Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

ConThe at wrote: »
    Getting a quote tattooed on my brazilian area, well still planning it at the moment, it wouldnt be that sore would it?

I'd agree with Esoteric. It just seems like a really painful place. Depending on how big the quote is though it might not be too bad. I've got my lower stomach done(as in below my belly button) and that was pretty damn sore. Further south you go, the more sensitive the area I imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I can't imagine getting tattoo'd next or near you"brazillian" area would be very pleasant at all....... and i have no desire to find out /shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 6 veryniceme

tattoo hurts much more than piercing. especially if you are getting coloured tattoo because they will ink 3 needles at the same time

veryniceme wrote: »
    tattoo hurts much more than piercing. especially if you are getting coloured tattoo because they will ink 3 needles at the same time

What are you on about? Larger needle groupings are used for shading regardless of colour. Outlines aren't always used with a single needle either.
    Another thing, I'd much rather sit through a few hours of tattooing on my arms than get my nipples pierced again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

veryniceme wrote: »

I've only ever had my ear lobes and cartilege pierced, and I'd rather go through 6 hours of tattooing than have a piercing done ever again.

Also, my coloured tattoo didn't hurt any more than any black and grey one I have. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

What are you on about? Larger needle groupings are used for shading regardless of colour. Outlines aren't always used with a single needle either.
    Another thing, I'd much rather sit through a few hours of tattooing on my arms than get my nipples pierced again

Couldn't agree more. Nipple piercing = worst pain (for me anyway). I'd rather get my feet tattooed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

i miss my nipple piercings but getting them done for a third time through all that scar tissue isnt a happy thought

i miss my nipple piercings but getting them done for a third time through all that scar tissue isnt a happy thought

I really want to get mine done again but I'm not sure I can face it! :eek:

innad wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Nipple piercing = worst pain (for me anyway). I'd rather get my feet tattooed again.

In what I predict to become an escalating game of oneupmanship, I'd rather get my toes tattooed again

So when people say inner bicep is a bit of a bitch, turns out they're not exaggerating :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

innad wrote: »
    So when people say inner bicep is a bit of a bitch, turns out they're not exaggerating :eek:

No they're not. Tis a wee bit painful alright. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I didn't find my bicep too bad (although mine was sort of between the outside and inside). The swelling and bruising was ridiculous though. I looked like I had one giant bicep muscle. There were a lot of jokes made about what I used that arm for...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Came on to post a question and feel the need to add Tragus is fine, it's like a lobe piercing, healed perfectly an still love it. Rook hurt like a mutha and didn't last very long on me anyway, really irritated me. Nipple done twice (same one) sore but not unbearable.

Now my question, face piercings? Like a surface bar at side of cheek near to the ear. Anyone any experience? Getting old and scared

Don't know what the story is with the smiley on my post :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Piper101 wrote: »
    Now my question, face piercings? Like a surface bar at side of cheek near to the ear. Anyone any experience? Getting old and scared

Almost pain free in my experience.

Vertical Tragus? Just realised how hairy the side of my face is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I wouldn't expect a surface piercing to last that long there to be honest, and the amount of aggravation that it gets can make healing tricky (but it can be done)

To see what I mean, put your finger along that part of your face, apply a slight bit of pressure and start to talk or move your jaw like you're yawning or chewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Tattoo on the inside of the arm, doesn't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Dermighty wrote: »
    Tattoo on the inside of the arm, doesn't hurt.
    Yes it does if you're talking about the inside of the bicep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

dinorebel wrote: »

It was one of my easiest spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Adiboo wrote: »
    It was one of my easiest spots.
    It's weird how what's a killer for one is easy for another.I had the inside of my elbow done recently and thought it was pretty painless even though I'd been told it was a bad spot the inner bicep though was a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Prime examples of how everyone is different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

dinorebel wrote: »

I'd 4.5 hours done the other day and it wasn't painful. It also healed a lot faster than the outside of the arm and shoulder.
    Prime examples of how everyone is different!

Indeed. I wonder how the ribs or stomach feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I'd 4.5 hours done the other day and it wasn't painful. It also healed a lot faster than the outside of the arm and shoulder.

I got my ribs done for my first tattoo and thought it was fair sore, a lot of clenched teeth and holding back tears! But it healed really quickly with no weeping or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have both rib cages covered and can say ribs is a lot worse than the arm first few hours are ok but the burn kicks in sooner than on the arm say 3-4 hours you'll start feeling it. Had one 6 hour sitting on the ribs at the Dublin Convention not going to lie by the end was wincing a lot just as I had lots of randomers come up and take pics fcukers :pac:.

Stomach I have had bits done on whilst getting both rib cages covered and it hurts yeh it pure flesh but it were all your organs are and unprotected think of getting a punch to the stomach compared to the arm, at onepoint on my stomach when getting done I was getting the equivlant pain on the opposite side of my stomach which was a bit of a head fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

Tattoo along my collar bone, surprisingly not at all sore getting done an the healing process was absolutely fine

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stacerz17

Bubblefett wrote: »
    I want to get a simple small black celtic design on the side of my foot to match my sister. She tells me it's a grand area to get done but she's a freak who feels no pain (as proved by the 3 kids she had drug free!)

Just wondering is it a particularly bad area. I know there's no pain free area but I've a pretty low pain threshold and I wanna know what I'm getting into. I've got a few piercings but I image it'll be more like getting a thousand piercings at once...

well im terrible for pain but i got a rather large tattoo above my ankle and it was uncomfortable rather then painful, now my first tattoo i cried so this was nothin, but i hear on the foot hurts, as told by a friend lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stacerz17

I have both rib cages covered and can say ribs is a lot worse than the arm first few hours are ok but the burn kicks in sooner than on the arm say 3-4 hours you'll start feeling it. Had one 6 hour sitting on the ribs at the Dublin Convention not going to lie by the end was wincing a lot just as I had lots of randomers come up and take pics fcukers :pac:.

Stomach I have had bits done on whilst getting both rib cages covered and it hurts yeh it pure flesh but it were all your organs are and unprotected think of getting a punch to the stomach compared to the arm, at onepoint on my stomach when getting done I was getting the equivlant pain on the opposite side of my stomach which was a bit of a head fcuk.

the ribs is a b***h..i cried, though it was 6 hours long so that may have had something to do with it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

I got a big enough chest piece done for my first and can honestly say that it wasn't half as sore as I thought, felt some pain around the nipple area but I was ****ting a brick before getting it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So the ribs hurt, although not as much as I was expecting.

Advertisement