Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Yay mink delighted for you girl! This is such an awesome time of pregnancy, i.m really enjoying it!dont think i have ever been happier,
    my poor sister is law still hasn't had her baby, 4 days over due and baby isnt even engaged. She got a sweep today and no induction date till the 10th,
    gonna drop her up my gym ball and tell her not to get off it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

silly wrote: »
    I'm not telling anyone my names. I don't want to get that "look" god know's I've given the "look" to hubby enough since we started talking names. Stuck on boys name.

I'm not telling anyone any names either. Well I might cave and tell you lot some but you'll be under strict instructions not to comment on them :D

I had a girl's name that we both really liked for ages and I said it to me sister and she immediately said "oh I don't like that at all" and it put me right off it. Now in fairness I shouldn't be bothered but for some reason it ruined it for me. So we are just going to tell people the baby's name when they're born!

I've loads of girls names and only one boy's name, I'm really stuck on boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    Yay mink delighted for you girl! This is such an awesome time of pregnancy, i.m really enjoying it!dont think i have ever been happier,
    my poor sister is law still hasn't had her baby, 4 days over due and baby isnt even engaged. She got a sweep today and no induction date till the 10th,
    gonna drop her up my gym ball and tell her not to get off it

Oh no, your poor sis-in-law...I keep telling baby it needs to come a few days early. I'm a terrible mum-to-be! But August is really, really hectic for us now, we might even be travelling to England for a few days so I need as much time to adjust as possible!

OH's sis is moving to states in a couple of weeks, so we might (if we can save enough!) go out to see her later in the year. Imagine our baby could have made two over seas trips in its first few months!

I also realised yesterday, that I'll be off for the Olympics. Great excuse to put my feet up, will have to organise visitors around the big events tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

kildareash wrote: »

I also realised yesterday, that I'll be off for the Olympics. Great excuse to put my feet up, will have to organise visitors around the big events tho!
    can't wait for my favourite - the gymnastics!

Mink wrote: »
    I'm not telling anyone any names either. Well I might cave and tell you lot some but you'll be under strict instructions not to comment on them :D

I had a girl's name that we both really liked for ages and I said it to me sister and she immediately said "oh I don't like that at all" and it put me right off it. Now in fairness I shouldn't be bothered but for some reason it ruined it for me. So we are just going to tell people the baby's name when they're born!

I've loads of girls names and only one boy's name, I'm really stuck on boys!

I've the opposite problem...suggested a girls name to OH at the very start and he really liked it, told his mother, who has told everyone. Apparently everyone likes the name now except me...I've really gone off it.
    Boys name was easy...he wanted his dad's name as first name and my dad's name is similar to OH's (their different variations of the same name, if you get my meaning) and I think it was also OH's grandad's name that he was really close too, so that will be the middle name.

He also wants to give the baby (boy or girl) my surname as a third middle name, he wants to kinda keep it for heritage but we don't want a double barrell as we will get married in a couple of years.

• Advertisement

Just booked a private antenatal class for June. Another thing off the list! Tick!

I am making low fat diabetic strawberry cheesecake for my sis in law...

Nom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

I've had a good few small kicks for the last week or so aswell as fluttering,usually while i,m relaxing in evening, babs is kicking at my waistband (its not even tight against me yet) lookin 4 more room already!!!
    my ankles have been a bit itchy from time to time but today they wer really bad and hot aswell now they look slightly swollen has anyone else had this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Yea girls what with this being itchy? Driving me nutty, tearing the legs of myself!

theg81der wrote: »
    Yea girls what with this being itchy? Driving me nutty, tearing the legs of myself![/Quote
    god me too! Nothing like a good scratch in bed

• Advertisement

glad I'm not the only 1 never had this on the others, it was driving me mad today in work!!! just put lots of cream on a min ago and its calmed them thank god...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Itchiness has massively calmed down for me in the last week: except my ears and face! I had the legs torn off of myself: use calomine on my legs in the end and that helped and moisturise three or four times a day (which i can only do cuz i sit on my arse all day doing nothing but resting!!).

Tinkerbell my ankles aren't swollen but my fingers are. Its seriously irritating (not least because I had to take my wedding and engagement rings off)!

Melted a mint crisp bar and dipped rasberries and blackberries in it earlier: seriously yummy :D i can honestly say i haven't enjoyed anything as much since I got pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'm pretty sure I was able to feel a tiny kick on the outside this morning! Was lyin in bed with hands on belly and felt the kick inside but felt it on my hand too. Happened twice in a row. Does anyone know if it's too early to feel on outside, I'm 19 weeks today, might have been imagining it but I don't normally feel prods from belly from anything else!

Ok another question, and a little TMI so don't read if having your brekkie, but I think I may be producing a small bit of colostrum already. I noticed some thick white stuff sort of clogging the ducts on my nipples. Freaked me out to be honest as thought it might be an infection but I've no pain or anything.

Hey ladies, is anyone else really struggling with their hormones?

I just feel like I have no control over my emotions and it's really frustrating me.

Take last night for example...himself was out with friends and I was with family. Got back to town about 1.30am and rang to see if he wanted me to join them and then have a lift home.
    He was out with a couple of the lads, not a big "boys night out" or anything, just a few sociables.
    And when he said go on home, it was like someone flicked a switch in me. I felt rejected and unwanted...totally unreasonable. But I got so worked up I couldn't sleep last night.

All day today, I'm seconds away from crying! I feel like I'm cracking up.

Awww kildareash, you poor thing, your oh probably doesn't know he upset you, if I were you I would tell him that it upset you. Just saying it out loud to him will make you feel 100% better, even when ye both know that it's all down to the hormones. I tell hubby everything, even the silly things and he tells me I'm crazy, which I'm aware if, but then at least he knows what ticks the crazy hormonal button in me.

Yesterday he came home for supper, said one of his cows has twins. I was like aww, we're they boys or girls, and he just mumbled that it didn't matter, I was rightly ticked off. I always ask him if his cows had boys or girls, and I thought, like I know it doesn't make any difference what she had, but no need to be like that about it.
    I said it to him later that night and it turned out the calves were still born. I felt so bad, and so sorry for him cos he gets really down when he loses a calf.

I felt my first kick outside at 19 weeks. I'm 20+3 now and I haven't felt it much since, once on thur night I think.

Hey ladies, is anyone else really struggling with their hormones?

I just feel like I have no control over my emotions and it's really frustrating me.

Take last night for example...himself was out with friends and I was with family. Got back to town about 1.30am and rang to see if he wanted me to join them and then have a lift home.
    He was out with a couple of the lads, not a big "boys night out" or anything, just a few sociables.
    And when he said go on home, it was like someone flicked a switch in me. I felt rejected and unwanted...totally unreasonable. But I got so worked up I couldn't sleep last night.

All day today, I'm seconds away from crying! I feel like I'm cracking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kildareash I had similar a good few times.
    Hubby almost had heart attack when I started crying cos he eat last pink lady apple.

I bought today few tops in mother and care (5 e each)
    I love sale: D

Sorry for double post, computer said first one didn't work!

Thanks girls, feel reassured now that I'm not a psycho. I told him this morn how he felt, I knew he didn't have a clue, he was just enjoying the night.
    Normally, I wldnt even want to go out when there was no other girls out, so I think it didn't even enter his head.
    God love the men, we shld come with a manual...with a few chapters dedicated to pregnancy hormones!

I think I cld feel a little hand or elbow trying to escape through my side today. I was getting this really sharp poking sensation, but you could really feel this hard lump under the skin.
    You can almost feel the intensity of the movements getting stronger. I said today its either a boy or a very muscly girl inside :)

Had this yesterday too. Fiances brother drove them to work and on the way home his brother stopped into the pub for dinner and a pint , i had made him a cheese cake and bought in beer and went to bed in a huff at 8pm !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Anyone elses a$$ turn to cottage cheese!:mad:?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Feeling bigger kicks lately myself, even hubby felt some and I`m almost to 21 weeks.
    Kildareash had the same wed driving into town and there was a sad song on and I was in tears in seconds, luckily enough I had copped on by the time I parked up...
    And yes to cottage cheese A$$ :(
    Mother-in-law up for a few days visit so we`re going baby stuff shopping tomorrow... yippee
    My own mother is completely indifferent to her first grandson, and any issues or questions Ive been having have been met with "you`re not the first person to have one" Makes me mad everytime
    I haven`t a clue and MIL has been great - I didn`t even know how to dress a baby!! :o

Oh god I'm an emotional wreck these days too: I keep laughing or crying incessently at the oddest things :p I feel like a psycho!

My ass has totally disappeared: and it isn't coming back!

I'm so jealous of all the kicks: I'm 22 weeks and still only get little baby flutters if they can even be called that: they are so weak: I was reading something earlier that said I should be feeling baby up to ten times a day: i feel babs every second day if I'm lucky!

cyning wrote: »
    Oh god I'm an emotional wreck these days too: I keep laughing or crying incessently at the oddest things :p I feel like a psycho!

My ass has totally disappeared: and it isn't coming back!

I'm so jealous of all the kicks: I'm 22 weeks and still only get little baby flutters if they can even be called that: they are so weak: I was reading something earlier that said I should be feeling baby up to ten times a day: i feel babs every second day if I'm lucky!

Sometimes my lady is like this too. Total lunatic all today but other days she plays the quiet princess and i bearly feel her.

And Everywhere has gone cottage cheese for me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Kildareash I'm exactly the same, I don't even need anything to set me off though, just feeling like my emotions want to vomit all the time! Very hard to explain to boyfriend and others, though I'm noticing the feelings also feel a bit inorganic to me, if that makes sense? If anyone has any tips for getting over it I promise to love ye forever!

Anyone else getting dizzy spells by the way? I woke up this morning and the world was spinning as if I was drunk, it was mildly entertaining to say the least...

No tips I'm afraid: i got breakfast in bed this morning and started to bawl: you'd swear we'd had a massive fight.... not that he was being really nice :rolleyes:

I have no doctor appt this week: first time in definately about two months where I will hopefully manage to stay away from docs for a whole week: fingers crossed because I have at least one appt a week for the next 6 weeks after that: sick of being prodded at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi Ladies, how are you today?

Cyning I'm happy for you.

I'm in sad mood all day today and don't know why :/

Think baby must of moved up. My bump is huge! Seriously it came from no where, i must post another picture tomorrow and see if ya agree or is it in my head

javagal wrote: »
    Think baby must of moved up. My bump is huge! Seriously it came from no where, i must post another picture tomorrow and see if ya agree or is it in my head
    Hubby said I got massive yesterday too.

My emotions are all over the place 2, sometimes dont even need a reason.. yesturday was my cousins hen party firstly i was stressing out about getting ready shouting at OH for nothing then i was crying, just before leaving i felt wobbly didnt know how i was feelin thinkin maybe i shouldnt go but didnt want 2 let cousin down, I was only in the door 2 mins at cousins and started bawling to my poor shocked aunty...so embarassing!!! After feeling like a physco i pulled myself together and had a great nite... just mad!!:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

We had a family dinner last weekend and my OH set me off laughing so hard I had tears running down my face then in the middle of laughing and trying to catch my breathe I burst into tears for no reason! My family thought it was hilarious.

I feel like a whale, I'm 23 weeks today and just feel enormous.....My brother wanted to feel the baby kicking told him when babs started kicking and he put his hand on my tummy for a minute and the baby kicked. Well the look on his face, he got such a fright it was so funny!!!! :D

Advertisement