Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its still being advertised on their website http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Meteors receiption is terrible, joined them for 3 weeks and packed it in, back to Vodafone and haven't been shy of signal since..

I also tried to join their forums when I was with them, and 4 months later they verified my account... terrible service!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Signed up the other day. Better not try sting me with this 31 October business. No mention of a date on the site plus its still available to sign up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Logged into My Meteor a couple days ago, found a bill for €60+, despite the fact that it took them a week or more to port me, leaving about 5 days to the next bill. They'd better sort this crap out next week or there'll be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

just got the samsung galasxy s2 for €100 on bill with 400 mins and 400 texts and free meteor calls and texts and 2gb data for €25 euro a month.. happy with that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

bizz213 wrote: »
    just got the samsung galasxy s2 for €100 on bill with 400 mins and 400 texts and free meteor calls and texts and 2gb data for €25 euro a month.. happy with that..

Thats brilliant

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

got a boll for €52, cant view it yet, dow=es it come in post? I'll have war with them an only signed up mid nov, better not try that 31.Oct crap with either when I ring them and give out to them...this is nonsence

Ive said it before and Ill say it again

When you get the deal ask them for Written Confirmation...

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Kev. wrote: »
    Thats brilliant

Where did you get that?

Thats brilliant where did you see this amazing deal?

got text off meteor, there smart 50 is €25 in shops.. stays that price for life.. went in asked, dude had to ring to see if it was real.. said he heard meteor were comin out with deal just didnt know it was that good, i was just gonna go on the deal but he was like u can get the galaxy s2 for €99 or iphone 4gs for €199.. took the samsung, its good phone, still nsure if i like it better then iphone but it is a great fone.

• Advertisement

got text off meteor, there smart 50 is €25 in shops.. stays that price for life.. went in asked, dude had to ring to see if it was real.. said he heard meteor were comin out with deal just didnt know it was that good, i was just gonna go on the deal but he was like u can get the galaxy s2 for €99 or iphone 4gs for €199.. took the samsung, its good phone, still nsure if i like it better then iphone but it is a great fone.
    Great deal would love a galaxy,thanks for the tip. Any chance you could put up the wording of the text just so I know what to say when I go in tomorrow. Thanks a million

Great deal would love a galaxy,thanks for the tip. Any chance you could put up the wording of the text just so I know what to say when I go in tomorrow. Thanks a million

Fancy a new phone? PLUS 400min, 400texts and 2GB of data all for only €25 per month FOR LIFE (Save €25), when you switch to our Smart 50 plan. Visit your nearest Meteor store today with ID and proof of address. See meteor.ie for terms. To opt out, freetext UNSUB to 50010.

Fancy a new phone? PLUS 400min, 400texts and 2GB of data all for only €25 per month FOR LIFE (Save €25), when you switch to our Smart 50 plan. Visit your nearest Meteor store today with ID and proof of address. See meteor.ie for terms. To opt out, freetext UNSUB to 50010.
    Thanks a million :-)

i went to emobile shop to get fone.. i think it was little cheaper through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Yeah, my bill states 47 euro, which should be 22.50 including a pro rata charge for the first month. Luckily enough I got onto them via the online chat service and had the whole transcript sent to my email, as proof.

In it it outlines the representative declaring that my account will be changed to the 15 p/m etc. So I just emailed that onto Meteor.

I also called them and they assured me it would be applied in the coming days.

I wasn't too happy with the casual way in which they said 'if it isn't applied in the next few days it'll be applied for the next month and you'll be reimbursed the difference'. I'd rather they sorted it out now rather than later tbh - it was them that didn't apply it like they promised.

Looks like somebodys picking up a new GS2 Tommorow with that new plan for 25 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

does anyone know when this €15 deal expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

i went to emobile shop to get fone.. i think it was little cheaper through them.

Do emobile sell meteor products?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sneachta wrote: »
    Do emobile sell meteor products?

Same network, just different target market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'm on the subjects plan for €15 - happy out.

BUT

I just got a text message stating:
    "You are approaching 50mb daily mobile internet allowance. General rates (see www.meteor.ie) will then be charged. To check balance, send Balance Data to 50104"

I never knew I would have a 50mb daily limit...

According to that "Balance Data" thing I've used 49.62MB today... eek! Is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I have downloaded over 100mb in one day and I got no message like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Spoke to two Meteor stores said its only available for prepay meteor customers/new sign ups.

Meteor's Retention department told me they may be able to match the discount on the pay plan but not the phone price. They are awaiting clarity from Management which they should get in the next few days.

I'm out of contract end of the month ,so by the looks of it, I have to go back to prepay for a few days and then apply in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Any idea when this offer expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

Daniel S wrote: »
    Meteor are doing the above deal for €15 a month, it was (and still is in store) €30. It's a really good deal for smartphone users. I'm moving from the Golden SIM offer to this :)

Third one down. http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/#compare-all

It's the one that says €20, but when you add it to checkout, it's only €15.

Can I switch from prepay to billpay for this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

Sharp wrote: »
    Spoke to two Meteor stores said its only available for prepay meteor customers/new sign ups.

Meteor's Retention department told me they may be able to match the discount on the pay plan but not the phone price. They are awaiting clarity from Management which they should get in the next few days.

I'm out of contract end of the month ,so by the looks of it, I have to go back to prepay for a few days and then apply in store.

I got the Galaxy s2 for that deal last nite, although the phone cost me 130 because i moved from ready to go but it is 99 if ur already bill pay. i also had to pay 130 deposit which i think was the catch in the whole thing but this deposit goes towards your bill from 6months onwards so all works out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

07438991 wrote: »
    Can I switch from prepay to billpay for this offer?

Yes. You will need proof of both ID & address, your bank account/credit card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

G87 wrote: »
    I got the Galaxy s2 for that deal last nite, although the phone cost me 130 because i moved from ready to go but it is 99 if ur already bill pay. i also had to pay 130 deposit which i think was the catch in the whole thing but this deposit goes towards your bill from 6months onwards so all works out ok

Hi G87,

Was it a Dublin store you got the deal in as the two I enquired with Dundrum and Ilac on phone said not available to current billpay customers ???

I'd pop in tomorrow if I thought I could sign up.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

What store did ya get that deal? I've heard someone else getting it also but any shop I called don't know anything about it. What a surprise

G87 wrote: »

They check ur credit ratin before tellin ya ur deposit.. Luckily mine was zero!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Signed up for this deal last week! logged onto meteor today and checked my account and noticed that i am being charged for texting my gf who is also on meteor even though it states free meteor call and text are included! anyone else notice this??

My 200 texts have been used up and i realise that the ones i send to meteor numbers are counted towards the 200 even though there supposedly free

Advertisement