Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I thought it was a good show but as others said before I thought the O2 stewards weren't very nice at all I got up to take a picture from row 2 in the risers just behind ringside and your man told me to sit down and the female steward told me that the people standing there had paid to stand there (talking about ringside) but the match hadn't started yet. I told her that I had paid the exact same amount as them and that I wasn't in front of them I was behind them. Same male steward must of told two 7 or 8 year olds in the row in front of me to sit down about 10 times.

Also thanks to RobbingBandit on here who gave me a band to meet Zack Ryder.

Match of the night was Ziggler/Big E vs. Team Hell No. I thought it was great to see William Regal get cheered as well, I've been going to wrestling shows here for years and he was always booed. Good fun except for the stewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I had a FhaaaaanThaaaastick time last night.

The signing was good as always! I brought Kaitlyn a packet of stick on moustaches and found the attached pic on her twitter. She was so lovely and very friendly (not to mention she's even more gorgeous in person)

I was Block D row C at Ringside which was a great seat. I marked out for just about every Heel on the show.

I was seated with a lot of Smarks nearby so there was a few funny chants.
    I'm quite proud for starting both the "Codys moustache" and "you still got it" chants during the show.

The merch was S###E! They were selling Sheamus Shirts from his debut! I ended up getting a Miz shirt and a Ryder headband.

All in all it was a great show with a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Dwaegon wrote: »
    Enjoyed the show although the match card was pretty weak.

Tiered seating in row 19 was pretty great, o2 is a decent venue for house shows!

Worst part was the vendors walking around. I was near the aisle and every single time they walked by either the candyfloss pole or the ice-cream sign would completely obstruct my view. Worst of all, they appeared to be attempting to interact with the kids as they walked by, the kids in front of us went ballistic a few times as they walked by but rightfully the dad was having none of their ridiculous prices. Seems quite underhanded to target the kids though...

Enjoyed the show as did my 6 year old. Bug Cena fan so he was delighted.
    I was in row 28 right on the edge as well and the bloody guys with the candy floss kept blocking my view. Save it for the time in between bouts lads. It's not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

leggo wrote: »
    I wasn't at the event but, just to balance the conversation, I don't think WWE guys (or celebs in general) should be obligated to sign autographs if they aren't on the job, so in the hotel etc. To fans they'll always be 'JOHN CENA' but at that moment they're just a guy hungry for their dinner or needing their bed, like any of us after a day's work.

It's nice that some guys do stop and take pics etc, but that's just them being sound.

Now when they're on the job that's a completely different story.

I would definitely echo what Leggo is saying here lads. The amount of people on here complaining about wrestlers in hotel lobby's not signing etc is shocking! Wheres the common sense guys? These people are contracted to perform wrestling matches and on certain occasions Official signings, appearances etc. When they are seen at Hotels and airports by fans they are just going about what essentially is their daily lives, thinking about food, working out,other commitments and then get ambushed. You paid to see them wrestle at the o2 only,they're not on the job 24/7,so lets show some respect. You'd almost think some people expect wrestlers striding through a hotel lobby to be part of the show that day and they didn't get their moneys worth or something,haha. Speaking negatively about John Cena and others along with the entire company itself because they didnt do what you wanted them to do in their free time is crazy. Yes wrestlers are normal people with free time like us and aren't obligated to do anything but their job, thats perfectly reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, like I totally get why people would chance their arm - if it works then you've got a great story plus you may never get another chance to meet these lads - but just think it's a bit harsh to slate them unless it's an official deal.

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah, like I totally get why people would chance their arm - if it works then you've got a great story plus you may never get another chance to meet these lads - but just think it's a bit harsh to slate them unless it's an official deal.

Agreed. I love getting the chance to meet these guys also and its amazing when they do, but I'm just delighted for the opportunity to get anything extra like this outside of the show. We should be grateful for the guys that do and understanding for the ones that dont :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Was at the show last night with me 7 year old son. We were in Section C 18 rows back had a great view (when the candy-floss bloke wasn't in the way!!) I echo every sentiment here with regards to the merch. The quality was utter ****e. The young-fella had authentic Cena gear bought from the official site going to the event and bought Ryback t-shirt and cap at it. The difference between the 2 sets is staggering. I was cutting strings from the Ryback cap at breakfast this morning ffs!!
    Some of the wrestlers were well below what I'd expected. Thought the table stipulation in the main event turned it into a slower match. Cena seemed to have NO interest in being there. Never interacted before or after to the 'Let's go Cena / Cena sucks' chants. Brodus Clay managed to get gassed in the 8 person inter gender tag match. He is a big bloke so I'll cut him a bit of slack. Tag title match was the most entertaining match of the night but I'll give credit where it's due I thought the DIVA's told the best story of the night helped no end by Vickie Guerrero.
    The most important thing for me was that the young-fella enjoyed himself and he really did, I've some great footage of his reactions to wrestler entries etc. Although he did get a bit rattled when queueing for merch as there was no order and a bit too much scrimmaging by the grown-ups..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, the way the scrum forms at the merch stands is horrible as well. It wouldn't be that hard to form some sort of barricades for lines. They do it at the other shops...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I doubt any show at the O2 have so many people intent on buying merch at the shows. Impossible task i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

esprimo wrote: »
    I would definitely echo what Leggo is saying here lads. The amount of people on here complaining about wrestlers in hotel lobby's not signing etc is shocking! Wheres the common sense guys? These people are contracted to perform wrestling matches and on certain occasions Official signings, appearances etc. When they are seen at Hotels and airports by fans they are just going about what essentially is their daily lives, thinking about food, working out,other commitments and then get ambushed. You paid to see them wrestle at the o2 only,they're not on the job 24/7,so lets show some respect. You'd almost think some people expect wrestlers striding through a hotel lobby to be part of the show that day and they didn't get their moneys worth or something,haha. Speaking negatively about John Cena and others along with the entire company itself because they didnt do what you wanted them to do in their free time is crazy. Yes wrestlers are normal people with free time like us and aren't obligated to do anything but their job, thats perfectly reasonable.

Substitute a footballer, pop star or actor in there for a wrestler and your long post reveals itself to be utter tripe lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Liamalone wrote: »
    Substitute a footballer, pop star or actor in there for a wrestler and your long post reveals itself to be utter tripe lol

I don't see how, tbh. With the possible exception of a pop star, whose job is to be popular moreso than actually musically talented...and therefore live or die on their relationship with their fans. Justin Bieber is famous because young girls dream about marrying him one day. He has to keep up that illusion to stay famous. Pro-wrestlers are famous for what they do in the ring, footballers for what they do on the pitch, actors in movies/TV etc.

I DO think that wrestlers, actors and celebs owe a certain debt of gratitude to their fans who made them famous to begin with. I don't, however, think that debt extends as far as every waking moment of their lives while they're in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

PinkFly wrote: »
    That was me!! :)

I was a few seats back from you... on the bus back home :pac:

I was second row for Belfast and tiered seating for Dublin, and of course sitting second row ringside was a nightmare. I was in Block B row 5 for the Dublin show and I had a perfect view, until the guy selling the candy floss would walk by.

as soon as the first match was over all the kids came running down the steps and I was thinking to myself, this is going to be such a nightmare but thankfully one of the stewards put a stop to it and told them to go back to their seats, they did continue to do it but they didn't get that far down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

Here's a few photos from the Dublin show.

v6nmg1.jpg

296c6v.jpg

345znrn.jpg

5k3gxv.jpg

29zbqu0.jpg

2e5o45l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Our poster made it on the WWE website!! Our claim to fame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whether I agree with you or not is immaterial. The fact you typed lol makes you lose this particular contest.

Thought the show was a bit of craic. I've long avoided these shows from WWE because I always figured they'd phone it on on house shows. (I've always gone to TNA here in Dublin, they usually pull out the stops ...bar Kurt and Sting last time). This time I actually got tickets as a present and decided I would just check my insider/smark attitude at the door and try enjoy it like a kid would. Actually it's hard not to buzz off all the little kids going absolutely nuts for their heroes and I'd love if I had kids one day who would be able to do the same!

Was a good bit of fun with Regal being a great little treat. Ziggler is the man though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sheamus suggesting he might be in Dublin for the show in November - I might have to go so even though my normal tag partner for the events is unavailable.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Whether I agree with you or not is immaterial. The fact you typed lol makes you lose this particular contest.

Don't know who made it into a contest but I'm guessing that you do agree with me and therefore declare myself the winner by a hairy arsed pin. Thanks :P (lol)

I dont really understand what you are saying. How can someone's post become "tripe" as you say because you substitute your own words into my point, that would make it your post then.
    Footballers, pop stars and actors of course do their fair share of autograph signing and taking pictures too but likewise I'm sure many of them have rushed through public spaces with lingering fans trying to get their attention. My point was simply that we shouldn't judge and slate these people along with their company for what they do with their free time in public is all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Was at the Dublin show, my first WWE house show in quite a while, ended up just going with the lads as the kids I'd agreed to take got seats closer to the stage and went with their dad.

My feeling with wrestling shows is that it's hard not to have a good time. You're basically going there to make noise indoors in the company of other similarly unhinged people. We were sitting way in the back and were yelling our asses off, having the craic, but the section just wasn't into it.

My theory is: it's not the kids at fault, it's the uninterested parents. There was six of us and a couple of nearby pockets of smarks chanting, cheering, booing and just making noise the whole way through the show - but when the couple of rows of kids in front of us started joining in I could see their fat mothers with €70 haircuts grab em by the arm and say "Fiachra, sit down for God's sake, you're making a holy show of yourself."

I've had a great time antagonising kids at wrestling shows in the past (I mean in a fun way, not in a neckbeard-swiping-merch-thrown-from-the-ring kind of way) but god damn there were so many kids in the upper tiers that were just told to sit quiet and not say or do anything.

Also, the O2 staff were horrendous. Down to the taking the caps off the bottles of coke so you're compelled to drink faster it was an utterly disrespectful corralling of paying customers from start to finish.

We had the craic, but going forward for 60 bob I'd want to make sure I'm paying to be in a section where people are going to make a bit of noise and actually understand what it means to go to a wrestling show (and the O2 would want to cop on a little). Again, I have no issue with kids being around (wasn't in the front rows mind) but ugh the parents are a drag.

Suggestion: next time out, smarks agree to cannibalise one particular section of the arena when tickets go on sale so we at least be assured of a little noise.

esprimo wrote: »
    I dont really understand what you are saying. How can someone's post become "tripe" as you say because you substitute your own words into my point, that would make it your post then.
    Footballers, pop stars and actors of course do their fair share of autograph signing and taking pictures too but likewise I'm sure many of them have rushed through public spaces with lingering fans trying to get their attention. My point was simply that we shouldn't judge and slate these people along with their company for what they do with their free time in public is all. :)

If Man Utd or Westlife were on tour you can bet your bottom dollar that they wouldn't ignore fans like Cena did. They are on tour representing the brand that funds their pocket, ignoring fans completely is out of order, a simple autograph or two as someone said earlier on before moving on at least.

As for the company, I'm glad I'm not into wrestling as the wrestling on show was poor from what I could see, only felt I was watching proper skilled wrestlers during the Cena match and the Team Hell No match. Really poor line up imo, just glad the wee man didn't care.

As for the company, I'm glad I'm not into wrestling as the wrestling on show was poor from what I could see, only felt I was watching proper skilled wrestlers during the Cena match and the Team Hell No match. Really poor line up imo, just glad the wee man didn't care.

nathan-fillion-firefly-gif.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Stuff like this is why I honestly feel kinda bad for Cena, nothing the guy does at this point is ever going to be enough for everyone. If the guy stopped to sign every autograph he was asked for the guy would never sleep. He honestly seems to me to be a guy who busts his ass for the company and his fans, but he still gets sh!t.

There was a Raw a while ago that he wasn't on and people here were astonished - that alone shows how rare it is for the guy to even take a week off at this point, he's gotta be on the road at least 300 days a year at this point, and that's without all the media and charity work he does (he spent the day after Mania doing a bunch of media before Raw for example and has granted more Make A Wish wishes than anyone else has ever done, not just in WWE, but out of everyone).

These guys work their asses off to put on a show, just because you tune in or buy a ticket doesn't mean you frigging own them. Have a little perspective and weigh thousands of hours of entertainment and god knows how much other stuff against him having the audacity to walk to a bus.

"But other celebrities do it!" - no they don't, they don't even come near the level of fan interaction wrestlers do and they don't have anywhere near as hectic a schedule and often nowhere near as large a fanbase, not by a long shot, so cut them some slack and don't be so selfish.

nathan-fillion-firefly-gif.gif

Alright then, just during the Team Hell No match then.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

So Thursday at 9pm the tickets for November go on sale?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

From earlier in the thread
    Are the tickets out yet?
    PinkFly wrote: »
    Thursday at 9

Your Qs can be answered by Ticketmaster.ie, it's not hidden! Best just bookmark this page. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004A91AB182F83?artistid=1848807&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27

Onsale to General Public
    Start: Thu 25/04/13, 09:00

o2 presale
    Start: Tue 23/04/13, 09:00
    End: Thu 25/04/13, 08:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Shall I tell you what I expect ? Common courtesy to children who are togged out in merchandise, who are paying cica 200 per family to see stars who are representing a billion dollar company.
    How can most of the guys take time ( max 10 mins ) to sign squiggles on paper that mean the world to children and will be always remembered, while some just blast through, heads down.
    At least Sandow got into character and played it well.
    The WWE propaganda machine shows constant references by stars to fans, how important they are etc so maybe they should walk the walk.

Nobody is obliged to buy their merchandise. That's your choice. The fact remains, that they do not owe you anything. I'm glad common sense is prevailing on this thread. IMO, there is something drastic missing in your life if you stand around hotel lobbies trying to meet wrestlers - male or female.

They tour the world all year, every year. They supply unparalleled hours of entertainment to anybody who wishes to enjoy it.

Buying a ticket or some merchandise is probably the least you can do.

I'm amazed most of them are so nice to people who are essentially stalkers.

IMO, there is something drastic missing in your life if you stand around hotel lobbies trying to meet wrestlers - male or female.

Ah here, this nonsense annoys me no end.

I'm the very one who has said before that standing outside the hotel doesn't appeal to me, and I agree that the wrestlers are under no real obligation to preform anywhere except at the arena.

But trying to imply someone has no life because they want to meet the wrestlers is horrible tbh, and since wrestling fans get enough abuse off others, we could do without turning on each other. I fully understand why someone would want to see and meet the wrestlers; fans tend to dedicate a lot of time and money into their love of wrestling. People are right to say wrestlers shouldn't be expected to be in character at the hotels though. But let's leave the petty insult comments like that out of the debate please.

And I was only kidding Liamalone. If you enjoyed the match, fair play. Just unusually to see someone say Cena's match was the most skillful one on the card :P

• Advertisement

TeamShadowClan, I know nowt about wrestling though lol. As someone who knows very little it was just them two matches that made me feel as if I was watching proper WWE, as I said in a post after the event I thoroughly enjoyed it all but the other matches were more fun than skill. Good fun though :)

Advertisement