Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Kash wrote: »
    I just went online - sorry mama-h!

But I have to say, their skater dresses are lovely - I bought the one in turquoise, and it is stunning :)
    Yeah i went online too. Just bought everything that was on sale in the mat section really.
    My sis gave me a big huge bag of mat clothes, but there are like 2 things in the bag that I would actually wear! So I've loads to get. I've one mat pants for work and one mat jeans for weekends, so def need to get more. This baby is turning out to be fairly expensive already! Thankfully hubby said I can buy all mat clothes from our joint account. Which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

javagal wrote: »
    Aww did you see one born, that poor Lithuanian man, i wanted to hug him!
    Had a great laugh at the very end of it when it showed next week and the young girl claims to her boyfriend, i.ve ****! Lol classic!

Poor Victor, I think I was crying more for him then the babies being born! I felt so bad for him when he came in to see his little girl & barely got a look at her face when the mother says "Get Victor out of here!". He just looked so nervous the whole time. Really liked the other couple!

I've had a realisation. I have TONS of mat stuff to wear for work & dresses & absolutely no half decent looking weekend clothes or jeans that fit. Not a stitch. Miss wearing jeans the odd time so need to find just one pair that are nice.

Arrrgghh need to sort out antenatal classes. Feel incredibly disorganised. Started a "spring clean" the other day, got 1/2hr into it and gave up and there's stuff all over the floor still.

Hubby wants lots of rock music played to baby (I stupidly said "sure I have it blasting through my ipod headphones when I'm out walking" :o) so when I'm in the car and a good AC/DC tune comes on I blast the volume and sing along. I pity my baby hearing me sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I`m having a BOY :D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p
    After thinking all was lost on monday morning I`m so happy to see my little fella going mental in my belly, I drank a full bottle of Lucozade on the way in just for good measure.....
    Hubby`s a tad disappointed, he was convinced it was a girl!! He`ll get over it.
    Went into Dunnes and Next and spent nearly €200 on baby clothes and maternity wear!!! Next had a lovely little babygro in brown so he`ll look like a little Teddy Bear
    Next maternity were lovely and a great fit for me being so short...
    So excited now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats Fri.day.... I'm so delighted for you :D Yay a July boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Woohoo! Congrats fri.day. Is that the first confirmed July boy? I love Next kiddies clothes.

Any of the ladies who have found out the sex...did u have any strong feelings about whar u were having before you found out? Were u right?
    I said 'she' by mistake the other day and now work colleague is convinced I've found out and haven't told them!

Back pain is gone, thank god. Fell asleep about 10.30 last night, watching one born on the recorder so I obviously just needed the rest.

I felt so sorry for the Lithuanian man, being made wait outside like some stranger. I laughed when she said it was because child birth was so intimate...how did she get in that position in the first place! Looking forward to watching the end if it when I get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

kildareash wrote: »
    Woohoo! Congrats fri.day. Is that the first confirmed July boy? I love Next kiddies clothes.

Any of the ladies who have found out the sex...did u have any strong feelings about whar u were having before you found out? Were u right?
    I said 'she' by mistake the other day and now work colleague is convinced I've found out and haven't told them!

Back pain is gone, thank god. Fell asleep about 10.30 last night, watching one born on the recorder so I obviously just needed the rest.

I felt so sorry for the Lithuanian man, being made wait outside like some stranger. I laughed when she said it was because child birth was so intimate...how did she get in that position in the first place! Looking forward to watching the end if it when I get home

I was convinced this was a girl, even after having all the boys,I thought it was maybe just wishful thinking but I was right

Congrats Fri.day!!!

Still don't think I'll find out...but I am jealous of all you girls finding out.
    Hubby is convinced its a girl, but that's cos he is an only boy with 3 older sisters. And he has more nieces than nephews.
    But I'm saying a boy, just to go against him. I actually haven't a clue or a feeling what I'm having...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Hi girlies, long time lurker here, due 14th July - you guys have kept me sane the last few months! Breaking my no-post streak though, cos I'm going a bit mad here talking to myself! I've been in between GPs, and moving house (actually just found a really nice place and moving on the 12th!) so up the walls I am! I'm starting to feel a little bit like the girl who forgot to do her homework caught out in class now though! Can anyone explain the 20 week anatomy scan to me please? A girl I know has just been in to her first antenatal visit yesterday and was offered one free through public care in the same maternity hospital (Limerick) where I wasn't offered one at all, my next appointment isn't until 28 weeks ... so naturally now we're both freaking out about why one of us was offered it and the other not - is there something wrong with her that she was offered it, or what if there's something wrong with my little one and I wasn't...sure ye know how the brain will go into overdrive at the slightest thing like. Anyway, I was wondering if you ladies could shed some light for us please, is it routine or just for special circumstances? And if they're now offering this at my hospital, is it something I should pursue? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

First July boy ! Congrats Friday!
    I was convinced i was having a boy!

Hi girlies, long time lurker here, due 14th July - you guys have kept me sane the last few months! Breaking my no-post streak though, cos I'm going a bit mad here talking to myself! I've been in between GPs, and moving house (actually just found a really nice place and moving on the 12th!) so up the walls I am! I'm starting to feel a little bit like the girl who forgot to do her homework caught out in class now though! Can anyone explain the 20 week anatomy scan to me please? A girl I know has just been in to her first antenatal visit yesterday and was offered one free through public care in the same maternity hospital (Limerick) where I wasn't offered one at all, my next appointment isn't until 28 weeks ... so naturally now we're both freaking out about why one of us was offered it and the other not - is there something wrong with her that she was offered it, or what if there's something wrong with my little one and I wasn't...sure ye know how the brain will go into overdrive at the slightest thing like. Anyway, I was wondering if you ladies could shed some light for us please, is it routine or just for special circumstances? And if they're now offering this at my hospital, is it something I should pursue? Thanks :)
    Hi, welcome and congrats!
    It seems to be different for every hospital, some offer it, others don't. (mine don't, so getting it done privately) bug I never heard of a hospital that offer it to some and not to others? If I were you I would ring your gp or the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - Girl
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - Girl
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - Girl
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - Boy
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Congrats Fri.day!!! First boy, loving finding out what everyones having!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congrats Fri.day, 1st boy so far, delighted for you...
    Kildareash I felt the same for poor Viktor on 'one born every minute' it must be harder waiting outside not knowing whats happening. too right how did she figure she got pregnant in the first place!! lol
    theg81der- how do you put ur name and due date on the list, do i do it myself (sorry not sure how this goes)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Congrats Fri.day, 1st boy so far, delighted for you...
    Kildareash I felt the same for poor Viktor on 'one born every minute' it must be harder waiting outside not knowing whats happening. too right how did she figure she got pregnant in the first place!! lol
    theg81der- how do you put ur name and due date on the list, do i do it myself (sorry not sure how this goes)..

God sorry tinkerbell79 didn`t realise you weren`t there! You just copy and paste into your post and stick yourself in where ever your due date puts ye!

Welcome Nyquist Freak!

As someone above says, I'd ring the hospital & ask. I don't think there is any reason she was offered anatomy scan and you weren't. It could have been a mistake or they didn't have any space around the time your 20-22 wk scan would be due.

Anyone else have horrendous skin on their face since getting preg? Mine is just terrible :mad: It's at the point where when I wash my face at night I have to put on a bit of concealer to cover my angry red craters. I've been with hubby for 10yrs so the spots have to be really bad for me to be self concious enough to wear make up to bed.

And before anyone says it, the make up doesn't make them worse. I went 1 1/2yrs before wearing no make up and made NO difference. Neither did getting the highest quality lotions & potions. My skin is completely hormone related, boo!

Please someone make me feel not so alone in this skin disaster!

> Moan thread :P

Girls what do ur think of the name Skye?
    And what middle name would you put with it

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Fri.day - congratulations!!!! first little boy of the july bump club....

On 'one born' i felt so bad for that poor husband who was banished from the labour and barely got to see his little girl before he was told to leave again... poor man needs to grow a pair and stand up to his awful wife :mad:

NyquistFreak: welcome to the club! when it comes to scans every hospital seems to be different, mine offers both dating and anomoly scans as standard, I'd give them a ring and ask, if they don't do anomoly scans you can always go private..

Mama-heidi, the new look in Jervis centre have maternity, not a huge selection - but some nice pieces.. I got a few tops and cardi's in there and went online and got dresses and jeans. Much better selection online...

Is anyone managing to get in any exercise (please say no and make me feel better) I always have great intentions of coming home and going for walks, joining pilates class etc but its just not happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Tinkerbell,

My experience telling people the names I'm thinking about have not really been positive! My mum and sister are the worst I think, all it takes is a look! And what's worse is I let it really put me off the name. Therefore we have decided not to ask anybody's opinion & let them make faces after they get the phonecall or read the text & it'll be too late then anyway ;)

Re: Skye, it wouldn't be a name I'd have thought about but it is cute, if you like it then go for it! Maybe a simple middle name would be nice like Skye May, Skye Rose, Skye Lilly, Skye Maria...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`m having a BOY :D
    Yay! The first July boy - delighted for you! It makes everything so more real, doesn't it?
    Can anyone explain the 20 week anatomy scan to me please? A girl I know has just been in to her first antenatal visit yesterday and was offered one free through public care in the same maternity hospital (Limerick) where I wasn't offered one at all, my next appointment isn't until 28 weeks ... so naturally now we're both freaking out about why one of us was offered it and the other not - is there something wrong with her that she was offered it, or what if there's something wrong with my little one and I wasn't...sure ye know how the brain will go into overdrive at the slightest thing like. Anyway, I was wondering if you ladies could shed some light for us please, is it routine or just for special circumstances? And if they're now offering this at my hospital, is it something I should pursue? Thanks :)

I'm with Limerick maternity too, and was not offered the anomaly scan and had to go privately. The norm appears to be two scans, one at 12-14 weeks, and one at 28-32 weeks. I assume they do more if there is a higher risk, based on your medical history, but give them a call to be sure I would highly recommend going for it privately to put your mind at rest.
    Girls what do ur think of the name Skye?
    And what middle name would you put with it

I love the name Skye, i think it's really pretty. My first instinct was Alana - i think it means precious. But it depends on your surname too :)

We're thinking of calling our little girl Melody, we decided within 5 minutes of our scan :) I think the middle name will be Rose, so Melody Rose.

trions wrote: »
    Is anyone managing to get in any exercise (please say no and make me feel better) I always have great intentions of coming home and going for walks, joining pilates class etc but its just not happening...

No exercise whatsoever - the occasional walk, but when I say occasional, I mean once a week. I did buy a yoga dvd but it hasn't been delivered yet, and thats my excuse for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Thanks ill try that theg81der!!
    Mink my skin on my face is bad too- red patches, dry skin and raised bumps rather than spots...also really sensitive, only thing thats helped calm it a bit is using dermacologica cleanser for dry skin and bio oil at night time to rehydrate and helps skin tone a little. Sorry you have it 2 but i'm glad i'm not the only 1!!!
    Tinkerbell4484- i like the name skye and as 4 middle names i like the 1s mamaheidi gave you, so pretty.:)
    Trions i've been so lazy since start of this pregancy as morning sickness was so bad but i've no excuse now but still havent done anything!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Cheers for the replies girls, I have a gp visit early next week and will bring it up then so!

Skye is a lovely name! I do kinda feel the same about telling people the name I have in mind though, I had one fella say to me something along the lines of sure why would you name the child after a French prostitute?! when I shared (the name was Chloe - I don't get the reference though, I just always loved that name!) No names even close to considered for a boy though, I think I make That Face at everything anyone suggests!

And yes, my skin too is rotten at the moment. And so is the heartburn. Woe is my poor self. </whinge>

• Advertisement

Thanks girls,yeah I know what some of you mean,I love the name but I don't know if I have the guts to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I can't remember the last time I exercised! Not that I'm allowed to anyway: I can go for short strolls when I'm not on my own!

I've been getting little white head pimples all around my nose and chin: think I was about 14 the last time I had so many: I'm using Mychelle stuff which is helping!

I really don't know about names yet: maybe Orlaith or Aine for a girl or possibly Gerard or Conor for a boy...

I know this will sound strange: but what do ye're kicks feel like: when I was getting flutters I knew what they were. But where do you feel them: is it round belly button (which is where I was getting flutters) or lower down? :D

cyning wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I exercised! Not that I'm allowed to anyway: I can go for short strolls when I'm not on my own!

I've been getting little white head pimples all around my nose and chin: think I was about 14 the last time I had so many: I'm using Mychelle stuff which is helping!

I really don't know about names yet: maybe Orlaith or Aine for a girl or possibly Gerard or Conor for a boy...

I know this will sound strange: but what do ye're kicks feel like: when I was getting flutters I knew what they were. But where do you feel them: is it round belly button (which is where I was getting flutters) or lower down? :D

mine were under my belly button till last week, now they.re in or around my belly, guessing herself moved up!
    Got some gorgeous baby grows in boots, expensive enough but they are 3 for 2 !
    My ohs preteenage niece was just over and left her Facebook logged in, oh proceeds to frape her, ie, niece loves farts, niece loves mirrors, niece loves Justin bieber!
    She is now not talkin to us, insight into having a pre teen!

I like the name skye, i like unusual names, my bestie wants to call her baby September which i think is cool!
    Zoey is what my mam was gonna call me and changed her mind so i thought why not!
    I also love milla and summer . Bit of a hippie in me !

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi Ladies,

I didn't have chance to read all new posts (will do it over weekend).

I was first day after month today at work. My boss was more than happy for first 3 hours, he told me we will take it easy etc but just before lunch time he was surprised that I still didn't finished things we planned for whole day ?! When I told him - I'm slower than before and I need often go to toilet he seemed upset.
    Anyway tomorrow is Friday and that's most important :)

Daddy felt the little lady kick tonight! She kicked him in the face when he was talking to her!he is so chuffed with himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Same here JG! But he wasn't that excited about it......I dunno I think he feels a bit left out or something because I can feel it all the time and he can't!

It's 5am and I'm sitting here enable to sleep and my legs are killing me. Couldn't stay in bed was being driven demented every time I closed my eyes!

I've been getting a few spots, but only in the last few days. I do have a rash on both legs, that I've had since June. Went to the dr loads about it last yr but stopped as I was getting nowhere and I couldn't afford it, getting acupuncture with the last 5 weeks, not seeing much difference, but he said hormones are slowing down improvement. So annoying as I will have to wear long dress to wedding in a few weeks, and tights to communions/ confirmation.

I love the name Skye, but it does depend on the surname! I'm not telling anyone my names. I don't want to get that "look" god know's I've given the "look" to hubby enough since we started talking names. Stuck on boys name.

I'm getting my flutters/kicks directly below my belly button. All day, all night. Still think he/she has ADHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Happy friday everyone! Hope this weather lasts for the weekend :)

Think I felt the first proper kick last night, but it only happened the once and it was right at the top of my stomach, so I'm not sure. It was definately something I have never felt before pregnant or not. I was sprawled out on the sofa watching TV with my hand across the top of my belly and it moved my hand.

Don't think of me differently when you read this, but baby is already a gleek and has only "listened" to one show. We were watching it last night and baby went crazy inside every time a song came on! It was mad. The feeling would stop when the music stopped!!!

My skin is shocking too...big red patches and bumps, not even spots. Although I do get acne type spots every few weeks too. Nothing is making any difference. What's worse is people keep telling you that you're glowing! Eh no I'm not...in fact my skin has never looked worse!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys I feel better re my skin knowing that not all of you are "glowing"!
    kildareash wrote: »
    Think I felt the first proper kick last night, but it only happened the once and it was right at the top of my stomach, so I'm not sure. It was definately something I have never felt before pregnant or not.

SNAP! I was lying down reading in bed last night and I felt about three little prods in a row a couple inches left of the bellybutton. It was not a fart brewing! I had felt something similar a couple other evenings but wasn't sure-sure. But now I feel I am sure I've felt baby & I'm recognising it. What with hearing the heartbeat on Mon & feeling first little kick, I'm a lot more reassured.

Got hubby to lay on bed and talk near the bump as he has a real deep loud voice that carries (usually a pain in the arse) so I wanted to see if baby would react but alas I think he or she went to sleep.

Exciting stuff!

Advertisement