Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 meleady26

gaving wrote: »
    Signed up for this deal last week! logged onto meteor today and checked my account and noticed that i am being charged for texting my gf who is also on meteor even though it states free meteor call and text are included! anyone else notice this??

My 200 texts have been used up and i realise that the ones i send to meteor numbers are counted towards the 200 even though there supposedly free

Was waiting for a reply like this, they did this to me last year on a bill as well, i just rang and said i wasn't paying, they send out a few letters and then give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

meleady26 wrote: »
    Was waiting for a reply like this, they did this to me last year on a bill as well, i just rang and said i wasn't paying, they send out a few letters and then give up.

I see from the forum on there website that this seems to be a common problem with them recently. will be ringing them tomorrow to get it sorted out and if i have no joy dd will be cancelled and back to payg ill go

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

Sharp wrote: »
    Hi G87,

Was it a Dublin store you got the deal in as the two I enquired with Dundrum and Ilac on phone said not available to current billpay customers ???

I'd pop in tomorrow if I thought I could sign up.

Thanks.

Got it in blanch S.C.
    bizz213 wrote: »
    They check ur credit ratin before tellin ya ur deposit.. Luckily mine was zero!!

the banks must be sketchy of me so.. ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

corklad32 wrote: »
    What store did ya get that deal? I've heard someone else getting it also but any shop I called don't know anything about it. What a surprise

Douglas village emobile shop..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

If porting from another network do you need to ring your current network to cancel or is this all handled as part of the port?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

antomack wrote: »
    If porting from another network do you need to ring your current network to cancel or is this all handled as part of the port?

Your new network will sort all that for you providing you don't owe any money to your old network..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Saw this in Android forum...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75969291&postcount=1007

Anyone know if any of the Dublin stores doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

bizz213 wrote: »
    Fancy a new phone? PLUS 400min, 400texts and 2GB of data all for only €25 per month FOR LIFE (Save €25), when you switch to our Smart 50 plan. Visit your nearest Meteor store today with ID and proof of address. See meteor.ie for terms. To opt out, freetext UNSUB to 50010.

Tried that , the shop knew nothing about it !
    rang them also and they know nothing either..

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

John mac wrote: »
    Tried that , the shop knew nothing about it !
    rang them also and they know nothing either..
    Ya the Cork stores know about it - at least Wilton and Blackpool do. Signed up today and got the nexus for €149! Sweet. think the offer went live on Tuesday of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 30 westham_irish

Anyone know if this 400min, 400texts and 2GB of data all for only €25 per month FOR LIFE (Save €25) deal include free meteor to meteor txts and calls and if so is it for the full 18months. Iv seen some of there bill pay contracts that are 18months but you only get the free txts and calls for 12months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭needhelpguy

Well after emailing stuff [at] meteor.ie they've applied the discount to my account and credited me €10 for the first month but I'm still being charged €35 for two months??

Is this €15/month deal excluding VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Anyone know if this 400min, 400texts and 2GB of data all for only €25 per month FOR LIFE (Save €25) deal include free meteor to meteor txts and calls and if so is it for the full 18months. Iv seen some of there bill pay contracts that are 18months but you only get the free txts and calls for 12months

I'm really interested in this too. Has to be some sort of catch! It's too good. I'm currently PAYG with the €20 text and browse deal but if this deal is on I'm moving to billpay and getting me a new Samsung :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimstir

What is meteor coverage like? Is any good in rural/farming areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Meteor coverage is generally excellent. I have been with all the main operators & Meteor matches the 2 Big Boys reception-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

jimstir wrote: »
    What is meteor coverage like? Is any good in rural/farming areas?
    Meteor coverage is generally excellent. I have been with all the main operators & Meteor matches the 2 Big Boys reception-wise.

I'd have to disagree. Meteor coverage in Dublin is fine but it's awful in places. Two weeks ago I travelled Dublin-Waterford-Cork-Killarney-Cork-Dublin over two days and dropped every single call while on the road. And I was never off the main roads really. Using the same phone on the same roads with VF dropping a call would be very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Same problem

Arrived home to find bill for €30 PCM instead of €15pcm. Silly Meteor. Still on hold of course. Should be as simple of just credit back the money and making sure the next 11 months are €15pcm.

Here's hoping. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

I'd have to disagree. Meteor coverage in Dublin is fine but it's awful in places. Two weeks ago I travelled Dublin-Waterford-Cork-Killarney-Cork-Dublin over two days and dropped every single call while on the road. And I was never off the main roads really. Using the same phone on the same roads with VF dropping a call would be very unusual.

Were you talking on the phone while driving? Tut tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

rothai wrote: »

I think you'll find hands free has been common since the last century/ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

rothai wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Signed up last month too, but am being charged at the €30/month rate. Fired off an email to get it changed.

I've an email from them when I signed up saying that the monthly amount will be €15.

They've really made a hames of the billing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Most of my travel has been in the other half of Ireland. Never had a problem till I went to a match in the Aviva:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Has anyone who's getting charged €30 successfully had them say that that is the wrong amount and it should be €15.

What about the chap a few pages back saying he was told that it had to be availed of before Oct 31st? Was that baloney?

As far as I can see, after clearing cookies etc, that it's still available right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

got a paper bill for 45 rang them up and they said it was an error and that the correct amount would be debited. I was skeptical but debit came out and was the correct amount so fair play to them.

(your mileage may vary though)

Signed up in mid November btw so the October thing looks to be a mistake. Plus it's still advertised on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

jebus I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

got a paper bill for 45 rang them up and they said it was an error and that the correct amount would be debited. I was skeptical but debit came out and was the correct amount so fair play to them.

(your mileage may vary though)

Signed up in mid November btw so the October thing looks to be a mistake. Plus it's still advertised on their site.

Same story for me, Paper bill showed 44 but rang and sorted it, bill eventually was 24(15 +9)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

podge018 wrote: »
    Has anyone who's getting charged €30 successfully had them say that that is the wrong amount and it should be €15.

What about the chap a few pages back saying he was told that it had to be availed of before Oct 31st? Was that baloney?

As far as I can see, after clearing cookies etc, that it's still available right now?

Yeah, I'd say that October date was baloney.

My account showed up a 47 euro charge. I called them to rectify it (they promised me they were proceeding to change the details but never did) and then I eventually emailed info@meteor.ie and subsequently stuff@meteor.ie to amend the amount.

Info@meteor.ie returned correspondance and gave me 20 euro discount off my first bill for any inconvenience caused etc.

Then stuff@meteor.ie got back pretty promptly as well to notify me of the costs for the month, which with the discount was 3 euro. Pretty good, that.

During the email discussion it was like pulling teeth though - trying to extract the amended breakdown of the bill took a lot of simplifying and question asking. Got there in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Same problem

Arrived home to find bill for €30 PCM instead of €15pcm. Silly Meteor. Still on hold of course. Should be as simple of just credit back the money and making sure the next 11 months are €15pcm.

Here's hoping. :rolleyes:

Why can't they get this right?:pac: It seems to have happened to plenty of people on here, so surely it's a widespread error. I only signed up last month so they still haven't rectified it. Maybe they're hoping people don't take them up on it and overlook the first bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

In no way am I standing up for them, but I very much doubt its an intended ploy, its backfiring massively if it is:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I signed up for the offer, and I received the SIM.

But after reading the comments on the last couple of pages here I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of actually following through with a port and becoming a Meteor customer. Sounds like a shambles.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I signed up to the €15 deal mid November. It took 3 shop visits and 2 long customer care calls to get my number ported. Seriously how hard is it to port a fecking number!!

Then got my €48 bill yesterday, I've only had the bill phone activated 6 days :rolleyes: Spent 30 mins on hold this morning, got through to a guy and asked what plan I'm on. €30 a month he says. Told him my woes, he said he'll fix it, back date it and credit me €15. Absolutely no idea what my new bill will be like anyway. He promised €48 will not be taken out of my account.

Here's hoping it's sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had my Comreg complaint against Meteor regaring my 72+ porting resolved on one number and came home to find a bill for the other number for €30 when , like I said it should have been €15. Called up and I'd say with 40 minutes on the phone it was sorted but not without pulling hens teeth over the phone with a complete moron.

Put on hold 11 times. The last time(far too patient I am) I said "Why are you putting me on hold?" "I need to ask the other team again". "Let me speak to the other team so"

He wanted to cancel the contract and set up a new contract because he hadn't heard of the €15pcm for 12 months contract. I asked him to tell me he was joking because surely a SALES AGENT would know what is for sale on their own website.

Pathetic really.

It is fixed now but dear god......................hens teeth FFS. :mad:

Also imagine this. I pay €45pcm and cannot ring or text meteor to meteor for free yet my missus can on €15pcm. :confused:
    Absolutely no idea what my new bill will be like anyway. He promised €48 will not be taken out of my account.

Here's hoping it's sorted.

Our DD is not due till the 22nd December and he said the credit takes 2-3 days which really means 7-10 days but it should be fixed by then.

Advertisement