Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

no tar bane no win
    BMMachine wrote: »
    looks completely unbalanced. I'll say it again, the matchmaking in dota 2 is an absolute farce.

Is it still worth picking up a compendium if you arent playing the game? what other features does it have?

you can view it in game without buying, there will be a fantasy league thing

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

you can view it in game without buying, there will be a fantasy league thing

ooohhh, now thats cool. I knew they had one last year as well. Might get it so

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Prizepoool over 5 million now!
    http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium/

also shall we make a fantasy league for boards and we all join and do the live draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You can have max 10 people in a league (cause it works like NFL fantasy football), you might need multiple leagues. I've already joined one with some mates.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

As have I

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've never used any cash in Dota before for chests or stuff like that but the compendium seems interesting,is there much in it ala challenges and stuff?
    I won't have any interest in the international stuff if thats what its about

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I don't follow teams/players at all and I bought it simply because I wanted to buy something. To me, it doesn't feel right putting 100s of hours into a game without paying something. I bought the compendium and some rare keys and ended up with some awesome looking item sets for heroes I can't play :)

If you watch the international with your compendium you'll love it, watch the main even when it's on its so good, gf loved it so much even though she rarely plays, we'll be heading to some TIs in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

10 hero challenge complete, Mag is such a mediocre hero.

Had a mental game last night. By the 10 minute mark, the score was 18-18.

Enemy team had a 4-stack. The io, razor and ursa were aggressively tri-laning and dived our tower a lot, resulting in myself (veno) and lion (friend) feeding a bit early, our slark (mid) copped on to what was happening and destroyed them.

They were constantly attempting these insane ganks but never quite pulled them off. I am 99% sure they were trying to emulate what they saw in the internationals but simply weren't good enough to pull it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

The new stretch goals are so underwhelming. A new hero design competition or something along those lines would have been interesting.

Seen this destroy my team twice by ruining early/mid game farm so decided to emulate it. I know it's a risky build but it's pretty fun for pubs. Basically NP goes mid and rushes dagon, then after level 6 tps in around the map zapping people. If you can go in for safe kills before hand do so. Nab boots, then Crystalys, Maelstrom, Deso etc.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/668038682

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Pudge is ruining lower mmr games. When you see an instapick pudge on your team, you basically have a 30% chance of winning the game, if you're lucky.

Better than kag puck, I'll take it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Better than kag puck, I'll take it! :D

Best Puck EU

FU

Techies taunt stretch goal reached...so he will be coming after TI4. good move to make people buy the special techies taunt/compendiums

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I did it, I got a compendium \:D/

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I'd advise anyone who is looking to play regular CM games to join the UKdota inhouse league. A majority of the UK's best DOTA's players play in it and I've really enjoyed it so far. Very easy to use

http://www.ukdota.net/

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I did it, I got a compendium \:D/

Is there really any point in getting one at this point. I haven't bothered, only because I'm trying to save every penny I have, but may get one at the end of the month when I get paid.

At this point?! there's still 2 months left on it! Or do you mean to wait?
    By getting it now you level it up, get more items etc, can make a fantasy team and so on.

Kunkka wrote: »
    I'd advise anyone who is looking to play regular CM games to join the UKdota inhouse league. A majority of the UK's best DOTA's players play in it and I've really enjoyed it so far. Very easy to use

http://www.ukdota.net/

Can't get into it without a referral though.

• Advertisement

At this point?! there's still 2 months left on it! Or do you mean to wait?
    By getting it now you level it up, get more items etc, can make a fantasy team and so on.

I had no idea how long it lasts for. I deliberately avoided trying to learn anything about it, but figured buying one late would be a waste of time. I guess not.

I just liked the idea of the 10-hero challenge. As it's long completed, I have no idea what to do with it now. But now there is gonna be a downscaled feature of this implemented (daily challenge or something?). Should be fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I just liked the idea of the 10-hero challenge. As it's long completed, I have no idea what to do with it now. But now there is gonna be a downscaled feature of this implemented (daily challenge or something?). Should be fun.

It's going to bring the quality of games down. Instead of having your usual 1/2 supports everyone will be carrying to do the challenges. I can't see it ending well.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    I had no idea how long it lasts for. I deliberately avoided trying to learn anything about it, but figured buying one late would be a waste of time. I guess not.
    Yeah I'm not sure offhand but there is ages left anyway.

Yeah you get a hero every day to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

played through the tutorial on this today. Im not sure if its for me. Ive a lot of hours put in on League of Legends and the transition across is probably a bit more difficult than I would like. Seems like there is a bigger Irish scene for dota though so I might give it another crack tomorrow

Ah give it a try and pop in the boards channel, the irish channel and try out some games on teamspeak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Can't get into it without a referral though.
    If you're from the UK/Ire you're pretty much guaranteed to get in I believe, I think Will or one of the other admins will do the referral part, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Is there really any point in getting one at this point. I haven't bothered, only because I'm trying to save every penny I have, but may get one at the end of the month when I get paid.

I was just jealous of Tar's one last year, it seemed like it made it more fun to watch. Didn't have the funds earlier either, just got it when I did.

Cannot win a fuking game of Dota at the moment. Low MMR is an absolute cesspool. Its just Bingo. 80% of games are over before they start because of ludicrous drafts.

• Advertisement

Eh I lost my games yesterday but we were experimenting in non ranked games. My offlane Brew in one game did a lot of work, was 12-2 up but I fell off late game as expected, and our safe lane did not have a good time either.

Advertisement