Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Simmental.

Is LM2014 still available?

Did something happen to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Simmental. wrote: »
    Did something happen to him?

I thought someone said on here before that he was gone.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭tanko

That turned out to be wrong at the time, he was available in June anyway.
    His docility figure on ICBF isn't good, are his calves a bit lively?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

What did you decide in the end squinn2912?

I'm a bit late to the party but not seen a bad KZH calf yet.

Meant to post this earlier, but can't link Twitter off the phone.
    Under serious pressure with the calf (s) in her when she lies down. Poor lass.
    https://twitter.com/LadyHaywire/status/1197194431641870336

I have a cow like that when she was incalf to a char. Once I switched to Limosuin on her, she has being fine since. She's 15 years old now, so can't complain.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

tanko wrote: »

1 calf here, a whopper but lively

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Moondharrig knell lm4217 if munster, ewendale ivor lm2014 if with dovea

Just seeing this now. And what d’ya know 2xIvor and 1xKnell. Not that pushed on docility score of knell hope they don’t end up crazies

Now just noticing all the other replies. Phone didn’t notify me. Thanks guys. My Ai man loves Ivor. Knell worries me a little but then so did Bollide and that wee heifer is bulled now. My policy is not to go lim ai as we have a lim bull (most of these heifers his daughters so soon a new issue) but nothing sells like it or ch in our area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Who2

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Just seeing this now. And what d’ya know 2xIvor and 1xKnell. Not that pushed on docility score of knell hope they don’t end up crazies

Now just noticing all the other replies. Phone didn’t notify me. Thanks guys. My Ai man loves Ivor. Knell worries me a little but then so did Bollide and that wee heifer is bulled now. My policy is not to go lim ai as we have a lim bull (most of these heifers his daughters so soon a new issue) but nothing sells like it or ch in our area
    I’ve a heifer off bolide here, coming 12 months and I wouldn’t be impressed with her temperament. As for Charolais they sell well anywhere it’s a pity they aren’t a bit tougher as calves.

Who2 wrote: »
    I’ve a heifer off bolide here, coming 12 months and I wouldn’t be impressed with her temperament. As for Charolais they sell well anywhere it’s a pity they aren’t a bit tougher as calves.

Yea our wee girl is a lovely one and panics a bit when cornered but she’s grand. I find all parthanese dislike handling or being annoyed they’re very irritable. Make good wee cows though.
    Ah I know that about the Charolais of course. My point is that outside of lim, ch and maybe a bb you don’t get much here round the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

I have a ped bull off him 11 months old he used to be going around the field bawling during the summer I thought not good, but sence he went in he is a pet no problem scratching him in the pin on his own just stands their.

• Advertisement

How in the name of God can a bull drop from -1.70Kg milk at 97% Rel to -3.00kg at 98% in just 2 months. The mighty ZAG folks. What he hell is going on here?
    It looks like his daughters are just calving down now. Just prooves that they can tell fook all from the Genomics testing.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I’ve been advised to stay clear of Lodge Hamlet. Calves meant to be stone wild. Any experience that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Apologies if this has already been covered but I’ve been advised to stay clear of Lodge Hamlet. Calves meant to be stone wild. Any experience that?

I only have the one.....no issue with temperament....a lot of pedigree breeders using him and again I have not heard of any issue

He has a very good score for docility on ICBF.
    Lm2014 has a very poor score for docility on there.
    I've no calves off either yet.

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I only have the one.....no issue with temperament....a lot of pedigree breeders using him and again I have not heard of any issue

What age is yours, what do you think of Lodge Hamlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

What age is yours, what do you think of Lodge Hamlet?

He is shapey but I’m not sure how much he will grow up:D. I get a photo tomorrow.

He has a very good score for docility on ICBF.
    Lm2014 has a very poor score for docility on there.
    I've no calves off either yet.

Yea I can see into that. I’d some very jumpy calves but I think they’d have come, I sold them. No hamlet here

I've a young Lodge Hamlet bull here. Extremely quiet animal. I expect him to be vertically challenged too. :D
    Heifers by him will be a disaster, I think. Just don't look right from what I've seen of them. No milk either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I've a young Lodge Hamlet bull here. Extremely quiet animal. I expect him to be vertically challenged too. :D
    Heifers by him will be a disaster, I think. Just don't look right from what I've seen of them. No milk either.

Talk cow with lots of milk needed so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Would there be a little bit of something else in his back ground to make him small!!!!

• Advertisement

Would there be a little bit of something else in his back ground to make him small!!!!

That's what I think too. The heifers I saw look like bb' s anyway.
    His myostatin status is nt821/+. All the belgian blues are nt821/nt821.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

If you search #lodgehamlet into Instagram theres some serious stock, mainly English.

Talk cow with lots of milk needed so

I'd say you'd need a Holstein cow to have a Lodge Hamlet daughter with any milk.
    I noticed today that the sires of Gamin (ZGM) and Loyal (LM4184) are full brothers.

I'd say you'd need a Holstein cow to have a Lodge Hamlet daughter with any milk.
    I noticed today that the sires of Gamin (ZGM) and Loyal (LM4184) are full brothers.

Is it not Rocky (rox) and Loyal?

Rocky and Laurel have the same sire, Jacot.

Rocky and Laurel have the same sire, Jacot.

Sorry, misread what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

anyone have any cows/heifers by netherhall jackpot, ive one not a iliion miles from calving..doesnt look like she is going to have much milk:(

annubis wrote: »
    anyone have any cows/heifers by netherhall jackpot, ive one not a iliion miles from calving..doesnt look like she is going to have much milk:(

Looking at his breeding he's very poor for milk, he looks like a hard calved muscle machine.
    What's the mother off, any milk coming from that side?
    Might be no harm to have some biestings handy if there's nothing there for the calf when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Who2

Anyone any experience with tomschoice jet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

Looking at his breeding he's very poor for milk, he looks like a hard calved muscle machine.
    What's the mother off, any milk coming from that side?
    Might be no harm to have some biestings handy if there's nothing there for the calf when it arrives.
    big panda cow, ya pretty good for milk, jackpot stars changed totally from ai ing time to when this lady arrived and yes definitely hard calved, wouldnt use again

Advertisement