Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Contracts Julia, i got an interview too. When are ya in?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

I got an interview for A&L on the thursday! as there's only one interview as opposed to first and second round just wondering if anyone had any tips? does it seem to be a lot harder/more intense than a first round interview in the other firms?

also, does anyone have any tips for mop?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

Lockstep wrote: »
    Contracts Julia, i got an interview too. When are ya in?
    thanks :-) well done for getting the interview.mine is on the 18th of ap at 10.15.will call them on Friday to find out more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Congrats on the A&L internship interviews guys. Be affable and don't hesitate to ask questions. Have an opinion on current events. Most imporantly: relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

Hi guys,

Could anyone who has experience tell me what to expect from a second round interview please?

First round was quite informal. A sort of 'get-to-know-you' I suppose.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Blackrockcomet

It depends on who it's with. Some firms move it up a notch with more commercial questions. For others, it can often be a very similar interview to ascertain whether they can work with you and to get another opinion on you. If it's different people don't be afraid to use some of the same stories, especially if they illustrate your strengths best. If the same people, it might be a good idea to prepare a few different examples to cover your strengths.
    Take confidence from the fact that you must be one of the strongest candidates that they've met and concentrate on selling yourself as the right fit for the firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JaraCane

Everywhere interviews are out - taking place this Saturday (which is great as my brain is sure to be fully mushed from the 3Fe1s I sat this week!!):D

Was told on phone it's a 20 min competency based interview - anyone out there been through it before? And is some commercial awareness thrown in to keep you on your toes? Also is it one or two round selection process? Can't seem to find it on their website and forgot to ask on the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JaraCane

Oops meant to write Eversheds... See my brain really is mush

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

JaraCane wrote: »
    Oops meant to write Eversheds... See my brain really is mush

Congrats!! Do they interview many for their internship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sarah333

Anyone hear from McCann Fitzgerald about the internships yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

sarah333 wrote: »
    Anyone hear from McCann Fitzgerald about the internships yet?

Yeah got a PFO last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

PFO from Eversheds today

Glinda! wrote: »
    PFO from Eversheds today

was this after interivew? or a general pfo before interview stage?

No interview jus general PFO encouraged me to apply for traineeship bla bla bla ... said starting internship this month so would gather the interviews are really soon or already going on

Glinda! wrote: »
    No interview jus general PFO encouraged me to apply for traineeship bla bla bla ... said starting internship this month so would gather the interviews are really soon or already going on

yeah interviews were on sat! supposed to be finding out by next tues at the latest!

Best of Luck! Id say you have it in the bag especially if its starting so soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Well done birdie:-) Did you have your ByrneWallace interview yet? Btw what email address did you send your BW application to?

Did anyone on here apply to Orpen Franks or Doherty Ryan?

colonel1 wrote: »
    Well done birdie:-) Did you have your ByrneWallace interview yet? Btw what email address did you send your BW application to?

Thanks! I never got an interview for BW though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

birdie89 wrote: »

Thanks! I never got an interview for BW though!!

You are welcome birdie:-) Dang it is getting harder to keep
    up with who got what as the thread has become so long:-)

You are welcome birdie:-) Dang it is getting harder to keep
    up with who got what as the thread has become so long:-)

haha i know! I did apply to BW but haven't gotten my PFO yet! think interviews were last week! theyre quite slow at getting back to the rejects - have applied a few times and they've always taken ages!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

Hi guys,

Any word from Maples?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

moonbino wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any word from Maples?

They said they wouldnt be letting people know until mid april, which more than likely means towards the end of this month. If anyone gets an interview it would be great if they throw it up here, as I have a feeling that Maples are like BW in that they offer interviews a few weeks before sending out PFOs, and it would be nice not to have a few weeks of false hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hi guys,

New to this thread, but from some of my reading I gather it's for a discussion on interviews for top firms for jobs, internships and traineeships?

I sat my first 4 FE1's in March, I have a couple of questions, do you need to have all FE1s sat before you can start applying to these places, and how does one go about applying etc? I'm not really sure what way to go about things to be honest so any replies would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 colbags

just wondering if somebody out there could throw up a sample cv of the type of ppl who get into the big five?? Points, college results, sports, school, college, any other achievements.

How high an achiever do u have to be?

I know a mate of mine in A & L who is ordinary to above average in intelligence. The way ppl go on in here its seems you need to have clongowes, 550 + points, trinity law , debating, rugby, students union, washington programme....etc. etc.

I am professional myself in another industry. Just wondering what exactly the level is.

what is the standard level of the candidates going for these jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

chops018 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

New to this thread, but from some of my reading I gather it's for a discussion on interviews for top firms for jobs, internships and traineeships?

I sat my first 4 FE1's in March, I have a couple of questions, do you need to have all FE1s sat before you can start applying to these places, and how does one go about applying etc? I'm not really sure what way to go about things to be honest so any replies would be appreciated.

you can do the internships from 2nd year of your degree onwards. No need for FE1s at all.

Generally the applications for traineeships become available on the firms own sites around september and the applications for summer internships are available in january-february generally.

You simply go to the firms site, and apply. If you want a list of firms, check the legal 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

NoQuarter wrote: »
    you can do the internships from 2nd year of your degree onwards. No need for FE1s at all.

Generally the applications for traineeships become available on the firms own sites around september and the applications for summer internships are available in january-february generally.

You simply go to the firms site, and apply. If you want a list of firms, check the legal 500.

Cheers for the reply NoQuarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Next week was meant to have the second round of interviews for MOP as well as A+L's interview. Pulled out of both of them as I got a job working for an NGO in DC for the summer.
    Best of luck to everyone still in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

Hi, anybody had the a&l interview already? mine is next week and involves case study, any tips?
    cheers,
    J

Has anyone heard from Eversheds??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ADLegal

Interviewed last Monday from Eversheds and have not heard anything yet.

Advertisement