Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There was talk of a draft after Mania and ad we all know too well 'lineups are subject to change'

Really won't have an idea of the Dublin lineup til early/mid June

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

MONEY IN THE BANK

HELP PLEASE

I'm looking to bring my son to money in the bank in London this year. The problem is neither of us have ever left the country so any info on where to fly to how to get to the the O2 and where to stay would be of great help.

@Beasty

This guy is a gig fanatic and has big experience of London. No doubt he will be able to give advice

From my experience London is huge but is pretty compact with all the excellent public transport options. The best Airport for the O2 is 'London City Airport' and got a relatively cheap one flight there from Dublin Airport on the 1st July

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

London is a piece of piss to navigate if you're in any way confident, most importantly you'll have data roaming on your phone.

If you've never left the country do you have passports? If not you won't be able to fly with Ryanair, but you can still fly with aer lingus/BA on a public service card.

There are 4 main London airports with direct city access,

Heathrow (tube station)

Stansted (Direct bus or train)

Gatwick (direct train or bus)

London City (overground trainline)

There's no one I massively recommend over the others. Stansted is usually the cheapest but not always.

The tube is the easiest way to get around London, and you can pay with your contactless card on all public transport there, when you get to the line your taking, there's a map on the wall telling you which way you're going and the stops along the way, so you can't get lost.

The venues in an area called Greenwich, which has decent connections by tube to most of the major sections, you'll be in central London within half an hour, although I recommend the Thames clipper afterwards.

It's a weekend in London, you're not going to get cheap accomodation anywhere, so depending on what you want to do I recommend staying either near kings cross or liverpool street station, both are a great base for getting to the main tourist sections. Anywhere inside tube zone 1 should be fine though.

If you've any specific questions fire away.

You could actually spend all day in The O2 complex. Plenty of bars/food and shopping options. The Arenas are only part of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

My mother and sister are bringing my nephew up to the show in Dublin. Is there any talk of signings or a way to meet any of the wrestlers?

Keep an eye on Smyths social media pages, they have done previous signings in the Jervis Street Branch. For the last few years they have been staying in the Spencer Hotel

Nephews first show too, he cant wait. He's too young to be heading over with his Uncle too London for MITB

Match card for the moment but 'Subject To Change'

WWE Live returns to Dublin this June!

See your favorite WWE Superstars live in action including:

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens vs The Usos (w/ Solo Sikoa)

RAW Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match

Bianca Belair vs Asuka vs Bayley

United States Championship Match

AJ Styles vs Austin Theory

Sheamus vs Solo Sikoa

Bobby Lashley vs Karrion Kross (w/ Scarlett)

Rey Mysterio vs LA Knight

Ridge Holland & Butch vs Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

Ah great will do, thanks for the reply!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Will be my two lads first show too, I have a hotel booked but I'm thinking of just driving up and back in the one day. Will decide nearer the time for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Southbound Pachyderm

I have tickets for this Dublin show for my wrestling mad son. The start time is down for 6pm. I will probably struggle to get there before 7. Does anyone know when the first match is likely to begin?

• Advertisement

If i remember correctly In the past the first match started bang on 7.30pm with doors been 6pm

The SD who will be in Dublin have a taping in London the next night so possibly might change times a bit for Dublin. Keep an eye on social media closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Got email today from WWE.

The smackdown show advertised as usos, Bobby and bel air.

Cody, set, sami and ko all for the raw show.

Jesus what a crap line up. You think they give sd sami & ko as raw has two strong male headliners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When you buy tickets for a WWE show in Dublin, you're better off mentally going "these tickets are to see a WWE show", rather than "these tickets are to see X wrestlers". The shows will still be a blast to attend with some fun matches.

Sure I agree but I think the raw show be enough with Seth & Cody. KO and sami should be on smackdown show to give it star power. Also it tougher for kids to understand this so feel bad for the parents.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Where you getting the info from? Aiken promotions have Sami and KO VS The Usos as the main event

Got an email today from them

Dublin and a sold-out Cardiff, you’ll see your favourite SmackDown Superstars including Bianca Belair, Bobby Lashley, Asuka, The Usos and many more

The raw show has Sami, KO, Seth and Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Finn, Becky, Jordan (JD) and Sheamus would somewhere be in the Dublin show, anyways enjoy

Card updated again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not a bad card

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That looks an insanely fun card. Sorry I can't go :(

• Advertisement

Yeah good start to MITB weekend

Will be worth the few boring hours waiting around the Airport for my flight to London

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow. Would be my first time seeing Rey Mysterio live. Looks like a fun card alright

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Apocalypse Dude

Pretty Deadly! YES BOOOIIIIIIIII

Looking forward to it actually. Young lads first WWE show too so he'll be delighted with that card

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That is a well decent card. Will be a good night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Bringing my little fella for the first time and he will be over the moon to see some of those on the card.

Havent been to a wrestling event since I’ve been a kid . Is it only t shirts they sell in the venue or do they sell the little wrestlers too ?

They might have a stall for toys etc

Bring plenty of €€€ and note its all Card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Cheers for that. Do you mean they don’t accept cash? Good to know if that’s the case, as he has a few bob for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea pretty sure all events in the 3Arena are now cashless so dont think cash will be accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

3arena is a cashless venue, if he's got his heart set on figures you'd be better off dipping into Smyths/toymaster beforehand.

Advertisement