Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

If you sign up online, coming from Meteor PAYG, how long does it take to change over? Or do I need to wait for a new sim card in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Well that was quick. I just received my sim card by courier.

What do I do now? I'm porting from three.

I thought they'd ask me for copies of my drivers licence/utility bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

tui0hcg wrote: »
    was on the same 200 mins 200 texts 1GB data for €30 a month and rang them there and the girl said there was no €15 with data included so at length I tried to explain to her it was on the website.

In the end I just gave up and told here put me on the €20 a month with the 1GB of data - I think I might have to ring again and get on to someone else and get the deal for €15

Anyone else have this problem? the agents just are not at the races a lot of the time on Meteor and although they are helpful they could be better informed

Just did the same there today. As said earlier one part of meteor website says one price. When you go select it. It says other...

I tried to explain that they have incorrect pricing but she wasn't ready to admit she was wrong (typical woman :) ) so she put me on 20 pm

On the good news side I've got through twice to them in under 3 mins :) maybe their finally getting their act together...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

reading that gave me a headache so still have no idea what your bill came to but from the gist of where i finished reading its how every bill pay account ive had in the past works

so every bill pay account you have had in the past they charged you double what you were expecting to pay? i signed up for e15 p/m, they went a very roundabout way of trying to charge 30p/m

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

im...LOST wrote: »
    A deal with 3 is better than this.

top up by 20 (get 2 more for topping up online) and you get all of the below.

Unlimited free texts to any network
    Unlimited free calls to any network at weekends
    Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    All you can eat data

Also the free weekend calls include landlines and along with the free €10 30 days after top up I really don't see how it can be beat. I've been with every network and never had a problem with Three's reception. Customer service is a pain but Meteor's not much better. Apart from that I'm absolutely delighted with Three.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

im...LOST wrote: »
    A deal with 3 is better than this.

top up by 20 (get 2 more for topping up online) and you get all of the below.

Unlimited free texts to any network
    Unlimited free calls to any network at weekends
    Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    All you can eat data

Also the free weekend calls include landlines and along with the free €10 30 days after top up I really don't see how it can be beat. I've been with every network and never had a problem with Three's reception. Customer service is a pain but Meteor's not much better. Apart from that I'm absolutely delighted with Three.:D

Not every one has good reception with three , or meteor for that matter.

Three is non existant at my house. Its like meteor years ago. Jumping im the backyard looking for reception. Even when their maps says I have good coverage.

Not going to run beside the windows everytime I get a call

Has anyone else received their sim yet? What do you do next?

EDIT: Finally got through to customer care. Port done, I just have to wait 24 hours. The man was a trainee and I could hear his supervisor behind him telling him what to do. Looks like they are brining in more staff to deal with the phones.

I asked him about sending in copies of my drivers licence and a utility bill as proof of identity (as the website says I need to) but he said no, I don't need to do anything else.

That seems a bit strange? Anytime I've set up a bill pay I've always been required to provide identity. Can't be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

Elessar wrote: »
    Has anyone else received their sim yet? What do you do next?

EDIT: Finally got through to customer care. Port done, I just have to wait 24 hours. The man was a trainee and I could hear his supervisor behind him telling him what to do. Looks like they are brining in more staff to deal with the phones.

I asked him about sending in copies of my drivers licence and a utility bill as proof of identity (as the website says I need to) but he said no, I don't need to do anything else.

That seems a bit strange? Anytime I've set up a bill pay I've always been required to provide identity. Can't be right?

When you applied online you would have given your driving license number or passport number. I think this is how they confirm identity.

Just got through to Customer Care and ported over. I asked to confirm which package I'm on and he told me it was a €30 euro a month package. I have to email a different Customer Care to get them to confirm its €15 a month.

Does anyone know if I have to contact Vodafone and cancel my contract with them?

Omeceron wrote: »
    When you applied online you would have given your driving license number or passport number. I think this is how they confirm identity.

Just got through to Customer Care and ported over. I asked to confirm which package I'm on and he told me it was a €30 euro a month package. I have to email a different Customer Care to get them to confirm its €15 a month.

Does anyone know if I have to contact Vodafone and cancel my contract with them?

Yeah you'll have to cancel your vodafone contract or they'll just keep billing you.

Hmm, it just seems strange. They could not possibly have access to state controlled driver licence or passport information to confirm. Just hope I don't get a nasty surprise and get cut off for not providing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Moorsie

Should I go down this road i.e. the €15 per month sim, can I get a payg phone and plug the sim in or do I need an unlocked/sim free phone? If so does it have to be a meteor one?

Trying to figure out how to get a half decent android phone on the cheap (something like the Wildfire).

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Moorsie wrote: »
    Should I go down this road i.e. the €15 per month sim, can I get a payg phone and plug the sim in or do I need an unlocked/sim free phone? If so does it have to be a meteor one?

Trying to figure out how to get a half decent android phone on the cheap (something like the Wildfire).

Thanks in advance.

Yes,get the SIM and put it in an unlocked phone...ie a phone that is not locked to a particular network.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

tui0hcg wrote: »
    was on the same 200 mins 200 texts 1GB data for €30 a month and rang them there and the girl said there was no €15 with data included so at length I tried to explain to her it was on the website.

In the end I just gave up and told here put me on the €20 a month with the 1GB of data - I think I might have to ring again and get on to someone else and get the deal for €15

Anyone else have this problem? the agents just are not at the races a lot of the time on Meteor and although they are helpful they could be better informed
    Just did the same there today. As said earlier one part of meteor website says one price. When you go select it. It says other...

I tried to explain that they have incorrect pricing but she wasn't ready to admit she was wrong (typical woman :) ) so she put me on 20 pm

On the good news side I've got through twice to them in under 3 mins :) maybe their finally getting their act together...

Wife rang up and got through in 15 mins
    She was on €50 400mins 400texts and 2GB data and she swapped down to the 200 + 200 +1GB and tried to tell the agent about the €15 per month on the website - they wouldn't believe her but said that if it was true then it would not include free texts and calls to other Meteor numbers
    in the end she just took the deal at €20 as that's saving her €30 per month and she has free calls and texts to me so she is well covered

Great spot OP
    Best deal in ages
    We are coming in to line with other countries for mobile charges now - have a look at some deals you can get for £20 sterling in the UK - massive minutes and texts etc
    about time we started to cop on

Thanks Kev. But would the sim work in say a Meteor PAYG phone (i.e. would it be locked to act as a PAYG only)?

I assume a PAYG is cheaper than a Sim Free.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moorsie wrote: »
    Thanks Kev. But would the sim work in say a Meteor PAYG phone (i.e. would it be locked to act as a PAYG only)?

I assume a PAYG is cheaper than a Sim Free.

Yes it would work fine in a meteor PAYG phone. It wouldn't work with a PAYG phone on any other network though.

That's the road for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmmm... was gonna go for the Sup plan on Three.

But this looks damn good.

Might pick up a free sim in Meteor at the weekend and see how coverage is in my "black-hole-zero-signal house" before moving.

Is there an expiry date on signing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Just to let people there is available a 200mins/200texts and free meteor to meteor calls but no data included.

Its a SIM only plan, 1 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just to let people there is available a 200mins/200texts and free meteor to meteor calls but no data included.

Link? How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Link? How much?

Think its the top one on this list, 30euro in store, 15 euro online. Data add on available.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

I joined from meteor pre pay to the bill pay lite offer, the number I they sent me a text to phone them on 1800 777 085 as they had a query with my address.

As I swiched online I know I signed upto the 200 min, 200tex & 1gb data offer.

If they charge me for the data, then to me its a breach of contract.

Will wait and see....

• Advertisement

Link? How much?

Sorry pal no link.

Any decent offer I have ever received from Meteor has always came direct from their call centre.

I've rang at least 5 times with the intention of leaving them, or changing to PAYG.
    However whenever I do they always offer to knock a couple of quid of the price of my tariff. Sometimes they let me get as far as the cancellation department, but as of yet they always pull something out of the bag!.

My first couple of attempts at leaving them were genuine, but its got to the stage now where every few months I just ring them up to knock down my monthly price.

I'm convinced that if you have a good credit record with them, they will not let you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

whats meteor coverage like in galway does anyone know they were poor a few years ago, looks good any offer from o2 etc that will match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Why would this be better than the original deal?

As far as I can see the OP is 200calls/texts/1gb/ and free meteor to meteor calls for €15. So you get data included in the original deal

groom wrote: »
    Why would this be better than the original deal?

As far as I can see the OP is 200calls/texts/1gb/ and free meteor to meteor calls for €15. So you get data included in the original deal

If it included free meteor to meteor calls and texts it is a better deal; and I'll be giving meteor a call myself about my own tariff!.

I think this is a bit confused on the Meteor website.
    On one screen I get -

€15 /month €30 in store SIM only 1 month 200 mins 200 texts Add-ons available 30c calls 10c texts Free Meteor calls & texts. Free SIM

I select this one. I then choose a free sim . then I get

Bill Pay Smart Lite €30 €15 (Online discounted monthly cost) 1 month 200 mins 200 texts 1 GB

which now includes 1GB and doesn't say anything about the Free Meteor calls and texts

I asked customer service and they said the deal is without 1gb included -
    so clear as mud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

if you click the orange question mark on the 2nd screen beside Bill Pay Smart Lite €30, it tells you what the plan entails.
    Why choose Bill Pay Smart Lite €30?
    Bill Pay Smart Lite €30
    Minimum contract length 1 month
    Price per month €15.00
    Inclusive minutes 200
    Inclusive texts 200
    Inclusive data 1 GB
    Meteor to Meteor calls Free
    Meteor to Meteor texts Free
    Calls to other networks and landlines 25c / min
    Texts to other networks 10c / text
    Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

my sim arrived yesterday. I called meteor 3 times to try and port over and have been disconnected 3 times after 20 mins. Got a bill in the post this morning as well for 3.50. I cant see how they can charge me when i havent even ported over yet...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Contact them through their forum and they will do it that way for you.

vodkatime wrote: »
    my sim arrived yesterday. I called meteor 3 times to try and port over and have been disconnected 3 times after 20 mins. Got a bill in the post this morning as well for 3.50. I cant see how they can charge me when i havent even ported over yet...
    I've seen in a number of forums that alot of people are having trouble getting through to Meteor and it made me hesitant to port back to them but I've had reason to call them 3 times over the last few days (twice this morning) and gotten straight through to talk to a human. These were calls to 1905 and 1890 808 585

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I never had problems getting through to them, but I had problems getting through to them in the other sense of the word.

Advertisement