Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy atheists stealing our Christmas

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

Calibos wrote: »
    I was just reading my recipe book there and there were some great tips to prevent a dry baby.

Apparently, one makes a small incision along the spine,
    inserts ones fingers,
    then using ones finger one carefully separates the skin from the flesh underneath.
    Next, get some butter and seasoning and spread it around between the flesh and skin.
    Then, pack the abdominal cavity with some crushed garlic cloves and several whole onions befpre covering in tin foil and placing in the oven.
    Btw, don't throw out the baby giblets, they make a lovely gravy!!
    your some dickhead,you think its funny ? strange mod says nothing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

pontia wrote: »

Ah, you must cook your babies in the George Forman Grill. Dry, very dry indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭horsemaster

I am not an Atheist and I am not not a Christian. But I celebrate it for the simple reason that its a celebration. It makes me happy that there are people around me celebrating it and look happy. I love the Christmas lights and the festivities that go with it. I like the food which I am served when I am invited by my Christian friends to their home to partake in their meals. Seeing the joy and happiness my Christans friends' faces makes me feel great and I celebrate Christmas with them. No problem if you are not a Christian (or if you are an Atheist) I think. I am not. I am Hindu/Buddhist and I feel nothing wrong with celebrating with my fellow friends. Lets celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

pontia wrote: »
    "You're"
    Also, grow a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ah, you must cook your babies in the George Forman Grill. Dry, very dry indeed.

....aye, ye need a good sauce if ye do them that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Pontia is taking her Xmas hols early this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Nodin wrote: »
    ....aye, ye need a good sauce if ye do them that way.

Hang for 30 days then marinade the night before cooking. So tender and moist it makes baby Jesus cry

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hmm, my nephew is approaching 2 years old now, would he be too tough at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sarky wrote: »
    Hmm, my nephew is approaching 2 years old now, would he be too tough at this stage?
    That depends, is he a modern two year old or an old fashioned one? Old fashioned would be out running around all the time, can be quite tough. Modern is sitting in front of the TV, not using the muscles too much... yummy.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

MrPudding wrote: »
    Hang for 30 days then marinade the night before cooking. So tender and moist it makes baby Jesus cry

MrP

I reckon it's not worth hanging a baby over 18 months for more than a few days - becomes too gamey in flavour, unless the baby was fed exclusively on vegetable/fruit puree and milk products.

What marinade would you use? I favour a nice "cook-in" marinade - garlic, yoghurt and turmeric, mmmm:-)

• Advertisement

A good baby massage can help tenderize things wonderfully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I am not an Atheist and I am not not a Christian. But I celebrate it for the simple reason that its a celebration. It makes me happy that there are people around me celebrating it and look happy. I love the Christmas lights and the festivities that go with it. I like the food which I am served when I am invited by my Christian friends to their home to partake in their meals. Seeing the joy and happiness my Christans friends' faces makes me feel great and I celebrate Christmas with them. No problem if you are not a Christian (or if you are an Atheist) I think. I am not. I am Hindu/Buddhist and I feel nothing wrong with celebrating with my fellow friends. Lets celebrate!

After reading some of the really, really unpleasant stuff on boards lately - this makes me all cheered up now. Thanks horsemaster :)

Happy diwali, Christmas, xmas, winterval etc to ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Moses is Moses, but business is business.;)

It astonished me to discover that Christmas is a big thing in Japan and Singapore, neither of which is particularly Christian. But Christmas has really caught on in those countries.:)

I was really surprised at how popular it was myself. While walking down Orchard Road I found myself giggling like a lunatic when I spotted this manger scene...apparently Jesus was a big baby! :p

5o2wK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

The ultimate Christmas quiz
    http://www.skepticmoney.com/the-ultimate-christmas-quiz/

Let's see how ye all do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Filthy christians stealing our Yule/Saturnalia/Winter Solstice/Sol Invictus.

Yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

pH wrote: »

Let's see how ye all do!

6 and a half out of 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the often funny wonkette spots that O’Reilly Launches Next Volley In War On Christmas by stating Christianity is Not a Religion http://174.132.114.130/~wonkette/490900/oreilly-launches-next-volley-in-war-on-christmas-christianity-not-religion

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

21908_373626359393721_856154147_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

pH wrote: »

Let's see how ye all do!

I got 11 out of 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

I celebrate Midwinter, thinking of trying Festivus this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Galvasean wrote: »
    21908_373626359393721_856154147_n.jpg

tumblr_m5tp4hGOBw1qbnggp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I celebrate destroying the fùckin' turkey and then spend the rest of the day paralysed, wishing I didn't eat so much.

It's a tradition thing. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I celebrate destroying the fùckin' turkey and then spend the rest of the day paralysed, wishing I didn't eat so much.

It's a tradition thing. :pac:

I celebrate by insisting on calling the 26th of Dec 'Boxing Day' just to drive my Catholic Republican who does all her shopping in M&S and buys the Sunday Mail mother spare. It's a tradition thing.

As a family we gather on the 25th in my sister's house and play let's kill her potted plants by surreptitiously pouring the disgusting glasses of sweet sherry we all get to toast my grandmother's memory into them.

That is also a tradition thing - except for my big sis who drinks her's and wonders why all her plants die around New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,230 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Your lack of concern for vegetable rights is, frankly, appalling.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

ninja900 wrote: »

Interestingly rubber plants seem partial to a yuletide glass of sweet sherry. I've been trying to kill the same one for 6 years now and it just keeps getting bigger...and I suspect it watches me...sometimes it rustles when I enter the room....
    It's starting to freak me out a bit to be honest

Brother has done for 3 orchids, 2 Christmas cacti and a yucca but then he is a capitalist, industrialist á la carte Catholic white heterosexual male (with a hint of ginger in his hair remaining hair) so that's hardly surprising...and he's the one who buys the hideous liquid. There must be better sherrys out there than that sugar syrup with a hint of balsamic vinegar concoction he presents us will every year...and now that I think about it we never see the bottle....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,230 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lidl do a nice ruby port for 6.50 if you want to try something a bit different :) Not tested on animals plants...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Lidl do a nice ruby port for 6.50 if you want to try something a bit different :) Not tested on animals plants...

oooohhhh...I can't do port...nevereverevergagain....see I was a toddler many years ago...a toddler who saw a film where a matador poured drink from a bottle with a bull's head spout thingy on it...I was a toddler who recalled that me Nan had just such a bulls head spout thing on a bottle of stuff...I was a toddler who thought that matador looked cool doing the pouring thing...I was a toddler who wondered if I could do the pouring thing with the bulls head spout thingy...it took a few weeks of practice but eventually I was a toddler who got real good at pouring the dark red liquid from the bulls head spout thingy...shortly after performing my secret trick every night I was a toddler who staggered around 'exhausted' and had to be put to bed...

...now I am middle aged and feel quite ill if I even I smell port...or glace cherries but that's different tale of toddler adventures...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I do love the corruption of christmas carols. The Lovecraftian ones are the best.

For the uninitiated, Y'golonac is a hideous hulking Great Old One with no head and Huge gaping needle-toothed maws on the palms of its hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

:D

Advertisement