Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, wanted to grind some ranked today but I'm waiting until they fix this to play, bit of a pain in the arse. At least it's not affecting tournaments as they've just banned Venge.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah, wanted to grind some ranked today but I'm waiting until they fix this to play, bit of a pain in the arse. At least it's not affecting tournaments as they've just banned Venge.

But it's awesome. If you're losing a game, just put Venge in a camp to die. WINNING

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

But it's awesome. If you're losing a game, just put Venge in a camp to die. WINNING

Haha yes hilarious that managed to slip out for a while. Hotfix is out now for it.

Went mid with Timbersaw against Huskar because everyone else refused, actually not as bad as I feared. The absolute mouth foaming rage coming from Huskar was hilarious.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/630308611

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

timber is excellent against huskar in a teamfight, although id still expect some spear pounding and making the timbre leave the lane. One does not simply lane against huskar

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

One does not simply lane against huskar

Viper sh1ts on Huskar.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Haha yes hilarious that managed to slip out for a while. Hotfix is out now for it.

Went mid with Timbersaw against Huskar because everyone else refused, actually not as bad as I feared. The absolute mouth foaming rage coming from Huskar was hilarious.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/630308611

first item sange on that huskar. what hes raging about appears to be his own lack of intelligence :p
    timbers minus strength bonus from the whirling death is good but with 2 equal players the huskar wins that lane 100% of the time. Tar is right though, timber is a much better teamfighter and imo an overall better mid hero

edit - that was a ranked matchmaking game? holy moly. that doesnt appear to be even near balanced

Anyone see this draft from C9 that caught out Finatic? Well worth a watch.

http://www.dotacinema.com/vods/8302

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

My arm was twisted in to playing semi competitively again and we won our first game in this http://fluffyspoonesports.com/league/

The Alan Dota Experience is my team along with Myst,Will (the guy that runs UKDota), Joe(the feeder that made that video of me above) & Sproink. A few decent UK teams in this from the UKDota scene if any of you guys are interested the matches are ticketed. Was fun to play at a semi decent standard again. I died to first blood in the first game so there is an item on the rounds that reads awarded for Craig giving first blood. #Born2feed , I think I landed every ulti as AA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Kunkka wrote: »
    My arm was twisted in to playing semi competitively again and we won our first game in this http://fluffyspoonesports.com/league/

The Alan Dota Experience is my team along with Myst,Will (the guy that runs UKDota), Joe(the feeder that made that video of me above) & Sproink. A few decent UK teams in this from the UKDota scene if any of you guys are interested the matches are ticketed. Was fun to play at a semi decent standard again. I died to first blood in the first game so there is an item on the rounds that reads awarded for Craig giving first blood. #Born2feed , I think I landed every ulti as AA :)
    I remember Will and Sproink from the first iteration of ukihl... pretty good times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lot of range in this game as out drow went midas phase and farts were enough to kill her. Fun comeback though. Dat 40k swing :D

lFBMrYl.png

• Advertisement

reinstalled tonight as a mate of a mate wanted to play.
    3 games
    game 1 - went clock longlane. our top lane (clinkz & rubic with axe jungle) repeatedly died. axe was level 4 12 minutes in. enemy team trolled. game went on 45 minutes. ended something like 52 - 10
    game 2 - went viper mid vs invoker. won heavily. ganked all lanes. game was over by 28 minutes. score was 29 - 7
    game 3 - im sitting in it now. score is currently 48-6 to the enemy team. im in their jungle in a hidey hole waiting for the game to end. its 36 minutes in. their team is crowded around the fountain with a pudge.

as my mate said "I would literally pay €100 to valve for a concede function"

edit - we are playing one more. 15 minutes in and we are up 20 - 4. not a balanced game in sight :s

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

BMMachine wrote: »
    not a balanced game in sight :s

9W8HCZr.png

I dunno I had a pretty good bank holiday weekend, 7 of the games were balanced up until at least 30 minutes, with 3 games being balls to the wall right up until the final clash, and only one game was fountain camp level of stomp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We got stomped by disgusting Dota: NP, Bristle, Pugna, DP and Visage. We won every teamfight but every time we won a fight they'd take the tower we were defending anyway. 3 of them just went straight Necro. Disgusting Dota :(

GO_Bear wrote: »

I dunno I had a pretty good bank holiday weekend, 7 of the games were balanced up until at least 30 minutes, with 3 games being balls to the wall right up until the final clash, and only one game was fountain camp level of stomp

I just uninstalled again immediately after. yeah I remember some nights where it was like "that was actually pretty good" and you'd have a ton of great games but over the past few months its just been a waste of time. I won my last game there really easily. it was over about 15 minutes in so I was just pushing as much as I could with weaver. Started getting flamed and the "REPORTED" stuff by my own team for pushing and ending fast. DotA 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

BMMachine wrote: »
    I just uninstalled again

I'll light a candle in remembrance

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

had a great game last night, which we lost, but what the hell, this match was balanced on a knife edge for the 62 minutes.

we even fountain farmed them for a few mins, i was sure we would win. they didnt give up though and we lost a team fight at the end and they bulldozed down our mid and i was the lone defender (as CM).

Dotabuff

im enjoying the trench tier (2,7k MMR) range. i dont play as much as i'd like but i do get relatively close matches around 70%. i watch almost all of my replays so i do get to see the overall standings in game.

Crystal Feeden

Played PA twice for the first time last night, won both, even though both times they got monkey king bar.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/646633072
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/646677008

First game was pretty tough, ended up getting a gem at one point because they had so much invis/gank potential it was sick. Sentrys just didn't cut it.

Should I just be going Phase instead of Treads? I then went helm/bkb then skull basher. What's the best sequence of items for any seasoned PA players?

It's not critical but I'd go for phase, gets so much attack speed innately for burst, may as well do dem big crits.

Definitely phase over power threads.

• Advertisement

Personally I prefer treads most of the time for tread switching, you only lose 14 damage compared to phase and the potential str/int switch is too good imo especially since you have blink strike. Treads is also better for manfighting.

But with threads you come online later, at least if the team is taking to you, phase boots gives PA that bit more oomph in fights, and deals decent damage without crits anyway.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I'll light a candle in remembrance

ah well, if I'm not enjoying it, I'm not enjoying it. much prefer watching teh proz anyhow. its just not the game I used to know. trollwars in which you get punished for taking it upon yourself to not get trolled isnt my idea of fun, just not down with the culture of the game anymore :s

phase always on mortred. if you get a big crit & kill in a teamfight you want to move onto the next target asap. like, the health is nice but the way I see it, if you are going to die your going to die. an extra ~200hp won't help in 95% of cases

I hardly play solo, Dota is much more fun with at least 3/4 players you know on TS/Vent etc.

I usually get phase on PA (and it'd be more standard) but you can make the case for either, seen plenty of PAs get treads in competitive. Just depends on your preference and the particular game, some games your team wants to be the aggressor and you can just go ham with phase, some games the extra HP can make a big difference early, and as NeoSlicerZ said, they get better the more comfortable you are with tread switching (especially on a low mana hero like PA).

That build sounds fine, personally I think the helm of the dom is better with the treads build than the phase. Vlads can be an alright pickup in some games too, but the important thing on PA is to get your BKB up and start fighting - she does damage a lot earlier and falls off earlier compared to most carries.

Justice wrote: »
    had a great game last night, which we lost, but what the hell, this match was balanced on a knife edge for the 62 minutes.

we even fountain farmed them for a few mins, i was sure we would win. they didnt give up though and we lost a team fight at the end and they bulldozed down our mid and i was the lone defender (as CM).

Dotabuff

That is maybe the worst linkens pickup I've ever seen :pac:

Maybe he just didn't want to get mana voided dude. Plus it's got the regen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

he certainly wasn't the invoker that you are dreddy! to be fair he played ok, linkens was his 4th item i think, from the replay he looks to have been stalled from the 30 to the 55 minute mark buying the linkens. AM was a non factor in that game.

remember though, this is sub 3k mmr, mistakes are par for the course here.

The proper Race Car Death Prophet build:

Bottle+Brown boots then Drums+Euls first items and forego the arcanes/phase to rush boots of Travel. 522 movement speed in 30 minutes.

Bloodstone is over rated.

EZ.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/648180368

• Advertisement

Tusk, Necrophos and Zeus (!) are not viable lane support heroes.

Whoever the hell spread this idea into the world of dota needs a good slap, because it seems like every second idiot that manages to snatch the captain in my games wants to draft them this way.

So much reporting.

Advertisement