first first though!
    Cheers, just being doing some research and I'm liking the look of the baba sling.
    Must do more research though.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi ladies, how was your weekend?

I spend most of time in kitchen, cooking like a mad, at least hubby is happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mine was good! Went mad baking yesterday and have now stuffed myself with Banana muffins and cheese scones......

Went for a good walk today and have really bad pain in the groin muscles, who would have thought a walk to be so strenuous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I had a very chilled weekend - it was great!

I bought a Tummy Tub (which really is just a bucket, but i love it). The only problem is that I think we got a boxed up ex-display model of the stool thingy, as the two sides are damaged. So, we'll return it.

We went to a friends birthday party, where I demonstrated my baby brain continuously, I said some of the stupidest things! I drove home, and hubby even complemented me on my driving so i was well chuffed - I got my license not long back, and he's been in the driving seat for over 10 years, so he's usually a nervous passenger.

And then I spent the rest of the weekend playing computer games and eatcing junk food - it was pure bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My weekend was so lovely untill last night when I started bleeding again. Theyre giving me injections for babs lungs just in case I go into labour early: totally scared ****less.

They listened to my babs heartbeat last night and there scanning me later again to see where bleeding coming from.

So when I get out I'm going buying stuff for hospital bag: just in case.

Totally exhausted by the stress of it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Cyning, you're having such a rough time, poor thing. Thinking of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww Cyning, sorry your having such a hard time,
    i hope everything turns out great and it was just another reasonless bleed as before.
    keep us posted , thinking of you today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thinking of you Cyning,
    You have had such a rough ride I'm not surprised your scared! If you can & are happy to...send someone else out for your bag supplies so you don't have to be hauling yourself around the shops.
    I have my fingers crossed for you and your little one :)

Sorry to hear that cyning!
    Like the other girls have said, hopefully it's not very serious. Take care xx

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Thinking of you cyning, hope it is nothing serious!

Thinking of you too Cyning, you've had such a rough time of it, but I know this story will have a happy ending. Please don't overstrain yourself - send someone to the shops with a list. Hugs xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Poor u cyning! Don't know wat to say because of course your going to worry but I'm sure everything will be fine. Xx hugsxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I hope they're taking good care of you in there Cyning. All our thoughts are with you

Thanks girls it means alot x

I had a scan so that was normal: I have some cervical erosion but they aren't sure if thats where the bleeding is coming from. They think it might be but can't give me a definitive reason: definately no sex and have to be careful not to get overly constipated (which luckily isn't a prob at the moment!). And the risk of preterm labour is a bit higher.

So babs is okay so aside from that I just don't care: they gave me pethidine last night so that calmed me down (in terms of thyroid and tachycardia and babs too) so got four hours of straight sleep: for the first time in over three weeks.

Babs lungs will be developing away now too which is a relief. So scary but a relief too if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww Cyning, that is good news !!
    I think there's just some women who bleed for no reason. The scare you must of got you poor thing!!

They're doing a bit on maternity bras on exposé now...

So glad the scan was normal :) take it super easy & fingers crossed the bleeding will ease off! It's good that they are developing your little ones lungs just in case...better to take all the precautions you can just in case.
    More HP marathons for you :)
    I am pretty sure pineapple should help prevent constipation...(TMI Warning) having your feet on a step while on the toilet so that you are positioned kinda like you are sitting on a bucket will make pooing far easier esp if you have a touch of constipation (tip from our antenatal physio) & it is true although I just put my feet on tippietoes so that knees are raised :)

• Advertisement

Cyning I have my fingers crossed for you.

I had hard day at work, first office fridge broke, then printer eats paper and I had to fix it. It is a big printer and it was really hard to bend over and over again. Afterwards I had so much emails and queries from my colleagues from other countries that I didn't remember about lunch and at 2.30 I was so hungry that I almost fainted.

It is good to be back home.

Oh I almost forgot. We get a pram – I know it is early, but price was great, we love it and my hubby is happy starts panicking that only 19 weeks to go and we have nothing done.

We get mother care my4, green apple colour.
    The carrycot is changing into stroller and you can fit maxi cosy without adaptors.

Think I might have a Twilight marathon now!

Ya I'm glad they are taking precautions just in case!

Saurelin would you have cereal bars or flapjacks or something at your desk just in case? I know how hard it can be to get to lunch when its busy but at least that way you and babs wouldn't be going hungry?

Cyning I had bars and muffin and banana but I didn't remember about eating :/

I set alarm at my phone for tomorrow - just in case ;-)

+1 for a Twilight Marathon, I just got the latest movie yesterday.
    Of course, hubby hates it, but he indulges me.

He is deperate to feel the baby kick, but either he's not fast enough, or she doesn't kick strongly enough for him to feel it, so he's a bit disappointed.

I felt so dizzy yesterday, and my heart rate is really high. But the doctor said it is normal, so I guess I just have to trust him. Today, all I want to do is go back to bed!

Kash wrote: »
    +1 for a Twilight Marathon, I just got the latest movie yesterday.
    Of course, hubby hates it, but he indulges me.

He is deperate to feel the baby kick, but either he's not fast enough, or she doesn't kick strongly enough for him to feel it, so he's a bit disappointed.

I felt so dizzy yesterday, and my heart rate is really high. But the doctor said it is normal, so I guess I just have to trust him. Today, all I want to do is go back to bed!
    Kash i feel tired today as well.

I bought a Tummy Tub (which really is just a bucket, but i love it). The only problem is that I think we got a boxed up ex-display model of the stool thingy, as the two sides are damaged. So, we'll return.
    I am definatley getting one of these too. Well, my mom said she'll get it as a gift for baby. Called to my friend last week with a new born and she thinks it's great.

silly wrote: »

I bought a Tummy Tub (which really is just a bucket, but i love it). The only problem is that I think we got a boxed up ex-display model of the stool thingy, as the two sides are damaged. So, we'll return.
    I am definatley getting one of these too. Well, my mom said she'll get it as a gift for baby. Called to my friend last week with a new born and she thinks it's great.

We are too, well friends are buying it for us...I think they like that they are buying a bucket :) two cousins have used them & the babies loved them!
    Does anyone know whether the stand/stool is worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Is anyone else crazy hot all the time?? I can't sleep I'm so warm,everyone else does be freezing in the house and telling me to light the fire but I'm too hot!! Ds3 does be sweating when he comes into is in bed coz he's lying beside me,and im there wide awake with no blankets on and can't sleep with the heat

I'm really not sure about the tummy tub: its a bucket!! I know anyone who got one awears by them: but I just don't know!

Tinkerbell I am roasting these days: roasting! I'm wearing clothes I'd normally wear during the summer on a hot day these days: well the ones that fit anyway!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    I'm really not sure about the tummy tub: its a bucket!! I know anyone who got one awears by them: but I just

I called into my friend on Friday, she has a new born, she tried a normal bath and baby did not like, so she got the tummy tub and she swears by it!
    I know it's like a bucket but it's shape is to simulate the shape of the womb, so baby is very familiar with the shape. They use their arms and legs to touch the sides of the tub which helps with strengthening their bones etc, it's supposed to help with colic and constipation. The water is to go up to their shoulders as it reminds them of being surrounded by the amniotic fluid.

Because of the shape it calms baby down and they sleep better also.

I like the idea of it anyway!

Advertisement