Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Tea with brown Sauce is Delish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

e_e wrote: »
    Tea with milk is fecking vile.
    FYP

Milk on its own is gorgeous though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,062 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What's with all the hate for people wearing pyjamas?

If that's how they want to dress, so be it. I see a lot of people wearing stuff I wouldn't wear but I couldn't give a crap about them 'cause it's not me.

The people getting their knickers in a knot about what other people wear are just control freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What's with all the hate for people wearing pyjamas?

If that's how they want to dress, so be it. I see a lot of people wearing stuff I wouldn't wear but I couldn't give a crap about them 'cause it's not me.

The people getting their knickers in a knot about what other people wear are just control freaks.

It's not hygienic. If a woman was sitting in a café with pyjamas on she may spread infection. No underwear and feces or urine stained onto pyjamas and the risk of that being spread onto other members of the public.

Neeson wrote: »
    No underwear and feces or urine stained onto pyjamas and the risk of that being spread onto other members of the public.
    In my experience, I've never known a girl who doesn't wear knickers under her pyjamas and I'd find it odd that some do.

Also, just because someone isn't wearing pyjamas doesn't mean they don't have the same kind of stains on their clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's not hygienic. If a woman was sitting in a café with pyjamas on she may spread infection. No underwear and feces or urine stained onto pyjamas and the risk of that being spread onto other members of the public.

I reckon it has absolutely nothing to do with that. Going around wearing your pyjamas all day is a general fück you to society. The person is basically saying to everybody that they don't have to bother their holes getting dressed like normal people because they don't need to work. It's basically telling everyone you're powered by the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

You're one of those people that doesn't like touching door handles aren't you :p

In my experience, I've never known a girl who doesn't wear knickers under her pyjamas and I'd find it odd that some do.

Do you ask every girl that question?

Do you ask every girl that question?
    From being in several relationships and spending the nights with girls, I know that the only time I've seen girls not put knickers on was when they were sleeping naked.
    It's basically telling everyone you're powered by the dole.
    I don't think it's strictly a thing for people on the dole.

From being in several relationships and spending the nights with girls, I know that the only time I've seen girls not put knickers on was when they were sleeping naked.

But you don't know what the day wearers do and nobody else does unless they pull off their pants. Therefore people worry about the potential spread of infection.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's strictly a thing for people on the dole.

It's where it originates from and thus why it seems to enrage people so much.

But you don't know what the day wearers do and nobody else does unless they pull off their pants. Therefore people worry about the potential spread of infection.

I'd be more worried about builders inability to keep their flabby arses in their jeans than pyjama girls in that instance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Let's face it, this isn't why people don't like it.

I'd be more worried about builders inability to keep their flabby arses in their jeans than pyjama girls in that instance...

After building work you can get the house disinfected. But nowadays people have to go out wiping seats in restaurants and bringing mini hand hoovers to clean any mess left on the cloth-type seats you find on buses and taxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

John Lennon is more famous for crap life slogans than being a decent musician.

The Inbetweeners is muck. A load of socially awkward dorks making **** jokes about getting fanny and whatnot. Load of poo IMO. Film was just as bad too.

Well, sometimes you can see the waistband of their knickers stretching over the waistband of the pyjamas. Other times, you can see the lines of their knickers through their pyjamas so, in those cases, the question is answered.

Otherwise, I'm guessing you just assume people don't wear knickers but you've nothing to back it up with.

Well, sometimes you can see the waistband of their knickers stretching over the waistband of the pyjamas. Other times, you can see the lines of their knickers through their pyjamas so, in those cases, the question is answered.

Otherwise, I'm guessing you just assume people don't wear knickers but you've nothing to back it up with.

I've no doubt some of them wear knickers, especially during the winter months. But you'd see some without any under-layer during the balmy summer months.

After building work you can get the house disinfected. But nowadays people have to go out wiping seats in restaurants and bringing mini hand hoovers to clean any mess left on the cloth-type seats you find on buses and taxis.

I really can't figure out if you're joking or not. Do you bring a packet of anti-septic wipes and a mini-hoover with you everywhere you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have yet to see a single person do this. Are you Niles Crane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

The Irish language should just be left to its own devices. If it survives great, if not, that's life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

It is mostly the Irish peoples fault why this country is in this mess. Time after time voting in the party that gave away the most "freebies", only to be astonished to find that the money magically ran out.

I really can't figure out if you're joking or not. Do you bring a packet of anti-septic wipes and a mini-hoover with you everywhere you go?

Wipes aren't a big deal. People carry tissues in their pocket so why not wipes? You can get these small types of hoovers to clean up anything foul which might not be eradicated with a wipe. They are handy for cloth surfaces like seats on buses, taxis, the Luas, etc.

This is what i'm talking about:

00000106163-HooverWetDryCordlessHandVacS1120-large.jpeg

Wipes aren't a big deal. People carry tissues in their pocket so why not wipes? You can get these small types of hoovers to clean up anything foul which might not be eradicated with a wipe. They are handy for cloth surfaces like seats on buses, taxis, the Luas, etc.

This is what i'm talking about:

laptop-vacuum.jpg

Ah, come on… I'd be pretty fastidious about cleaning my hands during the day but that is taking it to a whole new level of germophobia. That's no way to live your life…

Ah, come on… I'd be pretty fastidious about cleaning my hands during the day but that is taking it to a whole new level of germophobia. That's no way to live your life…

Well it's important to look after yourself and do all you can to prevent illness.

It is mostly the Irish peoples fault why this country is in this mess. Time after time voting in the party that gave away the most "freebies", only to be astonished to find that the money magically ran out.

Yes, because not one other party made outlandish claims of what they'd do when if they were in power and no other party ever gave out saying that the party in government hadn't spent enough money.

I have no love for Fianna Fail in any way, shape or form but to say that they were the only party promising the sun, moon and stars during the Celtic Tiger is completely untrue.

Well it's important to look after yourself and do all you can to prevent illness.

You'd probably be better exposing yourself more to the dirt around you and developing a natural resistance to germs than spending your days wiping down and hoovering surfaces in public places tbh.

but to say that they were the only party promising the sun, moon and stars during the Celtic Tiger is completely untrue.

I didn't say that.

I didn't say that.

But Fine Gael and Labour were offering just as many 'freebies' in their election manifestos before the recession. The problem was that Fianna Fail had been in power at the right time when the economy started to rise and so were able to ride the crest of the wave. Looking at the way Fine Gael are running things makes me think that, sadly, no other potential government would have done things differently.

But Fine Gael and Labour were offering just as many 'freebies' in their election manifestos before the recession. The problem was that Fianna Fail had been in power at the right time when the economy started to rise and so were able to ride the crest of the wave. Looking at the way Fine Gael are running things makes me think that, sadly, no other potential government would have done things differently.

Ok, this is straying rather far from the point. Even in the face of the impending crisis (2007) people still voted for the very party that ran them into difficulty. Why? Because this was the same party that kept the freebies flowing. The crisis was caused by the greed of ordinary citizens, free money, houses for everyone, two holidays a year, low taxes; they voted in droves for this and something had to give eventually. But no one wanted to know and kept voting for the party to continue.

People say they couldn't have seen it coming. No? Pick up a history book. It happens over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

-- Mario Kart and Call of Duty are overrated.
    -- I hate GAA.
    -- The Godfather put me to sleep.
    -- P!nk > Beyoncé
    -- I don't like Elvis Presley or Bob Marley at all.
    -- Father Ted wasn't that funny.
    -- McDonald's isn't that bad.

No, just no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement