Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Sometimes dota's nearly unwinnable, safelane potm builds an orchid, offlane weaver builds .... an orchid... meanwhile enemy riki is killing... everything despite the SD warding very well. That being said, there are some good MM games, some bad. People just remember the bad ones more than the good. At least I broke my 11 game losing stream, unfortunately my TA win rate's below 70% :/

Heart breaking when you are on 11 win loss and we are going to win, and the message pops up that there are network connections mmr will not count :D

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

is this the part where we go "game is hard" ? :p

dont play solo ranked matchmaking. it is absolutely pointless. you want to get better? play with good players? then find and join a team. play inhouses. its more work then pressing "play matchmaking" but that play matchmaking button might as well read "retard roulette".

anyone watching empire - EG atm? Empire seem to be doing a Na'Vi and deciding to play good only in the lower bracket. DK will win the thing though, having the 2 best dota players in the world really help :p (Mushi and iceiceice)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Heart breaking when you are on 11 win loss and we are going to win, and the message pops up that there are network connections mmr will not count :D
    hahah, man, that game was really snowballing our way too with those 3 kills on PL. Solo MMR isn't pointless for improving if you first think "What could I have done better?" rather than knee jerk saying "this guy's so bad". Sometimes you will have game losing players on your team but you know what, deal with it.

hahah, man, that game was really snowballing our way too with those 3 kills on PL. Solo MMR isn't pointless for improving if you first think "What could I have done better?" rather than knee jerk saying "this guy's so bad". Sometimes you will have game losing players on your team but you know what, deal with it.

i suppose thats true for the newer players. old dogs like me will always pretty much know why they lost immediately so it just becomes a lesson in patience as you either watch the guys around you lose the game because they cant listen to reason or keep it together, or that happens to the enemy team and you win in 20 minutes. the attitude and mannerisms of 90% of the player base makes ranked anything really off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

BMMachine wrote: »
    i suppose thats true for the newer players. old dogs like me will always pretty much know why they lost immediately so it just becomes a lesson in patience as you either watch the guys around you lose the game because they cant listen to reason or keep it together, or that happens to the enemy team and you win in 20 minutes. the attitude and mannerisms of 90% of the player base makes ranked anything really off putting

This is really funny considering you consistently display the worst attitude of anyone on this forum in literally every post you make.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    This is really funny considering you consistently display the worst attitude of anyone on this forum in literally every post you make.

doesn't make me wrong though does it.
    theres a difference between venting on a forum and playing a game. yeah you are right, ive bitched on moaned on here plenty of times about the complete lack of standards displayed by so so many players. ive often found that people that use forums like this are a far different breed to the players im actually talking about. you can see it in the posts and in the threads around the place as they are generally of a high standard. if you happen to get annoyed with me because i bring up the ugly side of these games then whatever, its a big problem in them, in fact, the biggest problem. "muted reported :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD easy" etc. - its the behaviour of lowbrow simpletons and with the way matchmaking works, you get locked in with them which to be frank, is bullsh1t. if you are onboard with the whole "REPORTED" culture, then whatever, cant be helped, maybe you are too plugged in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

5 of my reports were successful yesterday,
    11 the day before haha

5 of my reports were successful yesterday,
    11 the day before haha

all deserved I hope :p
    just seems to be the auto reaction of players. "im losing - reported", "that guy is telling me how not to die - reported", "that guy is saying reported - reported"

I'd rather have 4 russians on my team than you.

casual racism. reported

• Advertisement

casual racism. reported
    > Well Played!
    > Well Played!

all deserved I hope :p
    just seems to be the auto reaction of players. "im losing - reported", "that guy is telling me how not to die - reported", "that guy is saying reported - reported"

if anybody says anything BM they get reported, as it should be. I clearly report the right people as I have 40+ reports to use constantly from bonus reports.

if anybody says anything BM they get reported, as it should be. I clearly report the right people as I have 40+ reports to use constantly from bonus reports.

broken system :(

Not really, if people rage, like I imagine you do, often, They should get punished.

Not really, if people rage, like I imagine you do, often, They should get punished.

nope I don't rage in game, kind of a waste of time. But sure, what does it matter what I say :) I'm sure you and your friends on this thread are having a good laugh at your light trolling, which is tolerated.
    just another example of how right I am, the mentality I see in game being transferred onto a forum for no other reason then spite. Just like the guy who won't plant wards because someone dared to say "wards" or "ward this spot".

I refuse to believe a BMMachine does not BM

I refuse to believe a BMMachine does not BM

had the name before BM meant bad mannered :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

casual racism. reported
    If people rage, like I imagine you do.
    I'm sure you and your friends on this thread are having a good laugh at your light trolling, which is tolerated.
    just another example of how right I am, the mentality I see in game being transferred onto a forum for no other reason then spite.

Stop with the sniping please. If you can't post something constructive, don't post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but is there any organised Dota 2 gaming nights for boards.ie people? If not what would be the best way about playing with some of you guys?

Join the boards channel in game, and the ireland channel, or add people to friends, here is the player list
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj8B4VEP5pUCdDQ5WU1LdFZMakZtM3gtNUR4RWFOaFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Also there is teamspeak to talk to us while you play: 188.165.244.23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Cheers for that mate. I think I have a few people already on a friends list.Looking to getting back into Dota and give it a proper go this time around. thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

reminds me of my game in dota 1, final of a small LAN tournament... where our throne had 1 hp when we won, a few milliseconds before our throne was destroyed. Both thrones were gone. Both teams stood up yelling and cheering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

A few of my fellow feeders got this done for my birthday to take the piss. ****ing brilliant

We won a game for him as puck for his birthday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Nice woollen jumper gets me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Lol at the vid,

Dat new patch hype though, 6.81 looks pretty awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sounds like the changes to tusk's snowball makes him into a cross between puck and tiny. Well, I've only played tusk once, but thats what it sounds like to me

Ursa and Huskars orbs aint orbs no more! its the little things that I like :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Game breaking bug today, sure it'll be hotfixed shortly though.

Basically if venge dies to any non-hero controlled unit the server crashes and the game is removed from the annals of history.

I sometimes manage to sneak a game at lunch time, but have to be pretty time concious and was on the end of this earlier.

Advertisement