Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Tis grand, everyone always over dramaticizes the pain. tis a nip (ha ha) at best

Coming from the guy who had two large hooks inserted in his back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Takes a while to fully heal, 3-6months i was told by my piercer.

Initial healing is 3-6 months. Full healing on a nipple can take up to a year or more.

Also, go for a barbell, rings are tricky to heal. If you do want a ring, wait the initial healing time and then stick one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thank for the info, folks. I'm only considering it for the time being. I've heard good things about Snakebite for piercing so I might pop my head in the next time I'm in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Can anyone tell me if the knee is generally a painful spot to get tattooed? I have a fairly high pain threshold but Id like to know what to expect. I know everyone's different obviously but best to be prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Can anyone tell me if the knee is generally a painful spot to get tattooed? I have a fairly high pain threshold but Id like to know what to expect. I know everyone's different obviously but best to be prepared.

Don't have it done personally, but everyone I know (including two tattoo artists, so well used to tatt pain!) say it's a cnut

• Advertisement

Don't have it done personally, but everyone I know (including two tattoo artists, so well used to tatt pain!) say it's a cnut

Oy vey. Maybe not the best spot for my first foray into tattoos. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Oy vey. Maybe not the best spot for my first foray into tattoos. :D

Or, the best, because if you can handle it, everything after will be a piece of cake :D in general though, tattoos aren't very painful until a few hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ah it's grand, your arse hurts more and leg gets tired from being in the same spot more than actual tattoo pain

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Coming from the guy who had two large hooks inserted in his back :)

See above :D

See above :D

so seriously, one or two unpleasant parts, but you will find your arse cheeks and leg hurt more staying in an unnatural position depending on how its done ( mine were done with a bended knee

• Advertisement

so seriously, one or two unpleasant parts, but you will find your arse cheeks and leg hurt more staying in an unnatural position depending on how its done ( mine were done with a bended knee

I think ill probably run with that so. Just have to finalise what I want. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I've got both knees done. Definitely found the back of the knee to be more sensitive, doesn't mean the kneecap itself was a barrel of laughs though. I thought it was much much worse than anywhere else on the leg, including the bottom of my arse cheek(just goes to show how varied everyone's pain is).

I've seen people pass out getting their knees done. It's not an area I look forward to.

Just to touch on the point raze made as well, the positioning of your leg and knee can really exaggerate how bad you're feeling. After an hour on the back of my left knee, my hamstring and calf were both cramping up fairly regularly making the whole thing very unpleasant.

Adiboo wrote: »
    I've seen people pass out getting their knees done. It's not an area I look forward to.

Where I'm from we call them bitches.
    It's really not that bad chief, arm pit area is much much worse

Where I'm from we call them bitches.
    It's really not that bad chief, arm pit area is much much worse

It's usually the 'tough' ****ers that conk out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My thigh I had no problem with, hardly felt a thing, but the bit between the end of the femur and top of the knee cap hurt a lot, wasn't prepared for that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I have four tattoos. The first is a tiny one on my shoulder I got years ago. Took about 20 mins, wasn't painful at all.

Three years ago a tattoo shop relocated next door to my job. So over the last three I have gotten four free piercings, and three tattoos .
    A small one on my wrist, again not long enough of a sitting to hurt.
    my third is a fairly big on my left calf. It took just over an hour and I found the shading a bit sore but not too bad.
    on friday I got a freehand piece from the outside of my right thigh, across to the inside of my knee and back out to calf. I found near the knee very tough going.
    It took just over three hours, I am not good for pain but I know the artist quite well and it was down to him that I sat for so long. It was worth it, I love it and he loved doing it. Turned out much bigger than I originally wanted but any smaller wouldn't look as good.

I find the adrenalin from piercings gives a high whereas with tge tattoos for me is a case of grin and bear it

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Had nipple piercings done a month ago, at the time I thought it hurted so much, now I can barely remember what it felt like. Now it's just a matter of cleaning it twice a day(it goed produce some gunk, though) Bra's are no problem, I can still sleep on my side, really don't feel them at all. So for those who consider getting it done, find a good piercer and go for it, they look so awesome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I found my calf tattoo almost unbearable, so much so in fact that I swore I wouldn't have the other one done..

I hope the Mods don't mind me bumping this one along with an update..

As with most things time is a great healer and awhile back I got the other calf tattoo'd ~ and it didn't hurt one bit!.

So there ya go, a world of difference between both legs (different artists but I don't feel that made a huge difference).

Excuse the facebook photo but here it is (probably posted in another thread, can't be certain).

327294.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Nothing I have so far has really hurt, I really would love to get my septum pierced. I think it will hurt...But I have heard that if pierced correctly it should not hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Nothing I have so far has really hurt, I really would love to get my septum pierced. I think it will hurt...But I have heard that if pierced correctly it should not hurt.

I got my septum pierced a few years ago. It was piercing number 9 for me and I didn't find any of the others too bad, so I wasn't expecting that to be too bad either. Jesus was I wrong. It was done 100% correctly but it was still bad enough for me to nearly pass out with the pain. Well worth it in the end :D

I got my septum pierced a few years ago. It was piercing number 9 for me and I didn't find any of the others too bad, so I wasn't expecting that to be too bad either. Jesus was I wrong. It was done 100% correctly but it was still bad enough for me to nearly pass out with the pain. Well worth it in the end :D

I found my septum very easy except for the watering eyes. Minimal pain, even the stretching process(granted, it's only up to 5mm) was more uncomfortable than outright painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ribcage - is it as bad as they say? :D I would consider myself to have quite a high pain threshold. I didn't find my back too bad at all.

Ribcage - is it as bad as they say? :D I would consider myself to have quite a high pain threshold. I didn't find my back too bad at all.

Yes, yes it it. The back is a piece of piss in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Adiboo wrote: »
    Yes, yes it it. The back is a piece of piss in comparison.

Ah. Oh well! Thankfully it's only a small one I'm planning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    Had nipple piercings done a month ago, at the time I thought it hurted so much, now I can barely remember what it felt like. Now it's just a matter of cleaning it twice a day(it goed produce some gunk, though) Bra's are no problem, I can still sleep on my side, really don't feel them at all. So for those who consider getting it done, find a good piercer and go for it, they look so awesome! :)

Got mine done today. They hurt but no where near as bad as I expected. Bar my tongue (which didn't hurt at all) they're probably by easiest piercing. Dont get me worng, they hurt but I heard so many people say they were extremely painful I was expecting a lot worse. They did throb for quite a bit afterwards though.

Septum piercings seem to be fairly divisive. People either find them almost painless or horrific. Personally I found it awful. I almost passed out from the pain. It's my favourite piercing but just imagining having to get it done again makes me feel woosy. But like I said a lot of people seem to find it almost painless. And like I said, it's my favourite piercing so definitely worth it.

Yes. I consider myself fairly good with tattoos and have had artists say the same to me as well (as my above posts might suggest I'm a baby when it comes to piercings). I got a small tattoo on my ribs recently though and I have to say it was hard going. I only sat for forty minutes or so but found it quite hard. Really really sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This ribs pain talk is concerning, I'm planning a big one for next summer across one side of ribs and chest, and I thought the back was fairly rough (could only sit 4 hours a session as apposed to 6 - 7 on the sleeves).

So, that'll be **** I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I've had a good few of the sore areas being discussed tattooed (back, knees, underarm, etc), personally I found my stomach was hands down the worst of the lot. Nothing substantial on my ribs yet though... I must get that done next haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Back, arms and legs were all grand for me, the ribs were cruel, I could not take anymore after 2 hours and had to stop for ten minutes to try and compose myself

Advertisement