Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you thought when you were younger

Options
  • 31-10-2011 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

I thought prettiness in a girl was inversely proportional to her promiscuity/sex-drive.

I thought that if you soaked conkers in vinegar for just the right amount of time it would make them unbeatable.

I thought if me Dad came home and I hadn't lit the fire, I'd get a belt of The Evening Press around the ear. (Oh, hang on,That one's true)

So AHers, what other things did you think/believe when you were younger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Santa Claus was real.....and Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I tought baked beans were little balls of mashed potato!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That After Hours was a passing fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

That people would treat you as you treated them...

Turns out that's a loada cack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I thought prettiness in a girl was inversely proportional to her promiscuity/sex-drive.

That is actually true - at least for me anyway... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

That rape and stab were the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I believed that babies were got from a hospital - you went in and picked one. I was furious with mum when she took home a boy I demanded she go back and pick a girl instead! Well, I was only 4....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

That Steve Majors was the coolest man ever.

Actually, he still is. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

I thought a virgin was a kind of a saint, as in the "Virgin Mary" meaning "Saint" Mary...

...ah, to be young and naive again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

That Steve Majors was the coolest man ever.

Actually, he still is. :cool:

I always thought that Lee Majors was an actor who played a character called Steve Austin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

That leaving phone cards overnight in the freezer would cause them to fill up with credit again. Didn't work. Then I tried leaving them in the freezer overnight with magnets attached. Yeah, still didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

I thought women spontaneously became pregnant when they reached a certain age.
    I couldn't understand why people were so mean about unmarried mothers, surely they shouldn't be blamed for getting pregnant before they met someone they wanted to marry.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

I thought if you swallowed chewing gum, it'd stick to your heart.

I thought if you crushed up a bag of crisps a bit before eating them it made "more".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

A broken biscuit did not have the same mass as a complete biscuit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I thought that things that happened in the past were actually in black and white :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

gatecrash wrote: »
    I always thought that Lee Majors was an actor who played a character called Steve Austin.

And right you are too, my friend. Clearly, I don't have a 'bionic' brain. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I used to think all horses were boys and all cows were girls.
    ... And then when they'd fall in love the cow would give birth to more horses and cows :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

alan1990 wrote: »
    I tought baked beans were little balls of mashed potato!

I thought baked beans were baby farts...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I remember being young and our dog was pregnant. I asked my mom if the puppies would come out the dog's mouth when they were born? Wtf was I thinking?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I thought if I put the little silver batteries from my Donkey Kong game into the freezer overnight that they would recharge and last a bit longer.

I also thought if you were a thespian, you were some type of lesbian.:p That's cringe-worthy.

I also thought you'd get really sick if you swallowed the seeds in fruit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I thought I'd stick my shlty job for just a year before I'd change and do something enjoyable

I thought if I twisted my handle bars around on my bike that I could still cycle it but by turning left to go right etc. Then I thought it would be safe to cycle down a steep hill that way.

I thought my giant koala teddy made a perfect boyfriend for the decidedly smaller barbie.

I was told if you killed a snail with a white shell that the other snails would cover you in your sleep. Completely believed this.

And very, very weirdly I thought the devil lived in mirrors and didn't look in a mirror for about two years unless someone else was in the room. Used to cover them over with sheets and everything!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

The VERY busy policeman that seems to be living a few doors away from every child who's been/being naughty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

I thought if I ate seeds from an apple a tree would grow inside me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

You had to be over Seven to drink "7 UP"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

That gay men had sex by pushing the tips of their penises together. And I'd demonstrate using my two index fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Genuine cringe-worthy one here:

Just about four years ago (aged 12) I heard the song "I wanna be a rockstar". I completely misinterpreted the meaning of the mile high club and kept telling my mother we were all members of the mile high club. I didn't understand why my older brother was laughing his ass off and when he finally told me I couldn't believe it and didn't talk for a good day or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I thought if I ate seeds from an apple a tree would grow inside me!!

Same. I was worried if I swallowed dirt and opened my mouth in the sunshine that I was asking for trouble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I thought I'd be more than good enough to play for Liverpool when I grew up. The fact that that turned out to be quite true is no great reflection on my football skills :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

kfallon wrote: »
    Santa Claus was real.....and Jesus!

I reckon Santa Claus has created more atheists than anything else.

Advertisement