Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

blops.jpg

The above is knicked from the about last night thread and pretty much shows the imbalance in the game. Yes it is blops but it still shows the fundamental flaws in match making. Why should anyone have to play a game they aren't enjoying and be penalised for due to game itself being fundamentally flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What exactly is wrong in that picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Your not wrong justsomebloke but that;s not what we were discussing..

Rage quitting was the topic. Rage quitters ruin games! Yea there is alot more wrong with COD than Rage quitting but it doesn't mean it aint something that cant be fixed..

perhaps starting a thread on what needs to be fixed in COD game would be more apt :D dont get me started on the list of flaws! :rolleyes:

hypermuse wrote: »
    Your not wrong justsomebloke but that;s not what we were discussing..

Rage quitting was the topic. Rage quitters ruin games! Yea there is alot more wrong with COD than Rage quitting but it doesn't mean it aint something that cant be fixed..

perhaps starting a thread on what needs to be fixed in COD game would be more apt :D dont get me started on the list of flaws! :rolleyes:

And I was discussing rage quitting and saying that the reason for a lot of rage quiting isn't due to losing but due to the flaws of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

End of game summary for that pic:

Total number of kills and deaths by boards party: 448 kills and 96 deaths
    Total number of kills and deaths by opposition: 80 kills and 420 deaths
    Total discrepancy: 16 kills and 28 deaths

So you can say with some certainty that most of the players for the opposition stayed for the majority of the game in Black Ops. Even in such a one-sided match people stayed. It has some flaws but in the grand scheme of things it was fair otherwise more players would have left.

MW3 has some serious flaws and isn't fair, even with the point streak bonus for capping a point random team-mates ignore them. I remember in a game of kill confirmed random team-mates dodging fallen enemy tags. If you're playing with team-mates of that poor a standard then you're entitled to want to quit. The standard of random player is appalling in mw3. Against decent opposition with a random party I'd no doubt feel like leaving but playing against players on my friend's list I'd stick it out and try be a thorn in their side.

MW3 has a serious deficiency in terms of being fun, MW2, Black ops and COD4 were fun games with varying degrees of flaws but you could on occasion ignore all but their biggest shortcomings. MW3 doesn't have that fun-ness built in so it's shortcomings are blatantly apparent. If more players are quitting games in progress you could chalk that down to there being more problems with the game.

• Advertisement

IMG_1111.jpg

>

yimrsg wrote: »
    End of game summary for that pic:

Total number of kills and deaths by boards party: 448 kills and 96 deaths
    Total number of kills and deaths by opposition: 80 kills and 420 deaths
    Total discrepancy: 16 kills and 28 deaths

To me that shows woeful match making and teams that shouldn't have been facing each other. Also I think all the opposition staying was more of a blip as oppose to indicating that people usually stayed the course in blops

Actually the 2 photos also points out another reason for rage quitting. Surely in both cases the game could of easily been won without the need for those sort of scores?

I'd say a lot of people would see people doing that as just a big a blight on the game as rage quitters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

To me that shows woeful match making and teams that shouldn't have been facing each other. Also I think all the opposition staying was more of a blip as oppose to indicating that people usually stayed the course in blops

It's probably a fluke as in black ops you come up against players all over the world, a group of randomers always will be whooped by an organised team. It's nothing to do with mw3 really other to show an instance of that players are more likely to stay for longer playing black ops versus mw3.

EDIT

All the pics show are inflated kills achieved through spawn traps. The fact the weaker opposition stayed is perhaps an indication of players enjoying black ops even in the worst circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

There both Demolition Spawn trapping....

Subtle brag much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

In many ways I'm happy for the crazy respawns in MW3 so we don't have spawn trapping like that anymore(as much?)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Black Ops was terrible for quitting. Me and my mates would normally play Dom, by the 100 point mark we'd be against a new team most times because we were good enough to play the objective and not let them spawn camp us. We weren't even that organised, it'd just be someone calling it when they were taking a flag. People can't handle losing especially when there's no ramifications and I was saying in the Blops megabitch thread that it was a huge problem.

The way to fix it is simple. set up a multiplier whereby if you leave a game your overall score in the next game goes down by .05 and if you complete a game it goes up by .05 down/up to a respective limit of .75 and 1.25 of your score, that'd encourage people to stay to the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

AdamD wrote: »
    IMG_1111.jpg

>

Wow.... so somehow use managed to absolutely **** on the other team... but they still managed to get one round ???? Pathetic way to play the game imo.

People complaining about rage quitting and then posting pictures of what is clearly a party full of spawn trappers is.... amusing... same goes for that other picture.

Don't see how people can play the game like that tbh.

Also.. the reason why rage quitting seems more of a problem in MW3 is because of how ****ed up the matchmaking is, people have always rage quit... but for some reason MW3 has a big problem finding people to replace someone who quits the game and it'll end up being 6v5/4/3/2/1 until near the end of the game. Also why people seem to be put into games that are nearly over more often.. because they are !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd imagine they gave them the round not the team doing so well as to take it, gives an extra round to spawn trap and get extra kills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

IPAM wrote: »
    I'd imagine they gave them the round not the team doing so well as to take it, gives an extra round to spawn trap and get extra kills

I know, Was being sarcastic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Liam O wrote: »
    Black Ops was terrible for quitting. Me and my mates would normally play Dom, by the 100 point mark we'd be against a new team most times because we were good enough to play the objective and not let them spawn camp us. We weren't even that organised, it'd just be someone calling it when they were taking a flag. People can't handle losing especially when there's no ramifications and I was saying in the Blops megabitch thread that it was a huge problem.

The way to fix it is simple. set up a multiplier whereby if you leave a game your overall score in the next game goes down by .05 and if you complete a game it goes up by .05 down/up to a respective limit of .75 and 1.25 of your score, that'd encourage people to stay to the end...

Or they could just make sure the next game your lobbed into is half way through and your on the loosing team. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

hightower1 wrote: »
    Or they could just make sure the next game your lobbed into is half way through and your on the loosing team. ;)

They seem to do that anyway... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

EMPs and Stealth bombers are too easy to get.

Magill wrote: »
    Wow.... so somehow use managed to absolutely **** on the other team... but they still managed to get one round ???? Pathetic way to play the game imo.

People complaining about rage quitting and then posting pictures of what is clearly a party full of spawn trappers is.... amusing... same goes for that other picture.

Don't see how people can play the game like that tbh.

Also.. the reason why rage quitting seems more of a problem in MW3 is because of how ****ed up the matchmaking is, people have always rage quit... but for some reason MW3 has a big problem finding people to replace someone who quits the game and it'll end up being 6v5/4/3/2/1 until near the end of the game. Also why people seem to be put into games that are nearly over more often.. because they are !
    That's my pic btw, stole it from a team mate. Don't hate on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how do you figure that? every single player in that game has a prestige symbol, prestiges are awarded by time played, not skill, its just a case of one team playing as a team and the other probably running around like headless chickens. I do think if a lobby has 3 or more clan members then randomers shouldnt be matched with them, you'll never get as a good a game from randomers against a clan than a clan v clan game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

NufcNavan wrote: »
    EMPs and Stealth bombers are too easy to get.

to be fair though, I've gotten higher kills from randomly thrown nades than stealth bombers, you hear one coming, you run indoors, I run it a lot and think I've gotten 2-3 multikills with one. I got a multikill today from a semtex I lobbed blindly over a wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

AdamD wrote: »
    IMG_1111.jpg

>

I know those guys, used to play them in clan matches in cod4 and mw2 on console gaming and another website. They were the best clan. They where part of the Kaos guys who got to the mw2 final in America. Prob the best European team

Hammers and Predator were in KaoS yeah, other 2 weren't.

Whats your psn?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just catching up on the last few pages. Can people please cut out the personal insults. Infractions and/or bans follow otherwise, etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Firstly, on the topic of rage quitting. If it is just that, i.e. quitting the game because you are completely f**ked off and everything is going against you, then I'd say that's ok (if its either that or f*cking the xbox controller out the window)... but I'd say that accounts for about 10% of people who are getting beaten, leaving the game. The other 90% I'd say is people who either care too much about their stats (and therefore dashboard to protect them) or people who don't care enough about the game and quit simply because they are losing and couldn't be arsed trying to win. If you dashboard to protect your stats or spawn trap people to the point where they are getting dozens and dozens of deaths, then you cannot legitimately complain about those that rage quit.

Re camping. I've posted before about this, having been on the receiving end of a Boardsies thumping (when asked was I lying down in a game). The reality is in a game of Dom (which is the type I was playing) 2 flags were capped and we were spawn trapped. Now, I tried valiantly (for "valiantly" read "stupidly") tried about 20 times to cap one of the flags and breakout, but got my ass handed to me each time. Ergo, I stayed back and took out those that went looking for gratuitious kills in the 3rd flag area. You can call it camping, but I call it doing the only alternative I could to rage quitting.

Camping in the true sense, i.e. not attempting to cap any flag at any time and ADS at all times, is abhorent and there's no excuse for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nearly sure I was in that game but definitely remember talking to you about it and I completely agree, what exactly are you supposed to do when spawn trapped?? You may have option when in a party I.e focus on 1 point and break through but when playing alone you haven't a hope against a half decent team. It's either run out like a f-in noob 50-60 times and die over and over again or sit back for a couple mins, try kill a few lads and break out/flip spawns etc

also I like to point out that plenty of boardsies I play with have rage quit whether to save stats, protect a win streak, getting owned etc so pot and kettle comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

blops.jpg

The above is knicked from the about last night thread and pretty much shows the imbalance in the game. Yes it is blops but it still shows the fundamental flaws in match making. Why should anyone have to play a game they aren't enjoying and be penalised for due to game itself being fundamentally flawed

Must've been a fun game no doubt :)

How did they manage to win one round?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Must've been a fun game no doubt :)

How did they manage to win one round?

You already know the answer mate, ya cheeky scamp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've rage quitted twice in MW3 that I remember

1. Got killed by the same guy 4 times. Well that's what the kill cams said.:confused:

2. Snuck on a guy and emptied a mag into his back. Obviously got his attention 'cos he then turned round and killed me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

thing that does my head in is people camping on your own team while lossing, played a few games of domination the other day on my own and when we are 2 flags down you still get people on my team camping for killstreaks and not bothered about the flag at all and i am trying to get them back and die every time because no one will help, and then we loose. but the guy on my team doesnt care because he has got his match quota for kd in the game but still lost

Advertisement