Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Thanks, will give that a try.

It's possibly 60% vg with the sheer amount of nicotine pg by the way. I'm fairly new to all this so I possibly got my measurements a bit wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Your liquid is ok at 85vg,if it was 60vg/40pg,then I would say that was the cause of your leaking. Have you tried the Scottish Roll wicking,it improves your wicking & less leaks.

Haven't had any leaking at all with mine using 70/30 and 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Garyt82 wrote: »
    Haven't had any leaking at all with mine using 70/30 and 50/50

The 60/40 is only a guide line,me personally,I would never use anything lower than 80vg for re-buildable decks & also helps with unforgiven wicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Anyone using the uwell valyrian?
    I picked it up last week along with the wismec rx gen3 and it's bloody awesome.
    The coils are brilliant, great wicking well able to keep up.

11214 wrote: »
    Anyone using the uwell valyrian?
    I picked it up last week along with the wismec rx gen3 and it's bloody awesome.
    The coils are brilliant, great wicking well able to keep up.

I guess I spoke to soon, the wismec is only firing intermittently, after a bit of googling I think it has something to do with the 510 grounding.
    Pity as it was awesome when it worked, I might strip it down and try a bit of soldering.

• Advertisement

I guess I spoke to soon, the wismec is only firing intermittently, after a bit of googling I think it has something to do with the 510 grounding.
    Pity as it was awesome when it worked, I might strip it down and try a bit of soldering.

That's a bummer,if bought in Ireland,I would contact the seller for a replacement or a refund.
    I've just binned an Ijoy RDTA box mod,the internal tank started leaking again,I was not in the mood to strip it again to do another fix...
    Tomorrow is a brand new day:):)

That's a bummer,if bought in Ireland,I would contact the seller for a replacement or a refund.
    I've just binned an Ijoy RDTA box mod,the internal tank started leaking again,I was not in the mood to strip it again to do another fix...
    Tomorrow is a brand new day:):)

I got it from 3Fvape, should have bought local I guess.
    They have asked me for a video of the problem, so I'll give that a go.

In the meantime can anyone recommend a triple 18650 mod or one with a built-in high capacity battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

11214 wrote:
    In the meantime can anyone recommend a triple 18650 mod or one with a built-in high capacity battery?

Lost Vape Triade, pricey but will last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I got it from 3Fvape, should have bought local I guess.
    They have asked me for a video of the problem, so I'll give that a go.

Any reason for a triple 18650 over a dual 18650 mod?

Venom wrote: »
    Any reason for a triple 18650 over a dual 18650 mod?

The longevity of the batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The longevity of the batteries.

Well the better chip's like DNA and Yihi, give really great battery life from Dual battery mods. I get an easy 2 and a half to 3 days with my G class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

This seller is in HK China,so you have a minimum of a month to wait for the delivery & probably longer as it is Xmas...

You could have bought it from VapeWild for €16 here in Ireland...

They are cheaper now because they have been on sale for over 2 years (old hat now but still a great mod) you will need an 18650 battery...

75w is plenty for most of us & it has a built in charger which I have been using the past 2 years with no probs...

Also,the Pico is only good for 22mm & smaller tanks...

Cheers.. I'm very bad with this sorta thing. I haven't even bought it yet.. :o however, I'm sure that 75watt is grand..

Anyway, the fact that it's old wouldn't bother me. The cheaper, the better imo.

Any good tank you'd recommend...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

Looking for a new tank,have an original cleito but getting little bit old,an even older smok baby brit,an obs engine I think it is,that's a really old rta and an original nautilus 5ml,a nautilus x and a ijoy limitless rdta! I only have the one rda, a wotofo lush, so that really old as well, all in perfect working order but just want something new and good flavour with maybe an extension or some way around the 2ml limits..anyone any suggestions?

Whats the new uwell crown 3 like?do we get the extendable one in Ireland?
    Heard the kylin leaks like a broken tap? Dont mind if its stock coils or rta style, wouldnt really use the rda much, so not really into dripping and carrying juice with me everywhere?

I recently got the voopoo drag so can handle most tanks..

What would be you good peoples choice!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

flas wrote:
    What would be you good peoples choice!?

If there was one rta I'd recommend with no hesitation it'd be the Advken Manta. Superb for flavour, large build deck, easily wicked, 3 and 4.5 ml tanks included. Available from Gearbest and Fastech, can't do links on mobile but I think Gearbest have a good deal on it.

job seeker wrote: »
    Cheers.. I'm very bad with this sorta thing. I haven't even bought it yet.. :o however, I'm sure that 75watt is grand..

Anyway, the fact that it's old wouldn't bother me. The cheaper, the better imo.

Any good tank you'd recommend...?

I'm presuming you are a first time vapor & you need a mouth to lung (MTL) tank to start with.
    This setup is very popular with new vapors & I recommend the Nautilus2 which comes with the Zelos http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html

or you could go this way as you love Pico's,a new model has been released & it can take a 25mm tank of any sort & would be a better mod further down the road for advanced vaping...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/955-eleaf-istick-pico-25-85w-mod.html

and get the Nautilus2 to go with it http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/855-aspire-nautilus-2.html

If money is tight at the moment,I would recommend the Pockex,cheap n cheerful & works great,I have 2 of them for the past 6 months,there are a lot of new starter kits about but I can't recommend them because I haven't tried them http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/829-aspire-pockex-aio-starter-kit.html

Before you decide to buy any tank,come back here & we can give you the links for the correct spare coils that you will need.

The Bestshop offers 10% off if you spend more than €65 by using the code IRISHVAPE

Check them all out on Youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Californeeway

I’ve gone back to the cigs and thrown away about 3 vaping devices in the last couple of years down to get what only be described as a dehydrated head and tiredness/headaches the next morning. Is there a way to avoid this from experience? From what I’m reading the VG liquid may be the answer it but the girl in the vaping shop wasn’t so sure. I don’t think I was over doing it or had too high a strength liquid either time.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

I’ve gone back to the cigs and thrown away about 3 vaping devices in the last couple of years down to get what only be described as a dehydrated head and tiredness/headaches the next morning. Is there a way to avoid this from experience? From what I’m reading the VG liquid may be the answer it but the girl in the vaping shop wasn’t so sure. I don’t think I was over doing it or had too high a strength liquid either time.

Was in a vape shop recently and having a chat with an employee telling her that i just started getting back into vaping and she told me starting back to make sure i drink plenty of liquid,seems to be some similarity regarding your question,maybe something to try out ......

I'm presuming you are a first time vapor & you need a mouth to lung (MTL) tank to start with.
    This setup is very popular with new vapors & I recommend the Nautilus2 which comes with the Zelos http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html

or you could go this way as you love Pico's,a new model has been released & it can take a 25mm tank of any sort & would be a better mod further down the road for advanced vaping...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/955-eleaf-istick-pico-25-85w-mod.html

and get the Nautilus2 to go with it http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/855-aspire-nautilus-2.html

If money is tight at the moment,I would recommend the Pockex,cheap n cheerful & works great,I have 2 of them for the past 6 months,there are a lot of new starter kits about but I can't recommend them because I haven't tried them http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/829-aspire-pockex-aio-starter-kit.html

Before you decide to buy any tank,come back here & we can give you the links for the correct spare coils that you will need.

The Bestshop offers 10% off if you spend more than €65 by using the code IRISHVAPE

Check them all out on Youtube...

That's fantastic advice. Thank you so much!

I am totally new to this indeed.

Out of all the devices, I feel that the Pockex is the one for me! Mostly due to the convenience of the product and not having to rebuild the thing every week. It also seems to give a good hit, from the video I watched. While you may not be able to change the watts, it may be a bit of an inconvenience. Although, perhaps a controlled wattage isn't really required?

That's fantastic advice. Thank you so much!

I am totally new to this indeed.

Out of all the devices, I feel that the Pockex is the one for me! Mostly due to the convenience of the product and not having to rebuild the thing every week. It also seems to give a good hit, from the video I watched. While you may not be able to change the watts, it may be a bit of an inconvenience. Although, perhaps a controlled wattage isn't really required?

I get the perfect vape with the 0.6ohm SS 316 coils http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/702-aspire-nautilus-x-u-tech-coil-head.html the Pockex adjusts the wattages itself when it reads the ohms of the coil attached.

Just make sure you have enough Nicotine in your liquid to get that satisfying hit in the back of your throat,I've been using liquid with 18mg for years & I find it perfect for me,all depends on how many you smoked a day,I was on 50ish cigs a day about 10 years ago,you may only need 12mg,worth trying different nicotine ratios.

I have found it cheaper here at VapeWild but you need to prove your age at this site,it's easy to do...

Pockex...
    https://vapewild.eu/pockex-pocket-aio-by-aspire/

Coils...
    https://vapewild.eu/aspire-pockex-replacement-coils/

I get the perfect vape with the 0.6ohm SS 316 coils http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/702-aspire-nautilus-x-u-tech-coil-head.html the Pockex adjusts the wattages itself when it reads the ohms of the coil attached.

Just make sure you have enough Nicotine in your liquid to get that satisfying hit in the back of your throat,I've been using liquid with 18mg for years & I find it perfect for me,all depends on how many you smoked a day,I was on 50ish cigs a day about 10 years ago,you may only need 12mg,worth trying different nicotine ratios.

I have found it cheaper here at VapeWild but you need to prove your age at this site,it's easy to do...

Pockex...
    https://vapewild.eu/pockex-pocket-aio-by-aspire/

Coils...
    https://vapewild.eu/aspire-pockex-replacement-coils/

Perfect, that's good to know with regards to the wattage.

I smoked rollies, but I've since started using the nicorette inhaler which is 15mg. So I may just get that in eliquid.

As for vape wild. I was going to use the previous websit as I was gonna get 20 quantities of eliquid at 2 euro each, the coils and the mod. I thought that the 10% discount would make it even cheaper?

Thanks for the help. :)

• Advertisement

Perfect, that's good to know with regards to the wattage.

I smoked rollies, but I've since started using the nicorette inhaler which is 15mg. So I may just get that in eliquid.

As for vape wild. I was going to use the previous websit as I was gonna get 20 quantities of eliquid at 2 euro each, the coils and the mod. I thought that the 10% discount would make it even cheaper?

Thanks for the help. :)

A good idea if buying liquids as well,sometimes I have to play around with the cart to try & get free shipping & 10% off...

To get free shipping,you need to have over €60 in your cart after you have applied the discount code IRISHVAPE,if buying €70 or more then you don't have to worry about it...

A good idea if buying liquids as well,sometimes I have to play around with the cart to try & get free shipping & 10% off...

To get free shipping,you need to have over €60 in your cart after you have applied the discount code IRISHVAPE,if buying €70 or more then you don't have to worry about it...

Cheers for that!

I can't find any coils on the other website (The best shop) that will suit the ASPIRE POCKEX AIO STARTER KIT. Which is odd.. :confused:

Thanks for the help though.. :)

EDIT: I got sorted! Just a question though, how often do you need to change the coil in the PockeX? I know that it would deoend how much you vape. But even an estimate would do. :)

Cheers for that!

I can't find any coils on the other website (The best shop) that will suit the ASPIRE POCKEX AIO STARTER KIT. Which is odd.. :confused:

EDIT: I got sorted! Just a question though, how often do you need to change the coil in the PockeX? I know that it would deoend how much you vape. But even an estimate would do. :)

I see you found the link above for the coils ok...

This wont help you much but I use my Pockex's every day but not full time as I have about 70 mods on the go every day,I can tell you that I take approx 60 vapes from both of them every day & the coils are still working great after 6 months.I use 50vg/50PG in one & 80VG/20PG in the other.
    At a guess,I would say your coil should last you at least 2 weeks or more using it full time,it's the sweetners in the liquid that fukcs up all coils.
    Have you thought about the VG/PG ratios in the liquid,PG is a very thin liquid & VG is very thick,My recommendations would be to use 50vg/50pg & also 60vg/40pg also 70vg/30pg & 80vg/20pg as you can see,it is better to have more VG than PG.
    The reason is that the coils today can handle thicker liquid which stops leaks & gives you a smooth vape.
    Coils years ago were a pain because all we could vape was high PG in the liquid,if we used a thicker juice,the coils couldn't handle it & would give us a dry hit & that tastes awful,so PG was used all the time & so did the leaks.

PG is good for throat hit & taste....VG is good for smoothness,clouds & less leaks,it's just a matter of combining the two perfectly,different coils like different VG/PG ratios,all down to experience & a bit of luck.

Don't forget to prime your new coil first before vaping...

You will cough a good bit for the first half dozen vapes but it will get easy,your lungs are just getting use to clean vapour instead of those 2000 toxins...LOL

Cheers for that!

A couple of things to take note...

When unscrewing top cap to refill tank,take note which way the O-ring fits on the top cap,the O-ring has different sides.

Another note & this applies to all threading on all tanks & hardware,when screwing on something,always back thread slowly till you hear or feel a click,this will prevent cross threading...

The Pockex can be the same as other tanks,if you get gurgling after a refill,hold Pockex tight & whip it in a downward direction & that will clear the gurgling,a half a drop of eliquid could cause this gurgling...

I see you found the link above for the coils ok...

This wont help you much but I use my Pockex's every day but not full time as I have about 70 mods on the go every day,I can tell you that I take approx 60 vapes from both of them every day & the coils are still working great after 6 months.I use 50vg/50PG in one & 80VG/20PG in the other.
    At a guess,I would say your coil should last you at least 2 weeks or more using it full time,it's the sweetners in the liquid that fukcs up all coils.
    Have you thought about the VG/PG ratios in the liquid,PG is a very thin liquid & VG is very thick,My recommendations would be to use 50vg/50pg & also 60vg/40pg also 70vg/30pg & 80vg/20pg as you can see,it is better to have more VG than PG.
    The reason is that the coils today can handle thicker liquid which stops leaks & gives you a smooth vape.
    Coils years ago were a pain because all we could vape was high PG in the liquid,if we used a thicker juice,the coils couldn't handle it & would give us a dry hit & that tastes awful,so PG was used all the time & so did the leaks.

PG is good for throat hit & taste....VG is good for smoothness,clouds & less leaks,it's just a matter of combining the two perfectly,different coils like different VG/PG ratios,all down to experience & a bit of luck.

Don't forget to prime your new coil first before vaping...

You will cough a good bit for the first half dozen vapes but it will get easy,your lungs are just getting use to clean vapour instead of those 2000 toxins...LOL

Tanks very much for that! I hope to get it in the post in the next few days..

A couple of things to take note...

When unscrewing top cap to refill tank,take note which way the O-ring fits on the top cap,the O-ring has different sides.

Another note & this applies to all threading on all tanks & hardware,when screwing on something,always back thread slowly till you hear or feel a click,this will prevent cross threading...

The Pockex can be the same as other tanks,if you get gurgling after a refill,hold Pockex tight & whip it in a downward direction & that will clear the gurgling,a half a drop of eliquid could cause this gurgling...

Cool! will I be be required to replace they O-rings?

Do you mean screw it on slowly? Until it clicks?

That's handy too know thanks for everything! :)

One last question! I have eliquid that is gone out of date. Would it be risky vaping that? There would be about 15 or 16ml..

Cool! will I be be required to replace they O-rings?

Do you mean screw it on slowly? Until it clicks?

That's handy too know thanks for everything! :)

One last question! I have eliquid that is gone out of date. Would it be risky vaping that? There would be about 15 or 16ml..

I wouldn't use it if I was a new vapor,it may have a bad taste & put you off vaping,don't buy too many liquids with the same flavour,you may not like it,I have dumped many flavours in the past.

Always screw in the anti-clock direction till you feel that little click & then screw in the clockwise direction to tighten.

No need to replace O-rings for years if they are looked after,sometimes when screwing off the top cap,the O-ring sticks to the tank,take it off & clean it under a tap & then fit it back into the top cap (not the tank) & make sure it's put in the right way,the flat side edge of O-ring sits against the top cap & the stepped side of O-ring sits on tank.

I've found a video showing how to screw things on correctly,I've been using this technique for years with all my motorcycles & cars & now using it on all vaping hardware because the threads are very fine & not all of them are SS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U1yAeD__iU

I wouldn't use it if I was a new vapor,it may have a bad taste & put you off vaping,don't buy too many liquids with the same flavour,you may not like it,I have dumped many flavours in the past.

Always screw in the anti-clock direction till you feel that little click & then screw in the clockwise direction to tighten.

No need to replace O-rings for years if they are looked after,sometimes when screwing off the top cap,the O-ring sticks to the tank,take it off & clean it under a tap & then fit it back into the top cap (not the tank) & make sure it's put in the right way,the flat side edge of O-ring sits against the top cap & the stepped side of O-ring sits on tank.

I've found a video showing how to screw things on correctly,I've been using this technique for years with all my motorcycles & cars & now using it on all vaping hardware because the threads are very fine & not all of them are SS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U1yAeD__iU

Thank you so much for all your help and advice. :) I didn't know any of this before. So it's very benifital to know these tips.

I got it in the post today and the pack was ripped. It was like the post man used it as a cushion. :D

Thank you so much for all your help and advice. :) I didn't know any of this before. So it's very benifital to know these tips.

I got it in the post today and the pack was ripped. It was like the post man used it as a cushion. :D

I always use Fastway couriers when I shop at BestShop,An Post must be overloaded with parcels this time of year,the BestShop always wrap things well inside the jiffy.

Another little note about the Pockex...

When the top cap is screwed out,the tank is only held on with an O-ring at the bottom,the tank will be secured in place when the top cap & coil are screwed back in...

• Advertisement

I always use Fastway couriers when I shop at BestShop,An Post must be overloaded with parcels this time of year,the BestShop always wrap things well inside the jiffy.

Another little note about the Pockex...

When the top cap is screwed out,the tank is only held on with an O-ring at the bottom,the tank will be secured in place when the top cap & coil are screwed back in...

Ah yeah. I should have copped that before ordering.

Cheers for that.

Can I just ask, do you run the battery flat and then charge it or charge it straight out of the box?

Watched a video about priming the coil. It seems pure easy peasy lemon sqeezey..

Advertisement