Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

No not my ribs , my side's on the bottom of my back :)
    None there myself, but it seems like it'd be a fairly nervy area so I still imagine you'll find the thigh easy enough. Any estimate on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

About 3 to 4 hours .. nervous and excited all in one :O its been about 4 years since I got my last one.

About 3 to 4 hours .. nervous and excited all in one :O its been about 4 years since I got my last one.
    Had 3 and a hours in the inside of my thigh getting The Scream by Edvard Munch done. Definitely felt that by the end. 2 and a half hours maybe on the outside and it never got more than irritating. Just make sure you're sitting comfortably or it'll be loonng 3 hours. Enjoy :)

Thanks :) here's hoping I don't cry like a child haha. Ah I don't remember the others being irritating enough to think of them as painful. I think its because this is my largest piece .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only have the top/front of my thigh done, and it was fine, but down at the knee was pretty damn painful.
    As already stated, the healing can be tricky as it's easily irritated with trousers/jeans etc rubbing.

• Advertisement

Thanks :) here's hoping I don't cry like a child haha. Ah I don't remember the others being irritating enough to think of them as painful. I think its because this is my largest piece .
    Largest for now, ha

Only have the top/front of my thigh done, and it was fine, but down at the knee was pretty damn painful.
    As already stated, the healing can be tricky as it's easily irritated with trousers/jeans etc rubbing.
    Ah yes, fond memories of pure agony on the kneecaps. The joys of this most glorious of hobbies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Must bear that in mind if/when I get there done. I'll have to make sure I have nothing planned for the week after and plenty of heating oil in the house. That way I can strut around nekkid and not have to worry about anything rubbing. :D

So what's the best way to help it heal.? I'm starting a new job Monday so il need to wear trousers ( it would be odd if I went in wearing hotpants ) ha ha

So what's the best way to help it heal.? I'm starting a new job Monday so il need to wear trousers ( it would be odd if I went in wearing hotpants ) ha ha
    Odd perhaps, unwelcome........probably not. Just try keep it covered basically. Cling film for a day or so, but most importantly, keep it well moisturised. A layer of bepanthen will stop it drying out, that in turn will help prevent any itching. No itch means no scratching, or accidentally on purpose rubbing the trousers against the tattoo. Pop into the toilet every 4 hours(ish) and replenish the bepanthen. Just make sure that when you post in the I'll show you mine thread, you wear those hotpants, ha

• Advertisement

Odd perhaps, unwelcome........probably not. Just try keep it covered basically. Cling film for a day or so, but most importantly, keep it well moisturised. A layer of bepanthen will stop it drying out, that in turn will help prevent any itching. No itch means no scratching, or accidentally on purpose rubbing the trousers against the tattoo. Pop into the toilet every 4 hours(ish) and replenish the bepanthen. Just make sure that when you post in the I'll show you mine thread, you wear those hotpants, ha

Pretty much everything this guy said. Or you could wear a skirt? Probably wouldn't be as restrictive as trousers and not as extreme as hotpants (as welcome as they might be, as PBF said.:pac:)

Ha ha yous chancers :P

As it turns out I'm not starting my new job till the following Monday now so plenty of time to strut about in shorts and tracksuit bottoms yay. Still very nervous mind :)

Ha ha yous chancers :P

As it turns out I'm not starting my new job till the following Monday now so plenty of time to strut about in shorts and tracksuit bottoms yay. Still very nervous mind :)

Let us know how it goes.

I will. Thanks for the advice. Serious butterflys in my stomach haha

I will. Thanks for the advice. Serious butterflys in my stomach haha

Ah you'll be grand. That's just 80% excitement, 20% nerves. Or is it the other way round?? :pac:

Hehe I think you got it right there :) I'm super excited , but yep the nerves are at me to :)

So I sat for 4 and a bit hours today. Was a doddle till I got to 3 hours and then hot very tender. 2 hours still left to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So I sat for 4 and a bit hours today. Was a doddle till I got to 3 hours and then hot very tender. 2 hours still left to do. :)

Ah the hot and tender feeling I know it well, when you going back for the final two hours?

Next month hopefully. Gives me plenty of time to heal. I would have lovin to finish it today but I could feel myself reaching my limit and didn't want to rush it. But holy cow it got sore after those 3 hours . :)

Ah the hot and tender feeling I know it well,

AH yes, I think we ALL know what feeling!!! :o

Well done missy, at least the next bit will be easier!

• Advertisement

Thanks pkm , I'm looking forward to having it complete. It's looking great but Its like playing a game of dodgeball with my 2 year old trying to grab my leg, ouchies .

Thanks pkm , I'm looking forward to having it complete. It's looking great but Its like playing a game of dodgeball with my 2 year old trying to grab my leg, ouchies .

Yeah, they always seem to go for the place that hurts most! It's like....they know!! :eek: When I broke my collarbone a few months ago, the little one (also 2) always seemed to hit/head-butt RIGHT on the break! :(

I think its their way of showing ya who's boss :)

I think its their way of showing ya who's boss :)

Aye...little shits! :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Next tattoo on my calf, I'm sure after my side it would be grand yes? :D

Next tattoo on my calf, I'm sure after my side it would be grand yes? :D
    Yeah definitely, the calf will be a piece of cake compared to the side. I'm booked in for a few hours on my ribcage at the end of the month....not looking forward to it all :(

Yeah definitely, the calf will be a piece of cake compared to the side. I'm booked in for a few hours on my ribcage at the end of the month....not looking forward to it all :(

I feel your pain in the next say 7 weeks im booked in for three sittings on my ribs well some of it is on my arse which im thinking wont be to bad I hope compared to the ribs anyway.

But two of them will be on my ribs at least, but at least I know what to expect Ive already had three long sittings on my ribs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have my first full day session in 4 weeks time. I already have 9 tattoos, but the longest I have ever had to sit for is three hours.

So basically I'm just wondering what I can expect for a 6 hour session, and what I should do to make it as easy as possible, and aftercare for such a large piece. It's the outline for my entire arm.

I have my first full day session in 4 weeks time. I already have 9 tattoos, but the longest I have ever had to sit for is three hours.

So basically I'm just wondering what I can expect for a 6 hour session, and what I should do to make it as easy as possible, and aftercare for such a large piece. It's the outline for my entire arm.

I don't envy you! One of my tatts was three 6 hour sessions. I've also had two others that were 5 to 6 hours each. Up to about 5 hours is ok, but it gets hard after that. I honestly can't give you advice as to how to make it easy. But you WILL be drained afterward. Just hope you don't have a long drive. Aftercare is no different than if it was a normal/small sized tatt.

• Advertisement

I don't envy you! One of my tatts was three 6 hour sessions. I've also had two others that were 5 to 6 hours each. Up to about 5 hours is ok, but it gets hard after that. I honestly can't give you advice as to how to make it easy. But you WILL be drained afterward. Just hope you don't have a long drive. Aftercare is no different than if it was a normal/small sized tatt.

Exactly this, the only thing you may be tempted to do is tap out. All depends on the day really like anything else. But healing wise and how to deal with the pain etc just do everything you have done before.

Ive done 6 hours twice and 5 hours twice. First time doing 6 hours was grand the whole way through but driving home felt really drained and got the shakes in my arm and legs whilst trying to hold the clutch etc. Second time was close to tapping very sore but afterwards felt grand there no exact way of knowing how the body will react.

But at the end of the day its all worth it :).

Advertisement