Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

6-12mg is king, 18mg is the new "high" thanks to the high-power vaping thing. 15w is the new 8w and 40w is the new 20w and all that jazz.

It's a pain in the hole and it's kept me from buying some of the American boutique juices, but if they wanted money for a higher concentration juice they'd produce it. We'll have to presume they don't want our money.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

grindle wrote: »
    6-12mg is king, 18mg is the new "high" thanks to the high-power vaping thing. 15w is the new 8w and 40w is the new 20w and all that jazz.

It's a pain in the hole and it's kept me from buying some of the American boutique juices, but if they wanted money for a higher concentration juice they'd produce it. We'll have to presume they don't want our money.

Crap. 24mg wasn't even the max on a lot of sites when I started back in 2010. 12mg means I'm chain vaping and not in a happy way. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

grindle wrote: »

6mg = 2%
    12mg = 82%
    18mg = 11%
    24mg = 4%
    other = 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Look at that, 82%. Madness.

Thanks for that, Statman John.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Gotta be 24 for me !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

My GP Paps clone needs a polish. What should I use, just brasso or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

My GP Paps clone needs a polish. What should I use, just brasso or something like that?

http://www.capecodpolish.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Brasso will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Don't know if you've seen it, but you can put a cartomiser or a 510 adaptor in the 510 connection, then fit it into a drill and it makes polishing a breeze!

Here's a video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Got meself some brasso waddling. 3 squid for a tin. Did the job perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I picked up an Njoy king in topaz today, I'd heard they were pretty good and I didn't have juice with me so I said I'd try one.

What a piece of crap. From the first drag I was getting almost no vapour from it, like a faint mist that would come out your mouth on a very mildly cold morning. I tried long slow inhaling and faster but nothing worked.

After about 15 or less rubbish hits there was nothing at all coming from it, zero vapour even when puffing it and letting it straight out.

I keep trying it but nothing's coming out and now the light is flashing so I presume its dying. I bought this POS at around 1pm and used it very little.

The few hits i did get tasted nasty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Has anyone tried the blu e-cigs? Are they any use? They look cool :L

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭redmondb

Hi, NegativeCreep.

First the good news, to the total amazement of her family, my hugely cigarette-addicted mother has smoked nothing else but these for the past three weeks.

The bad news...
    - Where the heck do you get them? The newsagents in The Rise in Stillorgan and Leopardstown are both out of replacement cartridges, while Dunnes has apparently decided to stop stocking them. I spent a couple of hours last night searching newsagents and petrol stations without any success.
    - Their web site lists stockists - unfortunately it shows those in NI, Isle of Man and North West Wales as being the nearest ones to Dublin.
    - Their phone no. only seems to intermittently work. I eventually got through today - but, of course, they're weekdays only.
    - They do sell online, but are a lot more expensive than shops. Also, their Customer Support gets a bad press online.
    - Battery life also gets complaints, particularly how rapidly they need to be replaced.

So, if I were up to me, I'd move on to another product in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Has anyone tried the blu e-cigs? Are they any use? They look cool :L

They work out very expensive. That size battery doesn't last long enough. However, *extremely* handy, especially going through airports or similar because they know immediately what it is and you're carrying around fluids.

An ok starting point and a useful thing to have around for certain situations where bringing your larger device is awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Redmondb, I found the cig-a-likes to be terrible (though I haven't tried Blu) and poor value for money. A basic starter kit with a clearomiser, battery and some sample liquid won't break the bank and will be a world of difference for your mum. That said, good for her and whatever works go for it - anything that gets her off the smokes is good. She just doesn't need to get too attached to the Blu, there are lots of alternatives.
    *extremely* handy, especially going through airports or similar because they know immediately what it is and you're carrying around fluids.

This is true, though I've found airport security guys (in Europe anyway) are pretty clued in when it comes to vaping stuff. Hell, e-cigarettes are allowed in Heathrow now - which is awesome. I came back from London a couple of weeks ago. Flight delayed. Sat in a lovely bar in Terminal 2 and had a Stella while vaping away (I asked if it was OK beforehand).

Thanks, F-Stop.

Old dog, new tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

F-Stop wrote: »
    Hell, e-cigarettes are allowed in Heathrow now - which is awesome. I came back from London a couple of weeks ago. Flight delayed. Sat in a lovely bar in Terminal 2 and had a Stella while vaping away (I asked if it was OK beforehand).

That's fantastic news, hope it wasn't a once off by a fellow vaper barman.

If Heathrow are allowing us to vape, perhaps (just perhaps) the tides and attitudes are changing!!

Thanks for posting that, it's made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

OK, this is from 2013, but I wasn't even aware of this back then.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/12/heathrow-airport-opens-worlds-first-e-cigarette-zone/

Really hope attitudes are changing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Electronic cigarettes

Passengers are permitted to use electronic cigarettes within our premises, however, these should not be used beyond the gate area. Where you are intending to carry cigarettes in your hand luggage, please check with your airline to ensure they are allowed on board the aircraft.

From here.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I'm thinking about getting a DNA board and wondering about it's limits. It says minimum voltage is 4 and min watts is 7, does one take precedence over the other? What would happen if I put a 1.8ohm coil on at 7 watts does anyone know? Cheers

EDIT: I saw blu stuff in the off-licence at bakers corner if you're still looking redmondb. Looked a step up from the usual corner shop style cigalikes in fairness but were a bit pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Anyone used the Vamo V5? There's a kit on E-shop.ie for 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Just got some stuff from naturevape.co.uk last week and was happy with service but a special mention have to go to their pro-coils, savage vape they give, bit on the expensive side but the fact that you can reuse them and very easily just change the cotton, don't know if it's the cotton but it seem to give a much more consistent good taste and thick vape compared to others, been using Aspire Nautilus for quite some time and they're really good too but lately found that the coils don't last as long so not sure if I just got a few bad ones.
    I got the N-Vape Midi and quality looks good but for some reason it wont work with my VW Tesla but lucky enough the coils fitted with my Kangertech Clearomizer

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

GrayFox208 wrote: »

My current set up, vamo v5 with protank 3. I think its great anyway (have only used this and ego twists and standard ego batteries).

Got it from cloudhouse, also gives the option to change the ce4's for a different tank that you would prefer (great idea, i hate the ce4's).
    What batteries are you currently using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

GrayFox208 wrote: »

If it's the full kit then the price is ok but you can get the Vamo v5 SS on it's own if you have the other stuff for €37 from bestshop.eu .

Smacs89 wrote: »
    My current set up, vamo v5 with protank 3. I think its great anyway (have only used this and ego twists and standard ego batteries).

Got it from cloudhouse, also gives the option to change the ce4's for a different tank that you would prefer (great idea, i hate the ce4's).
    What batteries are you currently using?

eGO 950 mah and a vision spinner 1300mah. I've got an aero tank mega and a T3s. But I might have a look at the cloudhouse deal, CE4 is only rubbish. Handy as a spare maybe.
    jonski wrote: »
    If it's the full kit then the price is ok but you can get the Vamo v5 SS on it's own if you have the other stuff for €37 from bestshop.eu .

I haven't got any other stuff! Did try adding it up but it was working out more expensive :( kit is the mod, 2 batteries, a charger and 2 Ce4's.

Thanks, accaguest, I'll give there a go.

In the meantime, I've got through to Blu and they're sending me on a list of stockists. Assuming Blu don't have a problem, would I be infringing site rules if I posted it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Get Real

Hi Guys,

I've been vaping for 6 months now and have been using the ego t (both the 650 mAh battery and the 1100 one)

I have found it very good, but notice some clearomisers gurgle and leak.

While I have been vaping a while, I know relatively little tbh, so I must apologise for the following set of questions :D

1. Is the leaking somehow caused by overheating as I like to take big cloudy drags, or is it solely a refilling/ clearo issue?

2. I am looking at buyng the INNOKIN MVP 2.0- supposedly the battery life on this is savage, would its variable voltage also allow me to cloud vape? And does this have the threading for ego-t clearos?

http://www.innokin.com/itaste-mvp.html

3. Anyone make their own e-juice? I was looking at buying 500ml pg, 500 ml pg and a flavour concentrate. Following instructions I've gathered that a 10ml bottle would cost 50-90cent, is this plausible?

I love vaping but would like to eliminate the main issues of leaking, battery running out (especially on nights out etc) and have a more reliable, satisfying experience.

Appreciate any help guys :) cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Hey guys,

I have been using the VIP Photon setup for the last while, and although the starter kit came with decent clearomisers, the replacements are pretty rubbish.

The starter kit comes with tinted glass clearos, replacements are clear and are clearly of lesser quality...e.g. I'd been using the clear one for a while, was pretty pished off with it and had a blast of my friends VIP with the tinted clearo - was like going from a half empty cig-a-like to an actual smoke...serious hit.

I have 2 VIP batteries and a charger, so I don't want to start again and spend a load of money...can anybody recommend a good clearomiser that gives a good hit and don't gurgle and leak, and obviously are compatible with the VIP Photon battery?

as an aside, I have emailed VIP to complain about the obvious drop in quality of their clearomisers.

Thanks!

Get Real wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've been vaping for 6 months now and have been using the ego t (both the 650 mAh battery and the 1100 one)

I have found it very good, but notice some clearomisers gurgle and leak.

While I have been vaping a while, I know relatively little tbh, so I must apologise for the following set of questions :D

1. Is the leaking somehow caused by overheating as I like to take big cloudy drags, or is it solely a refilling/ clearo issue?

2. I am looking at buyng the INNOKIN MVP 2.0- supposedly the battery life on this is savage, would its variable voltage also allow me to cloud vape? And does this have the threading for ego-t clearos?

http://www.innokin.com/itaste-mvp.html

3. Anyone make their own e-juice? I was looking at buying 500ml pg, 500 ml pg and a flavour concentrate. Following instructions I've gathered that a 10ml bottle would cost 50-90cent, is this plausible?

I love vaping but would like to eliminate the main issues of leaking, battery running out (especially on nights out etc) and have a more reliable, satisfying experience.

Appreciate any help guys :) cheers.

Leaking is usually caused by juice falling into the air pipe (the middle) of your clearos. It could also be because you're over filling.. If it's only a recent occurrence the hot weather could be diluting the juice. Last thing I can think of is the coils are broken or there's a crack in the air tube if it's a plastic one

• Advertisement

KungPao wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have been using the VIP Photon setup for the last while, and although the starter kit came with decent clearomisers, the replacements are pretty rubbish.

The starter kit comes with tinted glass clearos, replacements are clear and are clearly of lesser quality...e.g. I'd been using the clear one for a while, was pretty pished off with it and had a blast of my friends VIP with the tinted clearo - was like going from a half empty cig-a-like to an actual smoke...serious hit.

I have 2 VIP batteries and a charger, so I don't want to start again and spend a load of money...can anybody recommend a good clearomiser that gives a good hit and don't gurgle and leak, and obviously are compatible with the VIP Photon battery?

as an aside, I have emailed VIP to complain about the obvious drop in quality of their clearomisers.

Thanks!

Probably CE4 clearos. Best recommendation is anything but those. If you try e-shop.ie they have protank mini 3 for 19 euro and free delivery. Amazing clearo. Or the aspire nautilus I don't have that one but I've heard amazing things about it

Advertisement