Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

kildareash wrote: »
    Javagal - have u tried freshly squeezed lemon and honey? U can mix in some hot water with blackcurrant juice or somethng if u don't like the taste on its own.
    My little nephew had an awful dose a few weeks ago and along with a bit of tlc from nanny he got over it without needing to see the doc or antibiotics.

Hope u feel better soon!
    I may be wrong but a girl I worked with was going to take honey for a cold but the dr said she wouldn't advise natural substances like honey, like Manuka honey. I think limsip, or the paracetamol version is ok to take. But I would ask a dr before taking anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

silly wrote: »
    I may be wrong but a girl I worked with was going to take honey for a cold but the dr said she wouldn't advise natural substances like honey, like Manuka honey. I think limsip, or the paracetamol version is ok to take. But I would ask a dr before taking anything.

Its cause manuka honey isn`t pasturised regular honey is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh gosh, I had no idea! eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I've put on 3pounds in the last week go me :D so now only 15 pounds down on my pre pregnancy weight, and my gp was listening away to heartbeat on the doppler thingy today... so cool!! Am still slightly dehydrated and have a kidney infection on top of it all but hey: 3 pounds is 3 pounds :D

On the downside dont think im going to get another scan untill around the 22 week mark :mad: i know ive had loads but i was really looking forward to the 12-14 week one and a proper photo... and theres no where local I can go privately and cars and me not agreeing at the moment!! It'd be a minimum of an hour and a half in the car and I just couldn't: but babs healthy that the main thing.

Regular honey is fine doc told me honey and lemon today too cuz throat is messed up from coughing so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ladies if you are couching drink a lot of warm fluids - it helps to smooth throat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hi everyone!
    Haven't been on in a bit so read through all the updates. Congrats to all the 12 weekers, roll on 2nd trimester!

I'm 10 weeks today and I've put on 5 lbs since found out I'm pregnant, making a concerted effort not to overeat and going to start walking 1/2hr everyday. The OH wants to lose some weight so he may walk with me.

I've been absolutely crippled with sciatica and back pain - really pulled my back out. So I've been resting for several days and it's a lot better. I'm taking it real easy as I still feel my hips are out of whack. I can't go through this for the next 7 months so going to look into back excercises to strengthen things up & maybe physio for preg people.

I'm really struggling to button any trousers up so I'm using the hair band around the button trick.

I plan to breastfeed also. My sister did it successfully with her last one and there was a particular book that really helped her so when I find out what it's called I'll let you know. OH gave me the What to Expect book for Christmas so I've been devouring that.

My sisters gave me little presents for baby, nice to get the first pressies for him/her.

Cyning great that you're putting on weight, you'll definitely catch up with your quota soon!

Have many of ye the date for ur first hospital scan, apart from private ones? I know some ladies have had scans because of bleeds etc.

I'm just getting frustrated because I've heard nothing back about the
    Combined care, docs secretary told me
    It cld be 14-16 weeks before I hear back from them.
    I haven't heard anything from the hospital either and she had no idea when Portlaoise were scanning.
    I just want to make sure everything is ok. I'm 12 weeks today and only had one appt with doc to confirm pregnancy, but it was too early to get heartbeat.
    There is a gyno attending the gp's surgery once a week and if we can afford it, we will get an ultrasound with her but she's not back in his surgery till the 12th.

The lack of information is really pissing me off. This is my first pregnancy and I feel like I'm turning into a hypercondriac (sp).

Sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

That is really crap. it does seem to vary from person to person. i went into my gp at 4 weeks and i got a letter the next week for my scan which is on the 6th jan.

but my friend who miscarried at week 11 hadnt heard from the same hospital at all got a letter 2 weeks after. This is in Drogheda.

Thanks for ur reply. I was 6/7 weeks when I went to doc and sent in the letter a week later.
    I didn't send it straight away coz I wanted some advice on which consultant to choose.
    I might call the hospital next week and see what the story is.

Hopefully the u/s in the docs office will be affordable and I can get that done next week.

I suppose I want concrete confirmation too...I don't trust the three pregnancy tests, feeling sick, exhaustion, weight gain and bigger boobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

kildareash wrote: »
    Thanks for ur reply. I was 6/7 weeks when I went to doc and sent in the letter a week later.
    I didn't send it straight away coz I wanted some advice on which consultant to choose.
    I might call the hospital next week and see what the story is.

Hopefully the u/s in the docs office will be affordable and I can get that done next week.

I suppose I want concrete confirmation too...I don't trust the three pregnancy tests, feeling sick, exhaustion, weight gain and bigger boobs!

Are you Portlaoise ash?? My appointment is for jan 9th (ill be 14 weeks) but I cant make it because of an exam, so when I was trying to ring to re schedule all the secretarys are on holidays till jan 9th. So I'd imagine they won't be sending out letters until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mias

I'm in the same position as you Kildareash, 12 weeks and haven't heard a peep from Portlaoise! I rang them when I was about 8-9 weeks because I heard others had gotten a letter to confirm they were on the waiting list and my GP hadn't sent in any info to them so that only went in then! They told me I would be called for scan based on dating so I should expect to be called when I'm 14-15 weeks although the likelihood of that seems less now if the secretaries aren't back until the 9th :rolleyes: I have had a scan at 8 weeks in the epu as I was having some cramps and thank god all was good with heartbeat seen etc but I have to say that I'm anxious to have my booking scan at this stage. Will have to wait and see by the looks of things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

Jesus that really is awful!
    I thought the Rotunda would be a pain time wise for my first scan and appt.
    I rang them on the 21st, the day my Doc sent off the combined care form, and they sent out a letter straight away. Now turned out the hubby got the letter and put it somewhere safe for me, so I didn't get it and rang them after 2 weeks and they told me then and there my first appt. is the 17th Jan. So I rang at 4 weeks and they gave me my 12 week appt. for 12w5D, I was very impressed, I didn't think I'd have my first appt. till much later.
    Not even contacting you at 12 weeks is unbelievable though! Is is that busy in Portlaoise?

I know I haven't even been in the hosp. yet but I've had to ring the Emergency number 3 times, even once on Christmas Day and they were nothing but lovely as well, didn't seem jaded or annoyed by my questions, and I'm sure they get asked stuff about the problems I had a million times a day, so so far the Rotunda have been really lovely, fingers crossed...:D

Thanks ladies, it's ridic that all the secretaries are off till jan 9.

Going to ring on the 9th and see what they say. I don't want to pay to have a u/s if I'm going to have the hospital one a couple of weeks later. I'd rather save that money.

When they receive your gp's letter, they cld even send out an acknowledgement saying although we don't have a date for your scan yet, we're scanning approximately between x and x weeks.

If it wasn't for the forum, my imagination would be running wild with answers to my own questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Hi ladies,

I'm happy to join the July 2012 thread--I'm 12 weeks along with our first little one.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and advancing well into the second trimester! Look forward to experiencing the next seven months with you all :)

Girls question... I ran outta folic acid the other day. Im over 13 weeks. Do I need to keep taking it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I dont think so. i know i do but im on meds for epilepsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Scan tomorrow so excited and nervous its ridiculous!!!roll on 9am tomorrow.

Welcome feest!

Well, back at work today.... Eugh!!
    Not looking forward to this week. Trying to hide little bump, still able to wear work pants etc, think I might give the game away by constantly pulling at my top making sure its not revealing anything.

Scan in 2 weeks today! By my calculations I am 12 weeks tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Welcome feest - congratulations!!! :)

Best of luck with the scan theg81der - I have my scan on Thursday morning.

I am unbelievably worried about it. We had a private scan at 7 weeks, and they found a heartbeat then and everything looked good, so I can't figure out why I am so freaked.

It's completely irrational, but I can't seem to shake the fear that something is wrong - especially as in the last week, I have had practically no pregnancy symptoms (apart from too much peeing and too little pooing :rolleyes: )

Hubby is back in bloody Germany again, so I just have my own head for company - and the peace and quiet is not helping at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Kash wrote: »
    It's completely irrational, but I can't seem to shake the fear that something is wrong - especially as in the last week, I have had practically no pregnancy symptoms (apart from too much peeing and too little pooing :rolleyes: )

Agh--I hate how symptoms come and go. Everyday that I wake up feeling halfway normal I tie myself in knots thinking that something must be wrong. You saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks--the chances that something would be wrong is so diminished once a strong heartbeat is there. Please don't worry!!

Best of luck with all the upcoming scans--Kash, silly and theg81der. We had our first scan this morning and it was unreal. Little one kept stretching his arms above his head--exactly how I sleep. So cute!

• Advertisement

I wonder if anyone here at work would notice if I put my feet up on my desk, sit back in my chair and have a wee snooze?

I wonder if anyone here at work would notice if I put my feet up on my desk, sit back in my chair and have a wee snooze?

Wouldn't it be great if you could do this?

Got home a bit early today...bliss. OH wants me to go cinema with him and a few friends at 10 to 9...don't know if I'll stay awake that late!

Anyone else notice their concentration is gone to poo??

I'm here studying for my programming exam.. And so Far..
    I have updated my fb profile,sorted my itunes,downloaded 4 apps and drawn the outline of my hand in 4 colours..

javagal wrote: »
    Anyone else notice their concentration is gone to poo??

I'm here studying for my programming exam.. And so Far..
    I have updated my fb profile,sorted my itunes,downloaded 4 apps and drawn the outline of my hand in 4 colours..

Haha, think your concentration is fine, you're just procrastinating... something which I'm skilled at & recognise the ability in others :D

theg81der how'd you get on with your scan?

Welcome Feest!

Wow so many are at 12 weeks, I'm jealous!

Well I tried on some "over the bump" maternity work trousers on and they just fell off... maybe cos I only have a tiny bump! So I'll make do with the hairband trick. I did buy a pair of sensible walking shoes from Clarks. When my sister was heavily pregnant she was wearing ballet pump type things all the time and her arches in her feet fell :eek:. Also I'm told having good shoes that support me properly will help my back.

Also got one of those bump bands from Top Shop, it was only €11. Won't use it for a few months but at least I have it in case of wardrobe malfunctions.

Went for a good 1/2hr fast walk this evening so aiming to keep that up everyday so I'm getting some sort of excercise.

The insomnia is gone, I can sleep for Ireland again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Java my concentration's been gone for months: I haven't been able to read a book in months... which for me is a big massive deal. i even tried to read Harry Potter cuz its brain dead reading for me: I gave up!!

Mink I'm so jealous your insomnias gone :D at 6 am this morning I thought I would cry if I didn't sleep soon haha... only thing was my poor husband had gone off to other room to sleep and then I turned off his alarm clock when it went off.... oops :eek:

And Kash I think most people worry irrationally: 4 scans later, 13 weeks and doctor picking up heartbeat on the doppler I STILL worry all the time.

I keep getting 3am cravings for white pudding and fried egg sandwiches on white bread with butter and ketchup. Which is fine but before I got pregnant I barely ate bread (I just dont like it!) I never ate butter (its mank!) and rarely ate ketchup. But the doctors have told me to eat whenever I want something for now so I'm kinda eating two meals-ish a day (night) now!! And 'm down to vomiting always less than 10 times a day mostly less than 5 so massive improvement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi girls,mind if i join?im 13+6w and due 4th july,this is baby number 5 for us,ive already got 4 boys aged 8,7,4,and my baby will be 1 in 2 weeks
    ive bleed constant through this pregnancy but ive had no m/s or tiredness
    had my 3rd scan today and baby was waving away :)
    looking forward to chatting over d next few months..
    Oh im attending cavan.....anyone else??

cyning wrote: »

Mink I'm so jealous your insomnias gone :D at 6 am this morning I thought I would cry if I didn't sleep soon haha... only thing was my poor husband had gone off to other room to sleep and then I turned off his alarm clock when it went off.... oops :eek:

I keep getting 3am cravings for white pudding and fried egg sandwiches on white bread with butter and ketchup. Which is fine but before I got pregnant I barely ate bread (I just dont like it!) I never ate butter (its mank!) and rarely ate ketchup. But the doctors have told me to eat whenever I want something for now so I'm kinda eating two meals-ish a day (night) now!! And 'm down to vomiting always less than 10 times a day mostly less than 5 so massive improvement :D

Wow that is a massive improvement on the vomiting. I really hope it stops altogether soon, I don't even want to think about what that's like.

Spoke too soon re the insomnia, woke up at 6 :-(

White pudding, egg, ketchup sambo sounds amazing right now, but I'd eat that anyway. For lunch yesterday I had a peanut butter, marmalade and banana toastie.

Welcome tinkerbell, wow you are an experienced mammy! Did you find each pregnancy is different or do you always know what to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Hi all,

Haven't been on in ages. I am 11 wks 1 day today. Obvious bump, so wearing dresses, scarves and cardies to cover it up for another while. Scan on 18th Jan, so anxious to know all is ok. Welcome to all the newcomers, this thread has been quite active.

I had another bit of spotting at the weekend, but I reckon it's happened both times when my period would have been due. I am murdered with lower back pain, headaches and nausea on and off. And I am getting stabbing pains and cramp on and off - anyone else getting these - I find these scary as they can be quite sore even if just for a brief second.

If anyone is picking up a few maternity bits, I got a couple of trousers in Mothercare yesterday for half price. All their sale stock had 50% off. Wasn't much of a selection now but I just needed a couple of smart trousers for work.
    Have got enough to tide me over now for a while, and spent minimal amount of money coz i picked most of it up in the sale.

Starting to notice a slight bump now, I was carrying a bit of weight anyway before I got pregnant, but the shape is definately changing.

Cyning - glad your vomiting less. Hope it stops altogether soon.

I have never eaten so much bread, as I have in the last three months. It was all I seemed to want.
    Whats worse is that my OH can't have high fibre foods, so there is always white bread in the house. Making a special effort to buy brown now.
    And have homemade soup with me for lunch today...got a burst of energy last night!
    Going to dust down my old Weight watchers books and get back into cooking proper dinners in the evenings. Plus their desert recipes are nice to have low fat treats in the house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Mink experienced mammy as right,no each one has been different
    ds1 i had pneumonia and was in icu
    ds2 no symptoms at all,he was the easiest labour
    ds3 m/s till 12w was fine after that
    ds4 m/s all day every day for the whole 9 months,he was op and very hard to deliver,
    thats them...so even at this stage i havnt a clue what to expect.

Advertisement