Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you thought when you were younger

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I thought that if a car ran over your foot, it wouldn't hurt 'cause tyres are filled with air and air is light.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I thought that the teenage mutant hero turtles actually lived under the manholes on the walkway.

I also thought that when music was playing that the actual singer was inside the speaker singing the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

In my parents first house the fuse box and esb meter were in the porch, behind a little door.

The butcher used deliver meat and leave it there, all wrapped up safe and sound, so i thought it was a meat fridge.

When we moved i couldn't understand where we were going to get our meat from as there was no 'meat fridge'

There was an Army barracks in the town, and on the gate it said post no bills. I thought this meant they just decided that they were not going to pay any bills (ESB, Telephone etc) so they put up a post no bills sign.... and couldn't understand why my parents didn't do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I also believed that when you swallowed chewing-gum it would stick to your heart!

Whenever i got cut and bled id run to the bathroom crying because i believed i was going to die and was beyond repair

I believed my teddy bears came alive when i went to sleep

Theres more im sure, ill be thinking of 'em :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

I didn't know the difference between "come" and "cum" for quite a while after my friends all found out about it.
    I couldn't go anywhere without checking my shoe laces or trousers fly while they all burst out laughing when ever i said things like *wait up i'm coming*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

I thought the moon followed me where ever i went.

I thought that if you broke the tv screen loads of tiny people would be freed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I thought that when you ate or drank that it went straight to your feet and built up until it reached your..ahem..hole/mickey. You could then pee and ****e.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dazzledust

I thought you had to fly into the moon (through the yellow hole in the sky) to get to the next country and then you were officially out of Ireland.

I also believed for years that clove drop sweets would turn into moths when you put them in your mouth.

That clouds came from the Aughinish Alumina factory (can be seen from my house)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

I used to be believe that if I sang a particular song that the sun would come out. The louder I sung the sunnier it got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

I thought that IRA were the Irish version of the FBI.

I was very young it has to be said.

Id be there thinking 'god im not going to do anything illegal when i grow up as the IRA will get me in there own special way'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AED

When I found out that Santa wasn't real, I was fine with it but I asked my parents did that mean the tooth fairy was made up too. Apparently I was devastated on hearing there was no such thing as fairies and started roaring crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I thought I'd have to emigrate for a job when I grew up ....oh wait .. crap nothings changed and I was right :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭sophieblake

foxyboxer wrote: »
    I thought that when you ate or drank that it went straight to your feet and built up until it reached your..ahem..hole/mickey. You could then pee and ****e.

:rolleyes:

Ha ha I love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I used to think I could do magic. I thought if I broke something and left it under the bed it would be fixed in the morning.

I thought 'snot' was a swear word and that 'nigger' was the polite term for it. For some reason my parents never set me straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

At mass, when you shake hands and say "Peace Be With You", I used to say "Pleased to Meet You". I just thought everyone was being really polite :confused:

I also thought that babies came a year after marriage, as all my aunts/uncles/cousins had their babies around a year after marriage. When people who weren't married had babies I was very confused :eek:

I used to constantly pick and bite at the skin around my fingers, and my mother told me if I kept doing it, I'd get cancer (thanks, Mom). I literally believed it up until a few years ago (I'm 22!)

But does it???? :D

Advertisement