Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you thought when you were younger

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

At ten i believed everything at 20 i disbelieved everybody.Today much older i look for layers in everything and believe and doubt everything at the same time.We are too light and breezy in ireland.I saw talking cars in Disneys grafton st and thought is'nt growing up difficult enough without that nonsense.Kids hardly need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Don't know if I've said this before but I used to think we all lived inside the world. When I saw pictures of the world from space, I used to think that people lived under the blue parts and thats why the sky was blue. So by that logic I also thought that some parts of the world had green or desert-coloured skies.

God, kids are dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I thought that things that happened in the past were actually in black and white :o
    In a similar vein I thought that TV showed real events until I noticed that Kojak was also driving a tank during The Battle of the Bulge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I thought prettiness in a girl was inversely proportional to her promiscuity/sex-drive.

I though that too:eek:

Also i thought if you were a nice guy the girls would like you and let you into their vagina

I thought nickelback were good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

I thought a blow job was well like as the name suggests, blowing :o ...fortunately I found out before I gave anyone a blowdry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I thought a blow job was well like as the name suggests, blowing :o ...fortunately I found out before I gave anyone a blowdry.

Ha they really need to the change the name, im sure you are not the only one this has happened too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

When I was very young I asked my mother why some poos were messier than others. Rather than being bothered to explain the range of contributing factors, I was told that "if you make a windie when you're making a wee wee that makes the poo messy". Hence a year or so of holding in farts when I was sitting on the toilet.

I also remember in Dublin zoo asking my dad a certain guerilla was a figther guerilla like on the news. Evidently I misunderstood the concept of guerilla warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

When I was small I thought sex ment kissing
    And one day when I saw 2 people kissing and I roared out 'EWW THEY'RE HAVING SEX'

What I'd do to be 6 again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I thought life was fair. I thought you could trust people.

Still think people are good on balance but I wouldnt trust any of you mother****ers as far as I could throw you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I thought that little people lived inside the radio

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When I was really young, I thought people who spoke different languages were translating it into English in their heads, partially cause that's pretty much what I did for Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I thought to get the tour buses with no roof or half a roof, they built normal double deckers, then got giants to tear the roof off. I **** you not.

I also assumed that, because Irish people spoke English, English people spoke Irish. I think that one is fair enough. Not as bad as the first one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Funny story involving two parties:

Friend: *talking about something and mentioning head* Do you even know what head is?

Me: No?

Friend: Hahaha, and I'm younger than you and everything. It's a blowjob, do you even know what a blowjob is?

Me: Yeah, isn't that when a woman puts your penis in her mouth?

Friend: WTF? No, its when she rubs her hair around it! That's gross!

I blame Hollywood. They can be smutty, but don't give the entire picture. Thank god for pron!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When I was small, my parents used to go to mass on a Saturday evening and I'd be dragged along but since it was Saturday, Man United would be playing (more often than not...) and I'd be wearing my replica shirt.
    But I used to change my top before going to mass. My Mam thought I was a great boy for taking off the silly football top and putting on a nice shirt for mass but I thought if I wore a shirt with a devil on it, inside a church, the priest would shout at me and I would go to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I thought confession boxes were toilet cubicles, people never stopped getting taller and sex was putting a penis in cleavage.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

J. Marston wrote: »
    When I was small, my parents used to go to mass on a Saturday evening and I'd be dragged along but since it was Saturday, Man United would be playing (more often than not...) and I'd be wearing my replica shirt.
    But I used to change my top before going to mass. My Mam thought I was a great boy for taking off the silly football top and putting on a nice shirt for mass but I thought if I wore a shirt with a devil on it, inside a church, the priest would shout at me and I would go to hell.

Haha, I did the same. I wouldn't wear my Man Utd jersey to mass or go inside a church wearing it cos I was worried people would see the devil on the crest and be offended...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

I thought cocaine was what they made coca cola out off, ould never understand why it was illegal.......

I also thought that my Da was huge, turns out he's just 5 foot 8 and fat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I remember being really small and staring at the sun thinking it looked like a big hole in the sky..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I thought a man came around in the evenings to make sure you had gone to bed, i thought the weather forecasters controlled the weather, i thought the newreaders might be able to see you the same way you can see them, i thought dog's were always chewing pink hubba bubba, i thought wearing a particular teeshirt meant you'd get lost, i thought the sun rarely shone in the midlands, i thought leaving a marble outside made it go cloudy and i guessed fat literally fell off people onto the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I thought fairies and the boogie man existed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I thought Thin Lizzy was a woman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I used to think all horses were boys and all cows were girls.
    ... And then when they'd fall in love the cow would give birth to more horses and cows :o

Mine was similar to that but I thought that dogs were boys and cats were girls, until someone told me they had a girl dog, I laughed, asked my parents and they told me I was wrong. I got quite embarrassed being around that girl dog for a while :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That nobody would ever leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I have been told that when I was around 3, I thought all babies were born with penises and they fell off when you turned 1 :o

Also, less cringy - I thought that the button on airplanes that you press to get the crew's attention (the one with the person holding a glass) was to send an order for a drink to the bar in the airport and that they'd send someone out on another plane to give it to you. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Watching Scooby Doo, I came up with the idea that cartoons were actually real people acting behind a screen that made them look cartoon-y :confused:

This led to another conundrum; if Scooby is real, then how is he talking? He's a dog!

The whole 'drawing an entire programme' business knocked me for six a little bit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I used to think everything in life was so simple and nothing could go wrong....What id give to be young again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I thought that England and the USA were up in the sky as you had to get to them in an airplane.

I used to think cartoons were depictions of real life things and people.

I'm a twin and was born 10minute before my sister and i used to think that i would die 10minutes before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

theT wrote: »
    I thought cocaine was what they made coca cola out off, ould never understand why it was illegal.......

I also thought that my Da was huge, turns out he's just 5 foot 8 and fat....

You were actually right, the early recipe for Coca Cola did contain cocaine. According to wiki up until 1903 there was an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine in each bottle.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

As a boy of ten i was totally puzzled by the fact that adults did'nt like sweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

i tawt id have a job

Advertisement