Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUDGET 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

50 euro a year is not to much to ask, Didn't vote as I don't think its a great idea, just another way to get our dept down.Imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Kiera wrote: »
    They dont get all this if they are living with a child who is working for fúck all!
    Awh you still living at home? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

OP needs more yellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I like the idea but disagree with the flat fee. It is to much for peeps who dont need the doctor much.

Maybe a subsidized charge for a doctors visit.
    I had a medical card during a year or two of unemployment due to redundancy .
    If I had a niggle or odd pain I was off to the doctor.

It was free. Looking back now I admit, it was ridiculous and probably abuse of the service. But there was no incentive to not use the service.

If I had to pay 15euro each visit, I probably would have just used google to figure out what my pains where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'd prefer a €5 or €10 per visit charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Big Steve wrote: »
    I heard on the radio a rumour that the government are going to introduce an annual fee of €50 for the medical card in the budget.

Personally I think:
    €50 a year fee for the medical card. I actually think that's a fantastic idea. €50 per person between 18 - 65 that get a medical card every year. Pump every last penny back into resources in the HSE on equipment for treating people and frontline staff (feck the consultants and admin staff).
    Its about time they got something right. I sincerely hope this comes to fruition

Do you honestly think this fee will be used to improve services and not go toward paying off debts? If so, you are deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

its mad dogs sheit

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

This charge is a gateway to everyone paying towards the universal healthcare
    coming down the tracks.Medical card holders pay 50 euro now.When the time comes for
    the universal healthcare everyone makes a contribution Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Maybe the people who exploit the social services in this country do.

But ask anyone who has a medical card because of the Long Term Illness Scheme how easy their life is...

We are talking about money here not health. I appreciate illness is not nice or easy.
    Why? Because they're old? :confused:

Well our elderly deserve some respect if they have worked all their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Do you honestly think this fee will be used to improve services and not go toward paying off debts? If so, you are deluded.

No but if you read my post again thats why I said "Personally I think" before I launched into it. Even if it was used to help pay the bailout quicker we can still then turn cancel the cuts to the HSE once the bailout is cleared then send it solely to the HSE like I said to frontline staff and equipment.

• Advertisement

so your poll is going to be open for 2+ years :confused:

hondasam wrote: »
    Well our elderly deserve some respect if they have worked all their lives.
    And people that have lost their jobs during this recession don't deserve respect?

No but if you read my post again thats why I said "Personally I think" before I launched into it. Even if it was used to help pay the bailout quicker we can still then turn cancel the cuts to the HSE once the bailout is cleared then send it solely to the HSE like I said to frontline staff and equipment.

*bites lip and ends up chewing right through to the jawbone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

And people that have lost their jobs during this recession don't deserve respect?

I understand your points but a part of me doesn't want to take from elderly people who don't have much (i know there is some who have a lot). I'd rather their twilight years to be better then years of depression/recession they have already lived through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Saila wrote: »

Regardless of what you chew right through its a small fee to pay for health care consider most of us pay that and the rest for a trip to the GP and twice that for a trip to A&E......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's not a great idea, but it is a fair enough one, and I'm on the medical card. 50 euro for the whole year isn't half bad really.

Saila wrote: »
    Regardless of what you chew right through its a small fee to pay for health care consider most of us pay that and the rest for a trip to the GP and twice that for a trip to A&E......

once the bailout is cleared

I thing this is what he was referring to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Old people get fúck all as it is, i think they should leave their cards alone tbh.
    Um... What? They get, free electricity units, free fuel, free phone, free travel, oh and over €200 p/w!

They get too much!

You don't know what you're talking about. They don't get free electricity units and free fuel. They get an allowance towards either their gas or electricity bills.

When you're 74 and feeling the cold, come back and tell us if pensioners should get the allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I understand your points but a part of me doesn't want to take from elderly people who don't have much (i know there is some who have a lot). I'd rather their twilight years to be better then years of depression/recession they have already lived through.

They've probably worked their tits and balls off to earn the so-called "perks" of post-retirement, so it wouldn't be entirely above board of the government to take them away, especially the poorer ones.

Sure they do but oap's deserve that little bit more imo.
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    It's not a great idea, but it is a fair enough one, and I'm on the medical card. 50 euro for the whole year isn't half bad really.

Exactly, still cheap medical care compared to people who don't have a medical card.
    I'm sure you would be willing to pay extra for your prescription.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Um... What? They get, free electricity units, free fuel, free phone, free travel, oh and over €200 p/w!

They get too much!
    they worked all their lives and paid tax to get all that so their entitled to it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Rumour medical card thread merged into general budget thread.

TishyO wrote: »
    You don't know what you're talking about. They don't get free electricity units and free fuel. They get an allowance towards either their gas or electricity bills.

When you're 74 and feeling the cold, come back and tell us if pensioners should get the allowance.
    Same fcuking thing :rolleyes: Oh because I'm in my 20's I can't feel the cold? Get a grip.
    hondasam wrote: »
    Sure they do but oap's deserve that little bit more imo.
    Why? :confused:
    they worked all their lives and paid tax to get all that so their entitled to it
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Same fcuking thing :rolleyes: Oh because I'm in my 20's I can't feel the cold? Get a grip.

:rolleyes:

hahahaha, you've copped on that you dont know what you're talking about so? ;)

These people have worked hard and should get something back from the country. You have parents and maybe grandparents, do you not think they deserve respect?

hahahaha, you've copped on that you dont know what you're talking about so? ;)
    Allowance=Free, so off back to the kitchen there love ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm embarrassed for you. Go off to google and look up what you "think" you know. Then come back to the big kids. :rolleyes:

They should introduce a 1 cent tax on text messages. It'd raise over €60,000,000 per year.

That could ring a bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Youre done here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It's not the same thing. You have stated in this thread and others that pensioners get free electricity units and free fuel. This is factualy incorrect.

If you are going to continue to comment on OAP entitlements get the correct information.

Advertisement