Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

colonel1 wrote: »
    The army reserves, wow that is cool. How does one get into the army reserves (formerly the FCA)? As you can tell from my boards name, I am interested in all things military. I wanted to join the army when I was younger, but wasn't the regulation height!

I used to do debating at school (but that was a very long time ago, so I didn't put that down on the CV. I also did charity walks, again years ago!
    If you're interested in the RDF, swing over to the Military forum as there's a load of help on hand there. Otherwise, head to your nearest branch on a training night (ring up beforehand) and they'll tell you how to get involved.
    Lol. are the banks giving out loans these days? I know you have to get a guarantor for any loans over 2,000 Euro, which can be a pain. I have been thinking of the LLM in TCD for a while. Good luck with your scholarship application though!
    The banks aren't but the credit unions are! I have a CU account which I've been paying into so I'll be able to take out a loan to cover the tuition fees for the UK (which are cheaper than here)
    If money is a serious problem have you considered the continent? English LLMs in the Netherlands are 1700e, 560e in Belgium and free in Scandinavia (although the cost of living is higher)
    Wow, did they get an internship? Or were they called to an interview for one?
    They've been offered one for June.
    Got a PFO from AC. Nicely worded, though one of my friends who has been shortlisted for the WIP didn't get it either, so standard must be exceptionally high. Gulp
    What is the WIP? Just curious:-) The standard is exceptionally high. Too many applicants too few jobs! Despite this law is proving to be a popular choice again with CAO applicants. More rivals in the pipeline;-)
    WIP is the Washington Ireland Program, it's a leadership program for young people from the Republic and Northern Ireland. I applied for it a couple of times and was interviewed for it twice although failed to make the final cut!
    I am beginning to think that Arthur Cox use leaving cert results as a way to filter applications as I know a lot of people with very good grades but points would be about 520 there abouts, perhaps there is a 550 or above requirement! Hard to know!
    Dunno about that: I got 540 points and was interviewed by AC for a traineeship, although got a PFO when I applied for the summer internship.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

birdie89 wrote: »
    juliach wrote: »
    Sorry about your pfo from Ac, got mine this morning too :(

i think MOP will be sending pfos and calling succesful ppl next week. the interview is due on the 29th for sure.

Do you know if MOP are using the phone interview again for their first round summer internships? of is it a face to face interview straight away?

They got rid of phone interviews, two face to faces instead the first being in two weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

BW are ringing around re interviews next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

DeSourire wrote: »
    BW are ringing around re interviews next week.
    Hi,
    I talked to the girl in hr and she told me they meant to call this week ( monday/tuesday ) and hold the interviews next week........

Hi,
    I talked to the girl in hr and she told me they meant to call this week ( monday/tuesday ) and hold the interviews next week........

They only called me this morning at 11am.

• Advertisement

thanks for letting us know, best of luck :)

thanks for letting us know, best of luck :)

Thanks, I can't recall how many times I have applied to them-I've finally gotten an interview-there's hope for us all yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Got a PFO from McCannFitz too. Friend of mine got an interview in April though.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Hi,

It's pretty crazy that they are holding the interviews right in the middle if the fe1s! Surely they could gave avoided them, it's only 2 weeks long! Ah well no call so probably not relevant to me anyways :)
    Well done on getting an interview, they are tough to get into! Best of luck :)

It's pretty crazy that they are holding the interviews right in the middle if the fe1s! Surely they could gave avoided them, it's only 2 weeks long! Ah well no call so probably not relevant to me anyways :)

Thanks, next week will be pretty intense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

McCann Fitz PFO today. Now it seems I might get one for BW too. Wow, makes me feel so unemployable. Part of the game I know. Fate you're taking too long, I want in!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Hi,

Yes indeed, well done and best of luck desourire:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

moonbino wrote: »
    McCann Fitz PFO today. Now it seems I might get one for BW too. Wow, makes me feel so unemployable. Part of the game I know. Fate you're taking too long, I want in!!!!!

Lol there is a book/film in this Moonbino- the top 10 law firm rejects club;-)

Lol there is a book/film in this Moonbino- the top 10 law firm rejects club;-)

Lol. Yes, if I never become a solicitor I might as well make some money from the attempt. Haha

Beechey wrote: »
    Byrne Wallace are calling around now.

Hi Beechey, sorry for the random post, I couldn't seem to send you a PM, I have an interview with BW next week for their summer internship. I would be really interested in working there. Any tips re interview etc. I know it may be different to the traineeship one but doubt it could be too different.

Thanks a mil. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purpleglory

If they ask you for a recent commercial topic don't bring this up.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0317/1224313472029.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Has anyone heard from MOP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I haven't heard from MOP yet.

Someone in my AC interview said their favourite website was boards. I must find this girl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

No word from MOP yet, not wanting to sound cocky but I made it thru interviews with them for traineeships last year so maybe they havent got calling yet.

Any word from A and L?

MOP pfo :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Got an interview with MOP and feedback from AC saying that id have gotten an interview if my cv had a better layout. In case anyone else is applying, they care a lot about format!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Rats. PFO from MOP. =(

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

hey guys! does anyone know what format the mop first round interview takes? just general cv discussion?
    also they have two internships - anyone know how many interns they take??

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Hey Guys,
    I just got yet ANOTHER pfo. I always ask for feed back on my applications, but something about this feedback was unusual. It was for a small firm in Cork, however they told me that location was a factor they used in filtering through cvs. The address on my C.V was the other end of the country to Cork, and my degrees are from NUIG.
    do firms actually consider this in application? I thought it was something of an urban legend? They did also say experience and cv overview were considered, so i'm not at all suggesting that I missed out solely on location, i'm just in shock that it's even a factor at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

I'm surprised they told you that but for a small firm, it makes sense. If they train you, it's probably with a view to you becoming a solicitor within the firm and as such, they hope you'll bring business. This is more difficult if you aren't from the area. Also, there is an increased chance that you would settle better if you are from the area so you already have a support base. Oh and they wouldn't have to worry about unsuccessful interviewees forking out money for transport/petrol costs and taking time off from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I applied for four summer internships: MOP, McCann Fitzgerald, AC and Maples.

So far, I've got PFOs from AC and MOP. But I got an interview in early April in McCann Fitzgerald which made me feel at least somewhat employable. Maples said they won't be contacting applicants until mid-April.

Does anyone have any advice for the McCann interview? Is it one-on-one?

No word from MOP yet, not wanting to sound cocky but I made it thru interviews with them for traineeships last year so maybe they havent got calling yet.

Any word from A and L?

Hi, did you get an email confirming receipt of application from A&LG? I got one to confirm registration but nothing after I submitted the application. Thanks :-)

Any word from A and L?

Hi, did you get an email confirming receipt of application from A&LG? I got one to confirm registration but nothing after I submitted the application. Thanks :-)

Got my pfo in the post. Saving them all in a binder. Hehe

hi,
    got a letter from A&L telling me i have been selected for an interview for summer intern, any tips please?:eek:

• Advertisement

hi,
    got a letter from A&L telling me i have been selected for an interview for summer intern, any tips please?:eek:

Congrats and all the best :-)

Advertisement