Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My ribs only took an hour and I'd rather get my back done for 6 hours than my ribs again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

My ribs only took an hour and I'd rather get my back done for 6 hours than my ribs again

Oh it was without doubt my most painful one yet. The last half hour aside it wasn't too bad. In fact I had a bigger pain in my neck and legs from cramp

I was the same
    Was just uncomfortable as well as being sore

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

After getting the elbow done the other day, turns out it's nowhere near as bad as it was made out...one of my easier ones actually.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    After getting the elbow done the other day, turns out it's nowhere near as bad as it was made out...one of my easier ones actually.

Found my elbow quite relaxing. Just awkward the way I had to position it but other than that I could've fallen asleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MissGymBunny

How much do you think a belly button piercing would be? And painful?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

My personal experience and pains scales (everyone is different remember)

1 (no pain) - 10 (horrible pain)

Lobes - 1
    Nose bridge - 1
    Eyebrow - 1
    Ear rim - 2
    Septum - 5
    Centre tongue - 3
    Sides of the tongue - 9
    Prince albert - 2
    Frenum - 3
    Penis shaft - 3
    Scrotum - 3
    Navel (bellybutton) - 1
    Lip - 3
    Hand web - 2
    Nape - 2
    Conch - 3
    Tragus - 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Karlitto wrote: »
    My personal experience and pains scales (everyone is different remember)

1 (no pain) - 10 (horrible pain)

Lobes - 1
    Nose bridge - 1
    Eyebrow - 1
    Ear rim - 2
    Septum - 5
    Centre tongue - 3
    Sides of the tongue - 9
    Prince albert - 2
    Frenum - 3
    Penis shaft - 3
    Scrotum - 3
    Navel (bellybutton) - 1
    Lip - 3
    Hand web - 2
    Nape - 2
    Conch - 3
    Tragus - 4

Just to emphasise the fact everyone is different.

Lobes - 4 (done with a gun though)
    Tongue - 0
    Septum - 10

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Just a question about surface bar piercings, now I've never had a piercing before - never even attempted ear lobes - but I'm pretty obsessed with these things, they look cool. Anyone get one/can recommend a good spot for them that wouldn't be wholly traumatic to someone who is terrified of the process of piercing? :P

(The thought of tattoos, on the other hand, doesn't bother me... I'm very excited to get started on that.)

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Just a question about surface bar piercings, now I've never had a piercing before - never even attempted ear lobes - but I'm pretty obsessed with these things, they look cool. Anyone get one/can recommend a good spot for them that wouldn't be wholly traumatic to someone who is terrified of the process of piercing? :P

(The thought of tattoos, on the other hand, doesn't bother me... I'm very excited to get started on that.)

Hello Ynwa,

Yep, the nape (back of the neck) is a pretty easy jobby and painless :)

• Advertisement

Karlitto wrote: »
    Hello Ynwa,

Yep, the nape (back of the neck) is a pretty easy jobby and painless :)

sounds good! Would you know wheres good to go for them?

Sure, are you in Dublin?

If so, Zulu Tattoo/ Iconic Art (same building) just off liffey street in Dublin city centre. Not sure if Patric is in today, but Nate should be, either are great at doing them, myself and a few friends have had them done by either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

You could also check out Bodyshock in Templebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Have 6 tattoos..

1 on each shoulder.. barely felt it
    1 on inside of either ankle, not sore at the time of getting it done but sore for a few days afterwards
    1 on neck - fell asleep for this one
    1 on upper spine, sore when tattooing over fleshier bit but no feeling when on spine...

next one?? maybe part of ribs!

Anyone have experience with finger tattoos and pain levels? I heard the hand itself was meant to be sore but some people say its not that bad but is there an (apparently) distinct difference for getting one on the finger itself since its close enough to the bone?

I've planned one there, and also ones on the beck of my hand, both wrists, a forearm piece, a full sleeve piece connected to a shoulder piece, one for the nape of my neck and one for the collarbone area... okay, I didn't realise it was that many. I may have gone overboard with tattoo planning...ive been thinking about it for years and now I'm totally obsessed with saying **** it lets go for it. Anticipating my collarbone to be a bitch as well as the upper arm but I think I'll leave them til last in that case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Anyone have experience with finger tattoos and pain levels? I heard the hand itself was meant to be sore but some people say its not that bad but is there an (apparently) distinct difference for getting one on the finger itself since its close enough to the bone?

The finger absolutely sucks. Worst 2 minutes of my life. Tattoos generally don't do well on fingers. Mine is still there, but my finger is probably a freak of nature. There is a high chance of the ink being mostly faded on yours in a matter of months.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The finger absolutely sucks. Worst 2 minutes of my life. Tattoos generally don't do well on fingers. Mine is still there, but my finger is probably a freak of nature. There is a high chance of the ink being mostly faded on yours in a matter of months.

Hmm feck, sounds a bit hit and miss alright. might not be worth the try. I'll probably just incorporate it into my hand tat if thats the general case with them

Adiboo wrote: »

Is that just for the insides of the fingers though? I'd have thought that the spot below the knuckles would be less susceptible to movement related fading

P_1 wrote: »
    Is that just for the insides of the fingers though? I'd have thought that the spot below the knuckles would be less susceptible to movement related fading

While it won't be as bad as the side of the fingers. The knuckles are still susceptible to fading. And would require more touchups than elsewhere on the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Look at you sounding all professional now Adi :p You've been spending too long in that shop. You've gone corporate man used to be cool : pac:

• Advertisement

So I wonder how sore the neck is... :pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Back of neck is handy, front of throat not so much my old housemate got it done and he was not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

not really a does x hurt Q but i want to get my back done but have a couple moles etc what exactly happens in that situation do they just go straight through the mole or will they cause problems ?

chips1234 wrote: »
    not really a does x hurt Q but i want to get my back done but have a couple moles etc what exactly happens in that situation do they just go straight through the mole or will they cause problems ?

They will have to go around the mole.

Aye they go around the mole, had 2 on my forearm that had to be done around but it isn't really noticable once the tattoo is done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

According to Marcello in AWOL he said getting the side of his neck tattooed was one of the most painful things he's ever done...but he still ended up getting the other side done so...

I'm starting to absolutely **** myself over the pain. I take it that's normal as a tattoo virgin though? I'm so unsure as to where to start wit my tattoos. What the least likely area to not scare the crap out of me re future tattoos?

I'm starting to absolutely **** myself over the pain. I take it that's normal as a tattoo virgin though? I'm so unsure as to where to start wit my tattoos. What the least likely area to not scare the crap out of me re future tattoos?

If you are worried about the pain of a body mod, you shouldn't get it done. Yes, they all hurt to some extent.

You have asked several times about piercing and tattoo pain.

Bottom line is, everyone is different, different people will have different pain thresholds, different body types.

The only way you are going to find out is just to go and get it done.

Tattoo's feel like scratching sunburn kind of, piercings are a more acute pain but are done quickly.

If you want a tattoo, yes, it will hurt, pick somewhere fleshy (thy, calf, top of your arm etc)

To be honest, you are just going to sit and stew and get yourself more and more worked up if you keep asking.

If you judge weather or not to get a tattoo or piercing based on the pain, you are getting it for the wrong reason.

I was just asking, mainly because I was worried about the kind of adverse reactions I've heard people have like short of breath and tensing up making it hurt more/harder to tattoo. I suffer from an anxiety disorder and need to reassure myself over everything that could possibly happen so I'm not surprised. I realise it will hurt, I'm not being *that* person. I thought it was ok to ask the questions in y'know, a forum dedicated to the subject?

Plus, I'm genuinely interested in body modification and how different people experience it. I just found your reply a bit harsh, I wouldn't consider putting myself in a different/unknown situation if I didn't think I was getting it for the right reasons.

• Advertisement

I was just asking, mainly because I was worried about the kind of adverse reactions I've heard people have like short of breath and tensing up making it hurt more/harder to tattoo. I suffer from an anxiety disorder and need to reassure myself over everything that could possibly happen so I'm not surprised. I realise it will hurt, I'm not being *that* person. I thought it was ok to ask the questions in y'know, a forum dedicated to the subject?

Plus, I'm genuinely interested in body modification and how different people experience it. I just found your reply a bit harsh, I wouldn't consider putting myself in a different/unknown situation if I didn't think I was getting it for the right reasons.

I didn't mean to seem harsh, but I have seen a few time where you have asked the same question.

It is good that you are looking up on it, but, you are going about it wrong, you should go to sites and actually read up on how tattoo's are done, myths about them, risks (which with any body mod, there are always risks), where to get "x body mod done", and of course, aftercare.

Pain shouldn't really come into it. And yes, it is ok to ask about body mods in the body mod forum, absolutely, but when it is the same question over and over, that gets annoying.

Bottom line is, yes, it will hurt. But as I said, depends on the person and their threshold.

Make sure you are sober, have had something to eat and just relax. Personally I enjoy the pain, so much that I fall asleep most of the time.

Advertisement