Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Qualified from my champions league group, finished second, one point behind Barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Going to find it very hard to make the switch over to FM13 now. I would like to win the CL and our new stadium will be ready in 11 months time.
    The game is holding up quite well this time round and is not slowing down much. The last 2 games I haven't been able to go past 2019.

I'm actually pretty surprised that after all these years they haven't included a feature to let you bring your save from the old version into the new. It would be hard to do, but I reckon you could retain a lot of customers that way.

Plenty of people buy it every two years, and often for that reason.

Wont be buying FM13 for a while yet - still a long way to go in my game.

Will Limerick be in the Premier Division for FM13?

Halleluiah - top spot!!

topspot_zpsc0932c27.jpg

I have never seen this before but I am very happy that we no longer will be re-paying our loan

The club got it to buy Jackman park back in 2013 for 725k

debts_zps70c52cf5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm actually pretty surprised that after all these years they haven't included a feature to let you bring your save from the old version into the new. It would be hard to do, but I reckon you could retain a lot of customers that way.

Plenty of people buy it every two years, and often for that reason.

Ya, that'd be pretty class... I'd love to be able to continue with my St. Pat's team as it is, but will be switching to FM 13 when it comes out (I kind of want a legit copy of game too :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have never seen this before but I am very happy that we no longer will be re-paying our loan

The club got it to buy Jackman park back in 2013 for 725k

debts_zps70c52cf5.jpg

Youre around 2022, right? It took nearly ten years to pay back 725k? :eek:

Just got offered 350,000 for my best defender, his contract ends in December and he won't resign (it's currently June). I'm going to try again to get him to resign but otherwise I'll have to let him go...

I am in 2022 yeah. It took that long - it could have been shorter but board decided to run off with all the money I made for them, and only decided to clear the debts once they could take all that they could :D

dulpit wrote: »
    Just got offered 350,000 for my best defender, his contract ends in December and he won't resign (it's currently June). I'm going to try again to get him to resign but otherwise I'll have to let him go...

Why would you want him to resign?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think he meant re-sign.

• Advertisement

I thought that after I re-read it a few times :)

I think he meant re-sign.

Indeed, grammar fail on my part... :o

I had a private chat with the lad, told him I'd have to transfer list him if he won't accept a new contract. He said he doesn't want to leave, so I offered him the biggest contract in club. Agent said we're miles apart and withdrew from talks. :mad:

dulpit wrote: »
    Indeed, grammar fail on my part... :o

I had a private chat with the lad, told him I'd have to transfer list him if he won't accept a new contract. He said he doesn't want to leave, so I offered him the biggest contract in club. Agent said we're miles apart and withdrew from talks. :mad:

Yeah that doesnt work - I have tried it a few times! Once it has worked, I nearly set everything to maximum and my striker agreed to stay with the club - was delirah with my stirah

Going to see if I can set a transfer date of December for him if I do sell him, that way we'll be able to use him for whole league (and hopefully European) campaign...

My amazing defender who won't sign has just got a hattrick in the first half of league game :(

One or two of my players asking me to terminate their contract for a fee! Are they mad? They are playing in the champions league first knockout round! Anyways I wouldnt pay them to leave the club!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

One or two of my players asking me to terminate their contract for a fee! Are they mad? They are playing in the champions league first knockout round! Anyways I wouldnt pay them to leave the club!!

Kieron Dyer asked the same of me. Cheeky fcuker was out with a broken leg and he wanted a huge pay off!

Just qualified for the champions league quarter final beating Inter 4-2 on agg!!

Just had the most amazing Quarter final 2nd leg at home to OL. They had legendary players like M'Vila and Hazard in their team. First leg was a 3-1 loss away. Had some confidence after getting the away goal even though we were torn apart. So we needed two goals and for OL not concede any...the match ended up 6 - 1 to us! (7-4 agg)

I am completely lost for words - I was literally fist punching and screaming when the goals in the 2nd half started to go in!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've got a player, Tshepo Mdluli, who refuses to score easy goals. Spectacular wonder strikes are his specialty.

• Advertisement

Limerick FC Challenge complete - literally still shaking, sweat was coming out through me in the last few minutes!

Pictures below:
    Winning1_zpsa874e243.jpg

Supporters Club renamed in my honour??
    Winning2_zps64d5d742.jpg

winning3_zps254eff37.jpg

Allardyce in disbelief
    winning4_zps153d66f3.jpg

winning5_zpsc05976a8.jpg

The Match info screen
    winning6_zps88890c51.jpg

Amazing! I'm very jealous you achieved that before me too!

1 shot, 1 goal? Nice...

So it looks like I will be playing Bayern in the Super Cup - they won the Europa League. I did beat them in the Group stages though. I plan to stay with Limerick for another season at least. Then I think I might take Rovers who have been in the Championship for the last few seasons back to the top of English footy.

So I reckon this could finally be my season domestically. We're 1 point behind Shamrock Rovers with 2 games in hand, we knocked them out of the League Cup, we have a handy draw in the FAI Cup and my players are scoring for fun.

Only problems are my 2 best players (striker & defender) not signing contracts, I've now transfer listed them but it's too late as they are within 6 months of expiring and my defender (Gary Breen, the younger) has signed a contract with a Scottish team, and I was offered decent money for him too :o

Now I have a few offers for another of my defenders, he's good but has over a year left on contract. If I can get over 500K I'll sell him though, I have the defenders to replace him...

Into the 3rd qualifying round for Europa League, playing Napoli I think though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

That's what I call clinical finishing.

Chavways wrote: »
    That's what I call clinical finishing.

They had Cregg well marked - everytime the ball was crossed in, he was cleared back out.

The goalscorer wouldnt sign a contract extension so had to sell him before he went into the 6 months free for all. Managed to sell him for 6million to Rubin (Russian Club). Getting a replacement MC (South American) for the same money who is pretty much the same player in terms of attributes so will be happy enough.

Also signed an unreal DL from a Nigerian club for pittance!

Ugh

59847_10152193636710307_542719156_n.jpg

After drawing with them and then beating them 3-1 and effectively dumping them out of the CL, Valencia have decided that the best approach of dealing with me is by offering me a job!

Turning it down. Waterford United have a far better wage budget!

• Advertisement

Just to let people know - this thread rocks. Could I ask that if people move over to FM 13 that they continue with their stories here and not in a new thread?

Advertisement