Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Me and a close friend both have conch and found it fine. Both healed up pretty straight-away too, with no complications, whereas another friend's snug piercing took months and months. Getting the right piercer makes everything a lot easier, as they'll minimise pain and set it up to heal as quickly as possible, but pain is really down to the person.

Usually, there's not much different between piercing X and piercing Y, but there's a difference between how person A reacts to it, which could be vastly differently from person B.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

How painful are the below ear piercings considered?

Ear head
    Rook
    Conch

Also could you recommend a reputable place in Dubin city center? Ive read on that metalmorphosis isn't one of the better choices, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I just have a rook done, wasn't that sore at all, over pretty fast anyway. Mines been a bit of a pain. It's never been infected but gets sore and crusty from time to time, even though I've had it years. But nothing serious enough to make me get rid of it :p

I got it done in Snakebite on lower abby street. They are really good there, and give you lots of info on after care and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just so you know, ClubDead, Metalmorphosis is gone now. It's called Connected Ink. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't think Connected have any connection to MetalMorphosis, other than that they moved (From Abbey Street) to the premises that MetalMorphosis used to occupy.

• Advertisement

I don't think Connected have any connection to MetalMorphosis, other than that they moved (From Abbey Street) to the premises that MetalMorphosis used to occupy.

Didn't mean to imply that, sorry! I just meant that they're in that premises now, my bad.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Didn't mean to imply that, sorry! I just meant that they're in that premises now, my bad.

I know that, just thought I'd spell it out in case anyone mis-read it! :)

I need to stop posting when I'm sleepy. I never clarify what I mean properly. :o

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johanna86

Though pain is very much,i love to do piercing on my ears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Back for another session on my sleeve on Sat the 1st hour or so will be on the inside of my bicep:eek: had 5 odd hours of it last time which was torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

dinorebel wrote: »
    Back for another session on my sleeve on Sat the 1st hour or so will be on the inside of my bicep:eek: although I had 5 odd hours of it last time which was torture.

Yeh im dreading the inner bicep mine will be getting done more than likely in the next couple of months and I reckon its going too be worse than the ribs or stomach.

One the lads in work got his done recently in Zulu and Sean but the numbing spray they have in there on him once he finished the outline, he reckons it was grand after that but killer the next day.

Yeh im dreading the inner bicep mine will be getting done more than likely in the next couple of months and I reckon its going too be worse than the ribs or stomach.

One the lads in work got his done recently in Zulu and Sean but the numbing spray they have in there on him once he finished the outline, he reckons it was grand after that but killer the next day.
    I went back in the next day for a session on the outer bicep and they couldn't believe how swollen my arm was.(looked good swole is the correct word I believe:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I honestly thought that compared to my ribs and stomach the bicep was easy. Near the armpits wasn't nice but nowhere nearly as bad as the 5 hours on my belly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Have to say, after getting the bicep done today, it feckin' kills!! He used the numbing spray which relieved the pain for a bit but as he was going from the bicep round to the tricep, it hurt like hell again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Have to say, after getting the bicep done today, it feckin' kills!! He used the numbing spray which relieved the pain for a bit but as he was going from the bicep round to the tricep, it hurt like hell again!!

My bicep was by far one of the easiest ones I've had. Didn't even feel it in places!

Adiboo wrote: »
    My bicep was by far one of the easiest ones I've had. Didn't even feel it in places!

Lucky bastid!! :p Have to say it's been the worst so far for me. I heard the forearm was a bitch but it was grand for me.

Lucky bastid!! :p Have to say it's been the worst so far for me. I heard the forearm was a bitch but it was grand for me.

Forearm was grand for me too!

Forearm was grand for me too!

Next one is going on the tricep, it can't be as bad! Can it?? :o :pac:

The worst!!!

Nah, that'll be a breeze!

• Advertisement

The worst!!!

:eek:

Nah, that'll be a breeze!

Bollix ya! :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I found my bicep the handiest one altogether
    Bruised like fcuk though but was not sore at all
    Tricep was bit of an ouch but not all that bad
    Still think ribs have been worst by a mile

The tricep wasn't to bad it's the inner bicep that's the killer for me.Different people have different experiences though what kills one is a breeze for another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Forearm is like being licked by kittens. Seriously. It was a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Found the arms and ribs grand. What did kill though was around the elbow, both on the elbow itself and the elbow pit on the inside of the arm. Only time I've had to say stop, could fell my jaw vibrating when the needle hit the elbow. Like a dull buzzing sound through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

Only got one on the lower part of my stomach everything was fine but the hip bones. Now that hurt a lot. My impression is that bony parts hurt more. Hip bone ,ribs,elbow, knees. Been told that behind the knees is very painful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Forearm was grand... my calf was horrible pain though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My calf was grand, I actually got a bit bored towards the end of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Only got one on the lower part of my stomach everything was fine but the hip bones. Now that hurt a lot. My impression is that bony parts hurt more. Hip bone ,ribs,elbow, knees. Been told that behind the knees is very painful too.

It really is all down to the individual, the hip bone while sore I found a lot easier than the ribs or stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Been told that behind the knees is very painful too.

They're horrible. It's the healing as well. Every step obviously bends your leg so, for lack of a better word, it cracks the damn thing. Really felt like a looong healing process. Glad they're outta the way to be honest

Advertisement