Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I've been using my set up of a Kanger Protank 2, with eGo batteries for probably about a year now and fancy a bit of a change. I also appear to be going through the replacement heads constantly.

Anyone got any advice on a good new set up for me? I don't really mind the cost but something that doesn't require too much looking after and replacement parts.

Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^I vape ridiculously simple/boring setups but I've been tempted to try these due to the amount of positive reviews.

It looks like the heads last about 10 weeks by dry burning/replacing the cotton and they apparently vape fantastically. Throw them on something like an iTaste MVP 2 (about €55 from most places) if you don't mind box shapes and that would be a good step up imo.

Plenty of other choices others might recommend though, every day it seems new stuff comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I've been using my set up of a Kanger Protank 2, with eGo batteries for probably about a year now and fancy a bit of a change. I also appear to be going through the replacement heads constantly.

Anyone got any advice on a good new set up for me? I don't really mind the cost but something that doesn't require too much looking after and replacement parts.

Cheers folks

I second the mvp with a nautilus or iclear 30s,I filled 34 tanks to one 30s atty,it still didn't give up,I took it out & still working,couldn't believe it,I mainly build & vape drippers or genny's at the table.Away from the table I use nautilus,iclear 30 & 30s,dbox,vision victory,aspire bdc & my old favourite t3s,take your pick,I must be very lucky with attys,never have any trouble,I clean & dry burn usually every 3 tankfuls.
    I do have some expensive mods but the one I always grab is a vamo v2 or v5,simple menu with volts or wattage & shows your ohms & battery reading,very quick to go through the menu,I have 11 of these & I'll buy more when my ego's collapse.
    Hope this helpful,maybe I mentioned too many :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I'd also recommend the MVP 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Cheers folks

Hi,

How long do the heads last you, mine seem to last only about a week?

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Just got this message from Vaperus
    "Vaperus holidays
    17 july to 29 july
    Walk in Shops will operate as normal
    All orders after this time will posted on Wednesday 30 july
    During this time irish vape discount is worth 20% off
    Also have a look at our discount sale
    Last post will be Wednesday the 17 july 3pm"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Vaperus have walk in shops?

EGriff wrote: »
    Vaperus have walk in shops?

At least one in kells, that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

well I fecking hope vaperus will get my last order delivered before their holiday, been waiting 11 days so far, the one before that took 10 days, they used to be quite good but they have really messed up last 2 orders to the extent where I was nearly left with nothing to vape and for them replying to emails or picking up the phone.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

JH_raheny wrote: »
    well I fecking hope vaperus will get my last order delivered before their holiday, been waiting 11 days so far, the one before that took 10 days, they used to be quite good but they have really messed up last 2 orders to the extent where I was nearly left with nothing to vape and for them replying to emails or picking up the phone.......

That's the problem with me too,they used to be great with constant next day delivery but they've seemed to allow their online presence to dwindle.

It's a real shame as i used to order a good bit with them,but their lack of consistancy and holidays is a little off putting when i'm guaranteed next day deliveries with other vendors.

• Advertisement

That's the problem with me too,they used to be great with constant next day delivery but they've seemed to allow their online presence to dwindle.

It's a real shame as i used to order a good bit with them,but their lack of consistancy and holidays is a little off putting when i'm guaranteed next day deliveries with other vendors.

Same here,I don't even bother to visit their site,especially when that bluddy age thing appears,I used to just click 1995 & validate,it does make me over 18:D:D

holy **** I hope I never let any of you guys down :( have any of you communicated the delays to vaperus? what was the response like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

holy **** I hope I never let any of you guys down :( have any of you communicated the delays to vaperus? what was the response like?

I most certainly have with only half arsed excuses coming back and those replies have been late too, when/if I finally receive the order I'm waiting for I'm done ordering from them again, it is just not ok to be wait 10 & 12 days, not unless you at least notify the customer

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

How long do the heads last you, mine seem to last only about a week?

Regards

Yeah Im the same. Id get a week if I was lucky. Some seem to only last a few days though

I waited 10 days for a delivery & it was only half my order came,so it took another few days,no emails from vendor & no apology.This wasn't the first time.
    I had spoken to the Lady on the phone before all these delays happened,she was nice & pleasant,but she was trying to run a busy business & look after a whole bunch of kids at the same time.

Don't worry,we'll have the whip out before you can let us down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've had one of my mad ideas.

Would it be possible to put a countersunk screw in the top of an aerotank mega, similar to the one in the bottom of a Kayfun?

You'd be able to fill it up fully then.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I've seen it done on a fogger but you have to put 2 holes, one to fill and one to let the air out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've seen it done on a fogger but you have to put 2 holes, one to fill and one to let the air out.

It should be ok with one if you use a needle bottle though shouldn't it, like the X8 carto tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

It should, as long as the hole is wide enough to let the air out at the same rate the tank is being filled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I most certainly have with only half arsed excuses coming back and those replies have been late too, when/if I finally receive the order I'm waiting for I'm done ordering from them again, it is just not ok to be wait 10 & 12 days, not unless you at least notify the customer

Someone close to me had a rather terrible experience with them around Christmas time. They were extremely rude on the phone and were not the slightest bit helpful. Put me off ordering off them as well, I dont need to deal with that if i have an issue.

Are there any electroplaters on here? think I need some help.

IMG_1209%255B1%255D.JPG

IMG_1208%255B1%255D.JPG

IMG_1206%255B1%255D.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Quick question, why would a battery (aw imr 18500) heat up? It was in my nemmy mod in my bag, can't remember if it was locked so it could of been fireing, but the kayfun on top was cold to touch so I doubt it. It wasn't hot (burny hot) but it was noticeably warm. I took it out the mod, straight away, and left it to cool. What do I do with said battery, can it be used again?

that sounds well dodgy if your sure the atty was cold then it could have been shorting, but in saying that if it was shorting out it should have been very hot indeed. did you check the nemie for faults or debris inside? and do the same with the attie, is the insulation on the outside of the battery intact?
    I would be very careful using the battery again or the setup even with another battery until your sure there is no shorting possible.
    If your not sure how to make these checks bring it back to the shop and have them check it over.

that sounds well dodgy if your sure the atty was cold then it could have been shorting, but in saying that if it was shorting out it should have been very hot indeed. did you check the nemie for faults or debris inside? and do the same with the attie, is the insulation on the outside of the battery intact?
    I would be very careful using the battery again or the setup even with another battery until your sure there is no shorting possible.
    If your not sure how to make these checks bring it back to the shop and have them check it over.

Unfortunately both components are fast tech specials ;-), I had been running the build on my provari for a week or so before I started with it on the nemesis. There was no debris in the battery housing. Switch and 510 were pretty clean.
    I had made an adjustment to the kayfun centre pin, i took it out and wrapped some dental floss around the screw head end to extend it to make contact with the provari. But as I said I'd been using it for a week or so in it, with no e warnings, before the mech. Got home last night and battery was cool and appears to be in as new condition, aesthetically. Got it on the charger now, hope it doesn't explode :-0 gonna see if it holds a charge.
    And as to your point about shorting temperatures. This is my first mech mod, only had it a week or so, so I've never had one short on me before. Would the device get really hot? too hot to touch?

Sounds like a short to me, check the o ring on the connector of the kayfun, that always seems to pop out on mine.

Might be worth your while stripping the kayfun completely including the post and checking for anything that could be causing a short.

Sounds like a short to me, check the o ring on the connector of the kayfun, that always seems to pop out on mine.

Might be worth your while stripping the kayfun completely including the post and checking for anything that could be causing a short.

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Would the device get really hot? too hot to touch?

Wow, that's scary stuff! My battery didn't even get close to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Is 18mg king these days? I've been noticing a worrying lack of 24mg liquids. :(

Advertisement