Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

lol, the xp graph in this game is no way indicative of how even the game was for the most part. Also highlights the problem when your storm enters 35 mins with only 2 items. No way to reliably kill a linken's manta morph.

lol, forgot game link

http://dotabuff.com/matches/720214057

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Out of pure curiosity I'm trying to see what % of games I can predict the result of. Low MMR is is incredibly predictable, the vast majority of the time you can see from the draft and the lanes that the game is over before it starts.

Like this one for example. Last to pick was the Drow ranger. Just what we were missing. A Drow/Elder Titan dual lane. Genius.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/720406183

Kunkka's such a beastly hero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not to self never get aghs on viper early, team do not take advantage, fully carry mode

Boat on viper is great :D

Not to self never get aghs on viper early, team do not take advantage, fully carry mode

Boat on viper is great :D
    You got carried so hard. Every few mins "oh tar died somewhere on the other side of the map" :D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

creating space killing all their towers on my own :p

i think their storm going linkens carried us :p
    Also he used ulti to jump on me ...with 0 mana... pmsl...run bitch

He got really tired of dying to x -> boat. lvl 1 boat, 400 dmg, rofl. He exploded over and over again to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I should not have won this game.

Our CM was more interested in ganking and didn't bother getting mek til late game which lost us some early team fights. They took our T2s, mid barracks and got our ancient to 40% by the time we only had two of their T1s. We got our sh1t together, won some fights and got mega creeps. Somewhere along the way, brewmaster and lich smoked up and tried to backdoor the ancient and got killed by the ressers. Nerves were shot by the end

Our CM was more interested in ganking and didn't bother getting mek til late game which lost us some early team fights.

Precisely what a CM should do, a CM is also a terrible mek carrier since she can't support the mana cost alongside her spells. All of your cores have good innate damage and can go BKB first item or can farm it as a 3rd item very fast and has high mobility vs a 0 lock down team. Radiant cores threw with item selection.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Precisely what a CM should do, a CM is also a terrible mek carrier since she can't support the mana cost alongside her spells. All of your cores have good innate damage and can go BKB first item or can farm it as a 3rd item very fast and has high mobility vs a 0 lock down team. Radiant cores threw with item selection.

I get that, but this CM specifically said at the start he would get mek, but went force staff and pipe first. If I had known that, I would have gotten mek first

• Advertisement

I should not have won this game.

Our CM was more interested in ganking and didn't bother getting mek til late game which lost us some early team fights. They took our T2s, mid barracks and got our ancient to 40% by the time we only had two of their T1s. We got our sh1t together, won some fights and got mega creeps. Somewhere along the way, brewmaster and lich smoked up and tried to backdoor the ancient and got killed by the ressers. Nerves were shot by the end

Hang on a second. There were TWO meks on your team! :rolleyes:

When you run dual lanes like it looks like you did and your mid is not a good mek carrier, your supports are not going to get the jungle gold to build an early Mekanism, so you basically shouldn't expect one.

When that happens I tend to get an Urn on the support instead. I would get a mek on crystal sometimes if I feel I can have it before 20 minutes.

Speaking of crystal I pretty much saw it all yesterday. I picked her early in the draft in this game because she was my challenge hero for the day. What was drafted afterwards made be wonder how the **** we were going to lane it. Then to my absolute horror, Doom went jungle and Rubick decided to go and support the Bounty, leaving me to play a solo safe-lane Crystal against a Lich and a Kunkka.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/722145985

I got raped under my own tower of course and out of spite I blatantly refused to purchase a ward for the entire game, but somehow we ended up winning relatively comfortably.

Dota is just stoopid sometimes.

Yes there were 2 meks. I got urn early but sold it later to buy mek (or wards, can't remember). CM had a mek about 2 mins later.

CM got a few kills early and should have had enough for mek. But then he started initating by force staffing into a team and casting his ulti and dying in about 2 seconds. Considering he wasn't buying wards he should have had enough for one before this.

Yes there were 2 meks. I got urn early but sold it later to buy mek (or wards, can't remember). CM had a mek about 2 mins later.

CM got a few kills early and should have had enough for mek. But then he started initating by force staffing into a team and casting his ulti and dying in about 2 seconds. Considering he wasn't buying wards he should have had enough for one before this.

I dont think selling an urn for a mek is a good idea. I would have just kept it and gotten another utility item. Urns are totally under rated; probably one of the most cost effective items in the game. Plus, you can kill with it. :o

http://dotabuff.com/matches/721799716

I get that, but this CM specifically said at the start he would get mek, but went force staff and pipe first. If I had known that, I would have gotten mek first
    Disregarding simple bad play, snowballing an advantage with cm by going a fast force is pretty decent. Ogre's a fairly horrid mek carrier too. I do prefer urn + medallion though for the build up and survivability. Most of the time I'm just gonna buy a ghost scepter instead of force. CM nuke is good damage on a low ish cooldown, surviving to cast it 2-3 times in a teamfight is super good.

Anyone watching Alliance versus C9 right now?

Alliance running a wisp Sven combo plus the treant heal and Natures for extra global gank presence. Disgusting. Loda just murdered everything in game one.

Alliance looking good for a whitewash.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Alliance looking good for a whitewash.

And of course its gone to Game 5. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hi, been a good few months since I've played Dota, so probably rusty and just wondering what heroes have been nerfed/upgraded?

I'd usually play Drow, Naga, Lycan, Ursa, Alchemist, Witch Doctor or Shadow Shaman (albeit can play more). Any of them been taken apart for pub gameplay this year?

Anyone ever watch siractionslacks Dota 2 related Youtube channel?

Some funny stuff on there. He won a ticket to TI4 but couldn't afford to go and decided set up a crowd-funding page to pay for flights, accommodation and a new computer in return for some new content and interviews from TI4 in his usual "****ty-dota" style.

He asked for $5,000 and was pledged over $8,000. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtblm_rJi0Y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

titan18 wrote: »
    Hi, been a good few months since I've played Dota, so probably rusty and just wondering what heroes have been nerfed/upgraded?

I'd usually play Drow, Naga, Lycan, Ursa, Alchemist, Witch Doctor or Shadow Shaman (albeit can play more). Any of them been taken apart for pub gameplay this year?

Drow: Her silence got changed, she's pretty much the same apart from that though.

Naga: No major changes that I can think of.

Lycan: He lost the extra HP on his ult but he's still the same OP bastard he always is. :pac:

Ursa: His fury swipes isn't an attack modifier anymore - this means that instead of having to get a Vlads for lifesteal, you can just get a morbid mask, allowing you to do Roshan extremely fast (if you're jungling, you can do it with level 3 fury swipes and the morbid mask). Then you can get a different attack modifier later on if you turn the mask into vlads - orb of venom is nice for chasing (skadi if you're very rich), maybe a diffusal blade, lots of room to experiment.

Alchemist: His stun got nerfed (less charge time to figure out where you want to throw it), and the stun counter doesn't tick down while the projectile is in the air anymore.

Witch Doctor: He got a huge buff on his heal, to the point that most people are maxing it after casks now (or even maxing it after 2 or 3 points in cask sometimes). A good while back he also got a buff on his ult allowing him to place it farther away from the hero when he casts it.

Shadow Shaman: Pretty much exactly the same I think? Got a scepter buff for his ult ages ago.

titan18 wrote: »

Drow - Still trash tier in general. You can play her sometimes mid if your allies are smart enough to give you enough protection. They wont.

Naga - I like her as a mid hard carry sometimes. Check out Arteezy's mid radiance build on her. I think its by far the best.

Alchemist - Sucks in general as a hero for a few patches now. Takes too long to come online to be the main core. Might still be viable as a support but I don't think he does enough.

Ursa - Very situation as a counter-pic. Better on Dire side because of Roshan. A lot more powerful when you have two supports in particular; Crystal and Wisp, althuogh very useful in trilane where you have any chainstunning supports. Also works well in partnership with Dazzle.

Witch Doctor - I'm not convinced by the popular bloodstone build on him. I like Euls, Blink, Aghanims. I alternate between maxing heal or maladict depending on the nature of the lane. A lot of players make the mistake of taking maladict over voodoo restoration when they need it to maintain the carry in the lane.

Shadow Shaman - Shadow Shaman racecar build - euls, drums, blink. forget arcane boots and get boots of travel later. Try playing him mid sometimes. Very good against invoker.

• Advertisement

I'm so amused.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Naga: No major changes that I can think of.

range on the Riptide was reduced. big enough deal if you are playing her mid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I was good at Drow on mid in pub games. Wouldn't play her in a proper game, but in a pub match, can put up a lot of kills once you've got a shadow blade to roam and escape.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think with the pace of the game in the new meta, drow is a bad hero.

Just watched the enigma on my team cancel 2 five man black holes in the same game by activating his BKB immediately afterwards.

Awesome!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wp

Was it you? :P

wp

Was it you? :P

I can't land one man black holes, never mind 5.

It was this bloody douche. I already had him on my mute list but forget to check loading screen that game.

http://dotabuff.com/players/160237067

Non safelane void win rate maintained at 100%. This time, mid void vs invoker.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/727520041

Easily the most ludicrous game of dota I've ever played.

We got absolutely murdered early game. Meepo decided to jungle from lvl 1. 17 minutes in the score is 17-2. I am still lvl 5! We've completely lost map control and cant go in our own jungle because we're being terrorised by the Night stalker and Timbersaw. Meepos only item is boots of travel. GG?

We turtle for a while and things improve slightly but kills are still racking up for the enemy. 48-20 at one point and meepo was 0-9-1 30 minutes into the game. i've gone double bracer on disrupter and I'm just waiting for the pain to be over

They push and take mid racks, but meepo manages to backdoor them while they're diving the fountain and takes their top tier 3 and the range racks. After that its pure chaos with fights breaking out all over the map while meepo split pushes and alch finally gets online with some good items. Invoker mid went midas but somehow ended the game lowest level and feeding 15 kills.

58-35 on kills to the enemy, but we win. Just look at the XP graph!!!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/727720531

• Advertisement

I would love to know how the hell this guy is on the same MMR as me (seems a much better player) and why he keeps ending up on the opposite team.

http://dotabuff.com/players/73626322

Gettign tired of being raped by his invoker.

Advertisement