Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

meteorsmartlite.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

4 days effort to get everything in order, just received a micro sim card from meteor company by post, and made a call to their customer care team, double check with their sales over the phone about the offer( 15 euro with 200mins & text, 1gb data usage)

happy days.

but the duration of call waiting time is more than 30 mins. hopefully i do not need to call their customer service team again...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ok FINALLY I got clarification from customer service, after emailing stuff (at) meteor.ie.

Meteor do not require you to send in ID details (passport etc) for sim only contracts.

I encourage anyone to email the above address as each time I had a reply within an hour. I asked for a call back today and got one 30 mins after I sent the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

grrrrrr... my contract is up so i rang them and they rang me back.

I had an 18 contract HTC desire 200mins 200texts and 1gb without free meteor texts and calls = €30

They offered me a new contract without a handset for €25 and free meteor texts and calls.

Its still a good deal but seeing this now leaves me a bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Last Thursday signed up my mum to this. She got her sim card today. Rang up meteor (15 mins on the line). Her number was moved in under 2 hours. She's all happy now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Trilla wrote: »
    grrrrrr... my contract is up so i rang them and they rang me back.

I had an 18 contract HTC desire 200mins 200texts and 1gb without free meteor texts and calls = €30

They offered me a new contract without a handset for €25 and free meteor texts and calls.

Its still a good deal but seeing this now leaves me a bit disappointed.

Tell them to do one,i was in the same situation,and im now on thst deal for 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

I rang on Thursday night to port over and I'm still not switched.

3 calls and 1 hour on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I dunno if this has been said already but they're moving call centres at the moment, this is causing the long hold times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

This looks like a great package. What would be the actual downtime if porting from VF?

I don't care if it takes a few days, but does the VF sim stop working and the Meteor sim become useable immediately, or is there a gap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I'm trying to setup Droid Stats. Does anyone know when they billing cycle starts and ends with Metoer? I was told by customer service that it was the 10th of every month but on MyMeteor login it says that I have to use all remaining texts/calls by Dec 4th?? Anyone have any idea??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

This looks like a great package. What would be the actual downtime if porting from VF?

I don't care if it takes a few days, but does the VF sim stop working and the Meteor sim become useable immediately, or is there a gap?

My vodafone sim stopped working, put in meteor sim, downtime maybe 2 mins :)

Trying to port over not so good, ring meteor about 3 times before someone answered phone, then they requested pre pay instead of bill pay, port rejected start all over again, email meteor no response, call few times. Finally done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Have been trying to get then to move my number from pre pay to bill pay sense 10 o clock yesterday morning and still didn't happen called close to 15 times now and every one I talk to has a different story for me. They are telling me now that it won't happen till Monday evening now

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Thanks to the OP for spotting this. I just finished an 18 month contract with meteor and got moved to this plan.

The first time I rang up, the rep told me that the offer is for new customers only, so I was stuck paying €30 pm. I rang back today and a different rep moved me over no hassle. Keep trying if you're getting fobbed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

This may have been asked already sorry if it has, but when does ur month contract start? From when you order the sim or from when you change your number over?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Rochey18 wrote: »
    This may have been asked already sorry if it has, but when does ur month contract start? From when you order the sim or from when you change your number over?

Neither, it's on their billing cycle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Neither, it's on their billing cycle.

Which is??? The 4th or the 10th or someother date??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 feelingwoof

Ballyman wrote: »
    Which is??? The 4th or the 10th or someother date??

Log onto their website and it'll show all your details there including how many minutes you have. I think it's the 24th of every month.

Thanks to the OP for this offer, i finally signed over today after recieving my sim card, went into the shop and changed my number it was all done in 10mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm currently on an O2 Golden Sim but tempted to switch to this deal,it looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm currently on an O2 Golden Sim but tempted to switch to this deal,it looks very good.
    I've just done this for my dad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Sorry guys if this has been said before , but i'm on this deal but paying 35 quid for it a month

I'm outta contract though so is there anyway i can swap to this online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 markjk

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry guys if this has been said before , but i'm on this deal but paying 35 quid for it a month

My contract is ending on the 2nd of Dec so I rang customer service and they are switching me to that deal when the contract ends, you should do the same, although the new customer "Service" is fairly painful but you will eventually get to talk actually real person. Its just takes about 25 mins between all the menu's and terrible hold music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Kenno90 wrote: »

Ya call them - they switched me from the €30 and the wife from the €50 deal to €20 for 200 mins 200 texts etc deal - told me the €15 on the website was a mistake or only for new users. They really didn't have much of a clue so we just took the €20 deal to save the argument - great deal even at €20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I just moved from this plan @€;25/month to the €15 a month

From a meteor phone dial 1905

Press 1
    Enter Pin
    Press 4
    Press #
    Listen to snow patrol

Ask to switch

I was told that it was only available to new customers:

I basically said, the reason i go with rolling contracts is that im free to move whenever I feel i can get a better deal else where, and if i didnt get it at this price I want to cancel my contract and be moved to PAYG. I was put on hold for 2 mins and was then told that i would get the new deal

Good luck everyone! Also if they try tell you there is now data included, they are wrong! It clearly states that there is online!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Also if they try tell you there is no data included, they are wrong! It clearly states that there is online!

Be wary - I switched to a rolling 30 day contract last year and they said data included.....but.......I went through 4 months of hell as they kept sending me bills for €4000+ each month as my plan didn't include data according to their computer when it clearly stated that it did on my contract
    They kept trying to cut me off and threaten me with court action if I didn't pay. Looks like their system is a bit messed up and the 'Computer Says No' attitude is the line they will take

Sorted eventually after numerous days on the phone to them and faxing in bills and contracts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Press 1
    Enter Pin
    Press 4
    Press #
    Listen to snow patrol
    No Bargain Alert is worth that! :pac:

My free Meteor sim arrived to parents house the other day.. must pick it up and see how coverage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I ported today. The 1890 808 585 number is the way to go. I got the snow patrol with the other numbers but consistently straight in with that number. Don't put in any number and you get talking to a person straight away.

That's not the end of it though. First attempt the person told me number belonged to someone else and was generally not with it so I needed to hang up and try again to talk to someone different. After that I was ported before the call ended

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

groom wrote: »
    I ported today. The 1890 808 585 number is the way to go. I got the snow patrol with the other numbers but consistently straight in with that number. Don't put in any number and you get talking to a person straight away.

That's not the end of it though. First attempt the person told me number belonged to someone else and was generally not with it so I needed to hang up and try again to talk to someone different. After that I was ported before the call ended

Ordered online on Saturday, sim pack delivered by courier on Tuesday afternoon. Rang the 1890 number and got through more or less immediately and made arrangements to port. Number ported about 26 hours later. Can't fault that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Took out a new contract with 3 last week, got a new phone and an 18 month contract @ €30pm. Started to use the new phone, took off the protective coverings and everything, but didn't use the new sim card. Seen this deal on here, cancelled the 3 account, put the phone back in the box and post it off to 3. Just got a txt today to say they recieved the phone and contract cancelled:D.

Ported over to Meteor on Monday, very happy with this deal. Coverage is good everywhere, except at the back door in work were i doss:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

chaohao wrote: »
    wow, doyou like this?? http://tinyurl.com/7xvdcp8

9 new posts in the last 5 minutes.... not clicking on this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I am on a €25/month meteor package with 200min/200txt/1gb data which does me fine,
    I took it out in september. Is there any way for me to get this deal or am I locked into the 18 months for 25euro ? Thanks lads

Advertisement