Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I rather stand by my principals is all, so won't use them :) Anything else is a weak argument in my eyes but sure, what do I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just played a team who insisted on sniping despite getting 3 capped in dom. 3/6 go positive despite us winning 200-50. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Oh and yeah, if you use akimbo FMG's despite being fully aware of their OPness. You're more than likely a c........

I'll stop there :pac:

Mp9 extended mags is a good secondary.. I like using that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Akimbo = C*nts best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Akimbo = C*nts best friend.

Taken from sunsine and lollipops....
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Got another M.O.A.B. today, One kill over I hear a little birdy taunting me saying im about to die, Akimbo FMG-9's to the rescue!

Practice what you preach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

KSG = Worst weapon ever, hitmarkers from an inch away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

iMuse wrote: »
    KSG = Worst weapon ever, hitmarkers from an inch away :rolleyes:

shotguns in general suck! Could've made the spas 12 on par with the one from mw2 since they're secondaries now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

LakesKeane wrote: »
    shotguns in general suck! Could've made the spas 12 on par with the one from mw2 since they're primarys now
    :)

Yeah the shotguns are nowhere near mw2 level but aren't as bad once you get extended mags and damage which takes 400 or so kills to get.The USAS 12 is lethal with damage and I havent seen too many people using it, Spas I find too inconsistent, was still getting hitmarkers at close range with damage. Worst part of it is that they are nerfing the shotguns in the next patch, the striker is the only SG that needs the range toned down a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

hightower1 wrote: »
    Taken from sunsine and lollipops....

Practice what you preach.

I admit I am a huge hypocrite, none the less I like to bitch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

iMuse wrote: »
    :)

Yeah the shotguns are nowhere near mw2 level but aren't as bad once you get extended mags and damage which takes 400 or so kills to get.The USAS 12 is lethal with damage and I havent seen too many people using it, Spas I find too inconsistent, was still getting hitmarkers at close range with damage. Worst part of it is that they are nerfing the shotguns in the next patch, the striker is the only SG that needs the range toned down a little.

They're nerfing shotguns? I played about an hour over christmas and all I used was shotguns. They're about the only weapons I find enjoyable and to be honest they need a buff moreso than a nerf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I miss the m1014 from MW2 now that was a balanced shotgun.

Reasonible range for a shottie, accurate shots would be one hit kill but limb shots would be 2 hit. Spamming was somewhat possible but slow reload and tube size made it a calculated risk. Everything about that was excellent balance. Not too much range, not too big a mag size, not too much damage....juuuuuust right.

hightower1 wrote: »
    I miss the m1014 from MW2 now that was a balanced shotgun.

Reasonible range for a shottie, accurate shots would be one hit kill but limb shots would be 2 hit. Spamming was somewhat possible but slow reload and tube size made it a calculated risk. Everything about that was excellent balance. Not too much range, not too big a mag size, not too much damage....juuuuuust right.

My favourite shotty from MW2. Aesthetically looked great too, as well as being very solid in performance.

Got paired with 8 non-prestige sub-rank 30(ish) players who the majority were quik scoperz in Ground War vs far more experienced set of players. Went 40-10, capped 7 times. Still lost by over 100+ points. Cheers matchmaking.

For the last few day's it's been a nightmare here in North Dublin on Eircom trying to get a decent Irish game. Even worse it's putting me with roughly 50-80% non-english speakers.

Really drains the fun from the game when there's no craic on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    For the last few day's it's been a nightmare here in North Dublin on Eircom trying to get a decent Irish game. Even worse it's putting me with roughly 50-80% non-english speakers.

Really drains the fun from the game when there's no craic on the mic.

i turned down the mic volume to minimum from day one, cant be arsed listening to irish people roaring at each other or playing sh1tty music into their mics anymore.

Well obviously, with people come assholes :)

Doesn't mean everyone's an asshole though! I've been in stitches some nights at some people. For me anyway, I can say that it makes the game more fun with a bit of banter - and by that I obviously don't mean blaring tunes or being a dick.

krudler wrote: »
    i turned down the mic volume to minimum from day one, cant be arsed listening to irish people roaring at each other or playing sh1tty music into their mics anymore.

Was saying in the chat room earlier to the lads, but hearing the majority of squeaky voice Irish lads talk or play their annoying music while having to endure their obsession with assassin and camping in game is beyond irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Well obviously, with people come assholes :)

Doesn't mean everyone's an asshole though! I've been in stitches some nights at some people. For me anyway, I can say that it makes the game more fun with a bit of banter - and by that I obviously don't mean blaring tunes or being a dick.

Aye, i love a bit of banter on the mics ! Only ever mute really loud(Spanish) or anoying people. Good craic to be had sometimes. Usually end up talking to myself when partied up anyway since a lot of the PS3 guys don't/didn't use theirs very often !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Magill wrote: »
    Aye, i love a bit of banter on the mics ! Only ever mute really loud(Spanish) or anoying people. Good craic to be had sometimes. Usually end up talking to myself when partied up anyway since a lot of the PS3 guys don't/didn't use theirs very often !

There's loud people, loud drunk people, then Spanish people... On a whole new level altogether lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Outpost is probably the worst map in the COD franchise. I feel so claustrophobic playing it. Everything seems out of place, the center of the map is a horrid spot to be. I miss Summit.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    There's loud people, loud drunk people, then Spanish people... On a whole new level altogether lol.

this is one of those true stereotypes, my parents live in Spain, their neighbours...jesus. how an entire country doesnt understand what an indoor voice is is beyond me. its like a whole city of those annoying yellow backpack wearing students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

The amount of camping in FFA in this game is so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 oh_nos

What bright spark at IW decided to add in bullets that chase you around corners! :mad: and whats the deal when sometimes you try to knife someone and you do this retarded wobble away from/around them only to have them turn around and knife you in the 10 minutes it takes for you to recover from said retarded lunge/wobble forward.. fup me ill be on blood pressure tabs before the new year! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

The knife in call of duty is retarded. They should make it a 2 hit kill. Or give it a 2-3 second delay. Just another **** up they are too stupid to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm actually convinced that my game is ****ed for knifing. Before every match we have a 'knife round' to determine hosts. In the last month I've gotten 1 kill. ONE KILL. In normal games I can only knife people who are static. It's ****ed. And my reaction times are fine, even if they were awful, sheer luck should be winning me more of the knife 1v1s. Its wierd :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I win about one in 10 knife fights.. Its like I can be right in front of them and I wobble around them like a penguin and they get it right on point, with the exact same reaction time.. Only time I win them is when someone is lookin out a window or somethin..

Was lookin back yesterday at a game we had the other day playing search on lockdown.. Think I went 9 an 1, looked back at the death, a noob was thrown a frag out a window, an instead of throwing it out the window, the guy moved the tiniest little bit and it hit the window frame.. I ran in within a second of that happening and killed him just as the nade blew up..

rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm actually convinced that my game is ****ed for knifing. Before every match we have a 'knife round' to determine hosts. In the last month I've gotten 1 kill. ONE KILL. In normal games I can only knife people who are static. It's ****ed. And my reaction times are fine, even if they were awful, sheer luck should be winning me more of the knife 1v1s. Its wierd :/
    This.

I ALWAYS lose knife fights in Mw3. In any 50 50 situations where it's first to the R3 button, I will lose out. It surely has to be a mater of connection. I rarely get a smooth one on mw3. That or I'm f*cked over by being host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Having played this, and then played BF3, I feel there is so much more lag in this game than Battlefield and it's incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

It's simple. A knife should be defeated by a hail of bullets, from the shoulder or hip.

IW are fools in that and other regards.

Simply Red wrote: »
    The amount of camping in FFA in this game is so bad

camping in FFA is retarded anyway, you dont get 30 kills sitting in a corner on a mode with no teammates, unless you're playing against absolute idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Ive never understood the whole knife thing is overpowered situation people are having! If someone knifes you whether panic knifed or not they were close enough to get you. Yes commando in mw2 was retarded! A 2 hit knife just sounds retarded also. If i knife a person camping in a corner with his back turned i expect him to die if i knife him!
    What i think people are frustrated about is the inconsistencys of knifing, when you look at a kill cam your like "WTF hes was no where near me" or whatever. If they made it more consistant and with less lunge it would be better. Yes i understand a knife should not go through a hail of bullets but he must have been close right? And so you should have knifed maybe?
    Ive never learnt that whole panic knifing thing and i cant knife for **** so i really dont care if someone is that close to knife me and i die.

Advertisement