Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

My seats are tiered seating section e row 13. Delighted :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I didn't get a chance all week to post this but Jesus last week was bad.

I am a wrestling fan all my life and generally keep up to date with RAW so I was damn excited for last Friday. I was taking my bro to see it who used to watch as much wrestling as I did, I am 28 he is 24. In my opinion it was awful, I was bored senseless. It felt purely like a kids show, pantomime if you will, it was head wrecking the constant posturing to the crowd of kids. There were so much breaks in wrestling.

I have to say watching RAW this week from UK its completely different the gulf was massive, I don't get how it differed from what I saw in the O2 previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Chong wrote: »
    I didn't get a chance all week to post this but Jesus last week was bad.

I am a wrestling fan all my life and generally keep up to date with RAW so I was damn excited for last Friday. I was taking my bro to see it who used to watch as much wrestling as I did, I am 28 he is 24. In my opinion it was awful, I was bored senseless. It felt purely like a kids show, pantomime if you will, it was head wrecking the constant posturing to the crowd of kids. There were so much breaks in wrestling.

I have to say watching RAW this week from UK its completely different the gulf was massive, I don't get how it differed from what I saw in the O2 previous.

House shows are for kids though, its the wrestlers going through the motions for a non televised match, you're never going to get guys putting on intense matches for a house crowd, they're for kids to see the guys they watch on tv every week, good guys usually always win, there's nothing out of the blue etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

krudler wrote: »
    House shows are for kids though, its the wrestlers going through the motions for a non televised match, you're never going to get guys putting on intense matches for a house crowd, they're for kids to see the guys they watch on tv every week, good guys usually always win, there's nothing out of the blue etc.

I don't buy that.

I'll point to the last house show as proof that's not true. We got a backstage video (with DB & Kane), Cena and Ziggler put on a PPV level match, and we had a promo or two. I've been to some fantastic shows over the years, and I've been to dome terrible ones. I've seen plenty of shows where they put on brilliant shows. You won't get Mania quality bouts, granted, but there's been far better preformances in Dublin over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't buy that.

I'll point to the last house show as proof that's not true. We got a backstage video (with DB & Kane), Cena and Ziggler put on a PPV level match, and we had a promo or two. I've been to some fantastic shows over the years, and I've been to dome terrible ones. I've seen plenty of shows where they put on brilliant shows. You won't get Mania quality bouts, granted, but there's been far better preformances in Dublin over the years.

Oh same as, been to a bunch of house shows since 2004, which was a great tour, I never go expecting much though its mostly for the experience and something fun to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

I got ringside block E seats as I said. Sorry for repeating this question but I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are like? I love the WWE. Cant wait for Novemeber.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

From aiken promotions facebook for those interested;

"We are super excited to see young reporter Conor interviewing WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler - WWE Universe on RTE2 (TRTE) at 4pm today!
    WWE Live will be coming to The Odyssey Arena,Belfast 6th November and The 02,Dublin 7th November. Tickets are on sale NOW through Ticketmaster Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Its only taken 2 weeks but here are my photos from the last two shows:

APRIL 2013
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200214688585511.1073741827.1101141863&type=1

NOVEMBER 2012
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4953127021583.1073741825.1101141863&type=3

RYDER AND KAITLYN Signing 2013
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200254067409957.1073741830.1101141863&type=1

Here are a few of my favourites from April:

936518_10200214715586186_792907621_n.jpg
    375023_10200214715826192_1507632210_n.jpg
    936163_10200240853399615_1567065367_n.jpg
    320748_10200240859679772_1268161621_n.jpg
    923227_10200240891120558_1025810451_n.jpg
    946812_10200240891920578_1963627458_n.jpg
    179449_10200240892720598_599727553_n.jpg
    942297_10200240895880677_1369877236_n.jpg
    943290_10200241193648121_462552831_n.jpg
    229661_10200253473395107_198661564_n.jpg
    577443_10200253890445533_756950918_n.jpg
    21120_10200253886685439_318841661_n.jpg
    577685_10200253947366956_73060399_n.jpg

AND THERE'S PLENTY MORE IN THE TWO ALBUMS!

Sorry about the photo sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

My 6yr old son is really into this wwe stuff. It all new to me but started to know some of the characters myself..
    is the likes of sheamus and john cena part of the wwe show that is in 02 in November??

aidz wrote: »
    My 6yr old son is really into this wwe stuff. It all new to me but started to know some of the characters myself..
    is the likes of sheamus and john cena part of the wwe show that is in 02 in November??

You won't really know for sure until October to be honest. I think they did say Sheamus would be there when the tickets went on sale, but you simply won't know until about two or three weeks until the show.

• Advertisement

So thought I'd post this here since it's about an old WWE tour to Ireland. I was doing a clean up job this morning in my room, and came across this 8 year old clipping from a news paper. I remember going to this show it a friend so vividly, and we were so excited when we saw the line up (especially when they advertised a cage match, which never happened). I do however love that WWE actually published the half page ad for the card in the paper at the time.

2005card001.jpg

What also made this show special to me was it was also only 6 days after Eddie Guerrero passed away, so it was quite an emotional night on the show as well. :(

Here's what the card turned out to be as well (taken from an old topic which listed all the shows WWE have put on in Dublin).

WWE (Raw) @ Dublin, Ireland - The Point - November 19, 2005 (4,000)
    Included a moment of silence in honor of Eddie Guerrero
    Shelton Benjamin defeated Nick Nemeth and Rob Conway in an elimination match
    Gene Snitsky & Tyson Tomko defeated Viscera & Val Venis
    Carlito Caribbean Cool defeated Tajiri
    WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Kane & the Big Show defeated Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade after Cade sustained a double chokeslam
    Shawn Michaels & WWE IC Champion Ric Flair defeated Triple H & Chris Masters
    WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus pinned Victoria after interference from Candice Michelle and Maria
    WWE World Champion John Cena pinned Kurt Angle with the FU, despite interference from Eric Bischoff and Daivari

Card subject to change in full effect. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

I got ringside block E seats as I said. Sorry for repeating this question but I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are like? I love the WWE. Cant wait for Novemeber.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

just seen this on ticketmaster.ie

Wwe Superstar VIP Experience Package
    includes
    1 Premium Ringside Seat
    1 Meet & Greet and Autograph Opportunity with WWE Superstars**
    1 Photo with WWE Championship Title
    1 Exclusive Limited Edition WWE Event Chair
    1 Exclusive WWE Snap Back Cap
    1 Limited Edition Event Poster
    1 Commemorative VIP Ticket Holder
    On-site VIP Concierge
    all for E375......:eek:

wardy2 wrote: »

includes
    1 Premium Ringside Seat
    On-site VIP Concierge

Anybody tempted?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

wardy2 wrote: »

includes
    1 Premium Ringside Seat
    On-site VIP Concierge

Seems they're doing this for all live events everywhere now. Good idea but not good value in my opinion. Only interesting things is the meet & greet and the WWE Event Chair,but you might just get Brodus clay and Zack Ryder like a Smyths signing. Could easily get a ringside seat if you wanted to. A poster and cap...hardly extra incentives to spend e375. Photo with title..I suspect will be some replica as opposed to the one on tv..but could be wrong.
    All of this might tempt someone but its a lot of money for a night out!

For that, I'd want a promise of no kids elbowing and kicking me at my "premium ringside seat" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Only thing I like out of it is the Limited Edition WWE Event Chair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

If you were guaranteed a top WWE Superstar and guaranteed photo ops with him and another one or superstars and the merch isn't crap I could be tempted. But somebody is gonna have to be the Guinea pig and test it out haha

I'd do it for the chair, poster, meet & greet and picture with the title! It's a bit pricey though!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id say Sheamus might do the vip thing for the Dublin show. tempted to buy it but have my tickets and the ps4 is out soon too :D:D

Some laugh if it was a meet and greet with someone like Justin Roberts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Updated line up for the show:

Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio.

Confirmed NOT to be on the show (working elsewhere that night) are:

John Cena, The Shield.

--

Upset the Shield aren't booked, especially as they (and the New Age Outlaws) were on the card for Dublin up until 3 weeks before the show in April. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for them to grace us with their presence - maybe the faction won't be intact by the time they do.

So rather than saying "Smackdown/Raw tour" they say "WWE live". However we get the Smackdown roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Seen a picture from an american WWE Live Event VIP session and the meet n greet was with Sheamus. 380e is very steep for what's offered especially if there's no Cena or Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

You can take Sheamo off that list - He's out 4-6 months with a torn labrum in his left shoulder - Devastated!

From WWE.COM:

MRI results indicate that Sheamus has suffered a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will require surgery, scheduled for next week. As a result, The Celtic Warrior is expected to be sidelined for four to six months, WWE.com has learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

He talks about using the time to return to Ireland, I'd be surprised if they didn't have him schedule one of those trips home to match up with this and make an appearance at least. Especially considering he's the top name on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

I agree. When the tickets originally went on sale, him and Ziggler were the only ones advertised and were the selling point of the event. I reckon he will definitely make an appearance and cut a promo to the home crowd at least. And if that turns out to be the case, there's a good chance he'll be the one signing for the VIP'S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Updated line up for the show:
    Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio.
    Confirmed NOT to be on the show (working elsewhere that night) are:
    John Cena, The Shield.
    --
    Upset the Shield aren't booked, especially as they (and the New Age Outlaws) were on the card for Dublin up until 3 weeks before the show in April. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for them to grace us with their presence - maybe the faction won't be intact by the time they do.

This will be my first WWE show and to a certain extent my first visit to a proper wrestling setup although at a smaller show I did get a picture with one half of the NWA International Lightheavyweight Tag Team Champions for a tenner and about half the wrestlers incuding the above signed a poster. Great vaule.
    Neddieog wrote: »
    You can take Sheamo off that list - He's out 4-6 months with a torn labrum in his left shoulder - Devastated!
    From WWE.COM:
    MRI results indicate that Sheamus has suffered a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will require surgery, scheduled for next week. As a result, The Celtic Warrior is expected to be sidelined for four to six months, WWE.com has learned.

Hope he at least cuts a promo. Not bothered to be fair if he does not appear going for the fact i can say I have been to a WWE show. I will enjoy the experience no matter who turns up.

My tickets are in Ringside B Row K :) Dublin show.

Brilliant cant wait for this. Hoping for AJ and Danielson again this year. I think were block c row 13 tiered so brilliant seats :-)

Are they doing meet and greets this year? Or did I read wrong???

• Advertisement

So far there's been no announcement for the smyths signing, but people who buy the WWE VIP experience package get a meet and greet with a superstar.

Advertisement