Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My bump only started in the last week or two: so about 20 weeks! I'm loving it now :) The81gder your a few weeks behind me so u bet you another fortnight and you won't know yourself!!

Hubbie just told me we were either going to doc now or go to bed so I'm gone to bed: I genuinely amnt any worse then I normally am just breathless: think he's afraid I'm going to pass out in stairs going up and down to loo! Driving me loopy though!

Did anyone get a dream genii pillow? Trying to decide wether to get one or not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

trions wrote: »
    Hi all,

Mamaheidi - congratulations!!! you must be so excited...

All good with me, was at GP this morn and thank goodness everything is fine, everytime she found the heart beat the baby moved so she kept losing it again - think he/she was playing hide and seek with her...

On the eternity ring - my hubby was looking them up online and we picked out the type of one I'd like but we are going to hold off buying for a while, we have to move house before baby arrives so we have an expensive few months ahead...

On mothers day - not expecting anything, hubby is very superstitious - we have not bought a single baby thing yet, he is so nervous something will go wrong, we have our amonoly scan the week after next - hopefully if all goes well it will put his mind at ease so I can finally buy baby things...

Javagal - you have a lovely bump - def bigger than last pic, it's lovely and neat. I'm just over 20 weeks and bump has def moved up too - feeling the baby moving about a lot more the last few days :)

on boobs - no leaking yet, but am getting way bigger, my only prob is one is way bigger than the other :confused: just hoping lefty catches up soon!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and is feeling well.....
    Lefty boob is the winner in my house, poor righty can't keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    Lefty boob is the winner in my house, poor righty can't keep up!
    it's righty in my house! But righty has always been bigger...

Got a massive package from new look today! Whoo hoo, got loads of stuff, all sale items and they all fit lovely! I'm a big 12, but I think maternity wear in new look is big so 12 fit me perfect. Got a lovely long black dress for a wedding in a few weeks, fits lovely except a bit big under the arms which I will fix myself.

Anybody mad for their oh lately? I find myself dying to snog the face off him all the time lately. I just want lots of hugs and kisses all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

silly wrote: »

Anybody mad for their oh lately? I find myself dying to snog the face off him all the time lately. I just want lots of hugs and kisses all the time.

I'm this same most of time, but my hubby is quite distance - hugs ok but kissing and other staff not really, he is so concern that he will harm baby that I think next time I will have sex during xmas time :/

I think my oh is a total fox but we haven't done it in a while cause we've both been sick , but now Zoey is so active, it'll put me off sex thinking she might kick eh during

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

cyning wrote: »
    Did anyone get a dream genii pillow? Trying to decide wether to get one or not :)

My hubby bought the Dream Genii pillow for me - but now calls it 'the cock-blocker' :D

It is handy for stopping me from rolling over on my back while I sleep though!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I`ve got a proper bump in the last week, Silly show me yours and I can compare!?!?!
    Anyone having a proper sex life?? Only had sex 3 times since October :eek: I had more action when I was single!
    Went to a bringandbuy event in Galway city y/day and bought a baby harness holder thingy for €10, Icandy Buggy with pram €150 and a car seat from 6mths for €30. Fantastic value and really well kept stuff.
    We bought a load of baby wool afterwards in town and mother-in-law has been busy knitting since. Some really cute stuff out there if I was any good it`d be great.
    Ive asked her to have a word with hubby when I`m working tomorrow about him getting a job, fingers crossed ;)

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`ve got a proper bump in the last week, Silly show me yours and I can compare!?!?!
    Anyone having a proper sex life?? Only had sex 3 times since October :eek: I had more action when I was single!
    Went to a bringandbuy event in Galway city y/day and bought a baby harness holder thingy for €10, Icandy Buggy with pram €150 and a car seat from 6mths for €30. Fantastic value and really well kept stuff.
    We bought a load of baby wool afterwards in town and mother-in-law has been busy knitting since. Some really cute stuff out there if I was any good it`d be great.
    Ive asked her to have a word with hubby when I`m working tomorrow about him getting a job, fingers crossed ;)
    Sounds like great deals fri.day!! Fingers crossed with hubby getting a job.
    I'll try and post a pic, that shutterfly was crap on my phone, have downloaded instragram now I think it might be better for pics. I'll check tomorrow when I'm at work as there is wifi there.

Hubby felt first kick tonight, I was more excited than him. He was more distracted watching a cow on the camera... He's gone off now up to her to help her give birth. Despite pulling calves out from jan to may he is dreading the labour ward!

At least I can get comfy now while he's gone , sleep like a star fish!!

The sister in law finally gave birth to a 7 lb 5 baby boy, no pain relief , she is my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

No pain relief! Fair play to her. Does he have a name yet? We're still thinking of names and sort of had the boys names listed because I was so convinced I was having a boy. We're testing out a name now since yesterday and hoping it will stick :) My mam is already badgering me for info on the name! I told her it won't be released till the first official photo :D Though, knowing me, I'll crack before then!

• Advertisement

Definitely not proper! Probably only about once or twice a week - I only seem to be in the mood during the day, I'm too tired in the evening. So, it's mainly a weekend thing! It is ridiculously funny trying to find positions that work :)
    The sister in law finally gave birth to a 7 lb 5 baby boy, no pain relief , she is my hero!

Congrats Auntie Java! Kudos to your SIL!
    mamaheidi wrote: »
    We're testing out a name now since yesterday and hoping it will stick :) My mam is already badgering me for info on the name! I told her it won't be released till the first official photo :D Though, knowing me, I'll crack before then!

We're telling people if they ask, we both love it, so I don't think anyone else could ruin it for us at this stage.

I am having a great day so far - I slept really well last night for the first time in weeks, and have no headache or neckpain, which I've been plagued with for the last week or so. So, yay!

That's great Kash! Hope the pain free days continue.

Congrats aunty Java!

Sex life....it has gone down hill but it's not mainly due to pregnancy, hubby working all the hours god gives these days so he's knackered too.we do it maybe 1-2 times every fortnight.

mamaheidi wrote: »
    No pain relief! Fair play to her. Does he have a name yet? We're still thinking of names and sort of had the boys names listed because I was so convinced I was having a boy. We're testing out a name now since yesterday and hoping it will stick :) My mam is already badgering me for info on the name! I told her it won't be released till the first official photo :D Though, knowing me, I'll crack before then!

He is handsome baby Ollie!! I am sooo excited just lookingg at pics of him!! he better protect my lil lady growing up.

My sex life is atrocious, probably proper sex once a week,then just other stuff.Sex was kinda ruined for me after I had bleeding..
    Poor OH>

He is handsome baby Ollie!! I am sooo excited just lookingg at pics of him!! he better protect my lil lady growing up.
    cool name! That was the one I wanted should I have a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We've done it once since found out I was preg :eek: and it was so awkward as both not wanting to do "damage". My cervix easily gets knocked around during sex at the best of times and there's a slight chance my placenta is low down.

Anyway I definitely have been thinking OH is foxier than usual over past couple of months :D he also lost some weight as he started running in the new year. But he's been really put off sex due to baby. Normally we're a few times a week couple as long as schedule not too crazy.

I think I may invest in one of those Dream Genie pillows too. OH was snoring up a storm last night and I threw a proper tantrum in the bed, thrashing around like a 3 yr old - he didn't even wake up grrrr!

I also need to stop rolling on my back. When I'm on my back I can feel my pulse go really strong through my whole abdomen, it can't be good for long periods of time!

I've realised that I now can no longer see my nether regions. Bump is too much in the way. It's not that I want to be gazing down there or anything :p but it's a bit unnerving!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Sex has been ok with us! Wasn't great the first few weeks I found out I was pregnant as I was wrecked and felt nauseous most evenings. Has picked up a good bit since though.

Congrats to your SIL Javagirl!

I told my mum a girls name that I liked and she didn't like it but at the end of the day it's myself and the OH who make the decision. My mum likes to try and take over a bit!!

Ollie`s cool.
    I`m now 99.9% on Benjamin, and i`m not that precious about it being shortened.
    Am I the only one with a boy?
    Brought my 2 kittens for the snip lately and turns out the boy is a girl so 2 girl kittens, I was in shock for 2 hours after, hopefully that doesn`t happen with my boy, it`d take some adjusting in my head....:p

Ollie`s cool.
    I`m now 99.9% on Benjamin, and i`m not that precious about it being shortened.
    Am I the only one with a boy?
    Brought my 2 kittens for the snip lately and turns out the boy is a girl so 2 girl kittens, I was in shock for 2 hours after, hopefully that doesn`t happen with my boy, it`d take some adjusting in my head....:p
    Fri.day I posted my (almost) 21 week rum onto my shutterfly account.
    I don't really know how to use shutterfly but I hope it worked.
    I think it's something like www.shutterfly.lucey101 or something like that. I'm wearing a spotty top in the most recent one and my oh my how my ass has grown!

I've had sex once since I got pregnant (actually since the night babs happened!): was too sick for ages then I finally felt well enough and my doc sat me and my hubbie down and told us ""no intercourse." Alot. Like that bleeding for me ruined it anyway! Which sucks I might add... roll on after babs gets here!

I think I felt my first proper kick last night :D had hand on my belly and all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Any of you that know the sex - was it a public appointment or did you go privately? Hoping they will tell me at my next scan, seems silly to pay so much if they will tell me anyway.

• Advertisement

theg81der wrote: »
    Any of you that know the sex - was it a public appointment or did you go privately? Hoping they will tell me at my next scan, seems silly to pay so much if they will tell me anyway.
    I think they would tell you at your scan if they can see it clearly. I don't see why they wouldn't .

They were telling me at my public scan except baby was positioned awkwardly and would not move... can't see why they wouldn't tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Had to go for a private scan as my obs will NOT tell the gender. Learned my lesson asking on ds4!
    Also cause I was scanned at 13w and he didn't want to see me till I'm 30w

theg81der wrote: »

Yep, my scan yesterday was a public scan. The midwife had no problem telling us. But before it I was thinking the same as you are now - wondering if they would tell us. Also, I drank a bottle of lucozade before it so she was kicking around. I've heard it gets the baby moving about and easier to tell the sex - dunno if that was the reason but she was moving around a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Hello all,
    I've been lurking for a little while and have tried to read most of the posts so far but decided it was about time I posted myself :) I hope I'm welcome at the half way point!
    I am due on July 15th, it's our first and is suspected to be a girl (she wasn't being totally helpful during the scan) !
    So far things have gone pretty smoothly for me (touching wood) & I have a right little kicker inside me who has discovered that my bladder works as a great pillow (not great for me) but love being able to feel her kicking/boxing away :)

Ya I`m public too and also had the Lucozade before I went in to get him up and dancing! For my 15 weeks scan he had his back turned so if it was the same at 20 weeks we wouldn`t have had any info
    Hadn`t drank it in years but it was worth it..
    The sonographer went through everything, head measurements, belly size, 4 chambers in the heart etc and never once brought up the question of sex.
    I was getting a little downhearted so just spoke up and asked was it a pink/blue one.
    She said they never offer til asked so as we asked she went straight to the area and pointed out the penis.
    :D

Congrats twomums2be! Added you to the list. Yet another little July lady, where are all the little July boys!?

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Tinkerbell79 - ????
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Welcome TwoMums! The more the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I was getting a little downhearted so just spoke up and asked was it a pink/blue one.
    She said they never offer til asked so as we asked she went straight to the area and pointed out the penis.
    :D

Yeah I think you def need to ask :) ours had her legs crossed & was doing a little jig but wasnt showing anything so he looked at her from a bum up angle...3 lines lean towards a girl (labia) & a little circle leans towards a boy (scrotum) :) There was 3 lines & no circle so he is leaning towards girl but will check again next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Yep mine has 3 very visible lines

Advertisement