Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

13w3d and I've put on at least a stone :(
    Feel like such a frump but my eating habits haven't changed a whole lot.

Good luck with ur exams, Java, don't know how ur concentrating on study and exams. Fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I've had three blood tests and been poked with needles for canulas for my IVs 8 times since I came into hosp Friday: I just breath out and grab something... I'm a wuss when it comes to needles!! Just got a load of vitamins and glucose in by IV so fingers crossed I'll improve enough to go home soon!!

I need to buy maternity pjs: all my pjs are really digging in around my belly which I can't for life of me figure out cuz I really don't have a bump at all: I'm guessing they must be hitting where babs is?

And I still get cramps all the time doc isn't even in the slightest bit worried about them he just tells me there normal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

cyning wrote: »
    I've had three blood tests and been poked with needles for canulas for my IVs 8 times since I came into hosp Friday: I just breath out and grab something... I'm a wuss when it comes to needles!! Just got a load of vitamins and glucose in by IV so fingers crossed I'll improve enough to go home soon!!

I need to buy maternity pjs: all my pjs are really digging in around my belly which I can't for life of me figure out cuz I really don't have a bump at all: I'm guessing they must be hitting where babs is?

And I still get cramps all the time doc isn't even in the slightest bit worried about them he just tells me there normal!!!

Are you feeling any better cyning?
    Feel so sorry for you xx

KildareAsh, only way I can stay awake during my exams is to keep shovelling food into me!!
    At least Portlaoise have said they have you on file now!! My Sister In Law in 8 Months preggers on baby 4 and she has been scanned everytime in Portlaoise, so at least its something

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Just throwing another topic into the discussion, seeing as we are all progressing along - anyone using bio oil in preparation for stretch mark prevention or are ye using something else or anything at all yet? It's on my to do list to get something and start....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cyning I really hope you get to go home soon. You must be going stir crazy!

Javagal I've my booking scan tomorrow (Friday the 13th :eek:) as well. You're getting the private scan done right? I'm excited. We have to take day off work as the apt is right in the middle of the day so it was pointless for either of us to go into work for just 2hrs or go in in afternoon for 2hrs.

Last time I checked (like a week ago) I was up 4-5lbs since beginning of preg but I think I've put on more as my trousers are tighter and tighter. 12 weeks on Sat. I'm actually a bit scared to weigh myself.

March11 re the bio oil, my sister got me some sort of body oil from the Boots Botanical range. She used it and only got one stretchmark. However my skin is very different to hers & let's face it if you're genetically prone to get them then you'll get them. My other sister has tons of them. I've been putting it on after shower as my tummy's so bloated already!

My skin has started improving, I usually have little bumps and dry skin on my arms and legs but this has improved. I'm also hardly losing any hairs when I wash my hair (normally loads comes out). I'm worried I'll look like Sideshow Bob at the end of this! My nails are growing so fast and they're quite strong now too. Not getting massive breakouts on my face anymore. My face is still very blotchy though from the old spots that haven't faded, thank god for foundation and concealer.

• Advertisement

Cyning, tomorrow is my first hospital appointment!! I will book a private one in a few weeks..

I got the Mamma Mio tummy stretch mark cream. its expensive but all the woman i know swear by it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

If you think the Bio-Oil is going to do any good, start using it now!
    I am 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and I already have one large one on the right of my belly, and about 10 small ones on the left. Grrr.

I moisturise daily anyway as I usually have pretty dry skin if left to it's own devices, and I had been using the Palmers stretch mark stuff on and around the bump - but fat lot of good it did me! But as Mink said, if you're prone to them, they're going to happen even if you bathe in nothing but Bio Oil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Thanks ladies, think I better buy some kind of cream and start, but I too am in the - If you're going to get them, you're going to get them, nothing you can do will prevent them - kind of mindset. Never heard of the Mama Mio stuff, will have a look in chemists. My tum feels under pressure these days, so reckon there is some kind of expansion going on. I am so tired!

This is the link to it March http://www.mamamio.com/eu/pregnancy/must-haves/tummy-rub-stretch-mark-oil.html
    It is very expensive, luckily my sister in law got me some for xmas, must say it smells amazing.

Had my first scan in the gp's surgery today.
    We were both blown away, amazing!
    Babes was kicking away, even gave me a little wave :)
    I'm still smiling a few hours later. Can't wait for appt in hospital in a couple of weeks to see the little one again.
    We Cldnt believe how clear it was, I cld make out fingers and everything. The machine didn't print out but doc was lovely and encouraged oh to take lots of pics on his phone and was getting different angles for him and everything.
    Found my old bottle of bio oil so going to start using it now. A friend recommended some lotion that clarins do and zinc tablets too!

• Advertisement

Got out of hospital today: thank god... seriously thought i was going to just move in there at some stage yesterday: i've so far spent a quarter of my pregnancy on hospital: thats a lot!!

I'm using bio oil for weeks: I have keloid scars on my stomach and the nurses had reccomended it to me the first time i was in hosp at 6 weeks. I dont always have the energy for it but use it as much as I can! I'm slathering myself in Aveeno aswell cuz my skin everywhere is super dry :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to bring down swelling in my hands? I really want to put my wedding and engagement rings back on but my hands are so bruised and swollen I even have bruises going up my fingers... which I did not know was possible!!

Great to hear you're out of hospital, cyning.
    Can't offer any advice on the bruised and swollen hands. Is that from the cannulars and being prodded and poked?

Maybe putting them in ice cold water for a minute, a few times a day wld help with the swelling. Dunno if that is just for sprains and the like tho.

Is arnica safe to use when pregnant? Might help with the bruising if it is

Ya a couple of veins collapsed aswell so I think thats why they're so much worse this time... that and I'm been prodded with needles multiple times every few weeks :D I tried ice packs last night and it helped a little so hopefully by end of weekend!!

Fingers crossed!
    How r u feeling now?

Collapsed veins are a pain alright...my oh was in hospital for almost 9 months on and off but it's like his veins hide when they see a nurse coming! Even for routine bloods every few months they can have a bit of work trying to get it!

I'm okay.... hoping to go to Limerick tomorrow (while I still have the effects of all the glucose they gave me!) buy a new fridge, buy some maternity clothes and just forget about being sick for a a few hours... thats all I want :D

My veins just hate me at the best of times: they had to try half way between my hands and elbow this time too and even at that they were having awful bother.

And 9 months :eek: at least it's gauranteed to be over in 9 months for me...

On a plus note I can not get enough of mint crisp bars and salty chips... desperately unhealthy though!!

Just back from hospital. Baby is healthy and happy. Right on size. But i have to say my doctor was so cold. And the machine gave terrible unclear pictures. I.m upset with them to be honest. One of the picture just looks like a squirrel. But baby is healthy that.s all that matters.

Java which hospital did you go to? It really is the luck of the draw who you get. Do you think it might be worth it at all to make a complaint and see if you can get rescanned on a different machine?

Went well in Rotunda today. I have to say, all the staff were really lovely, it's just so badly signposted that all us newbies didn't know where we were going or who we were seeing half the time. One of us would figure it out and tell the next girl who came down the hall! Was there 2.5hrs :p

The scan was unreal. I can't get over how much the baby has grown in 3 weeks!! The prints that came out don't look like much but on screen it was so cool to see. Could see the shape of the face and the little hands and feet. That child is seriously bating the sh1te out of me in there, I'm worried re when they are big enough for me to feel it! I can't believe how active baby is, just jumping all over the gaff. I sort of knew to expect it from what others had said re their 12 wk scan but it was still a shock.

Get to see them again Tuesday for the private NT scan :D

Oh Java that sucks... Especially when you were so looking forward to it :( was baby moving a lot or anything? There is nothing worse than a nurse or a doctor being cold... bedside manner counts for alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

OMG I`m so sick of morning sickness!!!is anyone else still sick? no proper food for 6 weeks now.

theg81der wrote: »
    OMG I`m so sick of morning sickness!!!is anyone else still sick? no proper food for 6 weeks now.

Have you said that to your docs? That sounds fairly severe... and I should know :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Have you said that to your docs? That sounds fairly severe... and I should know :rolleyes:

Agh no not in your league Cyning just having a moan gets tiring being constantly nauseous. Just can`t eat anything bar cereal or toast or I vomit so I don`t. Was in hosital this week and they thought it was fine and they knew thats all I could eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Cyning glad you`re out, my nausea has just about eased (13wks3days) so dunno what I`d do if I was like you...I`m also self-employed and my hubby not working so we be well fecked.
    Mink on the hair thing, our hair is supposed to not fall out as much when we`re pregnant but also don`t freak out when it gets back to normal count after and you think you`re going bald...:D
    We`re all nearly coming up to scan time, we heard the heartbeat going mighty on tues morning - such a relief!
    Javagal, that`s annoying I`m fully prepared to go nuts on anyone who treats me badly on this journey, obviously I`m not the first or last woman to be having a baby but it`s MY first and they better get with the programme and be as enthusiastic as me :cool: !!
    Ive my scan on jan 25th and ill be just 15 weeks so do you think there`d be any chance of seeing the gender??? :confused:

Agh no not in your league Cyning just having a moan gets tiring being constantly nauseous. Just can`t eat anything bar cereal or toast or I vomit so I don`t. Was in hosital this week and they thought it was fine and they knew thats all I could eat.

How'd you get on in hosp? Still though that's really tough cereal and toast for any length of time would drive anyone mad! I'm flying it today ate two large bowls of pasta two mint crisp bars and drank a litre of water... amazing :D

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Cyning glad you`re out, my nausea has just about eased (13wks3days) so dunno what I`d do if I was like you...I`m also self-employed and my hubby not working so we be well fecked.
    Mink on the hair thing, our hair is supposed to not fall out as much when we`re pregnant but also don`t freak out when it gets back to normal count after and you think you`re going bald...:D
    We`re all nearly coming up to scan time, we heard the heartbeat going mighty on tues morning - such a relief!
    Javagal, that`s annoying I`m fully prepared to go nuts on anyone who treats me badly on this journey, obviously I`m not the first or last woman to be having a baby but it`s MY first and they better get with the programme and be as enthusiastic as me :cool: !!
    Ive my scan on jan 25th and ill be just 15 weeks so do you think there`d be any chance of seeing the gender??? :confused:
    i doubt it Friday. I am fifteen weeks tomorrow and doctor wouldn't.t entertain the idea and booked me for the25 weeks!

How'd you get on in hosp? Still though that's really tough cereal and toast for any length of time would drive anyone mad! I'm flying it today ate two large bowls of pasta two mint crisp bars and drank a litre of water... amazing :D

They refered me to neurologist think my epilepsy is acting up. Not good no driving for me. So no driving, no food......just loads of grumbing from me!!!

They refered me to neurologist think my epilepsy is acting up. Not good no driving for me. So no driving, no food......just loads of grumbing from me!!!

I feel your pain I can't drive or anything either... I keep trying to remind myself it will all be worth it.... baby in just under 6 months :D and grumble away I certainly do... even when I don't mean to!!

Gyno that scanned me yesterday said you Cldnt tell the sex till 22weeks.

Java, I'm so sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. Do u mind me asking which consultant ur under?
    Dread to think what my appointment will be like on a Friday afternoon!

kildareash wrote: »
    Gyno that scanned me yesterday said you Cldnt tell the sex till 22weeks.

Java, I'm so sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. Do u mind me asking which consultant ur under?
    Dread to think what my appointment will be like on a Friday afternoon!
    ash her name was R.mehta. She warm.t mean she was just very clinical and to the point. She seemed to forget i was scared and it was my first baby. Maybe it was unrealistic expectations of the perfect day. Our baby furniture arrived. If anyone wants to see let me know! The two guys that brought it put it together and everything.

They just see a conveyor belt of pregnant women!

I'd love to see your baby furniture if you have any pics? (I'm very nosey, but also looking for ideas!)

• Advertisement

What sort of baby furniture you get java? I'm not going to have any money to get anything for months at this rate! I know we'll leave it all til I'm like 37 weeks :D My brother in law is giving us a crib that he has and hopefully picking it up this weekend, it will be nice to have at least one thing like that in the house.

I don't know if anyone else feels like this but sometimes I'm sort of feeling like I'm not pregnant, just getting fat. Even when looking at baby on scan yesterday, felt a bit like she was showing me images of someone elses uterus. I just can't get over the idea that that little swimmer is inside of me. I don't think it will all feel real until I feel kicks.

When they were taking the bloods there was a trainee doing it and took her ages to find a vein, then she let the needle slip out and blood poured down my arm, onto my trousers and shoes and the floor. I think they thought I was going to freak out but I was fine, I didn't want the girl to feel bad, she's only learning. Poor thing must have been sh1tting herself that I was going to scream at her.

Starting to take iron (galfer) every other day now, hopefully that will give me a bit more energy.

Advertisement