Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Hey guys - stayin in the clarion tonight - do the guys come straight back from the o2 or do they wait a while and then head back to the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hey guys - stayin in the clarion tonight - do the guys come straight back from the o2 or do they wait a while and then head back to the hotel?

Well the last couple of times I was up there I stayed in Jurys or just drove back home but usually by the time we got out of the o2 and walked back up the quays they'd hit the clarion by the time we walked past so give it 30-45 mins after the show ends? give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

I stayed in the Hilton in Belfast a few years ago when they were there.
    They came back pretty much straight after the show went to have something to eat then came out to sign and have photos taken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

hye folks,

If anyone is interested I will be having a drink or 3 in Jurys on the Quays before the show tonight. will be meeting people there at 5, and will be wearing my WM 29 tshirt, if anyonme wants to join me feel free! (pm if you want my number)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

should check out TENSAI's twitter for his pic with Fergal Devitt, think he showed him around dublin or something

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sitting in a classroom missing this show weeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Just back from the Clarion, great excitement with all the wrestlers leaving for the show.

Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler absolute gentlemen - posed for pics with the kids, autographs, no problems and very polite too.

Big E Langston - excellent with the kids, patient and just decent

Lord Tensai - signed loads of autographs, no bother

Vicky - very sound, good craic.

AJ - just, WOW

Ryback - just walked through, did a few high fives.

Brodus Clay - top man, pics etc

The Funkadactils - hot girls, but very good with the kids.

Heath Slater - funny man, bit of craic with him.

Daniel Bryan - good guy, seemed to be enjoying himself.

and then theres......

Kane / Finlay / William Regal - not interested, straight out the door

and WORST of all ....

John f*cking Cena - place went mental when he came out of the lift, head down, right through the middle of the foyer in case, heaven forbid someone might touch off him. Couldn't believe it at all, he was the one most were waiting for. And his missus looked like a real c*nt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

montyrebel wrote: »
    should check out TENSAI's twitter for his pic with Fergal Devitt, think he showed him around dublin or something

BIOgUUhCIAECS_e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

and WORST of all ....

John f*cking Cena - place went mental when he came out of the lift, head down, right through the middle of the foyer in case, heaven forbid someone might touch off him. Couldn't believe it at all, he was the one most were waiting for. And his missus looked like a real c*nt too.

I can kinda see why, if he stops for some people he'll have to stop for everyone, or maybe he was just in a crap mood lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Enjoy everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Any sightings today?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

Was at the signing earlier on in Smyths. Got Kaitlyn to sign her mugshot :D She was so lovely and they both lol'd at the pic. Zack was wearing shades the whole time which I thought was a bit weird but he was still fun.

pic.twitter.com/kIvASDitxw

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Spotted Daniel Bryan on Grafton Street earlier. Couldn't miss that beard!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Feed me more during divas match!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Puked on. punched. kicked. not a good experience

Puked on. punched. kicked. not a good experience

What??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thats awful man. What happened?

A good few inbred ****ers at these events to be truthful.

vast majority are great but its the select few that ruin things for others.

Horrible kids. typical front row experience.

On phone now. will post more later...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

krudler wrote: »
    I can kinda see why, if he stops for some people he'll have to stop for everyone, or maybe he was just in a crap mood lol

Yeah I get it he's nearly too popular to stop even if he wanted to,he'd never get out of there,IMO nearly better to disappoint all than pick a select few and disappoint the rest if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

EdK wrote: »
    Yeah I get it he's nearly too popular to stop even if he wanted to,he'd never get out of there,IMO nearly better to disappoint all than pick a select few and disappoint the rest if that makes sense?

Hardly, just looks a twat acting a twat by ignoring all imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I know they are excited kids but that day in day out for 10 years plus would drive even the nicest guy mental IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

Had a great time. Bonus was walking up to the arena and meet all the wrestlers. Made my day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Really enjoyed the show. Highlight was when me and a few smarks sitting behind me got Cena kids angry at our constant abuse of him. Was hilariious :D.

P.S: Anyone notice Tensai's finisher botch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Horrible kids. typical front row experience.

On phone now. will post more later...

Seems like "the boys" antics are not confined to the front rows of WWE Parties events.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

srm23 wrote: »
    Seems like "the boys" antics are not confined to the front rows of WWE Parties events.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Got my tickets for the smackdown taping on Tuesday upgraded from nosebleeds to corporate box! God bless my employers :)

Nice! Where exactly is corporate box located? From your experience of being at the taping events are there many signs on the same side as the hard camera? Also what are security like in the 02 in London? Are they strict with the ole bag checks? Want to try smuggle in a highish end DSLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

hye folks,

If anyone is interested I will be having a drink or 3 in Jurys on the Quays before the show tonight. will be meeting people there at 5, and will be wearing my WM 29 tshirt, if anyonme wants to join me feel free! (pm if you want my number)

:)
    Think I was sitting beside you in Jurys. I had a Daniel Bryan t-shirt on me.

Thought it was the worst wwe show I've been at. Also it was very annoying with kids standing up on their seats all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    Had a great time. Bonus was walking up to the arena and meet all the wrestlers. Made my day!!!

Nice! Who did you get to meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

My second live show, and I thought it was amazing, my son got a chant started and a few smarks around me with their witty comments!! Did ye notice our sign? Lol

• Advertisement

Will post in more detail in the morning, since it's late, I'm tired and want to go to bed.

The show itself was decent enough. With the weaker card, I had hoped for more than the one promo (from DB), though Regal also said a few words. You could probably look at the card and write the show yourself, but thats part and parcel of house shows.

I'm debating whether or not to bother sending a letter of complaint to as many places I can think of (Ticketmaster, O2 Area, WWE, FSM, Powerslam, etc) after the experience I had with kids though.

I was row b, seat 1. Right on the aisle. In theory, I should have been able to take one step right, one step forward and I'd be at the barricade. But from the offset, it was clear that was never going to happen. Just swarms of kids, worse than usual. I know I always rant about them, but it felt far worse tonight. Every match, every time there was a false finish, there was runners. At the end of the second, one kid ran forward, slipped and delievered a picture perfect POUNCE! to my gut, which hurt all night and has left me bruised. Around the third, one kid spewed on the ground in the aisle, and onto my pants. Not covered in it, but enough to leave a rotten smell there for the rest of the show. They shoved, pushed, punched, clawed, kicked and mauled their way up to the barricade.

Worse, several were being whole-heartily encouraged by parent to go running up. There were several kids of about 5 or 6 who were up to my knee, and were being shoved into the melee of a crowd. A chunk of them would get caught in a no-mans land though, and I know I hit two accidently with elbows. It was criminal how some parents were allowing their kids to run up and down with such horrible disrespect.

But I'm 26 and a big guy. I could push them away when they got too frisky. The 6 year old in the front row in front of me couldn't. First WWE show, and was thrilled before hand, telling me about his day meeting wrestlers at the hotel. Obviously excited to be there. And every time he'd stand up to move to the barricade (as was his right as a front row ticket holder), the poor kid had to engage in battle with some other kids. Several times, bigger kids (aged 10 or so) would try and shove him aside to get ahead of him. And on top of all that, someone stole his programme around match three.

It was little thugs. I blame the parents for it. From what I've read, the O2 staff have their hands tied by WWE, but even if WWE allow it, the way some kids behave is a joke. Worse, there was one parent abusing the security guy late on in the show for forcing kids back to their seats. The lack of respect for other people is shocking. It was nearly as bad as the experience I had with AWR in Dundalk. Nearly.

If you shell out 85 quid for a ticket, you should expect a better standard than that. It's the last time I go for front row seats tbh. Not worth it at all any more. Usually I leave the shows with a buzz, a sense of "Jesus, I want to do that." Tonight, I left thinking "****ing kids, I'm glad it's over for 6 months".

Advertisement