Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

ADLegal wrote: »
    Interviewed last Monday from Eversheds and have not heard anything yet.

last Monday? I thought they were only interviewing on the Saturday! means they interviewed more people....Great! Hope is seriously diminishing at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ADLegal

They interviewed on both Monday and Tuesday evenings for those who could not make it on Saturday. How did you find the interview? Found mine very difficult. It was very much a good cop/bad cop scenario

They interviewed on both Monday and Tuesday evenings for those who could not make it on Saturday. How did you find the interview? Found mine very difficult. It was very much a good cop/bad cop scenario[/QUOT

ooo right ok! you any idea of how many interviewed altogether? There was 35 at the Saturday interview! found the interview ok, couldnt really tell to be honest! no hideous questions or anything!
    wish they would just let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

birdie89 wrote: »
    They interviewed on both Monday and Tuesday evenings for those who could not make it on Saturday. How did you find the interview? Found mine very difficult. It was very much a good cop/bad cop scenario[/QUOT

ooo right ok! you any idea of how many interviewed altogether? There was 35 at the Saturday interview! found the interview ok, couldnt really tell to be honest! no hideous questions or anything!
    wish they would just let us know!

I got a call today so hopefully they will be in touch with good news soon.

DeSourire wrote: »

Congrats DeSourire! Thats great news!! Think there was only 12 positions so presume they rang everyone today! Shall wait for the rejection letter in the post:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jmann2011

Did malcomson law ever get back to anyone who applied for traineeship back in early January?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Maples ringing around with interviews today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

Called Eversheds HR yesterday to see had all successful SIP candidates been contacted and she said they would not be finished contacting people until the end of the week, still some hope yet for those of us who haven't been contacvted yet it would appear....

Congratulations DeSourire, were you given a start date? I think they said in the interview that it would be the 19th of April is that right?

Also anyone hear from BW yet? I know their HR department is notoriously tardy but surely they have started contacting at least some interviewees already.....

Called Eversheds HR yesterday to see had all successful SIP candidates been contacted and she said they would not be finished contacting people until the end of the week, still some hope yet for those of us who haven't been contacvted yet it would appear....

Congratulations DeSourire, were you given a start date? I think they said in the interview that it would be the 19th of April is that right?

Also anyone hear from BW yet? I know their HR department is notoriously tardy but surely they have started contacting at least some interviewees already.....

Starting the 19th with eversheds, looking forward to it. BW sent an email on Tuesday saying they were processing the applications and would be in touch but haven't heard anything back yet.

Starting the 19th with eversheds, looking forward to it. BW sent an email on Tuesday saying they were processing the applications and would be in touch but haven't heard anything back yet.

Just to clarify they have had interviews and are processing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

Hi, I have an internship interview with A&L Goodbody next week, just wondering if anyone here has completed this interview and what questions they were asked during it.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sarah333

Maples ringing around with interviews today

When are the interviews? Didn't get a call unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

jmann2011 wrote: »
    Did malcomson law ever get back to anyone who applied for traineeship back in early January?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheDarkKnigh

Just to clarify they have had interviews and are processing them.

Eversheds is a top firm and seems to me a much better place to work than BW.
    Obviously Im not overly confident of getting a successful call tomorrow but just wondering if I do, do you think there is some kind of hierarchy involved?
    You being called earlier in the week meaning you were at top of the list whereas those called on friday were towards the bottom?
    That seems like a natural conclusion to me but I know firms dont usually work like that, they usually have their list and contact everyone. Given the difference in time between contacting people (she told me some successful applicants wouldnt be contacted till end of week) it would suggest a hierarchy

Obviously Im not overly confident of getting a successful call tomorrow but just wondering if I do, do you think there is some kind of hierarchy involved?
    You being called earlier in the week meaning you were at top of the list whereas those called on friday were towards the bottom?
    That seems like a natural conclusion to me but I know firms dont usually work like that, they usually have their list and contact everyone. Given the difference in time between contacting people (she told me some successful applicants wouldnt be contacted till end of week) it would suggest a hierarchy

I wouldn't think so tbh, if you think of how busy these firms are they're hardly going to have the time. It could be because they haven't had the time to review some of the applicants or it may be the case that some people might not take up the offer. They may also be undecided about on how many to actually take on. Hopefully you'll get a call tomorrow anyway but I honestly don't think there is a hierarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Not sure why you would say that. Have friends who are lucky enough to work in both places and to be honest (if you're talking about hours), then BW is better on the aggregate.

Regards quality of work, both are at the higher end of the legal spectrum in Ireland. In terms of training, both seem like they give you plenty of responsibility (with smaller intakes vis-a-vis some other firms). Money wise, both are considerably less (at trainee level) then the big 5 firms.

hada wrote: »

Not sure why you would say that. Have friends who are lucky enough to work in both places and to be honest (if you're talking about hours), then BW is better on the aggregate.

Regards quality of work, both are at the higher end of the legal spectrum in Ireland. In terms of training, both seem like they give you plenty of responsibility (with smaller intakes vis-a-vis some other firms). Money wise, both are considerably less (at trainee level) then the big 5 firms.

Just to clarify-it looks like I said that but it was actually posted by someone else- I have great respect for both firms-hence the reason I applied to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BW1

Has anyone who interviewed with ByrneWallace been offered the internship or heard from them since they sent the email around to interviewees last week?

Has anyone done the interview for A & L Goodbody recently. Just wondering what type of questions came up.

BW1 wrote: »
    Has anyone who interviewed with ByrneWallace been offered the internship or heard from them since they sent the email around to interviewees last week?

They were ringing around today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 cooper1234

Anyone hear back from A&L Goodbodys since interviews? Think they were/are calling today

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

cooper1234 wrote: »
    Anyone hear back from A&L Goodbodys since interviews? Think they were/are calling today
    had mine yesterday didn't get a call yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BW1

juliach wrote: »

They're giving verbal offers today - will most likely be sometime this evening as they were interviewing up until lunch today. Hopefully someone will post up when they hear back either way. Good luck to all!

has anyone received a rejection from eversheds yet? I know the interns are supposed to be starting this week but hate the way some firms don't even tell you that you didnt make the cut!:(

BW1 wrote: »
    juliach wrote: »

They're giving verbal offers today - will most likely be sometime this evening as they were interviewing up until lunch today. Hopefully someone will post up when they hear back either way. Good luck to all!

Hopefully! Good luck to you too. This waiting around is a killer :/

Did anyone get an offer from A & L Goodbody :)

Did anyone get an offer from A & L Goodbody :)
    no luck, did you get an offer?

no not yet

Maybe they aren't calling today? #wishfulthinking

• Advertisement

no not yet

stay pos Brendan :-)

Advertisement