Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

another zombie woman here today!
    Can't wait to hear from our limerick babies!
    few irregular contractions since yesterday evening but nothing more.
    kinda just wanna stay in bed and sleep just to kill time, waiting is just horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

That sounds promising Kash, she could come before Thurs.

Nyquist don't worry, it takes lots of new mammies time to actually feel maternal toward their new baby & definitely tell someone or talk about it. If I feel that way I certainly will be both to you guys & my OH & the midwife, just to get it off my chest. Nature will bring it all together over the weeks following I reckon. Plus you're in a stressful environment with screaming babies & jesus they can be loud & the noise goes right through you.

Had midwife apt today & all fine, head further down, heartbeat maturing nicely. My blood pressure is quite low so I have to work on more fluids. Staying home today to rest which will be really nice!

My poor OH has bronchitis, went to doc yesterday but he's worse today so probably on his way home from work. I just hope we get him better before the birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

javagal wrote: »
    another zombie woman here today!
    Can't wait to hear from our limerick babies!
    few irregular contractions since yesterday evening but nothing more.
    kinda just wanna stay in bed and sleep just to kill time, waiting is just horrible
    Java, the worst part for me was the couple of days of pains before going into 'official' labour, you feel cheated that you can't call it labour lol!!! Hopefully the rest will be a doddle for you.. I was so knackered by the time I got into the labour ward I nearly bear hugged the epidural man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Gonna be a long day...they haven't started elective sections today yet due to emergencies!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Gonna be a long day...they haven't started elective sections today yet due to emergencies!

This happens a lot, poor women do be starving...
    They wouldn't like me when I'm starving!

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

This happens a lot, poor women do be starving...
    They wouldn't like me when I'm starving!

Yep I'm meant to be getting a drip for fluids but still waiting :) emergencies are emergencies for a reason so I don't mind from that point of view but would like my little girl all the same!
    NyquistFreak with no tea - she can't be happy :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

hi ginny best of luck today:)dya know if you are having boy are girl?just wondering about that post that nyquist had about it being more common with boys
    Oh that's interesting, as I'm convinced I'm having a boy!! :D
    Ah crap I thought they'd have you ladies sorted by now!
    As for the maternal instinct, you're not alone at all, I doubt most women are gooey balls of mush about their babies straight after labour, PND is so so common, just make sure a family member is checking for signs, as you more then likely won't notice it yourself. I know I have hub on high alert for it, as I'm at risk of PND and the drs have it noted in my file too.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

hey girls just to update, was pretty bad there for a while with belly pains, like the bad bhs I'd get if I wasn't drinking enough, said it to the midwife alright and had been promised drip since about 11, spread to the head then and I was full on zombie mode, drip finally arrived about 10 mins ago and already feeling a good bit better for it, even though its an uncomfortable aul thing! Was down for another scan this morning, two hours waiting to be told ya he's still breech, I don't rightly know what they were expecting to have changed since yesterday evening! Just really tired and weak and fed up now, I'll be fit for nothing when baby finally makes an appearance. probably a good thing though cos there's no way I'd manage the filing cabinet in this state! This day is dragging something fierce! Told the same about the sections, every time I'm talking to someone the wait time gets longer, though no one can even tell me where on the list I can expect to be! least I'm not feeling murderous anymore! Hours yet it'll be anyway. How are you doing twomums?
    Also, thanks for the reassurance about that maternal instinct thing girls, that has me fair bothered alright.
    God I'm an awful whingebag today, sorry!

hey girls just to update, was pretty bad there for a while with belly pains, like the bad bhs I'd get if I wasn't drinking enough, said it to the midwife alright and had been promised drip since about 11, spread to the head then and I was full on zombie mode, drip finally arrived about 10 mins ago and already feeling a good bit better for it, even though its an uncomfortable aul thing! Was down for another scan this morning, two hours waiting to be told ya he's still breech, I don't rightly know what they were expecting to have changed since yesterday evening! Just really tired and weak and fed up now, I'll be fit for nothing when baby finally makes an appearance. probably a good thing though cos there's no way I'd manage the filing cabinet in this state! This day is dragging something fierce! Told the same about the sections, every time I'm talking to someone the wait time gets longer, though no one can even tell me where on the list I can expect to be! least I'm not feeling murderous anymore! Hours yet it'll be anyway. How are you doing twomums?
    Also, thanks for the reassurance about that maternal instinct thing girls, that has me fair bothered alright.
    God I'm an awful whingebag today, sorry!

Sorry your having such a shi**y experience in there misses..
    It shall be over so soon though and you'll be home with your little man laughing at me crying into my cheesecake,moaning about being overdue.

Oh I'd give my left nut for cheesecake right now...

Made up the cot, tis gorgeous, chuffed with myself now. Nap time shortly

• Advertisement

NyquistFreak sounds like you got your drip just before me. On the upside planned sections have started, 2 have gone down already but the order may have changed depending on consultants' availability. I'm hoping I am still next :D

It's ashame that all that squirming didn't result it your little guy being head down. Good luck for later today :)

I had a paper pants malfunction, they don't fit! Oops :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Nq it took me a few days feel maternal. I looked after him no bother after he was born but took me a few days to become 'besotted'.

Hope you both get seen too as soon as poss!

I am fit to kill my oh.
    its no secret I've been feeling emotional and fed up with being pregnant.
    I haven't been outside the house in about a week and he wasn't home yesterday till 8 o clock.
    So just now he texts me "Have loads of work on Thursday and Friday and next week. Hope the baby stays put for a week at least"
    Fair enough we need the money but what an insensitive prick!
    Urgh.
    He is officially being ignored.

Oops, sometimes guys (& girls) don't get that we don't care what great things are in the pipeline, we just want that baby out of us!!

Well he'll have to drop all that once you go into full on labour later today haha

I was supposed to nap, but my Game of Thrones boxset is calling to me.
    My OH is now home & sick. I don't think it's viral so I'm not too worried re catching it, especially as I've not picked up any bugs at all in this pregnancy (may have jinxed myself there).

Mink wrote: »
    Oops, sometimes guys (& girls) don't get that we don't care what great things are in the pipeline, we just want that baby out of us!!

Well he'll have to drop all that once you go into full on labour later today haha

I was supposed to nap, but my Game of Thrones boxset is calling to me.
    My OH is now home & sick. I don't think it's viral so I'm not too worried re catching it, especially as I've not picked up any bugs at all in this pregnancy (may have jinxed myself there).

Was his sickness so he wouldn't miss GOT ??? I bloody love that show...

Going on a baking buzz now..Making these..
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1585637/raspberry-and-apple-crumble-squares

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Nom nom nom @ Javagal!

Aww baby NFreak is here !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Java - waiting for baby must bring out some desire to bake - I'm planning to tease her out with the scent of muffins this evening :D Hope it works for both of us!!

Congrats to nyquist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Sorry for snooping and bursting in on your thread but yaaayyyy for nyquistfreak! Can't wait to see pictures! Also best of luck twomums and congrats to the other new mums and best of luck to the ladies still waiting!

Followed this to the tee until the "Add rasberries" part..

My cake comes with rasberry on the side!!

Baby brain I will not miss you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Delighted for you Nyquist, can't wait to hear all about your and twomums experiences today.

Well i'm still here. Our little minx decided she'd co-operate now and has returned to head down. We were late leaving for the hospital (usually get there about half hour before appointment) and one of the sonographers said to us they were sure i must have gone into labour myself. ha.

so back to the original plan of induction friday morning. Feel like i could sleep for a week now i'm so drained from all the rushing and last minute organising and packing.

please stop talking about cheesecake and muffins. i would kill for some right now! :D

minibear

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

MMmmmm - they look good - want some now :rolleyes: that website has a really good recipe for tarrogan chicken aswell - made it last week - quick, easy and yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Baking must be part of nesting made a banoffie pie yesterday mmmm... Congrats nyquist!!!

Barely slept at all last night eventually got up at 6.30 couldn't bare lying there anymore so I'm now more emotional than usual I'm either giving out or crying.... I like feeling the baby move etc.. But I've defo had enough of being pregnant!!! Had hops app today babs head is right down 'ready to go',I hope their right I can defo feel her heads moved down and when I press gently on top of my bump I can feel it move down below sorry tmi!!! Alls well with babs so delighted with that, size is full term already midwife said babs is 'a good size' prob be 81/2 or 9lb:eek:

Poor java u sound like I feel:(

Glad ur little one has gone into position hopefully shell stay there:)

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz

Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz

Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz

Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Big congrats to Twomums & Nyquist. Two in one day, will we go for a hat trick?

I'm an emotional mess, and I know it's completely irrational. Had a mini scan today and the Dr. couldn't get junior to move, eventually junior waved after the Dr. shook my stomach and dug the probe in. Dr. was worried about the movement and the fluid level, so I'm waiting on a phonecall from the Ultrasound Dept. for an emergency appt. Also had to do a liver function test, so fingers crossed I'll get those results tomorrow.
    Junior hasn't move in about 2 hours and of course I'm panicking!

*Edit, and they just got hiccups, I've never been so happy to feel hiccups!!!*

Ginny wrote: »
    I'm an emotional mess, and I know it's completely irrational. Had a mini scan today and the Dr. couldn't get junior to move, eventually junior waved after the Dr. shook my stomach and dug the probe in. Dr. was worried about the movement and the fluid level, so I'm waiting on a phonecall from the Ultrasound Dept. for an emergency appt. Also had to do a liver function test, so fingers crossed I'll get those results tomorrow.
    Junior hasn't move in about 2 hours and of course I'm panicking!

*Edit, and they just got hiccups, I've never been so happy to feel hiccups!!!*

oh these babies of ours!
    glad your feeling hiccups now!

its good they are keeping an eye on you ginny.

I wonder is it a case that baby has dropped down and your not feeling as much?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Aw Ginny you poor thing. Have you tried having a very cold sweet fizzy drink and lying quietly for a little while? they will usually react to that. I find that she responds very quickly after i've eaten too, but i'm not sure if thats because of the gesational diabetes. But she can be a bit crazy after i eat my lunch. Ive also pushed gently and felt her respond at times with a little kick or nudge and that's reassuring too.

I also find that she has her own active and sleeping times and she rarely moves in the morning but is like a mad thing at other times so your little baba might have been enjoying a nice snooze and was reluctant to be disturbed.

Regarding the fluid levels, how many weeks are you now? i know that fluid levels do fluctuate and can rise after falling. Try to drink as much water as you can to keep yourself well hydrated.

i know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry and i hope the scan goes well for you tomorrow.

minibear

Thanks girls, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, I have a relative who works in the hosp, and they said it can be all related to the BP and tablets, and if the levels are still low tomorrow I might be in for good.
    My placenta is at the front so I can't feel much at the best of times,:D had the fizzy drink, it was that that caused the hiccups... :)
    Heads still not engaged though!
    I know everything is ok, sure they were jumping around in the waiting room, just a bit scary when someone says "Your baby is a bit quiet....hhmmm...."
    I know 'm being irrational, but I'm just thinking if the pregnancy is causing the high BP, and the tablets are causing issues for the baby why can't they just get me over and done with now, 2 weeks isn't going to make much difference if junior is healthy now.

Ginny hope youre not too stressed tonight. I usually find rubbing my belly makes wee man punch back but sometimes I can't get anything for love nor money if he's snoozing. I hope you get answers either way tomorrow re fluid levels. I've been very naughty re drinking enough and that showed today in my really low bp.

Well if baby comes now he/she will be well fit for the world.

Hope nyquist and two mums are doing fine with their new arrivals. Stork is on overdrive today.

• Advertisement

Quick question for those of you who already started mat leave. Did the payments start on the first week you were off?

Advertisement