Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Are they ever again going to release a patch? The f***ing lag is disaster. Joke of a game if you ask me, last MW game I'll purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I hate getting shot around corners, Glad this didn't happen to me, but seriously, this is just stupid.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I hate getting shot around corners, Glad this didn't happen to me, but seriously, this is just stupid.

Happens to me all the time. 90% of the time when I'm 1 on 1 I don't even have a chance to get a bullet off either. Worse connection than black ops if you ask me.

LaVail wrote: »
    Happens to me all the time. 90% of the time when I'm 1 on 1 I don't even have a chance to get a bullet off either. Worse connection than black ops if you ask me.

Agree'd, lag compensation does nothing but screw me over, In my experience, Dome is the worst for it, regardless of Dome being a favorite of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That's it, there'll be no more bitchtastic yarns out of me. It's going to rest nicely with the other 12 copies I saw in CEX. I've never cursed at a telly as much as I have in the last few weeks. Phantom bullets around corners have taken too much of a toll on me :mad:

• Advertisement

Agree'd, lag compensation does nothing but screw me over, In my experience, Dome is the worst for it, regardless of Dome being a favorite of mine.

definitely more noticeable on smaller maps like dome because its all close quarters combat. Another thing that pisses me off is the lack of support so far. Why are they not releasing patches I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

lol Welcome to my world. Happens on average 2 or 3 times every game no lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Think it happens to everyone every game !! Bit of a joke at this stage.

One more really annoying thing... playing in a full party is impossible to enjoy, the amount of times i've been in a full party and the other team leave is unreal.. it wouldn't be so bad if they all ****ed off but one or two will still and you have to play it out running around the map like a w*nker looking for them... and because they've ****ed with the matchmaking it waits until the last 5-10 seconds before filling the game up with new players !! Really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Magill wrote: »
    Think it happens to everyone every game !! Bit of a joke at this stage.

Couldn't agree more.

This is the year a lot of people woke up though...
    Activision have a habit of running series into the ground out if greed, just look at Tony Hawk. Ironically, they lost their customer base to EA with skateboarding too. You can even tell when watching the YouTube commentators (the people earning big money from this franchise) they know that COD's best days are behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Haven't played mw3 in over two weeks... It's pretty awful tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Haven't played mw3 in over two weeks... It's pretty awful tbh

I cant stand the maps, some of them are ****ty looking.

One thing I'm not happy with is the founder camo, i would have preferred a green skull on black Camo rather than a Winter camo which seems like a last minute scrap from the game.

Next, try and get a reaper on

Downturn
    Interchange

there seems to be some kind of fog all over the map when your above, makes depth perception and judging whats beneath this fog impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Anytime I host a game I get totally tanked. Then when I don't host I run riot like wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

greenman09 wrote: »
    Anytime I host a game I get totally tanked. Then when I don't host I run riot like wtf

It's the new lag compensation system.

When you're host, interwebz are taken away from you and given to somebody else with a lesser speed. So basically, you are paying someone else to play you. People that are not on your level are living off your expensive, overpriced UPC/Eircom whatever set-up while they have a cheap mickey mouse connection.

It's one of the things that have broken this game beyond repair.

Recon Drone the size of a football has more flares than a Pavelow?

Bullshit

Recon Drone the size of a football has more flares than a Pavelow?

Bullshit

Just throw an EMP grenade at it and it takes it out first try. They are annoying little f*****s alright though.

The old Demolition Over time was better by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

When you're host, interwebz are taken away from you and given to somebody else with a lesser speed. So basically, you are paying someone else to play you. People that are not on your level are living off your expensive, overpriced UPC/Eircom whatever set-up while they have a cheap mickey mouse connection.

lol wut?!
    Can you explain this in depth please! :D

I work daily with in house and HFC networking so I would looooove to hear how you think routing rules in COD are "taking bandwidth away from you" and dishing this out to other users!

I think what your trying to describe is the balancing rules alright but have gotten the total wrong idea about it. Baically IW listened to the amount of people bitching about host advantage and decided they can impose strickter ping penalties (or possibly load more routing through) the host BUT have gotten it too far in the wrong direction meaning secondary actions such as transmitting game information like other player actions is taking prioirity over your own specific interactions in game (if your host). From your point of view it seems like your lag is far more apparent and everyone else has the reactions of a mongoose on speed. Its just that your xbox has been told to transmit their actions first before yours resulting in a lag descrepency. If your good at setting the routing rules when building the game you can find the happy middle ground between having a dedicated host VS host advantage while not effecting the amount of players able to be connected to. If you have the rules set strict so that the game in a sense is told to only connect you to a host or set you up as a host to players wich meet strict requirements then your really narrow the amount of folk you can possibly connect with at any one time.... thats obviuously not what IW wanted , they wanted you to b able to connect with as many people globally as possible at the sacrafice of looser routing rules. I guess they felt it was more important to accomidate those playing at odd or extended hours (as the pool of "good" connections locally drops in accordance with time of day rules). If they set it too strict you'd find it very hard to get a game in the early hours as the majority of players would be in the US and wouldnt meet the strict routing requirements.

In short ... no one is "taking your connection" , the game is simply setting your actions lower priority than your peers if your host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Are you 12 by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think in fairness to UsernameInUse he was only trying to explain what Hightower subsequently did but in terms us normal people would understand.:pac:

Kind if worried if they "fix" the lag they're going to fuk up my connection 'cos I'm not having mega problems at the moment.

• Advertisement

How have they not patched the noob 95 yet? Its not like its a grey area of being overpowered or not?! Its clearly a one burst kill point and click gun. FFS IW get off yer ****ing arses, its not like you have a pokey little indie game that you can get away not balancing for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

greenman09 wrote: »
    I found this to be the case whenever I've been host . Since this last patch its not been a problem . I've not played that many games since its kicked in but I think it might be sorted .

Didn't realize how bitchy weapon the P90 is until I used it on Dome, got a 10 Kills in about 30 on the team in one corridor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How do you get dual guns? One of them are ridiculously overpowered. Don't stand a chance in close combat

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

SantryRed wrote: »
    How do you get dual guns? One of them are ridiculously overpowered. Don't stand a chance in close combat

You're probably on about the fmg, dual is unlocked at weapon level 5 or 6. Not sure if the recent patch has done anything to fix them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Akimbo is one of the biggest plagues on CoD, it never should have been introduced. Guys spraying the FMG or Skorpion like lunatics does my head in. I'd love it if they lost points for going under a certain accuracy % :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Just been de-ranked from 80 to 79 now, had ''Time Played' set back by about 90 minutes, and after me trying for ages to get 40 kills with the shotgun attachment that was set back to 18/40.

WTF ? :mad:

After the past 2 days I have noticed the FAD is weaker and has more recoil, like seriously WTF.

After the past 2 days I have noticed the FAD is weaker and has more recoil, like seriously WTF.

Especially when the fagpul pieces of **** are still massively overpowered. It makes you wonder if anyone involved in making the game actually plays it now. ANYONE who plays for longer than 2 games will see people multi killing with these things.

The fad was balanced fine IMO, sure it had a monster fire rate but it was balanced by high recoil and low damage.

• Advertisement

hightower1 wrote: »
    Especially when the fagpul pieces of **** are still massively overpowered. It makes you wonder if anyone involved in making the game actually plays it now. ANYONE who plays for longer than 2 games will see people multi killing with these things.

The fad was balanced fine IMO, sure it had a monster fire rate but it was balanced by high recoil and low damage.

Yet the damage is even lower now unless you pull host which barely gives you an advantage anymore.

Advertisement