Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

doncarlos wrote: »
    Getting sick of quickscoping. Someone running around with a sniper rifle popping three lads in a row in different directions with one shot each? What makes it much worse is hit boxes are far too big so actually encourages people to do this.

I'd rather be killed by a random noobtube if I'm honest.

Sounds like he came up against 3 noobs.. tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Magill wrote: »
    Getting sick of quickscoping. Someone running around with a sniper rifle popping three lads in a row in different directions with one shot each? What makes it much worse is hit boxes are far too big so actually encourages people to do this.

I'd rather be killed by a random noobtube if I'm honest.

Sounds like he came up against 3 noobs.. tbh.

Yes that exactly it. Your ability to shoot depends on the skill of others. Must be great craic in upside down land is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yes that exactly it. Your ability to shoot depends on the skill of others. Must be great craic in upside down land is it?
    Well yes it does actually, against bad players you have more time to shoot, thus making quick-scoping feasible.

AdamD wrote: »
    Well yes it does actually, against bad players you have more time to shoot, thus making quick-scoping feasible.

More time?? He pulled three shots off in a couple of seconds in three different directions.
    I've no problem with somebody shooting me with a sniper rifle from distance after waiting for me to leave cover but lads running around with a sniper rifle coming around a corner and hitting you a split second later? I know you have to suspend reality when playing a game like this but seriously??
    What's next laser beams and cloaking devices??

More time?? He pulled three shots off in a couple of seconds in three different directions.
    I've no problem with somebody shooting me with a sniper rifle from distance after waiting for me to leave cover but lads running around with a sniper rifle coming around a corner and hitting you a split second later? I know you have to suspend reality when playing a game like this but seriously??
    What's next laser beams and cloaking devices??
    If he's doing that then he quite clearly would be doing better with a gun like ACR/MP7, snipers are underpowered on this game, that is a fact. If getting quick-scoped is annoying you then you have a preconception about the people doing it to you (omg little kid quick scoping) or delusional enough to think that Cod is any way realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

snipers are underpowered on this game

are you serious, there like shotguns with a one mile range and can be quite overpowered if put in the hands of the right person

ugglasdav wrote: »
    are you serious, there like shotguns with a one mile range and can be quite overpowered if put in the hands of the right person
    If the person is doing that well with snipers on this, they would undoubtedly be doing better with an smg or AR. Have you actually tried quick scoping on this game? Seeing 1 person have a 1 in a million round on youtube doesn't make it overpowered.

If he's doing that then he quite clearly would be doing better with a gun like ACR/MP7, snipers are underpowered on this game, that is a fact. If getting quick-scoped is annoying you then you have a preconception about the people doing it to you (omg little kid quick scoping) or delusional enough to think that Cod is any way realistic.

Underpowered my hole. How are there so many one shot kills from half way across the map so?

I'm playing FPSs since the mid 90s and have played with all age groups so why would I give two ****s who killed me? At the end of the day everybody is using the same tools ie Joypad or keyboard and mouse.
    It's based on real weapons so I'd expect at least a basic sense of realism. Most of the lads playing this game wouldn't be able lift a 50cal never mind lift it head height three times when running and shoot accurately, actually I'd be surprised if anybody in the world could.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What did you waste your prestige unlock on?
    I went type 95. Cos I was drunk and shut up that's why.

Underpowered my hole. How are there so many one shot kills from half way across the map so?

I'm playing FPSs since the mid 90s and have played with all age groups so why would I give two ****s who killed me? At the end of the day everybody is using the same tools ie Joypad or keyboard and mouse.
    It's based on real weapons so I'd expect at least a basic sense of realism. Most of the lads playing this game wouldn't be able lift a 50cal never mind lift it head height three times when running and shoot accurately, actually I'd be surprised if anybody in the world could.

1 hit kill across the map is what snipers have done on every cod. ACR beats it in 99% of positions in this game, the maps are completely unsuited to sniper rifles and there are about 3 sight lines in the game where I'd rather a sniper over an AR. 'Quick-scoping' is more difficult than using an smg. And anyone who disagrees with that quite simply hasn't tried it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What did you waste your prestige unlock on?
    I went type 95. Cos I was drunk and shut up that's why.

MP7 and ACR :)

'Quick-scoping' is more difficult than using an smg. And anyone who disagrees with that quite simply hasn't tried it.

I haven't said it isn't difficult just I think it's a load of bollox and ruins the game for me. You obviously enjoy it seeing as you are so defensive about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

IPAM wrote: »
    MP7 and ACR :)

Haven't used the ACR much and should be unlocked soon.
    Badly missing the MP7 on some maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Haven't used the ACR much and should be unlocked soon.
    Badly missing the MP7 on some maps.

It was a waste, should have just gone with the MP7 and left it at that :o

I haven't said it isn't difficult just I think it's a load of bollox and ruins the game for me. You obviously enjoy it seeing as you are so defensive about it.

I have less than 100 kills with snipers on this game, I really really really can't see how it could possibly 'ruin the game' for somebody. They're underpowered and barely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I have less than 100 kills with snipers on this game, I really really really can't see how it could possibly 'ruin the game' for somebody. They're underpowered and barely used.

I don't mind being killed close up by any other weapon but running into a sniper, putting rounds into him and suddenly getting quickscoped/noscoped out of nowhere is annoying as hell. I might or might not have died if he was using an ACR or MP7, I don't complain when I die to these weapons.
    He might go 10-20 or 1-50 for all I care but he's after killing me in a situation where I should have the advantage - an advantage he should have foregone when he chose a long range weapon over a mid/close range one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Cossax wrote: »
    I don't mind being killed close up by any other weapon but running into a sniper, putting rounds into him and suddenly getting quickscoped/noscoped out of nowhere is annoying as hell. I might or might not have died if he was using an ACR or MP7, I don't complain when I die to these weapons.
    He might go 10-20 or 1-50 for all I care but he's after killing me in a situation where I should have the advantage - an advantage he should have foregone when he chose a long range weapon over a mid/close range one.

If you had put rounds into him then he would be dead no? Unless your aim is off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

LakesKeane wrote: »
    If you had put rounds into him then he would be dead no? Unless your aim is off ?

he meant like 2 or 3 rounds or if the connection is bad 5 or 6 rounds from his gun and then you would be suddenly be no scoped or quickscoped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

This argument again...
    Cossax wrote: »

Dont be silly... the same **** can happen with any gun. You DO have an advantage vs a sniper in close range, no ifs or buts about it.. anyone that thinks a sniper has the advantage vs ANY gun in close range situations is an idiot.. plain and simple, even a pistol is a better option in close combat.

For every time a sniper kills you in that sort of situation you'll kill 10 snipers.. if you don't... well thats your problem, either your well below the average skill level (Nothing wrong with that, but its not really game balance as to why your dying) or your extremely unlucky. This game provides enough free kills as it is.

Even on PC (Where snipers have tradiationally been one of the best weapons in most FPS's for GOOD players, because of how accurate you can be) they are weak compared to almost every other primary weapon, its not even my opinion.. its god damn FACT ! Just look at the stats, how many sniper moabs have you seen, whats your K/D and Score per minute with one !

People who are bad at the game just need excuses as to why someone killed them, therefore everything is OP, its a joke... man up and get on with it, look at the bigger picture and you'll clearly see how snipers are NOT overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I've come up against snipers while I have an SMG/AR and have been killed by being quick scoped or just a random no-scope shot let off once too often. Even after I get killed by it at watch the kill cam all I can think is

7fb621f0-dfe9-4ea8-9d1e-f962fe81414a.jpg

Don't forget, they have aim assist on consoles so it does help them in those kind of situations. I'm not a bad player so I don't really need excuses, I just think someone sprinting around quick-scoping a .50 cal up close against an smg user and winning is bullshit in general. I just blame IW for pandering to the adolescent crowd in their community...

I really hope BLOPs 2 has no quick-scoping, I don't know why, but I actually preferred its sniping to MW 2/3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Village/Fallen are maps I'll nearly always snipe on. Do camp like a shyte but I'm not going to go running about with a sniper and get my ass handed to me by SMG/AR users. Quickscoping is not a problem in MW3. You encounter it rarely. I got killed by a guy spamming a barrett up close this weekend, it's annoying, it happens but not often.

Don't think they're underpowered (they have their own strenghts too) but you're not going to dominate a game with them unless you're a pretty decent player, which I'm not.:(

This argument again...

Dont be silly... the same **** can happen with any gun. You DO have an advantage vs a sniper in close range, no ifs or buts about it.. anyone that thinks a sniper has the advantage vs ANY gun in close range situations is an idiot.. plain and simple, even a pistol is a better option in close combat.

For every time a sniper kills you in that sort of situation you'll kill 10 snipers.. if you don't... well thats your problem, either your well below the average skill level (Nothing wrong with that, but its not really game balance as to why your dying) or your extremely unlucky. This game provides enough free kills as it is.

Even on PC (Where snipers have tradiationally been one of the best weapons in most FPS's for GOOD players, because of how accurate you can be) they are weak compared to almost every other primary weapon, its not even my opinion.. its god damn FACT ! Just look at the stats, how many sniper moabs have you seen, whats your K/D and Score per minute with one !

People who are bad at the game just need excuses as to why someone killed them, therefore everything is OP, its a joke... man up and get on with it, look at the bigger picture and you'll clearly see how snipers are NOT overpowered.

That's just your opinion which I think is a load of sh1te, as it goes against what I experience myself in game. It's strange that I'm not the only one that feels this but we are all idiots according to you.
    Quickscoping is a glitch in the game (possibly intended). Would you have any problem if people started using pistols as sniper rifles picking people off across the map with one shot. Would you just man up and get on with the game?

If Sniper rifles give no advantage at close combat then why would anybody use them as this seems to go against everything you are saying. I suppose they are all idiots too? Are you genuinely saying that people are intentionally using weaker guns?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Village/Fallen are maps I'll nearly always snipe on. Do camp like a shyte but I'm not going to go running about with a sniper and get my ass handed to me by SMG/AR users. :(

I have no problem with this as you are using a sniper rifle the way it would be in a real world environment. Stay in cover and pick off anybody that comes in to your line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,097 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sheesh!

The point is one which has been made before, by plenty of people.

The fact is you can complain about certain guns being rampant/overpowered. i.e. dual FMGs,

and/or

you can complain about stuff that simply shouldn't happen in a game that is trying (to a degree only) to emulate battle i.e. quickscoping.

I have heard your and everyone else's argument that there is a trade-off with snipers, but frankly, when it happens in a game, this point does not make me pause to quietly ponder the complexities of life and reach a zenlike state of placidness.. until finally the balance of this argument becomes clear to me and I am comfortable with readily accepting the kill and move on. I, quite naturally, get p*ssed off!

Frankly, dual fmgs all over the game and quickscoping both annoy the hell out of me, as they are not mutually exclusive, for different reasons. Sometimes one p*sses me off more than the other.. that's what happens!

This is called the megabitch thread, the exact place where these thoughts should be aired.

When I read veiled insults like

"either your well below the average skill level (Nothing wrong with that, but its not really game balance as to why your dying) or your extremely unlucky".. "
    People who are bad at the game just need excuses as to why someone killed them"

or more direct ones like

"anyone that thinks blah is an idiot"...
    "man up and get on with it"

it comes accross as extremely arrogant and/or hamfisted and takes away from any valid point which you may or may not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Anyone getting the same as me, playing game and for once doing fairly well, top of lobby, then half way through it freezes, when comes back, everything has been wiped from my lobby stats, know it's nothing major but still does my head in when I'm having a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I was someone who was madly against quickscoping before this games release but I've done alot of sniping this game more than any other and I can say it's not as easy as it looks. There has been only one game so far in which I've gotten annoyed at snipers but thats because 3 of the other team were sitting at the back of the map and I couldn't get near them. Most of the time if I see a sniper and I have a p90 or something 9/10 times I'll win that battle unless my aim goes bad or the sniper gets a lucky shot. Plus I havn't noticed too many people sniping either so it doesn't bother me in the slightest

Also I think sniping in Blops was grand just really crippled by the games terrible hit detection. Hopefully that will get fixed for the next game

People who disagree that snipers are overpowered have yet to make one valid point grounded in solid logic. 'Its not realistic', isn't a valid point. Cod is extremely unrealistic, if you want realistic go play Operation Flashpoint.

People who disagree that snipers are overpowered have yet to make one valid point grounded in solid logic. 'Its not realistic', isn't a valid point. Cod is extremely unrealistic, if you want realistic go play Operation Flashpoint.

Why not have zero gravity, laser guns and cloaking devices? Sure if we wanted realism we could play operation flashpoint.

What valid points have you made apart from putting the word 'fact' in capital letters? Everything you have stated is based on your own skewed personal opinion.

Skewed in what way? I don't use snipers, I've no reason to be 'skewed' on this issue. You lot have said that snipers are at an advantage at every range, which is quite frankly a ridiculous thing to say. How many times have you seen a sniper top the lobby? Think about it, if it was as overpowered as you say, people would actually use the things, but they rarely do. In the time it takes somebody to quick scope correctly, you can get 5+ bullets off with your smg/AR, if they're getting the kill, its your fault for missing. If they kill you before you get a bullet off, then they've seen you first, and would have killed you with an smg/ar anyway, think about it; if the sniper has scoped in (even half way) and sniped you before you've gotten a bullet off, he would have gotten 5+ bullets off with his smg/ar before you would have shot your gun, again, he would have killed you anyway.

This is all forgetting the fact that quick scoping doesn't work everytime, or even close to it. People comparing them to dual FMGS is hilarious aswell, they are on 2 ends of the aiming spectrum. Quick scoping involves a lot higher difficultly of aiming than anything else on cod, and akimbo weapons involve a lot lower difficulty of aiming.

Somebody else said that the snipers are 'overpowered in the right hands', that is simply ridiculous. The last time I went for the 10k challenge with the magnum (pistol), I topped the leaderboard 3 rounds in a row, would you say that the pistol is overpowered? Obviously not, I was just better than the crap players I was playing against. The same goes for the snipers, you will only see somebody doing well quick-scoping if they are playing against players significantly worse than themselves. Against decent players they will do worse than they would do with an AR/SMG.

Quick-scoping only annoys you lot because of its reputation, not because its overpowered. If you were looking at it objectively it wouldn't annoy you. Noob tubes annoyed me on previous games, they don't on mw3. Why? Because I'm actually looking at it objectively and am able to see that noobtubes are also underpowered as **** on this game.

• Advertisement

Why not have zero gravity, laser guns and cloaking devices? Sure if we wanted realism we could play operation flashpoint.
    This quite frankly sums up your side of the discussion, unable to make valid, logical arguments.

Advertisement