Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Apparently my potassium levels are high but it might not be thay serious. so hence they want more bloods taken. phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

notsobusy wrote: »
    Apparently my potassium levels are high but it might not be thay serious. so hence they want more bloods taken. phew!!

Stop eating bananas!!! They are Gross!! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've tried, but the phone just keeps ringing out. So pissed off, so just booked scan with docs office.

I sent in the letter at least 4 weeks ago.

I shld have a bit more time tomorrow to call more.

kildareash wrote: »
    I've tried, but the phone just keeps ringing out. So pissed off, so just booked scan with docs office.

I sent in the letter at least 4 weeks ago.

I shld have a bit more time tomorrow to call more.

I have the phone number for the secretary at my consultants office her name is Dr.Mehta. Her Secratary is there after 9.30 am. If you want the number, PM me... Might get you some info.

Say this because I had to reshedule my scan and they let me pick the day that suited me so they must not be too busy,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

The rotunda do a second trimester scan and bloodwork feom 14 to 21 weeks to test for DS. then if there's a high risk you can opt for the amnio.

I'm in Rotunda on Fri for 12 wk scan so might ask them re this. If I can get it done public rather than pay through the nose privately I might even be able to get my car tax paid some time this century :D
    I was sure to get that specific scan it has to be 11.2-13.6 weeks for some reason. Sure I'll ask anyway and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mias

kildareash I got them yesterday by ringing the main hospital number and being put through, the outpatient number kept ringing out, wonder if she is on hols! They said i was booked in for the 27th. Since i decided to go private to the coombe, got fed up of them and the mammy kept telling me her labour stories and her probs towards the end of her pregnancy so she frightened me into going private really :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

mias wrote: »
    got fed up of them and the mammy kept telling me her labour stories and her probs towards the end of her pregnancy so she frightened me into going private really :-)

I started ringing round today been scared into going private too.

Mink wrote: »
    The rotunda do a second trimester scan and bloodwork feom 14 to 21 weeks to test for DS. then if there's a high risk you can opt for the amnio.

I'm in Rotunda on Fri for 12 wk scan so might ask them re this. If I can get it done public rather than pay through the nose privately I might even be able to get my car tax paid some time this century :D
    I was sure to get that specific scan it has to be 11.2-13.6 weeks for some reason. Sure I'll ask anyway and see what they say.

Thats the nuchal fold scan! I was too late for that thats why they suggested the second trimester scan. im doing it in newry because its closer than thw rotunda and its costing 105pounds as opposed to 250euro.

I havent eaten a banana in months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mias

Theg81der I'm glad i'm not the only one, i felt late ringing the clinics at 13 weeks but great to be able to get a quick appointment for next week.:-) Did you definitely decide to go private after?

kildareash I got them yesterday by ringing the main hospital number and being put through, the outpatient number kept ringing out, wonder if she is on hols! They said i was booked in for the 27th. Since i decided to go private to the coombe, got fed up of them and the mammy kept telling me her labour stories and her probs towards the end of her pregnancy so she frightened me into going private really :-)
    javagal wrote: »
    I have the phone number for the secretary at my consultants office her name is Dr.Mehta. Her Secratary is there after 9.30 am. If you want the number, PM me... Might get you some info.

Say this because I had to reshedule my scan and they let me pick the day that suited me so they must not be too busy,

Thanks ladies, I have been ringing the switch.

Might try googling around and see if I can get a direct line for Dr Hosam.

Was chatting to a friend at the weekend who is also pregnant and attending Portlaoise. She thought they weren't scanning before 18 weeks, but she was high risk so obviously has been a lot sooner than that.

@notsobusy - hope the potassium levels is not serious. Good that they picked it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Theg81der I'm glad i'm not the only one, i felt late ringing the clinics at 13 weeks but great to be able to get a quick appointment for next week.:-) Did you definitely decide to go private after?

Yea I just don`t feel I`ll get what I need out of public care and everyone in my family is nagging me for weeks. Was going to try go public but clearly I`m not going to get the follow up I need.

theg81der wrote: »

Yea I just don`t feel I`ll get what I need out of public care and everyone in my family is nagging me for weeks. Was going to try go public but clearly I`m not going to get the follow up I need.

It's just awful that you feel you can't get the care you need. I wouldn't mind going to newry and having the baby there but i just can't afford it.

I was quite sceptical of the public system after my experience with the lourdes last week but i was reassured today when they called me today to ask me to.come in for more bloods and another appointment with the obs.

I am frustrated that they dont offer diagnostic tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm so jealous of all of you who have had scans so far! Mine is scheduled for next Tuesday! I'll be 14 weeks! So excited to tell everyone as its getting hard to hide it now!

Am I the only Cork mammy here??

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Silly, I am living in Co. Waterford, but equidistant from Cork/Waterford, so am going to CUMH. Am 12 weeks and 1 day, have my scan today week - can't wait!

Cyning, have so much pity for you being in hospital again. That is tough going, but at least baba is ok.

Think my energy is coming back and the nausea is lifting, but insomnia is back with a vengence, plus 3 times a night loo trips. Am living in tights, knee boots and dresses with cardies to keep things covered - trying to get away with not telling work til end of the month, but have a nice little bump now! A third of the way!!! Thank god!!! :D

Hope every else is doing ok.

Thats the nuchal fold scan! I was too late for that thats why they suggested the second trimester scan. im doing it in newry because its closer than thw rotunda and its costing 105pounds as opposed to 250euro.

I havent eaten a banana in months!!!

Place I'm going to for NT scan is quite handy for me & OH to then get to work on time. I'm in Kildare so nowhere near Newry so I think by time I added on petrol & time lost I'd still be paying around 250 euros!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I just got a letter asking me to give another urine sample with my GP - no other details whatsoever. Does anyone have any clue why this might be?

I assume if it had been urgent, they would have called - but would it kill them to say why? I've called the hospital and they'll call me back with an explanation, but in the meantime, i'm mildly concerned.

I was never this worried and tense when I was not pregnant... and now I can't even have a drink/cigarette to settle my nerves :rolleyes:

Insomnia is killer the past few nights. Last night i literally slept an hour before my alarm went off. And i have an exam in twenty minutes. Yawn yawn yawn

March11 wrote: »
    Am living in tights, knee boots and dresses with cardies to keep things covered - trying to get away with not telling work til end of the month, but have a nice little bump now! A third of the way!!! Thank god!!! :D

Hope every else is doing ok.

I'm really having to get creative with my wardrobe to cover my bump. How many weeks/months will you be when you tell them? On all my work trousers there is a zip, two clasps and a button. Walking around I can manage the zip & one clasp. When I'm sitting down I nearly have my trousers completely open (covered by my top - and I'm in my own office, phew). But I think I'm still too small to go into maternity trousers. But then I don't want to go the next size up as my arse & thighs will be swimming in them & it will look weird. :mad:

I'm wondering if I can make it to mid Feb (I'm 11.5 weeks now) before saying anything. We've been going through a stressful time in work the past couple months with redundancies and we are down to the absolute bare bones skeleton crew. I think I'd like to let things settle out more & get smoother before I land this bombshell on my boss, don't want to make him go more grey as he's been a good boss to me!

I reckon most people wouldn't ask anything til the bump looked about 4 months on as prior to that, it's really debatable whether a woman just looks a bit paunchy :D What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I am trying to cover up with baggy tops but was looking in the mirror today and I think I may be paranoid about the bump. It is there but probably not as big as I thought. Thinking now the baggy tops are making me look more pregnant than I am!
    I'm 13 weeks today and feel like crap. Hubby had a stomach bug yesterday and I think that's what I have. Struggling here at work.
    I have my scan on Tuesday and after that I am tellin my boss and everyone that will listen. Sick of lying.
    Just had to tell my friends sister that I won't be staying the night at my friends hen, so I know my friend will be wondering why.

Kash wrote: »
    I just got a letter asking me to give another urine sample with my GP - no other details whatsoever. Does anyone have any clue why this might be?

It's mad that at a time when we should be keeping calm, our nerves are shot to pieces and our stress levels are through the roof! And we can't even take anything to calm oursevles down.
    Hope the hospital can shed some light on the need for another urine sample. It could be something simple like the sample was contaminated in the lab or lost and they need you to give a second one.
    Mink wrote: »
    But I think I'm still too small to go into maternity trousers. But then I don't want to go the next size up as my arse & thighs will be swimming in them & it will look weird. :mad:

I got a couple of pairs of work trousers in the sale in Mothercare that just have elasticated pieces in the waist band. They had 50% off last week when I was in there so I got two pairs for about €30. I got a couple of long t-shirts in Penny's and wear them under everything so you can't see the elasticated bits.
    Think I'll keep the trousers for Christmas from now on!

Finally got through to the outpatients in Portlaoise today. They had me down for the wrong consultant which wasn't a big deal, they were quickly able to change it and gave me an appointment on Friday, January 27! woohoo!

I asked OH if he wanted to cancel tomorrow's appt, coz we can't really afford the €100 straight after Xmas, but he's like a child waiting for Santa so wouldn't hear of it. He rang his parents last night and told them that we would be over to show it to them after the scan and everything! So cute :)

Trying to concetrate on the happy thoughts coz I'm a bit peeved at the hospital. The receptionist said oh yeah, we recevied your letter on December 15, but a month later they still hadn't sent me out an appointment.

• Advertisement

I'm looking for work at the moment and its going to be impossible to get a job if i tell them i'm pregnant. Think i can get away with the bump for a bit i just look fat!!

Think i might up end up doing one of those internships!!

12 weeks and 1 day - anyone else still getting cramps and twinges of pain? :confused:

12 weeks and 1 day - anyone else still getting cramps and twinges of pain? :confused:
    Yeah but much lower down now and very infrequent

Ah that's ok then, I was starting to get tad panicky. They are down lower alright. Can be a lethal stab of pain when it does happen or sometimes like a stitch on one side.

Ah that's ok then, I was starting to get tad panicky. They are down lower alright. Can be a lethal stab of pain when it does happen or sometimes like a stitch on one side.

Yeah my pregnancy apps says they are normal cause baby is starting to grow loads, I practice my labour breathing with them lol!
    Have my hosp visit on Friday-Cannot wait. Only thing getting me through my exams

Thanks for that Javagal! Oooh let us know how you get on with the appointment, mine is next Wed and I am curious to know what it entails!!!! What they do etc.!!!!

I shall indeed. I'd say it's the blood pressure/weight/scan.

Would prefer they left out the weight.. 9pounds so far!

How far along are you Javagal? I am 12 weeks and have gained 3-4lbs so far. Am looking forward to hearing your update on Friday now, something to look forward to and go by for this first timer anyway!:)

How far along are you Javagal? I am 12 weeks and have gained 3-4lbs so far. Am looking forward to hearing your update on Friday now, something to look forward to and go by for this first timer anyway!:)

I am 15 weeks on Saturday!! My first baby too. Had a few episodes of bleeding at the start but everything is great now..

That bloody doctor best stay away from me with needles or else!! Already had blood taken twice when I was in about the bleeding..(not good with needles)

• Advertisement

Nice, 15 weeks, am counting the days off every week - wishing it away so I am! I had 2 spotting episodes and after going back over my dates, both times were when my period would have been due, so I am waiting to see if I get any spotting in 2 weeks time again when I would have been due my AF. I have been getting my blood taken every 2 weeks to check progesterone/iron levels and I find if you pinch yourself while they are putting the needle in it can distract you from the needle, it hurts, but in my little mad world it works for me!!! :p

Advertisement