Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm in heaven she is just amazing... And as healthy as we can tell so far :D

Little trooper :) I'm just awestruck...

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

:D sounds brilliant :D hope she didn't give you a hard time on the way out & your other half survived ;) She is the biggest so far I think :) Pic when you have a chance please :)

He left :) and I genuinely didn't care all I wanted was my two midwives and my epidural... I was only in real proper labour for less than 5 and a half hours: and I don't think if he'd stayed he'd have ever looked at me same again! He was back in room within two min of her being born :)

It's really not a spectator sport!!

Well it's better than him fainting & your midwives having to look after him instead of you ;) delighted that all seems well - you must be so relieved she is here safe & sound :) Enjoy your first day as a mammy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

cyning wrote: »
    Baby Ciara born 7/7 at 2.36 weighing 7lb 15 oz :)

Cyning I`m so happy for you i`m sitting here with tears in my eyes xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning :-D im so happy for you :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Aw, congratulations.

That's great news, finally... She decided it was time

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Baby Ciara born 7/7 at 2.36 weighing 7lb 15 oz :)

Yahoo...she's here:):):):) Congratulations Cyning, thrilled for you. Hope you're feeling ok....looking forward to seeing a pic of her

Bit weepy here writing that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oh brilliant brilliant brilliant. Congrats Cyning! Lovely name for her too!

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz

Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz

Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Big congrats to Cyning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Wonderful news to wake up to! Delighted for you Cyning!!! You've had such a tough time, bet it was all worth it looking at her now. Can't wait to see a pic!

In other, less exciting, news... I got given a lovely baby present in work yesterday just before leaving. I still have another week but they were worried I might bow out next week so decided to give it to me today. Got a massive hamper of baby stuff (wipes, toiletries, soothers, weaning kits for when older etc), a little hamper with all toiletries for mammy and another bag of grows, sleep suits, blanket, bibs etc.

I just couldn't believe it, most I was expecting was a card, can't get over it, so nice of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Fantastic news to start the weekend, well done Cyning! And welcome baby Ciara! I have a friend born on the 7/7 and she is one of the sweetest people I know.

Delighted you are both doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Delighted for Cyning! :D Unreal news to wake up to, and for a baby who they said wouldn't last the distance she's so far the closest to being exactly on time, AND the biggest one so far?! Baby Cyning is some little trooper! Good date for a birthday too, our old next door neighbour Mary had her birthday on this date, I'll always remember her for being a legend and surrogate granny to us, and stalking Willie O'Dea round town on a regular basis keeping him on his toes! (he's really started to get useless lately without her boot up his rear end, haha!) She took no **** from anyone either, boss of her own destiny just like this little one by the sounds of it! Congratulations Cyning, absolutely delighted for you girl! :D

Kash wrote: »
    Fantastic news to start the weekend, well done Cyning! And welcome baby Ciara! I have a friend born on the 7/7 and she is one of the sweetest people I know.

Delighted you are both doing well!

You don't know my wife do you ;) see that's two good reports for 7/7 people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Woohoo, congrats Cyning, I'm absolutely delighted for you and your hubby.
    Ciara is a lovely name, enjoy every minute!
    Did everything happen quiet quickly afterwards? Last time I checked the thread it didn't seem like anything was going to happen until Monday.

Mink wrote: »
    In other, less exciting, news... I got given a lovely baby present in work yesterday just before leaving. I still have another week but they were worried I might bow out next week so decided to give it to me today. Got a massive hamper of baby stuff (wipes, toiletries, soothers, weaning kits for when older etc), a little hamper with all toiletries for mammy and another bag of grows, sleep suits, blanket, bibs etc.

I just couldn't believe it, most I was expecting was a card, can't get over it, so nice of them!

Mink that's super esp as you were feeling a little overlooked awhile back :) it is true that most people just wait until the baby arrives before giving gifts. Sounds like a wonderful gift from your colleagues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

congrats cyning ,your a trooper
    delightd for you ciara is a very pretty name:)

mamah and java ye must be getting nervous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Mink that's super esp as you were feeling a little overlooked awhile back :) it is true that most people just wait until the baby arrives before giving gifts. Sounds like a wonderful gift from your colleagues :)

aaah thats lovely mink,sweet that they thought of a mum hamper too:)most people just do stuff for baby x enjoy it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Aww Cyning - huge congratulations, delighted your 100% little girl is finally here :D so happy for u!

• Advertisement

Do we think baby Java might be on her way? :)

Everything went superfast in end: waters broke at 9 sent hubby home at 10 got pethadine and maxalon cuz was retching by 11 o clock I was close on losing my life with the pain in my backs legs and thighs. They examined me and I was 2 cm: 2 thinking wtf I was going to do!! I started getting gas and air and they called doc for canula and doc agreed I could get epidural: epidural got put in. They examined after epidural and I was fully dilated: rang hubby then it was 1230 he got in for 1 had an hour and a bit before he left room and I pushed for about 30 minutes to get her out. hubby came back then and held her.

Placenta came next and got stitches which took forever (also my top tip gas and air for stitches because sometimes epidural can be a bit patchy and ya ow!) and a local anaesthetic too I swear I was nearly worse over the stitches then the pushing!!Actually definitely!

Fed my little lady then and ate some toast and oj and then came over to baby ward where I have been in awe of her ever since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

woo hoo Cyning!so delighted she's finally here!really made my day!
    well done sweetie x x can't wait to see get.

baby java still here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Everything went superfast in end: waters broke at 9 sent hubby home at 10 got pethadine and maxalon cuz was retching by 11 o clock I was close on losing my life with the pain in my backs legs and thighs. They examined me and I was 2 cm: 2 thinking wtf I was going to do!! I started getting gas and air and they called doc for canula and doc agreed I could get epidural: epidural got put in. They examined after epidural and I was fully dilated: rang hubby then it was 1230 he got in for 1 had an hour and a bit before he left room and I pushed for about 30 minutes to get her out. hubby came back then and held her.

Placenta came next and got stitches which took forever (also my top tip gas and air for stitches because sometimes epidural can be a bit patchy and ya ow!) and a local anaesthetic too I swear I was nearly worse over the stitches then the pushing!!Actually definitely!

Fed my little lady then and ate some toast and oj and then came over to baby ward where I have been in awe of her ever since!!

Your a legend, u did an amazing job! And they say epidural slows down labour. Us july girls r really bucking all the trends! Sounds like u got the epi just in the nick of time.

I felt the same about the stitches but I think it's just because in your head you think it's all over when baby pops out and u want to enjoy those first few moments but there's someone poking at you still. Apparently I was giving out to the doc about the length of time he was taking! Poor guy trying to do his best and getting grief for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Jeez ladies! A girl has a lie in on a Saturday morning and it take her an age to get through all the posts :D

CONGRATS cyning! Fair play to you - hope you're enjoying every minute of baby Ciara - you deserve it!

mamah and java ye must be getting nervous :D[/QUOTE]

Mmmn chicken - I wish! This little bubs is making no signs of going anywhere. I've been trying to drop hints that she needs to come out by tomorrow so that she's not the first late July baby! Ohhhhh the shame after all of ye having well behaved babies just itching to come out and meet ye all :p Will keep ye posted but I think baby Java will be next in line!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Congrats Cyning, I'm chuffed for you! xx

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Jeez ladies! A girl has a lie in on a Saturday morning and it take her an age to get through all the posts :D

CONGRATS cyning! Fair play to you - hope you're enjoying every minute of baby Ciara - you deserve it!

mamah and java ye must be getting nervous :D

Mmmn chicken - I wish! This little bubs is making no signs of going anywhere. I've been trying to drop hints that she needs to come out by tomorrow so that she's not the first late July baby! Ohhhhh the shame after all of ye having well behaved babies just itching to come out and meet ye all :p Will keep ye posted but I think baby Java will be next in line![/Quote]

i bloody hope so!
    even my friends cat had babies yesterday. that is taking the mickey altogether!

Eeeep she is gorgeous cyning!!!

Sooo bloooodddyyy brrrrooodddyyyyy!!!

Aww Java everyone/thing is having babies around you :) the kittens made me giggle a lot!

Remember Mamaheidi & Javagal - these first time babies are meant to be late....we have just been bucking the stats ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Don't worry girls, I'll shame yis all with how late I'll go, 2.5weeks left and head isn't engaged!
    Only good thing about the high BP is the medication, bit of a pain having to take it exactly every 8 hours, buttttttttttttttt it makes me sleepy!! So last night I slept from 1-7 (woke up, loo trip and took tablet) and slept again till 10:40!! :)

Advertisement