Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Ginny wrote: »
    Don't worry girls, I'll shame yis all with how late I'll go, 2.5weeks left and head isn't engaged!
    Only good thing about the high BP is the medication, bit of a pain having to take it exactly every 8 hours, buttttttttttttttt it makes me sleepy!! So last night I slept from 1-7 (woke up, loo trip and took tablet) and slept again till 10:40!! :)

head doesn't necessarily have to engage before labour, can do it during..!

Only thing left to do is bonkage but I soo don't wanna :(:pac:

Brought the birthing ball to our patio so I can bounce, enjoy the sun and still reach wifi!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Just wondering why people feel the need to say anything and everything to pregnant women! OH's sister & her partner were over last night and the partner proceeded to tell me that I'd have at least an 8lb baby, asked whether I was having an epidural (as if it was some sort of cop-out!), told us we'd get no sleep for years, we'd have no time to watch TV and was generally negative about everything! I was fit to swing for her by the end of it! Grinning and smiling was wearing thin by the end of it all! Can't imagine what it'll be like when the baby arrives. (This woman has had kids and claims to be an authority on everything - especially everything baby-related!). Why do people forget their manners when talking to a pregnant woman!?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yup mamaheidi, people are nuts, I have no idea why some mothers relish telling expectant mothers how horrible their lives will be. When I couldn't sleep for more then 30 mins at a time, the yoke in my office would laugh and tell me at least I'd be prepared for being a zombie when the baby came. She used to do my head in, when I have the baby I will not be in pain, so sleeping is an option when the sleep, the baby has 2 parents, and I won't have to be commuting 1hr each way to sit in an office facing you....I know which side of pregnancy I'll prefer..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congrats cyning... well done!!! Welcome baby ciara:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Congratulations cyning you must be over the moon. :)

well our scan yesterday showed that our little minx is now footling breech with one foot down and sort of transverse. It means if she's still like that i can't be induced. Have another scan tuesday and we'll take it from there. If she's still in that position i think i'll be kept in until they do the section. They were almost keeping me in yesterday because at 37 weeks they can't risk me going into labour myself. The only reason they didnt keep me in was i was just 37+1 and if it was closer to 38 i'd have been kept.

So i'll be bringing my hospital bags with me to the scan. I'd prefer if they do the section as soon as possible now, i'm terrified of going in to labour and not making it to the hospital in time, even though i dont feel my body has any intention of it yet. Have serious pressure pains, oh my god i'm just shuffling around the place when i walk. i'm fantasising about being able to walk upright again some day soon and no grunting when i stand up. I think i'm reverting to the animal kingdom!

hope everyone's doing well

minibear

Did anyone else get itchy?? all around my hips, thighs and calves are really itchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Did anyone else get itchy?? all around my hips, thighs and calves are really itchy!

no itchines here only big swollen feet
    im so tired of it

hubby said he was sorry. we had long conversation and I get roses :-)
    and pineapple ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yup its called Pupps, 1 IN 200 get t whilst pregnant usually a couple of weeks near the end. The rash on my stomach is gone, but i've now got it my thighs. if you don't have a rash then i would go to the Dr.

Yeah no rash, just like a shaving itch all over my legs, must check the BP meds side effects!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Congrat Cynning! You must be delighted to have reached the finish line!

I have been keeping an eye on things but not posted for a while as I started a new job with the HSe 4 weeks ago at 34 weeks! I dont recommend this to anyone but I lasted the distance and finally finished up work yesterday. Congrats to all the new babies and mums!

Gettin a bit of the cankle look and my hands are so stiff and swollen when I wake up in the morning!!!

had a quick scan on wed at hosp app and they said haid is very low and asked if I was in alot of discomfort / pressure - which Im not really?? Def feeling a bit tired and cranky though and have just started the difficulty sleeping routine. Its like I get stuck on my side / back and have to wake every few hours to turn over! Have as good few bits to get sorted this week so hoping with hold off til at least next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Minibear, I'm really sorry to hear about your breech, if it's any consolation I'm in the exact same boat as you, only 39 weeks now today. Transverse breech was found by GP at 37 weeks, confirmed by midwives and scan at 38+2, I wasn't kept in though, but I live close enough to the hospital so I think they were happy enough that I could make it over in time should labour start. Are you far from the hospital yourself? They just told me to ring if I was in any doubt over pain, and come straight in if I had a show or if waters go, I'm 10 minutes there in the car though, so can understand the worry if you're a bit further away! Having said that, I have spent the last two weeks in a state of absolute panic for the very same reason as you about going into labour naturally, if you need a chat or a rant or anything feel free to PM me, will keep you updated how I get on if you want :) Heading in the day after tomorrow for my section Tuesday, dreading it, but I don't know why, sure it's probably going to be less traumatic than going naturally! At least I know exactly when and what's happening! The consolation everyone keeps offering me for missing out on the experience of the natural birth I wanted is that the elective section is the most calm of all the birth experiences...they don't know me and hospitals though, haha!Starting to get my head around it all now though, so I hope they're all right anyway! :D

Ginny, definitely getting that itchiness! Someone mentioned PUPPS, it's boy dna acting as a skin irritant, I found that hilarious when I found that out! I'm using aloe vera gel on it and I find that great, mental it was driving me though! Mine started the same way, just really sensitive skin on belly and on the inside of my left knee, and the more I scratched, the more it spread and the angrier it started looking! It's supposed to go away the week or two after birth, and wont affect you on any future pregnancies, which is some consolation!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Hi NyquistFreak, it is a consolation to know someone else in the same situation.:)

i'm between 25 and 35 mins drive from hospital depending on traffic.i'm due for induction anyway on Friday but if she hasnt turned by tuesday i'll be asking for the section pronto.

it's funny, i hate hospitals too. i had never been in one for so much as a stitch until my first pregnancy. but right now if they phoned and said come in for a section, i think i'd happily skip all the way in.

don't worry about missing out on the natural birth, you're doing what's best for your little baby and once you have him in your arms you won't care what way he came out.

looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you.

ps regarding the itch i had a terrible itch a while ago and was tested for cholestasis. ( i think with that condition it shows up more on the limbs than the trunk) and the best thing i found for it was Eurax. very hard to find though as there's a shortage everyhwere.

Saurelin, glad everything's back to normal again, i suppose it's a stressful time for everyone involved and the important thing is he said sorry (and gave you flowers! :) )

minibear

Girls, I just sorted the forum threads in relation to posts, we've the most amount of posts.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

minibear wrote: »
    Hi NyquistFreak, it is a consolation to know someone else in the same situation.:)

i'm between 25 and 35 mins drive from hospital depending on traffic.i'm due for induction anyway on Friday but if she hasnt turned by tuesday i'll be asking for the section pronto.

it's funny, i hate hospitals too. i had never been in one for so much as a stitch until my first pregnancy. but right now if they phoned and said come in for a section, i think i'd happily skip all the way in.

don't worry about missing out on the natural birth, you're doing what's best for your little baby and once you have him in your arms you won't care what way he came out.

looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you.

ps regarding the itch i had a terrible itch a while ago and was tested for cholestasis. ( i think with that condition it shows up more on the limbs than the trunk) and the best thing i found for it was Eurax. very hard to find though as there's a shortage everyhwere.

Saurelin, glad everything's back to normal again, i suppose it's a stressful time for everyone involved and the important thing is he said sorry (and gave you flowers! :) )

minibear

I'm glad we are back to normal.

I cleaned baby room today
    All baby clothes are washed and ironed.
    I'm so ready to have this baby :)

I envy a little everyone who had their baby already :) or at least knows when induction/ section is schedule.

Girls, I just sorted the forum threads in relation to posts, we've the most amount of posts.....:D

It'll go down in history!
    Kinda feel too selfish to be moving to newborns and toddlers.
    We should have our own thread.
    Least we have Facebook.

bounce bounce bounce

I bounced for an hour too, just felt like it made junior move up even higher!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Saurelin glad things sorted with your hubby!

Mamaheidi I also hate when other mothers start telling you how awful birth/minding babies/children are. They are a minority but the negativity really sticks to you. Everything comes with its bad parts and hard work but it becomes what you make of it and the rewards out weigh everything.

I'm itchy on my lower belly too. Stretch marks now spreading to hips and upper thighs, ughh and still 3-5 weeks more growing to go. Don't think I have a rash yet.

Kiwi good to hear your on mat leave now and can have a rest.

I'm really putting off going to bed as I just know I'll be really uncomfortable.

Bump is really hard today, think baby running out of room big time

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I have to say girls if someone was bouncing my head up & down for ages I'd move away from it :D

Minibear that's a pain that your little one has gone footling breech! Fingers crossed when they check next they will keep you in for your own peace of mind :)

Last full day at home! That's a weird feeling esp as I've never been to hospital to stay :eek: Going to go through my bags again today and make sure I have everything! Don't need a labour bag as such now but skin to skin clothes for my partner is more important than ever for while they stitch me up :)

Know the feeling Twomums! Off out to my mothers today and all for her birthday so won't even get our full last day at home, also a bit weird knowing it'll be the last visit to the family home without a baby in tow!
    I went through my bags yesterday to see what I could cut down on, ended up with MORE stuff now than before, even though I've completely done away withid labour bag, ridiculous! sure we'll be staying in longer than previously planned I suppose, bah! not looking forward to the stay either, never had to stay in hospital over night before heading, and had that really awful time of it with the nerves (no way they were keeping me in then!) after the wisdom teeth fiasco, just trying to keep my mind off things now! It's weird knowing that today and tomorrow are the last days I'm going to feel the little squirms and movements from inside, have gotten quite used to them now! Although, had some almighty belly pain last night for a while before bed so at the same time now as minibear said quite glad there's an end in sight...my mother planned to try to land my brother and my sister on her own birthday all those years ago and both showed up late, I don't think any of us would be too impressed if this little one decided to finally oblige her (yes mothers house is out the shticks miles from the hospital!) it would be fair funny though, despite the terror of a transverse labour! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Twomums & Nyquist, are you both going in tomorrow? Either way it's next couple days I'm guessing. That would be so mad knowing such & such day/night is last day/night with just the two of you. I'm trying to organise spending some quality time with OH today as he was gone nearly all week doing a show & he's gigging 3 nights next weekend.

Twomums how'd your OH's 40th go? Hope you had a great time!

Reading about all ye breech ladies, and baby started doing mad contortions last night, I'm dreading midwife telling me on Tues that he's done a switcharoo and is now transverse! If he was bum first, I'd still want to try go natural but any other breech I think is just too dangerous.

Yep admitting at 2 tomorrow for section on Tuesday! When he thought I was in the diary for Wednesday I was first thing in the morning but forgot to ask if I was first thing Tuesday! So tonight is our last night at home together :eek:

The birthday went very well & she felt suitably special despite not being able to do anything extravagant :) I put a bow around the bump for her which she thought was super sweet :D We had a lovely day & after the little one is here she will have champers to celebrate as she just had a beer yesterday - just in case :D Amongst other pressies I got her a canvas print of her fav pic taken by me from our Oz adventure (2010) which was a total surprise :)

Yup same here, in at 2pm tomorrow for section sometime Tuesday too! No idea what time Tuesday, hoping its not too late though cos the nerves will never last me! We'll probably run into each other in admissions!

Mink I don't think my hospital are too keen on delivering any kind of breech at all, unless its already well in progress and a straight forward breech by the time they see you, if you're really worried ask your local hospital and your midwife what their policy is, I know its a bit more complex for you with the home birth with more people to be dealing with! They should still offer you the ecv before you'd have to resort to section and all, and sure if they're telling me breechface is unlikely to turn head down of their own accord after 37 weeks, then the same can probably be said for a head down baby turning beech after that time, so I'd say you shouldn't worry too much lady! Can't remember how far along you are though!

Java I was thinking the same about moving to the newborn thread, I've gone very fond of our little group here...how long would they let us keep posting here after the last of us has her baby before actually kicking us out anyway? Would they even bother? We could just linger on til they tell us to F-off in fairness and worry about it then! Is there anyone on here still not on the Facebook group either by the way? Not including the lurkers from if other threads I mean :P Curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Moi! I'm not on facebook so I don't get to see the pics of all the cute babies. Maybe I'll set a profile up.

So today is the big day for babyheidi and she is going nowhere! Hospital again in the morning so we'll see what's going to happen then!

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Moi! I'm not on facebook so I don't get to see the pics of all the cute babies. Maybe I'll set a profile up.

So today is the big day for babyheidi and she is going nowhere! Hospital again in the morning so we'll see what's going to happen then!

tomorrow for babyjava. she seems to be a squatter !

we should set up a due in April 2013 thread when the last one pops. double tricksky !

tomorrow for babyjava. she seems to be a squatter !

we should set up a due in April 2013 thread when the last one pops. double tricksky ![/Quote]

We should have a Laziest Baby award for whoever goes over due the most!

Having a giggle about the Due April 2013 thread, but then we'd end up with a load of new people on talking about stupid morning sickness! ...now a Due April 2014 thread...no that's just asking for trouble! I don't know lads, I'm genuinely curious to see how long the mods here would tolerate us lingering on before booting the whole thread over to newborns and us with it! The baby makes me evil, its not my fault alright?!

Lol Javagal but all the women actually due in April 2013 would get very confused :D

You should Mamaheidi if only for the boards secret group :) and the cute baby pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

While baby is asleep: April 2013: java have you lost your mind??!! Count me out!!

Think we get to go home tomorrow... Hubby gone getting travel system and bouncer and blindly things for car windows! As in it's paid for and sitting in shop just to be collected and car seat fitted :)

Babs is flying it: gave her a little formula this morning because she was starving so I'm downing water like there's no tomorrow... I'd forgotten how to drink normally :D

Mamaheidi/java hope both your babs get here very soon :)

Cyning the ability to eat & drink normally will take some getting used to for you :)

Sure we will be fine in newborns - we just start a "The due July 2012 mammies" thread to carry on our natters :)

If we have an overdue award we need an early award which I think (correct me if I'm wrong) goes to Kildareash & little N :)

• Advertisement

think your right twomums.

just had to clean out my hot press again.
    god bless my oh cannot comprehend that only towels and bedclothes go in there!

have also shaved all places that need to be shaved-all ready for baby!

Advertisement