Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I like the way everyones coming back to it now. The only reason I've been playing mw3 at all is for clips for daves montage. Blops is just more fun hands down

I went back playing the double XP weekend just to get my L96 back and I fell in love with the game all over again. The only thing I like about MW3 is infected. The rest of the game is full of so much needless rubbish.

Dave's montage is driving me 'round the bend :pac: trying to get clips for it and I'm just sucking more and more each day. Given up at this stage. No doubt I'll get a 6 man sniper feed on Black Ops with a quad collateral headshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Lol :D

Don't go actively looking for clips, 1. especially if you've a playstyle like me, and 2. it'll take years off of your life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

UMP seems not as useful to me as the pp90.
    Do most of you guys just not use red dot sights? Would you run focus and rapid fire or attachments with sight and rapid fire on small maps with SMGs?

Incidentally Blops seemed just as hated in here as MW3 back when it was the dominant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

With SMGs I use rapid fire or extended mags, never a red dot sight.

AdamD wrote: »
    With SMGs I use rapid fire or extended mags, never a red dot sight.

So rapid fire with sleight of hand or kick and extended mags?
    The unlocking annoys me.
    Great. An ACOG scope. yay.

• Advertisement

The unlocking annoys me.

For smgs I generally use Sleigh of Hand yeah, Extreme con sometimes.
    UMP I use Kick with as it has some recoil, MP7/PP90 I use range.

MP7 is the only one I'd use a silencer on too.

Range with the MP7 is what I should have gone with.

When are the new maps generally released?

Incidentally Blops seemed just as hated in here as MW3 back when it was the dominant game.

I think the CoD cycle goes as such:

Current game = hated.
    Last game = liked.
    Next game = hyped.

Wash, rinse (optional) and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Aye, tho the BLOPS haters aren't the same ones hating on MW3.. donno where they've all gone tbh !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I've always thought blops was better...

Only play MW3 coz it is nice to mix it up.. plus, when there is no1 else on I'll almost always go for the play in a party option..

• Advertisement

I hated on Blops for being boring when I played it, in hindsight with Mw3 it's far funner and balanced.

Old lee, you were wrong :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I hated on Blops for being boring when I played it, in hindsight with Mw3 it's far funner and balanced.

Old lee, you were wrong :p
    Imagine if the next CoD makes you feel that with MW3.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

arrrrgh, ffs IW fix the voice volume issue on the ps3, even if you have turned all the way down on options it STILL plays peoples voices, playing infected there and the entire lobby was full of kids and people blaring music, its fcuking headwrecking muting everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Lol :D

Don't go actively looking for clips, 1. especially if you've a playstyle like me, and 2. it'll take years off of your life.

haha! That drove you mental for a while on blops. I was afraid to shoot any group of people of 2 or more!

LakesKeane wrote: »
    haha! That drove you mental for a while on blops. I was afraid to shoot any group of people of 2 or more!

I'll admit I went a bit cracked :p

Magill was cracking the whip on me like no tomorrow. One time in Hanoi I was going for a care pack clip, 4 lads on B and someone got a quad nade, convinced I would have at least gotten 3 :p

I'll admit I went a bit cracked :p

Magill was cracking the whip on me like no tomorrow. One time in Hanoi I was going for a care pack clip, 4 lads on B and someone got a quad nade, convinced I would have at least gotten 3 :p

LOL ! Twas funny stuff. You rage quiting in that nuketown game because someone stole your quad made me lol so much !

Good times :P

I was host and lagging around the place.

Oh 3 internet, you so funny

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I stole/ruined both clips. The screaming down the mic before rage quitting on Nuketown was comical if not a tad disturbing. Good times indeed.

I don't remember any screaming. Lees more a moaner than screamer lol

On topic.. That newyork map is so so bad. Easily takes the crown from crisis as the worst map ever.

Magill wrote: »
    I don't remember any screaming. Lees more a moaner than screamer lol

On topic.. That newyork map is so so bad. Easily takes the crown from crisis as the worst map ever.

This is the new one on the rooftop yea??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

hypermuse wrote: »

I'd say he means Downturn. New map might look crap but can't really judge till ya play it

IPAM wrote: »
    hypermuse wrote: »

I'd say he means Downturn. New map might look crap but can't really judge till ya play it

Yep downturn. Impossible to play objectives without getting spanked in the back constantly. Just so grey aswel.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Obviously needs a more detailed look but from the pic, but it looks like two teams a lot of the time will be camping in both buildings across from each other too worried about getting killed. Could be wrong and there are more routes. At least with Highrise you were able to go underground, and even to this day majority of players rarely ever use that route :pac:

edit - just saw the vid in the MW3 News thread, looks like another cluster**** of a map lol.

Think everyones had a hissyfit at some stage in blops in fairness. From Lees montage clip madness..to people nearly crying when their steaks were ended.

Goodtimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

The unlocking annoys me.

Having rapid fire & extended mags means you don't have to rely on soh as your first perk .
    I never use a red dot on an smg .

yea I thought so... Figured he mita been talking bout the new one coz saying downturn is the worst map ever is pointing out the obvious to say the least! horrible map!

Thing is, you say Downturn is the worst ever cod map, I disagree.

Fallen, Bakarra, Village, Outpost, Mission and Interchange are all equally as bad. Its incredible how many unplayable, unworkable, badly designed maps there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fallen, Bakarra, Village, Outpost, Mission and Interchange are all equally as bad. Its incredible how many unplayable, unworkable, badly designed maps there are.

Obviously it's subjective. I like Fallen, Village, Mission and Interchange. I don't like Outpost and I hate Bakarra. I've only played Downturn a few times as it's always skipped but from why I've played I didn't like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How did they ever think Dead Man's Hand was a good idea? Fcuking ridiculous. Sick of decent streaks being ended by that poxy thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Bakarra is my fav along with lockdown

Advertisement