Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gays want to take over the rest of Society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

yupyup7up wrote: »
    Sorry now but I have to disagree.

Not everybody that doesn't like homosexuality wants them dead or injured or whatever. I simply don't agree with it, but it's nothing to do with me. If I'm introduced to a gay person, I treat them as I would any other person.

I'm not going to say "Oh yeah I'm all for homosexuality", because I'm not for it, but I'm also not going to treat gay people any differently.

Biologically, gay people don't have kids, and I don't think anybody is in a position to mess about with nature. Next we'll be talking about putting wombs into men. It's insane.

I don't have any points to add other than it's not natural, which for me, is an extremely valid argument.
    Two men literally creating a child is not natural. It also doesn't happen.
    Being gay is natural. Because it happens.
    Freddie59 wrote: »
    Yep. That's about it. But, unfortunately, here on AH and boards.ie in general, people who believe in God; question gay behaviour; and so on are almost classed as freaks. Shouted down by those that you mention at every opportunity because they refuse to be 'assimilated'!:D
    So what you're saying is that you feel like a trod-upon minority when you express opinions on boards? Interesting. Maybe you should tailor your beliefs to suit the majority of this societal microcosm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nope, but if you are automatically against something for no other reason that "It's not natural" then maybe you shouldn't be using the internet. It's not natural after all.

You just don't see the comparison between people and material objects do you? From what you are saying, if I broke my phone, then I'd get life in jail for murder:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

My two cents on a few of the issues raised (as a gay 25yr old guy)

Gay marriage: I think people get very hung up on the word "marriage", I dont want marriage, i want the rights that come from marriage. civil partnership is a big step forward but it didnt go far enough. People calling for "gay marriage" are actually just calling out for the same rights a straight couple have. if the law does change, doesnt have to be called "marriage", call it a big puff party for all I care, once the rights are the same.

Gay adoption: ok, if the state decides that adoption is SOLELY for a married man and woman in a typical family unit, then fair enough-Ill accept that. however, as far as Im aware adoption is also open to single people. therefore I should not be discounted soley based on my sexuality. Id be a better father to a child than many I see going around today-what does it matter if daddy has a boyfriend? if the powers that be decide im not suitable, then fair enough-be it for financial or whatever reasons but at least let me apply and not have the door shut in my face simply because im gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You just don't see the comparison between people and material objects do you? From what you are saying, if I broke my phone, then I'd get life in jail for murder:rolleyes:

df1985 wrote: »
    My two cents on a few of the issues raised (as a gay 25yr old guy)

Gay marriage: I think people get very hung up on the word "marriage", I dont want marriage, i want the rights that come from marriage. civil partnership is a big step forward but it didnt go far enough. People calling for "gay marriage" are actually just calling out for the same rights a straight couple have. if the law does change, doesnt have to be called "marriage", call it a big puff party for all I care, once the rights are the same.

Gay adoption: ok, if the state decides that adoption is SOLELY for a married man and woman in a typical family unit, then fair enough-Ill accept that. however, as far as Im aware adoption is also open to single people. therefore I should not be discounted soley based on my sexuality. Id be a better father to a child than many I see going around today-what does it matter if daddy has a boyfriend? if the powers that be decide im not suitable, then fair enough-be it for financial or whatever reasons but at least let me apply and not have the door shut in my face simply because im gay.

I personally don't care about the marriage side of things. Marry away I say!

I wasn't aware that adoption was an option to single people. I wouldn't agree with that either!

• Advertisement

Facepalm for my comment? You're the one making outrageous statements!

My point was pretty straight forward. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly misunderstand it but..............you told me I my point was that you could murder your phone.

Dear oh dear!!

My point was pretty straight forward. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly misunderstand it but..............you told me I my point was that you could murder your phone.

Dear oh dear!!

You compare human relations with man made objects as an argument! Come on now, lets be realistic here. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you should try ridicule me (or yourself in this case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

I personally don't care about the marriage side of things. Marry away I say!

I wasn't aware that adoption was an option to single people. I wouldn't agree with that either!

The following persons are eligible to adopt:-

(a) a married couple living together; this is the only circumstance where the law permits the adoption of a child by more than one person:
    (b) a married person alone; in this circumstances the spouse’s consent to adopt must be obtained, unless they are living apart and are separated under (i) a court decree or (ii) deed of separation or (iii) the spouse has deserted the prospective adopter or (iv) conduct on the part of the spouse results in the prospective adopter, with just cause, leaving the spouse and living apart;
    (c) the mother, father or a relative of the child (relative meaning a grandparent, brother, sister, uncle or aunt of the child and/or the spouse of any such person, the relationship to the child being traced through the mother or the father);
    (d) a widow or widower.

A sole applicant who does not come within the classes of persons defined under (c) and (d) above may only adopt where the Adoption Authority of Ireland is satisfied that, in particular circumstances of the case, it is desirable to grant an order. It is not possible for two unmarried persons to adopt jointly.
    http://aai.gov.ie/index.php/domestic-adoption/introduction.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

damn gays coming over here taking our women:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You compare human relations with man made objects as an argument! Come on now, lets be realistic here. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you should try ridicule me (or yourself in this case).

Nope, I compared one thing that was not natural with another thing that was not natiral.

You see, your only argument is "it's not natural". It seems to me that something not being natural only bothers you when it suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Were here! Were Queer, I'd actually like a few more bears! RAAR!

Simtech wrote: »

(a) a married couple living together; this is the only circumstance where the law permits the adoption of a child by more than one person:
    (b) a married person alone; in this circumstances the spouse’s consent to adopt must be obtained, unless they are living apart and are separated under (i) a court decree or (ii) deed of separation or (iii) the spouse has deserted the prospective adopter or (iv) conduct on the part of the spouse results in the prospective adopter, with just cause, leaving the spouse and living apart;
    (c) the mother, father or a relative of the child (relative meaning a grandparent, brother, sister, uncle or aunt of the child and/or the spouse of any such person, the relationship to the child being traced through the mother or the father);
    (d) a widow or widower.

A sole applicant who does not come within the classes of persons defined under (c) and (d) above may only adopt where the Adoption Authority of Ireland is satisfied that, in particular circumstances of the case, it is desirable to grant an order. It is not possible for two unmarried persons to adopt jointly.

The law seems spot on to me! I reckon that civil partnership should be retained, but give any financial benefits etc. too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I blame the greeks
    feckin Quaresssssssss:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Not according to his good self......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Nope, I compared one thing that was not natural with another thing that was not natiral.

You see, your only argument is "it's not natural". It seems to me that something not being natural only bothers you when it suits you.

Is your sexual practices natural, do stick to the Christian method and only have sex for procreation????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Sinfonia wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that you feel like a trod-upon minority when you express opinions on boards? Interesting. Maybe you should tailor your beliefs to suit the majority of this societal microcosm.

Well, unfortunately, it is the reality.;)

4leto wrote: »
    Is your sexual practices natural, do stick to the Christian method and only have sex for procreation????

F*ck no!

I'm not Christian you see, so i don't take my instructions from the Bible.

It's just as well, because if i did i'd have to put my mother to death for working yesterday, the sabbath, according to Leviticus. I like my mother though. Most I could do it beat her up a bit!

I have sex for pleasure and because I am deeply in love with my other half. We actively prevent procreation though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

efb wrote: »

Google "Open House gay bears", choose the first link. You will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

(d) a widow or widower.

B reads to me as a couple with marriage problems!
    D is just a single person really, what does it matter if they were previously married.

• Advertisement

Were here! Were Queer, I'd actually like a few more bears! RAAR! QUOTE]

I think one of the principal arguments of the majority is; Yes, we know you are here and queer, we just don't need to have it paraded in front of us at every opportunity as in Gay Pride for example. There is no Hetero Pride parade as it would be considered crass and insulting to and by those who are not hetero.

I think one of the principal arguments of the majority is; Yes, we know you are here and queer, we just don't need to have it paraded in front of us at every opportunity as in Gay Pride for example. There is no Hetero Pride parade as it would be considered crass and insulting to and by those who are not hetero.

Google Stonewall for reasons for Pride

Good point. It would be the same as releasing a White Entertainment Television channel! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

There's a hetero parade nearly every night in Temple Bar.

lots of my hetro friends march at pride- they believe in equal rights for gays too.

Google Stonewall for reasons for Pride

I found a documentary on it, downloading now.

I blame the greeks
    feckin Quaresssssssss:D

They invented gayness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They invented gayness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La Gréce, Douze Points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

we should have elected dana she would have banned their decedent lifestyle